Sneeze Fetish Forum

What’s with overly tall women in fiction?

Saimou

Hi! So, I’ve been wondering lately, why is it so popular to have the main female, whom the audience should be attracted to, be unnaturally tall? This happens both inside and outside the Forum. I’m not talking about ”giantess-fics”, as I recognize those are in their own genre; but regular fics, where the woman, whom the ”romantic spotlight” is on, is, like, 6–7 feet tall? C’mon! Most MEN aren’t that tall (except maybe in Netherlands). I don’t mean to bitch about it too much, or make a mountain out of a molehill, and it’s not a HUGE issue; but, as a 163,5 cm (5’5,4”) male, it DOES somewhat bother me, when the woman, who’s supposed to be my (as the reader) romantic partner, is a head or two taller, than me. I understand that I am not the tallest of men, and thus, most fics wouldn’t be catering to my height; but even, if you have a fairly average-height male (let’s say: 5’11”), he would still be noticably shorter than his partner, who might be, say, 6’3”; and, apparently, that’s the whole point, for a lot of people. I understand that the idea of having one’s head buried in the woman’s boobs is a turn-on for a lot of men, myself included; but still, it’s rather embarrassing, really.

The same issue can be seen in many fics with a pre-set pairing (that is, both parties are the authors OC’s; yes, I’m specifically talking about original fiction, here; since the author has full control over that), where the man is of average height, yet the woman still manages to be a head and a half taller, than him.

I guess it’s the same phenomenon that has plagued beauty contests and the model-industry for several decades, now; where you have no business in, unless you’re a 5’10”-woman, who weighs less, than 100 pounds; as opposed to the good, old days, when the women in, for instance, beauty contests, were on the shorter side, and rather buxom and curvy :yes:.

Again, I don’t mean to bitch, or rant TOO much. I’m just hoping that someone with knowledge about the matter could shed some light for me on, why do so many men find extremely tall women so attractive?

:yeaahh::stun:

2 hours ago, webmeistro said:

...exactly what are you reading?

Well, a couple of examples from the forum would be: ”Sneezy Spy (F, big sneeze)” (though, it doesn’t seem to have a defined pairing; but that’s beside the point), and: ”Me and your Farther's love story (F+ Gigantic+”, for an example with pre-set pairing ( = both parties are OC’s of the author; i.e. Not Reader-centric). There’s quite a few more outside the Forum, but I don’t remember them, right now.

1 hour ago, SneezyHolmes said:

Lmfao my dude..what..??

I’m just looking for answers to the root cause for the popularity of disproportionately tall women in fiction (fetish or otherwise). I’m just curious; because it’s such a foreign preference for me; and lately, I seem to be more and more in the minority, preferring cute women (I’ve also mentioned numerous times, how there’s nothing sexier, than a small woman with a huge sneeze :yes:).

Uh okay. "Giant Woman Blasting Huge Sneezies" is a legit fetish that some people have, but I really don't think there's a disproportionate amount of it.

Dude, whatttt in general female characters do not exist to sexually satisfy you. 

But I don’t think that’s what your post was referring to. I think you were talking more in terms of fetish content?

unless your writing your own fetish fiction, then sure, the character exists to sexually satisfy you.

in fetish fiction people have their own preferences so it’s only natural it may not suit your personal preferences every time?? 

The huge amount of Fetish stories on here with blonde girls named “Becky” or “Brittney” with 0 personality traits and huge titties doesn’t really push my buttons tbh 🤣 but that’s ok.

I think people tend to love gigantic sneezes. 

you literally didn't need to tell us you were 5'5.4 the napoleon complex was obvious

im 5'0 and would love for a woman of any size to literally step on me. consider that not every piece of media is created with you as the target audience, saimou

2 hours ago, Nas said:

you literally didn't need to tell us you were 5'5.4 the napoleon complex was obvious

im 5'0 and would love for a woman of any size to literally step on me. consider that not every piece of media is created with you as the target audience, saimou

🤣🤣🤣 yea this topic was not bound to go over well 

4 hours ago, Nas said:

The second I read that, this topic made sense lol 😆 Tall women exist, I'm 5'8 and regularly meet women taller than me.

Like..am I just missing the stories where height is the secondary plot point or..? Whining about OC's not being to your tastes seems a little bit in the 'oof' territory too but..ya know..

Edited by SneezyHolmes

Edited by SneezyHolmes
Not sure what happened to my comment here..? Weird.

Giantesses are a specific fetish, yes, but aside from that, no, I haven't noticed in any fiction here or otherwise that women were any taller than they would be in real life.

9 hours ago, webmeistro said:

Uh okay. "Giant Woman Blasting Huge Sneezies" is a legit fetish that some people have, but I really don't think there's a disproportionate amount of it.

So it kind of seems 🤔.

7 hours ago, Melody said:

Dude, whatttt in general female characters do not exist to sexually satisfy you. 

But I don’t think that’s what your post was referring to. I think you were talking more in terms of fetish content?

unless your writing your own fetish fiction, then sure, the character exists to sexually satisfy you.

in fetish fiction people have their own preferences so it’s only natural it may not suit your personal preferences every time?? 

The huge amount of Fetish stories on here with blonde girls named “Becky” or “Brittney” with 0 personality traits and huge titties doesn’t really push my buttons tbh 🤣 but that’s ok.

I think people tend to love gigantic sneezes. 

Correct. I was specifically talking about fetish fic. I wouldn’t expect the author’s preferences to suit mine ”every time”; but it is a specific pattern I’ve been noticing lately.

7 hours ago, Nas said:

im 5'0 and would love for a woman of any size to literally step on me.

”To literally step on you.”?

OK. You do you.

7 hours ago, Nas said:

consider that not every piece of media is created with you as the target audience, saimou

Again, I do not expect to be the target audience of every piece of media; but this is a very specific and consistent pattern that goes against my preferences that I can’t help but notice it. If it only occurred once in a blue moon, and other times, the issue was, say, overemphasis on anal sex, or whatever; I wouldn’t even notice it. But the fact that it’s the same preference that’s left unsatisfied so consistently, inevitably catches my attention. Also, again, I’m not here to bitch, or demand every piece of media to be edited to satisfy my tastes, ASAP; but to search for answers for this phenomenon that’s caught my eye.

Hey, remember when there was a topic where lesbians were talking about wanting to be portrayed as human beings in fetish fics and some people were all like "You should just live with it, it's people's right to write whatever they want regardless of who thinks what about it, it's just a fetish thing anyway, it's no big deal! You should respect people's right to not read about lesbians as human beings!"

I have no idea why I felt like bringing that up right now, it's so weird that just popped into my head for absolutely no reason. 😉

3 hours ago, SleepingPhlox said:

Hey, remember when there was a topic where lesbians were talking about wanting to be portrayed as human beings in fetish fics and some people were all like "You should just live with it, it's people's right to write whatever they want regardless of who thinks what about it, it's just a fetish thing anyway, it's no big deal! You should respect people's right to not read about lesbians as human beings!"

I have no idea why I felt like bringing that up right now, it's so weird that just popped into my head for absolutely no reason. 😉

Funnily enough, this thread reminded ME of that same exact thread, as well. Must be the same basic theme of the writer’s preferences vs. the reader’s preferences. 😉😅:lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Well all I can really say is... People like big lady. I mean just look at all the buzz around RE6 with the vampire momma people went nuts over her being as tall as she was

6 hours ago, Mimaneneko said:

Well all I can really say is... People like big lady. I mean just look at all the buzz around RE6 with the vampire momma people went nuts over her being as tall as she was

My statement on Bondi’s reply still stands and applies here, as well: It does, indeed, seem so; and that does explain a lot. I mean, some people have a thing for ”overweight” partners; so, I guess this is not that far removed from that, as a phenomenon 🤔.

To be honest, I really haven't noticed much of a trend of "overly tall" women in fiction. I consume stories with female sneezers  almost exclusively, and if their height is mentioned at all, I have found that it's usually just average. That's not to say that there aren't any tall women in fiction, but I see (or rather, read about) an equal amount of short women. 

This reminds me of something, in The Big Sleep by Raymond Chandler there is a bit that goes:

Vivian Regan: "So you're the detective. Tall, aren't you?"

Philip Marlowe: "I didn't ask to be."

But when they made the movie, because Humphrey Bogart was noticeably shorter than Lauren Bacall, they had to change it to:

Vivian Regan: "So you're the detective. Not very tall, are you?"

Philip Marlowe: "I try to to be."