Sneeze Fetish Forum

"Strange" things that make you sneeze

Shastalaska

What are some things that could be considered uncommon that make you sneeze?

I for one have a pretty out there thing that makes me sneeze. I have a muscle tic in my nose, right around the "sneeze center" that makes me sneeze whenever it does its little twitching movement. It often makes me sneeze in pretty long fits too, which makes going out in public quite the embarrassing gamble at times. I have gone to a doctor to get help with it though, so it's not as bad and doesn't act up as much as it used to.

Folding laundry. Either makes me sneeze or makes me super itchy and sensitive. It isn’t the scents or the dryer sheet - I’m fairly certain at this point it’s just the clothing fibers in the air because cleaning the lint trap can trigger it too. 

Such a very odd and random thing it feels stupid typing it out, hahaha! 

3 minutes ago, Heathercd said:

Folding laundry. Either makes me sneeze or makes me super itchy and sensitive. It isn’t the scents or the dryer sheet - I’m fairly certain at this point it’s just the clothing fibers in the air because cleaning the lint trap can trigger it too. 

The laundry gets me sometimes too. So does getting out of the shower.

16 minutes ago, SDbaby22 said:

The laundry gets me sometimes too. So does getting out of the shower.

Totally thought I was alone with that 😂 it’s so random! 

Sometimes the shift in humidity walking from the bathroom to my bedroom will do it too after a shower. 

39 minutes ago, Heathercd said:

Not at all stupid, this also happens to me too! Not sure why either, but it happens and always at the most inopportune moments haha

Eating/drinking something cold too fast, using cleaning sprays, and going from the really cold outdoors to a heated place - I get a sneeze or two from any of these.

Eating junk food would sometimes make my nose stuffed up and make me sneeze for couple minutes. Am i the only one with this problem?

18 hours ago, Stimuli said:

Well, chewing gum does the trick for me. 

You mean ah-chewing gum? :rofl: 

:thankyou: Thank you, thank you, I'll be here all week! (actually no, I'm trying to write and not get too distracted. :lol:  )

4 hours ago, Chanel_no5 said:

You mean ah-chewing gum? :rofl: 

:thankyou: Thank you, thank you, I'll be here all week! (actually no, I'm trying to write and not get too distracted. :lol:  )

heida-reed-sigh.gif

(okay, I *did* laugh to be completely fair 😂

I have nothing like this for myself, but  man this thread is so amusing LOL. Dijon mustard? Chewing gum?? Laundry?? it's like the universe knows y'all like sneezing or something 🤣

On 11/6/2022 at 8:26 PM, Heathercd said:

Yep. Same! Whenever I empty the lint trap in the dryer, it often triggers a sneeze or two.

Same thing for emptying the vacuum cleaner canister 

On 11/8/2022 at 3:47 PM, Melody said:

I have nothing like this for myself, but  man this thread is so amusing LOL. Dijon mustard? Chewing gum?? Laundry?? it's like the universe knows y'all like sneezing or something 🤣

Indeed lol 😂

What I'm about to say is really cliché and typical in sneezefics but I don't know how common it actually is in real life. Personally, when I get drenched in cold rain (when I forget my umbrella) or when I swim in cold water, I start sneezing uncontrollably. This is very unlike me, because I rarely sneeze and I am always able to control the urge.

I’m not a very sneezy person, but the past couple of years I have noticed that cutting onions sometimes causes me to sneeze. 

Sometimes if I bend down, gto pick something up or look under something for example, it'll trigger a sneeze. I've always figured it's the blood rushing to my head! 

I have to be honest. Nothing makes me sneeze ... other than properly inducing. Nothing weird or unusual. It's kind of a bummer.

I sneeze at least 5 times in a row when I first get in bed every night.  My SO, on the other hand, rarely sneezes when lying down unless he’s sick.  

5 hours ago, Alyssa1146 said:

I sneeze at least 5 times in a row when I first get in bed every night.  My SO, on the other hand, rarely sneezes when lying down unless he’s sick.  

Wow! That's really interesting! Does it happen no matter where you're staying? For example on holiday, or at a friend or family members house?

I have lemon and ginger tea bags that sometimes make me sneeze when I get one from the box. Dried ginger can be a fairly "tickly" spice if I think about it.

Otherwise I agree there are some crazy triggers here 😂 I wonder how common it is for people to have weird sneeze triggers but don't pay attention to what they are.

Particularly flavourful radishes.  No other type of food, no matter how spicy.  Not bland radishes.  Just really tangy radishes.  And I don't know why.

On 11/22/2022 at 7:43 PM, Alyssa1146 said:

That's like a gift that keeps on giving.

And I every once in a while sneeze two in a row, although there's a slow buildup between them.

Edited by Honkytonklagoon
  • 2 months later...