Sneeze Fetish Forum

Depression

cameronsneeze

Cameronsneeze,

Something that i have found that helps keep me motivated when I struggle with depression is to pick just one thing that I HAVE to get accomplished for that day.  There have been days where I was SO depressed that my one thing was to make my bed, nothing else mattered besides that.  As time goes on, I kept adding more things to my day that HAD to get done.  I have also included meditation and exercise into my daily routine.  In the past, I was journaling as an outlet to get everything out onto paper as a means of "venting" about where my head was at in that very moment.  I have also been talking with a therapist for the past few years, which really helps me.  

If there are moments when you're not struggling with depression, what kinds of things do you like to do?  Are there things you can do or places you can go that make you happy?  Do you have any resources to talk to (therapy, family, friends)?  

I hope these tips help you!  This community is AMAZING and is filled with people that are here to truly help out!

Jeff

1 hour ago, Jeff said:

Cameronsneeze,

Something that i have found that helps keep me motivated when I struggle with depression is to pick just one thing that I HAVE to get accomplished for that day.  There have been days where I was SO depressed that my one thing was to make my bed, nothing else mattered besides that.  As time goes on, I kept adding more things to my day that HAD to get done.  I have also included meditation and exercise into my daily routine.  In the past, I was journaling as an outlet to get everything out onto paper as a means of "venting" about where my head was at in that very moment.  I have also been talking with a therapist for the past few years, which really helps me.  

If there are moments when you're not struggling with depression, what kinds of things do you like to do?  Are there things you can do or places you can go that make you happy?  Do you have any resources to talk to (therapy, family, friends)?  

I hope these tips help you!  This community is AMAZING and is filled with people that are here to truly help out!

Jeff

Hey this really gave me a different outlook. Thanks so much, it’s really refreshing to know people care! Already love this community. 💚

14 hours ago, cameronsneeze said:

Hey this really gave me a different outlook. Thanks so much, it’s really refreshing to know people care! Already love this community. 💚

Happy to help!  You need anything else, don't hesitate to reach out!

• 2 months later...

I know this was from a couple months ago but I have bipolar so I have some methods of handing depression and staying resilient that have worked for me. First, get up right when your alarm goes off. I take seroquil at night before I go to sleep and what feeds sleeping in past your alarm is the lie that thinking 1 or 5 more mins would do u anymore good. Also, starting your day by exercising or with a shower or coffee to immediately stimulate yourself when u wake helps. I deal with most of my anxiety in the mornings after I wake up with a shitload of nightmares. I start my day every single day with a fresh bowl of weed and that’s what helps me survive mornings, when my anxiety is at its peak. To each their own tho bc for some weed can worsen depression. Last advice I have is notice and praise yourself when you do something right or endured something difficult. So often we think about what we have done wrong or how we are disappointed in ourselves and it’s harder to pat yourself on the back and notice what went smoothly since it’s easier to notice and put attention to things you are discontent with. Hope this helped in any way, cameronsneeze. 🌼

• 1 month later...
On 1/18/2023 at 6:24 PM, cameronsneeze said:

Does anyone have any tips for getting that motivation to start your day when you struggle with depression?

As someone who also struggles with depression I can say that it depends. Some days are better than others and sometimes motivation Is easy and the next moment it is all gone. I am not the biggest fan of giving advice because I feel that everyone is so different that what is helpful for me might not necessarily work for you. That being said. If I am having a bad day I always tell myself that that does not mean tomorrow has to be bad either. I also found routine exercise and putting more emphasis on personal cleanliness helps me.

• 1 month later...

I do, but one of the most important things I learned was why some motivation and self-help stuff works for some people and not others.

A lot of the advice out there is written by people who are Born Organised (BO) and by that I mean people for whom being organised, motivated, disciplined etc comes naturally. They honestly think they are doing people a favour, and they are, BUT:

One of the most helpful sources I have found was from someone who was not only NOT one of those BO people, but she talked about her past experience with depression etc. And she simplified her advice as much as possible because it’s aimed at those of us who struggle with those things, not the Marie Kondos and Martha Stewarts of the world who do 6 impossible things before breakfast etc.

Her website is called “flylady DOT net” and she refers to it as FLYing: Finally Loving Yourself. If it helps you great; if not, there’s other things out there.

The others have already mentioned some great tips, but one I would add (that I learned from FlyLady) is not to consider myself fully dressed until I put on lace-up shoes. The reason for that is two-fold. It not only tells your mind “I’m ready for the day, it’s time to get started and do things,” but the extra effort it takes to remove lace-up shoes (as opposed to easily removing slip on shoes) means you’re more likely to stay motivated for longer and less likely to just slip back into bed/have a nap etc. Does that make sense?

There’s a great webcomic on blogspot by Allie Brosh called Hyperbole and A Half and in a few of her more recent strips she talks about her own struggle with depression. It’s worth reading if only because she’s not only hilarious, she’s someone who gets it.

All the best, and let us know how you get on (if it’s ok with you) or if you want to know more.

🫂