Sneeze Fetish Forum

aggedy_ann

I know I’ve got a lot of stuff in the works (and also that I disappeared - I was busy freaking out about certification exams, which are over now.  I’m fully certified and don’t have to deal with the exams for another 5 years…thankfully).

But I couldn’t sleep and this came to life….

Tim came home to see Ethan curled up on the couch, hunched over a book, fleece throw draped over his shoulders.   “Hey.”   Ethan looked up, and Tim bent down to kiss him.

Ethan pulled back.  “Might not want to do that.  Think I might be coming down with something.”   He paused, cleared his throat, coughed and winced.  “Have come down with something,” he amended.

“You sure?”  Tim frowned.  “I know your allergies haven’t given you much of a break lately.”

Ethan nodded.   “The sneezing’s allergies.  So are the itchy eyes.   Headache…could go either way.   But this sore throat is not a scratchy irritated allergy throat.   I feel like I’m swallowing glass.”  He winced again, and Tim’s frown grew deeper.   “Cough is different; it’s not from my sinuses draining.   Not sure where it’s coming from.  The chills and the not quite fever, definitely related to the throat.”

“Think you need to go to the express clinic?  Get your throat swabbed?”

HahShoo!” Ethan grimaced.  “Probably not a bad idea.”  He stood up, took the hoodie Tim handed him and followed him to the car.

Tim had him at the walk-in clinic within 20 minutes.  They had him in a room in another 20 beginning his assessment.   

A vitals check revealed that his almost fever was now a definite one.  He verified his medications, allergies, then sat on the exam table, waiting for the nurse practitioner, hoodie pulled tight around him.  

He didn’t wait long, much to the relief of both of them.  He ran through his symptoms for the nurse practitioner, just as he had given Tim the run down.   Then he tried not to shiver as her cold hands palpated his swollen glands, and she placed her freezing stethoscope on his back and chest.   She inspected his throat and nodded.

“Strep’s going around.”  She told them.  “I’m pretty sure you’ve got it, but before I start you on anything, I need to run a strep test to be sure.  Is that ok?”

Ethan nodded, wiping his nose, then swapping that tissue for a fresh one.    “Yeah.”  His voice creaked, and he cleared his throat.   “Yeah.”

She turned and began assembling the test kit.   Ethan turn towards Tim, trying to smile, then covering his face with his forearm.   AhShoo!”

“Bless you.”  Tim said, frowning as Ethan winced.   

The nurse practitioner turned back to Ethan, tongue depressor and swab in hand.   “Ready?”

Ethan nodded, opening his mouth wide so she could reach the back of his throat.   He brought his elbow and coughed when she finished, Tim standing to rub his back.   

She began running the test and turned back to him to discuss supportive care if it wasn’t strep, and even if it was, to alleviate the symptoms until the antibiotics kicked in.    When the timer beeped, she turned back to the test, looked at it, and back at Ethan.   “Penicillin allergy…I think I’d like to go with a Z-pack for you.   Is that alright?”

Ethan nodded, grateful he wouldn’t just have to wait this out.   

“Pharmacy?” 

He named off the nearby grocery store, and she sent over the prescription along with instructions on when to go to urgent care and a note excusing him from work tomorrow, until he’d had 24 hours on the antibiotic.

He followed Tim to the car, then slumped in the passenger seat as Tim drove the short distance to the grocery store.    “Let’s get your pills and a few things to help your throat, ok.”

HatShoo!”  Ethan had his tissue ready to catch the painful sneeze.   

“Bless you.”   Tim squeezed his arm, the slipped his arm around his waist as the walked into the store.    

First stop was the pharmacy to check on Ethan’s prescription – 15 minute wait, followed by a walk through the store.   Ethan gave occasional input as Tim tossed soup fixings, sugar free pudding, jello and popsicles into the cart.  He only protested when Tim tried to throw in orange juice.

“That’s gonna hurt too much to swallow.  Too acidic.”   He pointed out.   

“You need vitamin C.” Tim protested back.   

Ethan sighed, “try apple juice?”  He pleaded.

Tim nodded, moving the cart over to the juice aisle, the walking Ethan over to the pharmacy.   “Pick out some cough drops.  Think we need cold medicine?”  He grabbed a bottle of throat spray.   

Ethan nodded, carefully selecting his cough drops.   “I’d like liquid, to be honest.”

Tim picked up liquid day-time and night-time cold medicine, paused, then reached for a bottle of liquid Zyrtec, holding it up for Ethan’s approval.  

Ethan nodded, stepping into the short pharmacy line.   

“Meet you up front.”   Tim took the cart and headed for the check-out.

Ethan found Tim at the front of the store a few minutes later, helped him carry the groceries to the car, then collapsed into the passenger seat.   

“Had enough?”

Ethan’s response was a loud sneeze, buried in the collar of his hoodie.   

“Bless you.  I’ll take that as a yes.”  Tim grinned, putting the car in gear and pulling out of the parking spot.   

The apartment didn’t come quickly enough for Ethan.   He headed straight for the bedroom after dropping the groceries on the kitchen counter.

“Hold up.”  Tim stopped him, holding up the box of pills.  

Ethan turned back, taking the pills from Tim, then the glass of juice.   He swallowed the pills, drank the juice, wincing with each swallow as his tender throat protested, the continued his quest for his bed.   

Tim finished putting the groceries away before poking his head in on Ethan.

AhtShoo!”  Ethan sat on the foot of the bed, head buried in his arm.    

“Bless you.”

Ethan straightened up, giving Tim a pained smile.   “Sneezing sucks.”

“Sounds painful.”   Tim plopped down next to Ethan.   “Even your voice sounds painful.”

Ethan nodded.

“You had lunch, right?”

Another nod.

“I’m gonna make you soup for supper.”

“Creamy chicken dumpling?”  He referred to Tim’s specialty.

“You got it.”

“Can you skip the dumplings?  And chicken?”

“So creamy chicken broth?  Any particular reason?”

“Liquids hurt less to swallow than solids.”

“Gotcha.”

AhShoo!”

Tim looked at Ethan, frowning.  “You’re setting up for an allergy attack, aren’t you?”

“God, I hope not.”  Ethan sighed, coughing.

“Can I ask how long you’ve been this sick?”

Ethan shrugged.   “Not long.  I promise.”   He paused to blow his nose.  “I woke up this morning with kinda a sore throat.  But I figured it was because last night was awful, and I didn’t sleep well.”

Tim nodded.  Ethan’s allergies had done a number on him last night.  He’d kept waking himself up with forceful sneezes, and the highlight was an allergy attack at 2 am.

“Anyway, I took a nap after you left, woke up, and my throat felt like it was being stabbed with knives.  Hour later, cough had started and my temp was up.”

“Hit you quick.  Although maybe that’s why last night was so rough.”

“Maybe.”   Ethan tugged his shirt collar up.  HatShoo!”  He sighed.   “You were right.   Allergy attack.”

“When you sneeze that close together…”

“I know, I know.   This is going to suck.”

Tim rubbed his back.  “What can I do?”

“Make my throat better.” Ethan pouted.

“I bought throat spray…the throat numbing stuff.”

Ethan looked over, eyes a mix of gratitude and relief.   

“Be right back.”  Tim ducked out, returning with the grocery bag of medications.   Pulling them out, “we have your cough drops, the throat spray, and your liquids: DayQuil, NyQuil, Benadryl, Tylenol, and Zyrtec.”  He peeled the cellophane off the cap of the throat spray and handed it to Ethan.  “Better?”

“My mouth is numb.   We’ll give the throat a minute.  You thought of everything.”

“I tried.  If I forgot something, I’ll run out.”

Ethan smiled before his face scrunched up with another sneeze.

“Bless you.  Cough drop?”

“Wait til I’m done.  For both.”  He referenced both the cough drop and Tim’s blessings.   A loud blow punctuated his statement.   

“Cough drop will help your throat.”  Tim stated the obvious.  

“Not while I’m sneezing like this.  I’ll either spit it out or choke.”

“You want your snack when you’re done?”

Ethan shrugged.  “I guess.  The thought of swallowing…”

“I know.   We should get some tea in you first.”

Ethan started to nod, then swiftly turned away from Tim, ducking toward the floor, bringing a hand up too late.  HahShoo!” A sudden, exceptionally powerful sneeze ripped through him.   “Ow.” He whimpered.

“Cover.”  Tim said, reflexively.

“Tried.  Barely had time to get away from you.”  Ethan pointed out.   

“About that sneeze, pretty painful?”  At Ethan’s nod, “maybe you should try a bit more honey in your tea right now.”

Ethan opened his mouth to protest, but Tim continued.

“I’m not saying go crazy like I do.  But more than just the tiny bit you put in.   Maybe twice that.   Maybe like a teaspoon.”

“Blood sugars.”  Ethan coughed, wincing again.  “They’re already high because I’m sick.  That’ll just jump ‘em higher.”

“High how?”  Tim challenged.  “Like ruin your A1C high? Or like maybe for the next day or two you might need to use your sliding scale, like on holidays or your birthday when you let yourself have sweets?”

“The second one.”  Ethan admitted, hating to let go of his tight control on his blood glucose.   

“And to be able to sneeze without extreme pain?”

AhChoo!” Ethan winced again.  “I guess we could try it.  See if it helps.”

“Be back, ok.”  He rubbed Ethan’s arm, the disappeared for the kitchen.   True to his word, he was back in a few minutes with tea.   “It still needs to steep; there’s a little less than a teaspoon of honey in there.”   He set the cup on the dresser.  “If it’s too sweet for you, we’ll try a little less.”  He sat back down as Ethan sneezed again.

Noticing how Ethan clenched his fists, digging his nails into his palms, he sighed.   His boyfriend must really be in pain with the toll the repeated sneezes were taking on his throat.  “Hey, you’ve gotta be almost done.”

Ethan shook his head.  “At least another 10 minutes.” He glanced at the clock.  “I’ve never had an attack last less than 20.”  He looked at Tim, faint appearance of tears in his eyes.   After a second, he brushed at his eyes.  “I’m sorry.  I just feel so awful.”

“I know.”  Tim kissed the top of his head, then took his hand.  “Squeeze my hand instead of smashing your nails into yours, ok?”

Ethan laughed slightly.  “K.   You sure you want to do that?  I’m pretty contagious.”

“I’m already exposed.” Tim reminded him.  “As much as you were sneezing overnight.  Plus, I had my tonsils out when I was 7, so that cuts my chances of getting it.”  He shrugged.  “Had tonsillitis plenty, strep once before I lost the tonsils.   Neither since, been exposed plenty.”

“So you’re due.”

Tim shot him a look.  “Don’t be so negative.”  He paused as Ethan sneezed again, his turn to wince at the force Ethan squeezed his hand with.

Ethan noticed and dropped his hand.  “Sorry!” He croaked.

“It’s ok.”  Tim reassured him.  “I use the left one more anyway.”  He teased, taking Ethan’s hand again.  He began to chatter about his morning with Alex and Freddie to distract Ethan from the time, hoping to make the next, hopefully, 10 minutes seem as fast as possible.   

It was 13 minutes.  And it dragged for them both.   13 minutes and 8 sneezes, each one with a pained expression from Ethan, and a whimper with the last one.

“Bless you,” Tim said, relieved when they had passed 3 minutes with no sneezes, deciding it was over.  “Snack and drugs.”  He offered.  

“I’ll take that offer.”

“You want cold meds or Benadryl?”

Ethan looked at his watch.  “Benadryl. Stop the sneezing and that way I don’t have to stay up for cold meds.  Maybe some Tylenol though, for the throat.”  He reached for the cough drops as Tim began filling the provided medicine cups.

Ethan slammed each one, trying not to taste them, ignoring the pain in his throat, knowing that this would help.

“Snack.”

Ethan sighed.

“I know you’re running high, but I don’t need you crashing on me.”

“Just don’t want to swallow.”

“I bought yogurt.”

“K.”  Ethan slowly followed Tim to the kitchen where he picked at a peach yogurt.   “Can I go sleep now?”  He asked when he finished.   

Tim turned from the soup pot.  “I’ll join you when I’m done with the soup.”

Ethan nodded, grabbing a paper towel from the center of the table.   HatChoo!”

“Bless you.  Go sleep.”

30 minutes later, Tim entered the dim bedroom where Ethan lay sprawled out on the bed, cheeks feverishly pink.   He gently pressed a hand on his shoulder.  “Hey E, I need some of the bed.”

“Oh.”  Ethan, waking up, shifted to his side of the bed.   AhtShoo!”  He fumbled for a tissue, coming up with an empty box.  “Got tissues?”  He sniffled.  

Tim handed him the box on his side of the bed.  “I’ll get get you a fresh box later.”  He promised. 

“Thanks.   Wish I could stop sneezing.  It’s better but still painful.”

Tim chuckled. “You stop sneezing?”

“Fine.  Cut it down, then.  You know, normal levels of sneezing.”

“After last night, I’ll take that,” Tim yawned.

“I kept you up.”

“Let’s just say a nap sounds really…”. He broke off, wrapping his arm across his face.  YehhAhhShehh!YehhShushh!”

“Bless you.”  Worry colored Ethan’s tone; Tim picked up on it instantly.

“Just sneezes.”  He attempted to reassure Ethan.

“You sure?  I mean, you never sneeze; I’m sick, and now, you’re sneezing.”

“I’m sure.  Can’t remember the last time I sneezed, so that means I’m due for a pair.” He shrugged.  

“Ok.”  Ethan sounded at least halfway convinced.  “Must be nice to forget when you sneezed last.” 

“Want me to start putting it on the calendar?  Can I get a tissue, by the way?”

Ethan offered over the box for Tim to pluck one, waited for him to blow his nose.   “You gonna chatter or sleep?”

Tim swung his legs up and stretched out next to Ethan.  “I know you’re not going to snuggle.”  He sighed.

“Tomorrow.”

“Tomorrow?”

“I have to be on the antibiotic 24 hours.”

Tim grinned.  “Until tomorrow, then.”

Yeah on the certification. So happy for you.💃Another great story. Hope you get back to a sensible rhythm now that studies are over so you can get proper sleep. kudos 

On 2/6/2023 at 8:23 PM, Tumble said:

Nice, can’t wait to see what happens in the morning. 

Not sure, but I’m betting it involves a sick Tim! 

• 2 months later...

💕 you guys.  Thanks!

There wasn’t going to be more to this, but they had a few more things to say.    Anyway, this should be the end now.   sorry for the delay - I’m trying to get used to having free time again

Ethan’s alarm went off after what felt like too short of a night for both of them.   Ethan was too miserable to sleep, and Tim was too keyed into Ethan’s misery to sleep.    After getting snapped at by Ethan’s hoarse croak after fretting one too many times after a cough, sneeze or harsh sniffle, Tim had lay there most of the night, worrying in silence.   

On Ethan’s part, his temp had shot up during the night, the sneezing never did really ease, and the coughing had only intensified.   He’d debated sleeping on the couch, but knew he’d get no sleep there.   He’d debated asking Tim to…at least one of them could rest, but at the same time wanted Tim next to him.   

Tim heard Ethan get out of bed and head into the the next room, presumably to call, leave his message for the clinic that he wouldn’t be in.   When he didn’t come back in a few minutes, Tim frowned, worried.   

Slipping his jeans on, he padded to the living room.

HatChoo!”

Tim saw Ethan’s head bow forward into a waiting tissue.

He cleared his throat as Ethan straightened up.

Ethan looked over, motioned him over, making room on the couch.  “Didn’t want to keep you awake with this.”  He indicated his nose in reference to his typical morning sneezes.

“I worried. Makes it hard to fall back to sleep.”  Tim shrugged.

Ethan nodded, squeezing his hand.

“Still hurts to talk?”

Ethan nodded.

“That bad?”

Ethan took a sip of water.  “You have no idea.” He rasped.   

Tim gave a small frown.   “Think you’ll be up for work tomorrow?”

A shrug.  

“Don’t have to decide that until tonight, I guess.”

Nodding, then coughing.”

Tim winced at the sound.   “Sounds painful.”

“It is.”   A sharp inhale.  AhShoo!”

Tim rubbed his back.  “Just getting started?”

“Sneeze number two.” He glanced at his wrist – no watch.   “I’d guess I’m about 5 minutes into this.”  He took a tissue to his nose and gently wiped at it.

Tim sighed.  “Breakfast?”

Ethan’s turn to sigh.

“I know.  I know.  You’re not hungry, and your throat hurts.   But, you gotta eat.   I’m not watching you crash again.  You check your blood sugar?”

Ethan shook his head.  “Haven’t gotten that far.”

Tim rubbed his shoulder.  “Go check.   Get your temperature, too.”

AhtShoo!”

“Bless you.  Go.  Meet you in the kitchen.”

Ethan entered the kitchen a few minutes later to find a glass of apple juice and bowl of jello waiting for him.   Tim was finishing up a cup of tea.    “I’ll have oatmeal in a few minutes.  How’s your temp?”

“99.8.  Down from last night.”

“How’s your blood sugar with the added honey?”

HatChoo.”  Ethan buried his face in his elbow.   “Not really any higher than usual sick blood sugars.”

Tim nodded, setting the mug in front of him.   “Is it helping?”

“The honey?  Yeah.”  He slid into a chair, selecting a napkin from the holder and blowing his nose.

Tim turned back to the pot on the stove.   “You want anything in your oatmeal?  Usual?”

“No.”  Ethan cleared his throat.  “Just a little brown sugar.  No fruit.”   

“Right.  Your throat.”   He set the bowl in front of Ethan, who twisted slightly to the side, napkin in hand.   A few seconds later…”AtShoo!”  A sigh.  “I don’t know what’s worse.   The anticipation of the sneeze or the sneeze.”

Tim, preparing his own oatmeal, looked sympathetic.   “Anticipation.   At least with the sneeze…well, your sneezes, anyway, it’s over quick.” He hypothesized.

“Probably.” Ethan agreed, taking a small bite and gingerly swallowing.    

Tim sat across from him, digging into his own oatmeal, frowning as Ethan sneezed again a minute later.

“Sounds like it’s gonna be a bad allergy day on top of this.”

Ethan nodded, mouth full of oatmeal.   “Unfortunately,” he said after a swallow.  “Not catching a break here.”

“Take your antibiotic yet?”

“I’ll take that at supper, since I took it so late in the afternoon yesterday.”

Tim nodded, turning back to his breakfast, not wanting to make Ethan converse with his painful throat.

HahShoo!…AhtShoo!”

Tim’s head jerked up at the rare double from Ethan.

“Haven’t heard you do that for awhile.” He remarked, trying to sound casual, while knowing it meant today was going to be exceptionally rough on his boyfriend.

Ethan took a long sip of tea.   “Knew that was coming eventually.” His face took on a resigned expression.

“Benadryl?”

Ethan shook his head.  “Think I’d rather have the cold medicine.   Take care of the cough.”

“I’ll go get it.”  Tim stepped away from the table, returning a few minutes later with the bottle of cold medicine, just in time to see Ethan erupt with another sneeze.

“Coming at a pretty good clip.”

“Pollen’s not cutting me a break.”

Tim nodded, pulling a paper towel off the counter.  HeyYehShoo! YehhShoo!”

Just like last night, another suspicious blessing from Ethan.   “Sure I didn’t get you sick?”

Tim nodded, blowing his nose.

“Think it’s allergies.  Eyes kinda itch, too.”

“To what?” Ethan demanded.

Tim blew his nose again, deposited the paper towel in the trash.   “We didn’t dust on schedule because of how bad your allergies were the other weekend.  Still haven’t done it.   Think it’s getting to me.  Sure it’s not helping you.”

Ethan nodded, relaxing briefly, then tensing up in anticipation of another sneeze.  HahShoo!”  A quick swipe at his nose with a napkin.   “Makes sense.”  He admitted.  “I’m going to have to get used to you sneezing until the weekend.”

“Or Friday.  Thought I’d do it while you’re at work.”

Relief flooded Ethan’s face.   With as bad as his spring allergies were, the last thing he wanted to deal with was a dust induced allergy attack.

“Still gotta get used to me sneezing though.”  Tim cracked a grin.  “Now eat.”

A few bites, then another sneeze from Ethan followed by sharp coughs.    “Not gonna lie,” he said when he recovered, “I wish you were staying home today.”

Tim laughed.  “I am home today, remember.   That’s why I’m up with you.”  He looked at his watch.  “Cavities filled in an 2 hours.”

“I forgot.”

“Gotta admit though, I wish you weren’t seeing me all numb and drooling.”

That got a laugh…and a sneeze from Ethan.   

“Bless you.   I’ll be home in time to make you eat lunch.”

Ethan looked down at his breakfast, took another bite, reached for the cold medicine he’d gotten distracted from and swallowed a cupful.   “Hopefully this helps.”

“It will.” Tim reassured, rubbing his nose.   “I think I’m gonna grab a zyrtec, though.   Don’t need both of us sneezing all day.   As usual, I’ll leave that to you.”

Ethan’s mock glare was ruined by his thirteenth sneeze.   

Again he returned to breakfast and tea, where he fell into a pattern of five or six bites followed by a sneeze, and repeat, eventually finishing the oatmeal and jello.    

Tim looked at him when he finished.   “You know you’ve got 10 minutes left.”

“Think I’m topping 20.”  Ethan sighed.   Tim sighed too, knowing that meant Ethan was in for a rough day, made worse by the pain of sneezing.  

“You’re at 18, so unless the allergy gods take pity on you, yeah.”

“Let’s hope for 20.”

“Calling it at 23.”

“You hate me.”

“I’m realistic.  You’re not.”

“Optimistic.” Ethan managed before another sneeze consumed him.  AtChoo!”

“19.”

“I know.”

“You want me to get tissues?”

Ethan shook his head, looking at the crumpled napkins next to him.   “Nah, I’m almost done.”  He wiped his nose on a fresh napkin.  “Just glad you put up with this.”

Tim looked confused.

“All this sneezing.   I mean, mostly through breakfast, but in general, too.”

Tim shrugged.  “You can’t help it.  Aside from when it’s steady like this, I barely notice it anymore.”

HatShoo!”  

“There’s 20.  Still got 6 minutes.”

“Not hitting 23.”

“You might…22 then.”  He amended at Ethan’s glare. “It’s also fun to give you shit about this in the morning.”

“I know.”  Ethan continued to glare.   “I hate it.”

“I know.”  Tim leaned in, then pulled back.   “You’re not gonna let me kiss you yet, are you?”

“Not until after the second dose of antibiotic.”  Ethan blew his nose, then immediately sneezed.  HahShoo!  Don’t.” He said as Tim opened his mouth.

“Bless you,” Tim said instead.  

“Think I’m done.”  Ethan sniffled, reaching for a napkin.  

A nod from Tim.   Ethan was usually right about that.   He waited for Ethan to blow his nose.   “Back to bed with you.”  He ordered gently.   

Ethan nodded, standing up.   “You coming with me?”  Puppy dog eyes to Tim.

“Gotta leave in about an hour.  If I lay down, I’ll fall back to sleep and miss the dentist.”

Ethan worked to intensify the puppy dog eyes.

“I’ll make sure you’re settled.”  Turning to the fridge, he grabbed a couple bottles of water for Ethan, then led him down the short hallway.

Ethan crawled into bed, realizing once he was lying down, just how awful he felt.  

Tim pulled the covers over him.  “Water, tissues, you got your tablet in case you want to read?”  

Ethan pointed to the drawer he kept it in and nodded.  “Phone too.”

“Obviousleeeh…hehhCheshoo! ChuhhhShesh!…ihhtschehhh! HihhYehhtschoo!”  Tim plucked a tissue from Ethan’s box.  “I can’t answer at the dentist, but I can pick up anything you need on the way home.”

“Bless you.”  Ethan yawned, nodding.  “I hope the Zyrtec kicks in soon.”

Sniffling, “it’ll get better.   I don’t know why I’m so sensitive to it this past week.”

Ethan shrugged.  “Maybe you have other allergies.”

Tim shook his head vehemently.  “Outgrew those.”

Ethan’s throat was too raw for this discussion.   He looked at his watch.  “You gotta go.”

Tim nodded.  “Love you.”

“Love you…HahChoo!”

“Bless you.”  Tim blew Ethan a kiss before leaving the room, wincing at the sound of the painful cough that followed the sneeze.  Grabbing his shoes, he headed for the dentist, hoping his own sneezing wouldn’t get in the way.    

Loved this 🥰. I do hope you'll continue the story...maybe what Ethan does while home alone or Tim after the dentist. Either way it makes my day when I see more stories from you 🤗

Awww, I've missed these guys! Welcome back, I'm glad your exams went well ^_^

And I am totally obsessed with the double from Ethan ❤️

• 5 months later...

So, I thought this was done, but apparently it wasn’t.   Taking a break from drabbles to bring you part 3.

Tim made it home from the dentist a few hours later.   The first stop he made was the bedroom to check on Ethan.   “Hey, sleeping beauty.”  He rapped lightly on the door frame.  

Ethan lifted his head up off the pillow, smiling.  “Hi,” he mouthed.

“Your fever’s back.”  Tim noted Ethan’s flushed cheeks.

Ethan shrugged.  “100.5.”  He croaked, then turned to the side.   HatShoo!”

“Bless you.   And the sneezing?”

“Quit for the hour I fell asleep.”  Tim sat down on the other side of the bed.  “How are you?  How was the dentist?”

“It was about as fun as you might expect.    And numb and drooly.”

“And your sneezing?”

Tim shrugged.  “A couple times.   My eyes itch worse though.”  He kicked his feet up on the bed and flopped on his pillow.      “Probably should have asked if you needed anything before I laid down.”

“I’m fine.   Water, tissues, cough drops.  What else could I need?”

“Me?” Tim grinned.  “You’re still not gonna cuddle though, are you?”

“Bedtime.” Ethan promised, turning into his shoulder again.  AhChoo!”

“Bless you.   I’m just gonna try to see if a nap gets my eyes to feel better.”

“Get a washcloth to put over them.”  Ethan directed, hoarsely.

Tim nodded, standing up again.    He started for the bathroom, then stopped.   EhhRahhSchoo! RaSchoo!  Ugh.  Hate sneezing when I’m numb.”

“Bless you.  You sure you’re ok?”

“In general or just regarding my sudden case of sneezes?”

“The sneezes.” Ethan sighed, offering a tissue.   

“I’m telling you, it’s dust.  Trust me, if it was a cold you’d know.   If it was any other kind of sick, I’d be sneezing more than this.  Something’s just in the air is all.”

He resumed his quest to the bathroom, returning with the damp cloth and another box of tissues.   “Can’t use all yours.” He teased, opening the box and blowing his nose.

Ethan was relieved to hear Tim didn’t sound congested, like with a cold.   Just a sniffly blow.  HahShoo!”

“When was the last time you took something?”

“Not time yet for cold medicine.”

“I feel like drugging you up.   You look like you’re in so much pain when you sneeze.”

“Slight improvement from last night.”

“Still.  I want to pour the Benadryl down your throat to give you a break.”  He paused as Ethan opened his mouth, presumably to protest.   “I know, I know, you only like to take it at night.”

“Actually, I…”

He paused as he saw Tim reach for a tissue.  HeyySchoo, AyyYehhScheshh!”

“Bless you.   I was going to say, it doesn’t sound like a bad idea.”

“Want me to get it?”

“Nah.   I gotta get more water anyway.”

Tim slipped the washcloth over his eyes, waiting for Ethan to come lie next to him.    

Ethan returned, set his water on his nightstand.   “Thanks for the nudge into the Benadryl.   You want some?”  He held up the bottle of pills.

“Numb.   Can’t drink anything. Well, I can, but it’s going to spill out the corner of my mouth.”  Tim reminded.   “But maybe in a few hours when that wears off.”

Ethan nodded, pulling the blankets over him.    AhtShoo!”

“Hope that Benadryl kicks in quick.”

“Yeah.   I really hope I don’t give you this.”

“Yeah.”

“I mean, as bad as my sneezes hurt, imagine how yours would feel.”

Tim pulled his pillow out from under his head and whacked Ethan in the chest with it.   “Good thing we’re not gonna find out.”

Oh, boys! *shakes head in amusement…I mean sympathy*

Edited by MyOwnPrivateSFC
Did I forget how to do the HTML?