Sneeze Fetish Forum

TV shows you like

Heathcliff

Inspired by the other topic on overrated TV shows - how about, what are some of your favourite TV shows? Something great you have seen recently, or an old favourite?

Here's a few of mine. I've gone for drama but please post about comedy and other things as well:

Happy Valley - I immediately thought of this because series 3 has just finished in the UK, in one of those big TV "events". It's absolutely a hard drama to watch, with plot elements of violence and rape, and the terrible after-effects they cause. So I understand if this is not to everyone's taste... but it is not in any way gratuitous, and it's held together by an amazing central performance by Sarah Lancashire as a tough-as-nails policewoman.

His Dark Materials - Another one that has just finished, the BBC did an amazing adaptation of Philip Pullman's fantasy book series. It has talking animals, angels and lots of crazy stuff going on. It's probably easier to follow if you've read the books first though.

A Touch of Frost - This is an old police detective show that went on for years. If you don't like detective drama like I do, you might not like it so much. For me it's David Jason as the scruffy Inspector Frost that really makes it worth watching.

Twin Peaks - I think I've bored people senseless about this in the past, but I love Twin Peaks for all its flaws. It was originally broadcast in the 90s, so I first saw it on DVD. But it's well worth seeking out.

I just finished binging New Girl last week. I started in November and I just loved it so much šŸ„° Definitely one of my favorite shows ever.

I'd marry Nick, but Schmidt was the best character. And god, the cameos. I mean, they had Taylor Swift AND Prince!!!Ā 

I'm a big sci-fi fanatic, so I like all the Star Trek series, anything sci-fi from the 90s onward is in my roster of favourites.

Scrubs was such a freaking classic.Ā  I enjoy unique, well written, character driven sitcoms, and that one was pure quality.Ā  I recently (like late 2021 or early 2022 I think?) got into Brooklyn Nine Nine and I love it for the same reason that I loved Scrubs, good characters, good writing, and not afraid to get serious when the subject matter required it.Ā  Also the excellent gay and bi representation is top notch!

I feel like it's kind of harder to get into newer shows because there's the danger that the plug will get pulled on any show while it's still building momentum, and I just hate that.Ā  Inside Job did this to me.Ā  I got really into it, and then Netflix broke my heart.Ā 

And, just in case anyone hadn't noticed, since I keep it so low key, I am a fanatic for Solar Opposites right now.

10 hours ago, SleepingPhlox said:

I feel like it's kind of harder to get into newer shows because there's the danger that the plug will get pulled on any show while it's still building momentum, and I just hate that.Ā  Inside Job did this to me.Ā  I got really into it, and then Netflix broke my heart.Ā 

Omg I hate that Netflix canceled some of my favorite shows without any closure. But yeah, you pretty much described why I tread carefully with new shows.

Rupauls Drag Race is my current and all time favourite show hands down. Nothing will ever top my enjoyment of watching drag queens shake their ass on television.Ā 

I also love Grey's Anatomy and Merlin, both true classics that I enjoyed when I was younger.

The last TV show I watched was a few months ago, which was Only Murders in The Building with Selena Gomez, a truly fantastic show.

i am definitely, most likely, the odd person out here, and don't really consume much media on a day to day basis. I find it incredibly difficult to get into new shows and for it to hold my attention past ten minutes. I really don't know what I do with my time, or where it goes honestly.Ā Ā 

Well, anyway, maybe I'll check out some of the favs here! Probably can make it through ten minutes at leastĀ šŸ¤£

Edited by Melody
4 hours ago, Melody said:

The last TV show I watched was a few months ago, which was Only Murders in The Building with Selena Gomez, a truly fantastic show.

Oh cool, I was wondering if this was any good? Given that I'm someone always open to watching some detective-mystery type stuff, whether dramatic or serious.

I'm always an old man behind the times, and used to just watch the freely available shows in the UK. But now thanks to my brother giving me the login to one of his streaming services I've suddenly got a much wider range of movies and TV to choose from if I want.

I think my two favorite TV shows are The Wire and Psych. Both are cop shows that are so unlike the schlock that the main networks regularly put out. The Wire for its gritty realism and Psych for itā€™s fantastical premise and the comedy that comes with it.

On 2/14/2023 at 6:29 AM, SleepingPhlox said:

Ā 

Ā 

That's pretty much the story with every TV show I've ever really liked. I'm the kiss of death for a TV show.:evil:

• 4 weeks later...

I just got Disney plus and I've been rewatching a lot of my old favorites from when I was young. This probably seems kinda silly but I'm really into Darkwing Duck right now, I've been bingewatching it for a while.

Have seen that it's popular on here, but Succession is amazing. Season 4 comes out in a few weeks.Ā 

Also Severance, really cool psychological thriller.Ā 

Better Call Saul is one Iā€™m currently rewatching (it ended last summer). Would highly recommend if youā€™ve seen Breaking Bad. Itā€™s a little more of a slow burn, but the payoffs are incredible, and the dialog and writing are some of the best Iā€™ve ever seen.

I still really like Grey's Anatomy. There's also Friends, Magnolia Table (a cooking show), Guy's Grocery Games, Mental Samurai.

Nothing terribly exciting or serial.

On 3/23/2023 at 10:34 PM, Just Older said:

I still really like Grey's Anatomy. There's also Friends, Magnolia Table (a cooking show), Guy's Grocery Games, Mental Samurai.

Nothing terribly exciting or serial.

I've just discovered Grey's Anatomy is on Disney+ and I've got about 5 years of catching up to do !

8 hours ago, Mr_G said:

I've just discovered Grey's Anatomy is on Disney+ and I've got about 5 years of catching up to do !

Get ready for a wild ride!!

Okay. I just finished The Boys and. Wow, it's one of the best shows I have seen in years. A perfect blend of dumb fun and thoughtful satire. I practically binged all 3 seasons. Would highly recommend.

On 4/3/2023 at 2:36 AM, RosieB said:

Okay. I just finished The Boys and. Wow, it's one of the best shows I have seen in years. A perfect blend of dumb fun and thoughtful satire. I practically binged all 3 seasons. Would highly recommend.

I love The Boys! Completely agree.Ā 

Don't watch a lot of shows but the last one I remember binging was Lucifer. Good show. Never really got into the 4th season before I stopped using Netflix

I also just started watching the man in the high castle. That is pretty good as well.

• 3 weeks later...

Any fans of True Blood? I was never really into teenage vampire dramas, but this one is probably my favourite TV series ever. It's so much more than a light VS dark, good VS evil love story. But it got overshadowed by Twilight or Vampire Diaries, which came out pretty much the same period, although imo it has nothing to do with them. Being produced by Alan Ball (Six Feet Under, another favourite one) must have something to do with it..

• 2 weeks later...

Iā€™m a kid at heart, so my current favourite show right now is ā€œSpongeBob SquarePantsā€ lol

• 1 month later...

One of my favorites is Peaky Blinders and anything with Ben Whishaw. I also love Shameless US because I adore Gallavich!Ā