Sneeze Fetish Forum

Has anyone asked you why you don’t sneeze?

lillian

For those of us who have a mental block, has anyone ever asked you why you “don’t sneeze?” What do you say? 

I can now, after several years, sneeze around my partner, but I’m naturally infrequent and he’s well aware of the fetish so it’s nothing particularly special. 

I’ve had one or two odd moments where I actually lost control in front of friends and they noticed, “hey, I’ve never seen you sneeze before!” I’ve either said “oh I’m sure you have” or “no, I actually can’t sneeze lol”

so has this happened to you? What do you say? Or are you able to just sneeze no matter what? How do you do that?!?!

Oh, good question! I'm one of the people that doesn't sneeze in front of others, so I can see being asked this.

I'm quite surprised that I've never been asked. Anyone I'm around frequently has to have noticed by now. They've all sneezed in front of me plenty of times. I've never sneezed in front of any of them.

I honestly don't know how I'll answer if I ever get asked. I don't have a pre planned answer. I think I'd be more concerned about looking nervous and embarrassed, after being asked that, lol

I don't really have a full mental block anymore but still don't sneeze around family or friends. My family has commented on it before and I'm always something along the lines of, "ya I don't know! Beats me." 

My mental block has really only slipped like 2-3 times in my entire life lol. 

One time, a few years ago, I lost control and sneezed in front of one of my close friends who knows about the fetish. I didn't mean to do it and I thought she wouldn't notice because we were in a class at the time and there was lots of other background noise. But she fully stops what she's doing and looks at me and is like, "omg, wait did you just sneeze? Aw, bless you!!"

It was super sweet but also very uncomfortable. But, I am a master of concealing my true feelings so I just laughed and said. "Yeah. Thanks!! :))" 

Now I'm interested in what people say if there are ever slip ups to your mental block??? lol. 🤣

But in general, I hate when people say something to me about it. I find that the people who say something to me about it are people who've known me for years and years of my life like close friends and family. And I guess over time it is odd to be friends with someone for like 12 years and never see them sneeze once. So, I get peoples curiosity about it.

Like are you a human or are you a human? Ya know? 🤣

Edited by Melody

Nobody has ever asked me that question, specifically, but as a very private person who is an absolute expert in deflecting things I don't want to talk about or answer, my advice is this: turn it back on them with a little bit of humour.

For example: "That's a really weird thing to notice, dude.", "You're...keeping track?  Uhhh, why?"

OR brush it off with a flippant comment.

For example: "Yeah, I don't have that software installed yet.  Next upgrade, probably."

I was asked once. Only once, though. Old friend asked me, I completely blanked out, she hasn't asked ever again, nor has anyone else. I'm afraid. 

One friend asked me once when we were like 16 or something. She was someone who sneezed A LOT every day, and I never sneezed around others. My brain blanked out, but thankfully my mouth didn't, so I responded in our usual banter-tone; "yeah well, not everyone sneezes a million times a day, unlike some people", or something to that effect, and she laughed and I switched subject (while quietly promising my freelancing mouth that it'd get sugar later. :lol:)

No one's ever asked me that. If I had to guess the reason, it's not something people other than us would really take notice of most of the time, unless sneezing was the topic of conversation for whatever reason.

I don’t think anyone has asked me yet but I feel like I’ll just say something the lines of “I don’t know, I kind of have this mental block when I’m in public because I don’t like drawing attention to myself.” 

It’s 100% true and totally believable because I’m a bit quiet and awkward. 

Even when I hated sneezing around others, I was never that good at holdbacks - my sneezed were too strong - the best I could do was stifle. So I guess people still saw me sneeze sometimes, especially if I was sick

• 6 months later...
On 2/21/2023 at 10:04 PM, SleepingPhlox said:

Nobody has ever asked me that question, specifically, but as a very private person who is an absolute expert in deflecting things I don't want to talk about or answer, my advice is this: turn it back on them with a little bit of humour.

For example: "That's a really weird thing to notice, dude.", "You're...keeping track?  Uhhh, why?"

OR brush it off with a flippant comment.

For example: "Yeah, I don't have that software installed yet.  Next upgrade, probably."

GENIUS ISTG

• 3 months later...

not that but i do remember getting the “yoy know? i’ve never heard you sneeze before” after i sneeze in front of someone after a while of not being comfortable enough to 😂

• 2 weeks later...

Nobody has ever asked but... In 2012, I had an autoimmune illness and sneezing didn't seem to get triggered by my brain for several months. Now that I'm sneezing again, it's a good feeling; really.

That’s seriously my worst nightmare. I can’t remember ever sneezing in front of people. At this point it’s not that I wouldn’t be ok with it, it’s that I don’t want the inevitable “wait a second, I’ve literally never seen you sneeze before!”

I don't think that's ever happened to me before! I did know someone who sneezed in front of me and then she asked me if I've ever seen her sneeze before, and I was panicking 😂 I did, however, have a moment a couple years ago where I really had to sneeze but my mental block kicked in and I did this weird half-sneeze thing in class. The person sitting next to me laughed a little and I was so embarrassed 😭 Back to the question, I might be forgetting some instance where it's happened, but I can't remember off the top of my head if anyone I know has been like, "I don't think I've ever heard you sneeze before." I seriously hope it never happens though.

Yes! I have sort of a selective mental block where I'm totally fine sneezing in public or around friends, but absolutely not around family. Once I let one slip a few years ago and my dad remarked, "I never hear you sneeze!" Needless to say I was totally mortified, haven't let one out in front of them since then.

No, no one had. I don't think people really pay attention to such things in general? I meam if you are visibly struggling to hold back a sneeze and this happens more than once and nothing in the situation explains why you are doing it, maybe then. But I don't think sneezing is something most people pay enough attention to to note that someone never sneezes and if they do, I'm sure they are likely to assume maybe you've just never had to sneeze while in their presence.

• 2 weeks later...

This is literally one of my worst fears 😂 thankfully it hasn’t happened yet 

Yes unfortunately. I don’t like sneezing in public lol. I’m just a shy guy when it comes to sneezes. Ironic since I have this fetish. My sister recently asked me why I don’t sneeze and I always get too embarrassed to answer. In my head I’m just like yeahhhhh I’d rather watch others on the sidelines 😭