Sneeze Fetish Forum

Wolfwings22

I’m back with another Top Gun story with sick Maverick, as that has been one of the things that I’ve been most enjoying writing recently. This is mostly fluff with some Iceman/Maverick. I hope you all enjoy!

Ice has always been the one to fall victim to fits of sneezes that leave him frustrated and embarrassed. Maverick is always there to help him through it, soothing his nerves and calming him down when it happens. So, when Maverick expectantly has a very sneezy cold, Ice decided to return the favor.

Maverick coughed harshly, a mug of steaming coffee wrapped tightly in his hands as he lifted it toward his chin, allowing the steam to warm the chill that had taken over his entire body. No amount of shivering did anything to help, and Maverick was forced to use alternative methods to provide himself with warmth. 

The mug was brought closer to his face and Maverick started to inhale the steam. It did little to help with the congestion as his nose was hopelessly clogged, though he could imagine just how sweet the coffee was. Coffee was certainly something that he consumed on the regular, and not being able to smell that alluring scent was frustrating to say the least.

He took a few tentative sips only to wretch his head to the side as a furious itch burned from his inner ears, all the way through his sinus cavity. He rubbed the back of his hand against his nose as he suddenly pitched to the side, eyes forced shut and breath reaching a delicate crescendo, gasping on the edge of a breathy exhale. 

“Hih’Tsch’Shoo! HrcHs’Shoo! Hrchs’Shoo!” Hruh’ShShoo!” 

Maverick was bent at the waist, grimacing in disgust as he reached out a hand and blindly began to grasp wildly around the counter until he managed to snag his fingers into a hand towel and pull it close, bringing it up to his face as he blew his nose thickly, throat aching in protest until he coughed thickly, lungs spasming as he fought to stand.

“Mav?” 

Maverick cursed in his mind as he twisted his head just enough to see out of the corner of his watery vision a taller man step out from the leftmost wall of the kitchen. His stormy grayish blue eyes gave away nothing, as impossible to read as ever. However, Maverick had known him long enough to be able to pick up the nuances of his minute changes in facial expressions.

“Oh, Mav,” the man continued as he headed over with Maverick shrinking away from the touch. 

Maverick stretched out his hand to keep the man at arms length. “Stay back, Ice,” Maverick muttered, eyes flashing. “I don’t want you to catch this.”

Ice tipped his head to the side, staying where he was but clearly itching to move closer. “Aren’t you always telling me that you don’t care about my germs when I’m sick? Why do you think that I wouldn’t return the sentiment now?”

Maverick wiped his nose back on the hand towel as he began to sway on his feet. He drew back toward the counter and leaned heavily on it, struggling to remain upright. “That’s different. I can handle it.”

“And I can’t?”

“That’s not what I said.” Maverick pinched the bridge of his nose, the building congestion making his eyes water. “I just hate to see you sick.”

“And you think that I like it when you are?” Ice took a half step forward, relieved when Maverick didn’t pull away or order him back. Sometimes one had to take things slow with Maverick, which was ironic considering Maverick’s predisposition for being the complete opposite. Only those that were close with Maverick knew how he could be, and there was no one that knew him better than Ice.

Maverick shrugged halfheartedly, finger coming to rub under his nose desperately. The last thing that he wanted to do was sneeze again, yet he could feel the pinprick feeling against the roof of his mouth, fearing what would inevitably come next.

“Mav,” Ice began as he took another step forward. “You have to let it happen.”

“Huh?”

Ice rolled his eyes and took the final step forward and took Maverick’s hands in his own and pressed them down at his sides. “You need to let it happen. Isn’t that always what you tell me when I try to stifle,” Ice questioned, head tipped to the side.

Maverick scrunched up his face. “That’s different. It’s about you not me.” 

“I don’t see why this can’t be a two way street.” Ice leaned over and planted a kiss on Maverick’s forehead, not liking the heat that he felt one bit. Maverick wasn’t prone to fevers, but when they struck, they always hit with a vengeance. There was no doubt in Ice’s mind that Maverick was hiding how shitty he felt, and it would take a true miracle to force Maverick to be open about how he felt. 

Maverick stopped talking, all concentration now focused on not sneezing. His head shook slowly, mouth beginning to gape over so slightly as a faraway look took over his vision. His chest shuddered with each hitching breath as he continued to lift his hands from Ice’s stone cold grip. He only succeeded in having Ice force them down harder before reaching his arms around Maverick’s shoulders and pulling him against his chest, hushing any protest with a kiss on the top of his head.

Maverick gave in and buried his face into Ice’s chest as he bucked forward. “Hruchs’Shoo! HrcsH’Shoo! HRcus’Shoo! Huchs’Shoo! Hurhch’Shoo!” A bubble of congestion brought on a coughing fit, the tickle dancing in the back of his throat. “Ugh, whadt the fuck?”

Ice had felt just how messy those sneezes had been, a fine mist spraying over his thin tank top. He didn’t say anything as he took the hand towel from Maverick and lifted it up to the shorter man’s face, wiping under his nose where a glob of yellow snot threatened to drip down his upper lip.  

Maverick pulled away weakly only for Ice to grasp him by the chin and force him to face forward, tentatively wiping Maverick’s nose dry before enclosing the towel around the lower half of his face. 

“Blow.”  

Maverick fought it momentarily before giving in once he was certain that Ice’s stubbornness would override his in the situation. Plus, it was uncomfortable enough being sick without worrying that his nose would start dripping at anytime. 

He was forced to blow his nose a couple times before he was able to breathe through it. There was no doubt in his mind that it wouldn’t last long as he would be forced to blow his nose as soon as the congestion settled once more, but he would revel in the feeling of being free of it for as long as it lasted. 

“Bless you,” Ice whispered belated, lips barely brushing the stubble on his jaw.

Maverick turned away. “I’m gross.”

“You’re nothing of the sort. Isn’t that what you always tell me?”

“It’s different.”

It was Ice’s turn to appear confused as he regarded his boyfriend. “How is it any different then when you hold me when I have my fits?”

“You have tiny itchy, kitten fits,” Maverick pointed out huskily. “I don’t.”

“So, you think that because your sneezes are louder that it bothers me?”

“It bothers me.”

“Oh, honey.” Ice reached out and pulled Maverick close so that his head was nestled back against his chest, fingers drawing over the short hair that clung to the back of his neck. Maverick shuddered against him, breath shaky. “This doesn’t bother me at all, just like you tell me that it doesn’t bother you. I don’t care if you’re messy or quiet, or anything in between, I just want to help you like you always help me.”

A thick volley of coughs sounded from Maverick. “Don’t feel good, Ice.”

“I know.” Ice sighed as he lifted his hands and began to palpate at Maverick’s face, long fingers drawing over the warm and sensitive spots on his face, from along his jaw to his cheekbones and sinuses. Maverick winced with each touch, yet allowed Ice to continue as long as possible, at least until Ice touched a particularly sore spot, but instead of it causing pain, it sent Maverick’s breath scissoring instead.  

Ice knew that look only too well, could feel it as if it pulled on his own facial muscles. He gripped the towel almost immediately as he saw Maverick looking for it desperately, helping it up to his lover’s face and holding it in place for him as he continued to pant.

“HrChs’Shoo! Hrchs’Shoo! Hrchs’Shoo! Hrchs’Shoo!” Maverick paused briefly, still gasping for breath as Ice gingerly wiped at his nose before the inevitable next fit. “Hrhcs’Shoo!” Maverick pitched so far hard into the hand towel that Ice nearly staggered backwards. “Eh...hih...” Maverick’s breath trailed desperately as he pulled his head away and shook it, trying to capture that allusive itch that he could feel toying with him.

Ice noticed his plight and lifted a hand to flick at his nose. That was just the nudge that Maverick needed to send him over the edge.

“Htucsh’Shoo! Hih’Hrh’Shoo! Hrchs’Shoo! Hrchs’SHoo!” The final sneeze seemed to tear right from the depths of his throat, leaving him whimpering in discomfort.  

“Bless you,” Ice continued as he set the now almost useless towel aside and instead tipped Maverick’s head back so he could get a better look at him. “Fuck, those sounded like they hurt. I just don’t know if you did more damage to your throat or to your nose on those ones.”

Maverick couldn’t help lifting the back of his hand and rubbing it under his nose with a vengeance, the squelch unmistakable. “Both?”

Ice pouted as he took Maverick by the wrist and pulled him forward. At first, Maverick squared his stance and dug in before a stern look from Ice forced him to move. He faintly sniffled as he allowed Ice to lead him into the living room, relieved that he hadn’t been forced into the bedroom. There was no way he could sleep unless he was actually going to bed for the night, and he couldn’t believe that Ice had remembered him saying that. 

Ice pulled him down onto the couch beside him, moving the blankets and pillows aside so that Maverick had a place to go. He slumped back into Ice’s arms as the taller man pulled Maverick against his chest as he leaned back against the armrest of the couch, shifting and spreading his legs as Maverick fell against him, a whimper leaving his lips as the fever gripped his muscles with every movement. Ice was deliberate about where he touched Maverick, careful that when he pulled him back that the pilot’s head was rested against his shoulder, keeping him steady.

“This okay,” Ice whispered against Maverick’s ear.

Maverick sniffled heavily. “You don’t have to do this. M’sure there’s a lot more that you could be doing.”

“And what do you think that would be? Because if you think that I want to do anything without you by my side, then clearly you don’t know how much I love you.” Ice’s eyes drifted closed as he leaned against his lover, arms held steady around him as Maverick coughed harshly into a raised fist. “What fun could I possibly have without my wingman by my side?”

When Maverick’s lungs gave a final heave, and his breath calmed, he pressed harder against Ice with his eyelashes fluttering. “There was a time when I swore you hated my guts.” 

“Me? Are you sure that you’re not talking about yourself?”

Maverick couldn’t help but let out a low chuckle, beyond relieved when it didn’t spiral him into another fit. His head craned back at an awkward angle, eyes fever bright as he stared back at the man that had weaseled his way into his heart. The love that he saw in his stormy gray eyes was something he had never witnessed before, resigned to the fact that he would be content to bounce between women until his attention waned and he followed another. Then Ice had crashed into his life, and everything had changed; it had changed for the better without a doubt, though it had still changed. 

While Maverick’s thoughts took him down blissful memories, he was almost unaware as soft lips brushed against his, the pressure delicate and then firm as a hand reached around his neck, thumb trailing over the five o’clock shadow he had been sporting since his illness.

Maverick opened his mouth and tipped his neck for more access. The tender skin along his neck tugged lightly as teeth enclosed around it, soft flesh worked back and forth between a greedy mouth. Maverick moaned and felt his hips buck forward before the haze of desire washed from his eyes and he broke free of the contact, Adam’s apple leaping into the hollow of his throat with a few deliberate swallows. 

“Too much,” Ice asked, a finger curled to brush against the corner of his mouth, the taste of Maverick’s skin still sweet on his tongue.

Maverick pursed his lips and shook his head, despite the lust that still grew inside him. “I don’t want to get you sick.”

“Mav, we’ve slept together, eaten together, been together for the past how many days. If I’m going to catch it, I will, and there’s not much we can do about it now.” Ice’s fingers trailed up Maverick’s bare arms, until they danced over his shoulder, pointer finger brought under Maverick’s chin to tip his head upwards. “I say we have fun while we can.” 

Maverick was about to respond only to suddenly duck forward back against Ice’s chest. Ice was nearly unprepared for the force of which Maverick slammed against him, second only to the pained sounds coming from Maverick’s hunched over form. 

“Hrhcs’Shoo! Hish’Shoo! Hrchs’Shoo! Hrchs’Shoo!” Maverick blinked watery eyes, the itch just out of reach when he tried to breathe. “Hrsh’Shoo! Hurhc’Shoo! HicsH’Shoo! Hrcsh’Shoo!”

“Jesus, Mav, bless you.” Ice leaned over to kiss Maverick on top of his head, Maverick’s breath sporadic against him. He could feel dampness on his shirt, but he couldn’t bring himself to care. Maverick had done this for him more times than he could count, and being able to return the favor was more than he could’ve asked for. 

Maverick’s head shook against him. Not done. Far from done actually.

A pained whisper tore from Maverick’s throat as he reached his arms to grasp Ice by the shoulders to hold him steady. “HRhc’Shoo! Hrch’Shoo! Hrchs’Shoo! Hish’Shoo! Hisch’Shoo! Hrcsh’Shoo!” Maverick finally was able to feel the need to sneeze leave his body, though the aftermath had left his throat raw and his nose running more than he thought possible. Part of him couldn’t believe what he had just did, and he was sure that if he didn’t have a fever, he would be way more embarrassed than he was.

Still, Ice gave him another light kiss on the crown of his head while he reached behind him with the other. Two fingers snagged the edge of a tissue box that they kept in the living room for situations such as this. He managed to swing it onto his lap and pull out a couple sheets, arm twisting as he tried to come up with the exact place that he could try to gain access.

“Mav?”

Maverick shook his head. 

Ice’s heart swelled at the man in his lap. He knew exactly what Maverick was feeling and thought back to all the things that Maverick told him when something like this had happened to him.

“Mav, I just want to help. I can’t if you don’t let me in.”

“Id’s still gross.”

“It’s not. You tell me this all the time. Why don’t you trust me on this?”

Although still resilient as ever—it was Maverick after all—he stayed buried in Ice’s chest, unwilling to detach. Ice couldn’t blame him, as he had done the same when he was sick, quite often actually. However, it only took a few light kisses to Maverick’s forehead to finally steer him into looking upwards, the result of his fit clear for him to see.

Ice didn’t comment as he easily cleaned up Maverick’s face for him, careful not to aggravate his already reddened nostrils. The abuse that he had put them through was obvious, though Ice didn’t comment on it as he gave one final swipe with the tissues before leaning over and kissing Maverick so softly on the lips that the other pilot hardly registered that Ice was in front of him.

Despite what just occurred, Maverick’s shaky hands snaked upwards and grasped either side of Ice’s jaw firmly and brought him close, lips barely parted as he leaned into the kiss. It wasn’t his usual speed, fast and passionate, but he resigned himself to the fact that he probably couldn’t handle more, and the fact that Ice was willingly still wanting to kiss him was enough for him to melt into whatever affection he could get.

“I love you,” Maverick panted when they finally pulled apart, chin rested in the curve of Ice’s neck, chest shuddering as he fought the impending need to cough.

Ice’s head shifted so that his cheek was touching Maverick’s head, the short hairs tickling his skin. “I love you too, more than you will ever know.”

Despite how utterly horrible Maverick was feeling, half from embarrassment and half from his actual illness, he found himself calming instantly in Ice’s presence. 

Together they could fight the world, and Maverick was certain that they would win.

The End

• 1 year later...

ooh this was so lovely. I love how sweet they are to each other!