Sneeze Fetish Forum

Epilogue (Jane the Virgin, M)

jai_is_bae?

I interrupt my hiatus to bring two stories, this one and a Superstore fanfic. Both are currently WIP so updates may or may not be spread out. 

This one is “the epilogue that was never released”. It’s in the middle of Season 5 somewhere so there are an astronomical amount of spoilers if you haven’t watched. Enjoy!

To say Rafael had been busy was an understatement. He had just gotten his life back on track and he was trying to keep it that way. So there was no room for obstacles. Rafael was sat in his apartment, doing who knows what and Jane was packing up Mateo's things.

Rafael pinched his nose, "Hih!"

"Bless you," Jane said.

"I d-didn't snee-hhh-sneeze. Hih'chh'shh!"

"Now you did."

"Look I've had a bad day, I'd appreciate it if you didn't pester me right now."

"Ok," Jane frowned and put her hands up in surrender.

She turned and walked to the other side of the room.

"Daddy look what I built," Mateo exclaimed, running into the room.

"Not now Mateo."

"Oh come on," he pulled on Rafael's arm.

"I said not now Muhh-t-teohh. Hih-hih'chh! Hih'chh'shuh! Hihh...HIH'CHH'hh!"

"Bless you," Jane said again.

Rafael just sniffled.

"You could've just looked at what Mateo built," Jane said to Rafael and then turned to Mateo, "I'll come see Mr. Sweetface."

She let Mateo pull her into the other room. It was a small fort and Jane had no choice but to tell him how amazing it looked.

"Mr. Sweetface, it's so amazing," yeah she could have used a better word.

"Thanks mommy."

Jane heard Petra and the girls' voices.

"Alright time for dinner."

"I'm not hungry," Mateo said with a little anger.

"Why?"

"Because daddy didn't eat so I don't have to either."

"Daddy didn't eat?"

"He said he wasn't hungry," Mateo's tone eased up.

"Ok well Daddy will eat right now and so will you."

She gently pushed Mateo's head, signaling him to go in the other room. He ran and Jane followed.

"Ew Mateo," Anna teased.

"Anna behave," Petra scolded and then to the rest asked, "Shall we?"

Everyone sat down and Rafael dished everyone a plate besides himself.

"You're not eating," Jane asked.

"I'm not hungry."

"Me neither," Mateo fussed.

Jane started to feel herself get upset but calmly said, "Daddy is going to eat and so are you Mateo."

Rafael gave Jane a look but Jane's look in response was harsher so he defeatedly made himself a plate before sitting back down.

"So how is Mateo doing in school," Petra asked.

Less than pleasant flashbacks went through her head and she took a bite and replied, "Good. Just a few minor setbacks."

"That's good, he seems to really be improving."

"Yea thankfully it seems so."

Jane couldn't help but look at Mateo to see if he was eating, which he was not. So she followed Mateo's eyes to Rafael who was also not eating.

"Please eat Raf, Mateo's not going to eat if you don't," Jane tried to whisper.

Rafael visibly looked angered, but took a bite. He smiled at Mateo and Mateo took a bite of his food. Then Rafael audibly gasped and brought his arm up, his face slightly contorting and his eyes half closing.

"Hih'chh!"

"Bless you," everybody said.

Another audible gasp and then a slightly more desperate, "Hih'chh'hh!"

"Bless y-"

A quick, desperate gasp and then, "HIH'CHH'SHUH!"

"Bless you."

He could feel his nose start to run so he quickly got up, muttering, "Excuse me."

"Is he okay," Petra asked.

"I don't know, he seems off today."

"Maybe he's feeling under the weather, he hasn't ate much."

"Ew germs," Ellie whined disgustedly.

"Ellie," Petra scolded before turning back to Jane and adding, "Maybe it's just stress."

When Rafael came back, his nose had a red tinge to it.

"Oh," Jane couldn't stop herself from expressing her empathy.

"What," Rafael snapped, bringing Jane back.

"N-Nothing," she said softly, trying to leave it alone.

"I'm fine," Rafael said, feeling just about every pair of eyes on him.

His body said otherwise. Throughout the dinner, Jane observed every slight discomfort that hit Rafael and she'd made note that throughout the whole dinner he had taken maybe four bites of food. Part of her told her to leave it, but her desire to poke at it won.

"Raf you barely ate, is everything ok?"

"Of course you care now, because you don't have Michael. Michael chose Montana and now you feel like you need to care about me. I don't need it Jane."

Jane nodded as she felt tears well up in her eyes. She bit her lips again and sat for a second, feeling like her heart had been ripped to pieces. She felt helpless against him until she realized she wasn't really helpless. She didn't need to take this berating, didn't need to sit here with him in his apartment.

She turned to Mateo as she got up from the table, and said, "Come on Mateo."

"Jane you don't have to go," Petra tried, not wanting them to get into a prolonged fight.

"No it's quite obvious he doesn't need me and I don't need this. I have Mateo tomorrow so he's coming with me."

"I don't want to," Mateo cried.

"Mateo you're coming."

"No I'm not."

"Raf," Jane looked at him for assistance.

He had to help, regardless of anything else they were coparents and they had to agree that Mateo was supposed to come home with her. But alas, he didn't say anything.

"Raf. Rafael!"

"If he wants to stay he can stay."

She bit her lip in anger, grabbed her stuff and walked out, slamming the door behind her. She walked quickly to her car and took deep breaths before turning her car on and heading home, rethinking the whole coparenting thing. He wasn't supposed to be selfish, he knew the right thing was to make Mateo come with her. If he wouldn't play fair, then she would just have to get the lawyers involved.

She didn't get much sleep that night. Also not getting sleep? Rafael. He had just fell asleep when he woke back up coughing and whenever he would fall back asleep, he would wake up coughing again. The one time he stayed asleep, he only got a couple hours in.

"Daddy," he heard Mateo scream.

He opened his eyes to see Mateo smiling and getting up onto his bed. He got closer until he was inches away from his face, going in for a hug. He couldn't risk getting Mateo sick.

"Mateo, no."

Mateo backed up and looked sadly.

"I-," he searched for something to tell his son.

"I don't want a hug right now," was all his hazy brain could think to say.

Not good.

"You don't want a hug? Mommy likes my hugs."

"I do too, I just woke up."

"Mommy lets me hug her anytime, I want Mommy."

Rafael could see tears well in his eyes.

"Cuhh-come on M-Mateo. I'm sorr-hehhh'hh. Hih'chh'uh! Eshh'shh'hh! HISH'ehh!"

His head swam. Mateo burst into tears.

"Mateo I'm sorry."

Mateo started screaming for Jane, like she could hear him. Miraculously she walked through the doors. Mateo ran to her and hugged her. Jane, albeit surprised, hugged him back. Rafael sighed in defeat.

"Mommy, Daddy wouldn't let me hug him."

"Why," she asked, looking up at Rafael.

"I didn't want a hug."

"Oh you didn't want a hug?"

"No I didn't."

"And you said I have a problem with caring."

"You suddenly crawled back to me, caring about me. If Michael was still here you would've just ignored me!"

"Mommy, Daddy please stop fighting."

"You're an asshole!"

"Well maybe if you didn't string me along so much, I wouldn't be."

He started coughing.

"Mommy, Daddy please."

"Well maybe you should let me figure things out for myself sometimes!"

"Sure. Have all the time in the world!"

He coughed harder. When he stopped, his throat hurt. It felt as though he had scrapped and every swallow was like nails. He suddenly felt hot.

Jane was still angry, but her motherly instincts overpowered her anger.

"Raf, take it easy," she said going over to him.

He stepped back from her.

"I just want to make sure you're ok."

"I'm fine. Please just go."

Jane bit her lip and grabbed Mateo's hand before leaving.

TBC….

• 4 weeks later...

I’m not sure if anyone is reading/wants more but here’s another part :)

Rafael should've known to take a break and get some rest, but of course he was on his phone all day. He talked until his voice almost gave out. He was on his computer all day, until he almost fell asleep at the desk. He was on his last box of tissues by the time he had crawled into bed.

As soon as he got there, however, the congestion reared it's ugly head. He found himself sniffling, blowing his nose, coughing, and sneezing almost all night. The sun began to rise and the reality that he hadn't even slept a wink hit him.

He rose up and immediately his head swam and his nose started to run. How could such appendage be completely blocked but so runny? He gave a desperate sniff, but it gave him no relief. It only made his nose tickle and he found himself digging for that last tissue.

"Ish'sh! Ish'sh! Heh'ish'hh! Heh'ksh'shih! Hh...HEH'ESHEH!"

Gross. His doorbell rang and he wiped his nose, threw the tissue away and then got up to answer. He quickly patted down his hair, cleared his throat, and gave one last sniff before he opened the door.

"Rafael you look like shit," Petra said, moving past him.

"I'm fine."

"Did you sleep?"

"No hence my appearance."

Good one Raf.

"JR doesn't think I love her."

Really Petra, this is why you came over?

"Why?"

"I don't know! She doesn't think I can love her. She said something about me not having room in my life for her."

"Petra she wants attention."

"That's it?"

"Yes. She doesn't feel like she's getting enough of your time. Give her some."

He could feel his symptoms rushing to catch back up with him and he forced a cough into a laugh, "Go now."

She smiled and left. That was close, he almost couldn't pull himself together. He stumbled back to his bed. Secretly he wished that had been Jane at the door. With all the sleep he lost last night, he just wanted Jane. His body did not seem to have any sympathy. His nose started to tickle again. No tissues.

"Ish! Ish! Ish! Ish! Ish! Ish'heh! Heh'ish'heh! HEH'ISH'uh!"

They seemed to fly out of him and take the last of his energy with them. He wasn't hungry so there was no way he could get that energy back. He just laid there in his own misery, sniffling, coughing, sneezing, trying to sleep. He didn't get any sleep.

His doorbell rung again that evening. He almost cried and as he got up it was as if his body was screaming. He didn't bother to fix his appearance. At this point he was cold and he was pretty sure he was sweating. He wrapped his arms around himself before stumbling to the door and opening it as he choked back a cough.

"Raf," it was Petra again, "You look like you were hit by a nakladak."

"A whadt?"

"A truck. Come sit."

He listened, walking almost zombified to his couch and sitting, arms still around each other. A harsh shiver ran through him and he wrapped his arms tighter. Petra stood above him and, without thought or warning, placed her hand flat against his forehead.

"You have a fever."

He kept one arm around himself and brought the  other arm up, feeling the need to sneeze, "Ish! Ish! Ish! Ish! Ish! Heh...heh'ish'hh! Hh..ish'hh!"

He felt like he had lost his breath, but he knew he wasn't done.

"Bless you."

The last one taunted him, drawing in his breath until it built up enough for him to let out a depleting, "HIH'ISH'EH!"

It rocked him forward and he looked so exhausted.

"Raf, how long have you been sick?"

"Couble days," he muttered.

"Why didn't you tell somebody?"

"I didn'd wand to tell you or Jande," he said and then cried, "Jande."

"Oh Raf."

"I jusd wand Jande. Pedra I screwed ub, I yelled ad her. She doesn'd wand mbe bud I wand her Pedra."

He was sobbing. She sat down and tried to rub his back to calm him down. It was covered in sweat. He started to cough, working himself up. She watched his nose start running, joining in his tears in staining his face.

"I'll call Jane."

"Ndo! I screwed ub! She wond wannda see mbe!"

"Ok fine I won't. But you need help."

She tried to pull his shirt off but he refused, "I wand Jande."

This was childish. She was glad she'd never seen him sick.

"Ok well when you decide to get Jane, then I'm sure she'll be happy to help you."

So she left, not even getting to talk to him about what she came for.

Rafael shivered from his own sweat. He stopped crying eventually and laid there, finally succumbing to sleep.

Jane's phone had started ringing just as she got Mateo to sleep and she quickly rushed out of his room to answer it so she didn't wake him. She slid to accept.

"Jane, Rafael needs you. He's really sick and was crying for you and I'm worried about him."

"He's sick? Thank you Petra, I'm gonna head over there right now."

She told Xiomara what happened and got the ok that she would watch Mateo. She then grabbed her keys and left for Rafael's. When she got there, she knocked on his door. No answer. She texted Petra asking what to do and Petra replied that she had left it unlocked. Jane twisted the doorknob and walked in to see Rafael asleep.

Her heart sunk. He was sleeping in a way she knew wasn't comfortable. He must've been tired in order to fall asleep like that. His red rimmed nose was running and he was snoring. She quietly walked closer, not wanting to disturb his sleeping. She slid her hand under his bangs and laid it against his forehead.

He sniffled and then looked up, "Jande."

It came out as a high pitch rasp and she knew it had to hurt.

"I'mb so sorry for acting like that I-"

"Shh," she said as she lifted his sweat-soaked shirt off.

"We have to get you in the bathtub. Ok?"

He started shivering.

"You might hate me for this but you're too warm. Stand up for me."

She put out her arms so he could use her hands to get himself up. Once he was standing, he was almost falling and Jane had to quickly catch him.

"Dizzy," he announced.

"Shh. I got you."

So she slowly walked him to the bathroom and sat him on the toilet seat.

She started the water, "It's gonna be really cold Raf, but you need it to be."

His reply was a sharp gasp, clapping his hand around his mouth and nose, and then, "Ish! Ish! Ish! Ish! Ish! Hh-hhh...Ish'choo! Heh-heh'esh'ehh! Esh'hh!"

They seemed to just tumble out of him in quick succession and Jane felt about as helpless as he did.

"Jeez Ra-"

"MSH'eh! Hhh...HIH'ESH'SHEH!"

It rocked him forward. He sat there with his hands still clasped around his face.

"Bless you," Jane said as she grabbed some toilet paper from beside him. She held it out to him.

"Thagk you," he muttered as he took the wad. He wiped his hands and underneath his nose before throwing the wad away.

Jane held out her hand and helped him up, "Alright come on."

She half helped undress the rest of him and half made sure he didn't lose his balance or almost faint again. Then she helped him into the tub. He immediately started shivering madly.

It didn't take long for his nose to start running, leaving Jane reaching for the toilet paper as she heard his sniffling start. She rolled the toilet paper into a little wad and wiped his nose for him.

"Jande that's gross."

"Well-"

"Wash your hands ndow."

"Ok ok. Stop talking."

He watched her wash her hands.

"There. Clean."

"How long do I have to be ind here?"

"How many times do I have to ask you to stop talking?"

"Well?"

"A little longer."

So she spent ten more minutes listening to the man she was in love with sniffle and watched as shivers ran through his body.

"Ok Raf, you can get out now."

So she helped him stand and dry off and then helped him to his bed.

"Where do you keep your night clothes?"

"Sambe place, the second drawer ond the left."

He started coughing. She needed to get him some medicine. He sniffled almost as if to announce the end of his fit. She looked around to find him some tissues but couldn't see any. She needed to get him tissues too. She looked back at him. He looked so tired, so miserable.

His eyes were glassy, his nose tinged red, and his lips parted like he was trying to hide the fact that he could only breath through his mouth.

"I'm going to get you some NyQuil and tissues," she announced while she went back to searching for his night clothes.

She finally found them and pulled them out before getting up.

"Cand you get mbe sombe DayQuil too? I have a house to show tomborrow."

"Raf, you can't be serious. You're sick as a dog, you're not showing a house tomorrow."

"I ndeed to," he coughed a couple of times.

"No. I'm pretty sure they can give it to someone else."

"This is mby combissiond."

"You can get your 'combissiond' from another house. When you're better."

"But-"

"No."

"Buhh buhh," his eyes started closing and he brought his arm up quickly, "Ich'uh! Hh..hih'ish'hh! Hh! ISH'hh!"

"Bless you. You can't even argue. I'll be back. Get dressed and try to sleep."

"Ndot like I'll have andy luck. I didnd't sleeb last ndight."

"That sucks but your body should be ready now."

She went to leave.

"Jande," Rafael called, "Thangk you."

"Of course," she said and then walked out to her car.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@silentdreamer789 Thanks for reading :) it’s a pretty good show that’s on Netflix if you ever feel like binging 

@Privatedancer Thank you

Heres the next part

—————————-

Her heart started glowing and she sat for a second wishing he had said those words, the three words she'd been waiting for. Nevertheless, she got herself together, Rafael needed her now. She quickly grabbed the medicine, tissues, some chest rub, a thermometer, and some some soup and headed back to Rafael's. She sat everything down on the table and then grabbed the tissues before heading for his room.

She slowly opened the door so if he was asleep she wouldn't wake him.

"I'mb still awake, you dond't have to be quiet."

He sniffled. She opened the rest of the door carelessly and walked over to his nightstand. She laid the tissues down for him and then sat at his feet.

"No sleep?"

"I dond't kndow why but I cand't. I'mb so exhausted and yet ndothing."

He sniffled again.

"Blow your nose."

"Ndo."

"Raf, I got you the tissues so you could. Now blow."

"Ndo."

She grabbed a tissue and handed it to him, "Now."

He took the tissue and slowly blew, trying not to disgust her. However as he blew, it made a gurgling sound.

"Raf it's ok. I've taken care of my mom plenty of times."

He nodded and finished. He wiped his nose and then threw it away. It didn't help clear his sinuses, but at least it lifted some of the pressure. He was now beyond exhausted and he closed his eyes. His eyes were closed maybe a minute before he quickly sat up and grabbed a tissue, bringing it to his nose.

"Ih'chh! Hih'chh! Hih'chh! Hih'chh! HIH'chh! HIH'chh! Hh..HIH'CHH!"

"Bless you."

He sniffled and wiped his nose with the tissue before throwing it away and laying back down.

"Not so fast, you need to take some NyQuil."

She poured some for him and watched him down it.

"How long have you been sick?"

"A couble of days."

"Is that why you weren't eating?"

He nodded.

"You could've just told me. Mad or not."

"I kndow, I'mb sorry."

Suddenly Rafael's phone went off and Jane looked at it.

"It's Julie. She wants to know why you haven't been texting."

"I'll andswer later."

He sniffled again, or at least tried to. A couple of seconds later he was coughing chestily into the crook of his arm.

"Oh I almost forgot, I picked up some chest rub," she said getting up and getting it.

He sniffled again, the same blocked sound being produced.

"It should help with that."

He sniffled again and groaned. That was all she needed to hear so she twisted the lid off and got some on her fingers while she walked back over to him. She lifted his shirt and rubbed the balm on his chest.

He immediately sniffled and it sounded a little better, but it produced more chesty coughs. She frowned and then reached up to run her fingers through his hair.

"Jande, cand you stay?"

"Of course."

His eyes were getting glassy again. He was probably gonna overheat again pretty soon, but he'd already taken a shower so she let it be. He scooted over, making room for Jane and she smiled. She crawled into the bed and he laid down, making sure to turn over to face away from her. She pressed her body up against his warm body.

A part of her wanted to check his temperature but she remembered telling herself to leave it. So instead she distracted herself by playing with his hair once again. She felt his body tremble and she could hear his breath start hitching. He turned and sat up and she was already doing the same. She reached for a tissue and handed it to him.

He quickly brought it up to his nose before pitching forward with a loud, "HIH'CHH'eh! HEH'ESH'ehh! Hh-hh...HEH'EH'SHH'hh! ETSH'HH!"

The last one had a rough cough-like sound it and Jane winced. It sounded like it hurt.

"Esh'hh! Esh'hh!"

And then he trailed off into ripping half cough, half sneezes. He winced as he listened to them and then wiped his nose, leaving it even more red.

"Oh Raf."

"I thingk all the times I havend't beend sigk are c-catching ub with mbe."

He gave a small smile and Jane shook her head.

"So you've never been sick," she asked.

"Ondce or twice whend I was little, but ndot ligk this," he punctuated with a weak cough.

"Lay back down, you need to try to get some sleep.

"I've beend trying."

"Well I'm here now. Lay on me."

"I dond't wannda get too close to you Jande, I dond't wandt you getting sigk."

"I'm not going to."

"How do you kndow?"

"I just do, now come here."

She held out her arms and he laid back on her. She couldn't help herself anymore and she let her hand fall to his forehead. He moaned, seemingly with pleasure. He was warm again. She started running her finger through his hair again. After a couple minutes she felt his body get heavier and heard his breathing get heavier.

She kept going and he started snoring softly. She let out a sigh of relief, happy she could get him to finally get some sleep. He was asleep for about half an hour before he woke himself up sniffling and coughing. After a couple of rounds, Jane woke with a moan.

"I'mb sorry, I cand't stob," he choked out before he fell into another coughing fit.

"I'm going to get you some water," Jane said.

She yawned and got up, walking to the kitchen as Rafael continued coughing. She could hear them get rougher all the way from the kitchen.

"Raf, you okay?!"

More coughs was the reply she got. She walked back to give him the water. He took it and sipped it and it immediately seemed to help.

"Sorry," his voice was scratchy.

Jane winced, "You sound terrible."

"Thanks."

"Sorry."

He gave a subtle smile and sniffled again. He sounded like he couldn't breath at all and he parted his lips confirming it.

"Poor Raf."

Just say those words, Jane thought. Forget about her. He was being loving and Petra had said he was begging for her.

"You okay?"

"How do you feel about Julie?"

"I dond't kndow."

"I think you should date her, she's nice. I told her you were trying to help me with an apartment and she was really understanding. She respects our relationship."

"Ok, I might give her andother try."

Jane smiled even though she felt she'd just ripped her own heart out.

Rafael yawned, "Please stay though."

Jane nodded and crawled back in his bed. She cuddled him again, wishing that she could let herself get attached. She didn't even know when she'd fallen asleep, but she opened her eyes and knew she'd been asleep for a while. It was almost 9 am now. She almost immediately realized Rafael was gone.