Sneeze Fetish Forum

Those of you who write SF stories, how did you get into it? Any tips?

jdoe99945

I’ve seen some really impressive stories on here. Not just in how fun they are to read, but how well written some of them are. For those of you who write them, how did you get into it? Did you already have a background in writing? Did you just have creative scenarios in your head and wanted a way to record them? I’ve been curious about doing it too, so if y’all have any advice, I’d love to hear it!

Honestly, I think I just... Decided I wanted to write stories one day. The only sort of writing background I had was just stuff I had to write for school, which really wasn't much. I do like to think I've always been a fairly creative person though, and I did write more than a few stories privately for myself before any of the ones I actually decided to share here. But if you're willing to put in the time and effort, that can become your background. My old stories suck. My newer ones suck too, but they suck less, and that's plenty to be proud of. To paraphrase, I didn't come out the pussy writin' Mozart.

That was so long ago I don't really remember what I was thinking about or how I felt at the time. The only part of it that does stick in my brain is how the first few times I posted any of my stories here, I was really scared of what people would think about them. It took a long time for me to actually feel confident about it. Taking that plunge for the first time was definitely the hardest part though, and while it was still difficult for a while after that, it instantly became much easier after doing it once.

From there it was really just "what kind of stories do I want to read?" I've tried taking requests and even doing paid commissions, and I feel like I'm just no good at it if my own heart's not in it. It could be as simple as "I like this kind of character" or "this scenario sounds fun," and I just go from there. I've noticed that I tend to reuse a lot of common elements that I like, but I figure that's probably what everyone does. I'm gonna write stuff that I enjoy and hope others also like it, not force myself to write stuff I don't like specifically to appeal to others.

So yeah, that's kinda it. I guess the closest thing I have to advice is just to write what you like, and odds are there's at least someone else out there who will too.

Oh, and don't plagiarize, but absolutely steal ideas and little stylings from authors you like. As long as you're not literally copying and pasting someone else's work, you'll figure out how to make it your own.

I second what Blah wrote, write what sounds interesting to you. I always hated Literature/English/writing classes in school; it would take me forever to write things. But then I found stories like this and the passion has driven me to love writing, at least his kind. The longest document I've ever wrote is for a site like this lmao. Sure there's a lot to learn, but it just comes with time. You can ask for constructive criticism if you want, I'm sure most people on this forum would be amicable in replying. And I'd love to have even more stories on this site to read! I'll be looking forward to your first one!

1 hour ago, Blah!? said:

I didn't come out the pussy writin' Mozart.

Also haha, another fan of Arin Hanson?

I'm gonna third what Blah said. Writing something that you enjoy and want to see written is by far the most important part, and if you like it, there's a good chance someone else out there will too. Also, if you like it, you'll be more likely to write something you're proud of. I haven't posted many stories personally, and I also don't have a background in writing outside of school. That said, if it's quality of writing you're interested in (and, again, I say this as a mediocre writer at best), then there are two things I can recommend. The first, ironically, is reading. Reading is the best way to get a grasp of what good writing is--but only if you're reading, like, actually published material (even then, your mileage may vary). Second would be editing. No first draft is perfect; no second or seventeenth draft is perfect. The more you go back and edit something, the better it will be in the end, though, of course, you'll have to finish it eventually. I would recommend making edits at least once after everything is written. Anyway, hope you feel inspired to try and share one day!

I've written stories since I was like... maybe around nine? maybe longer, depending on what you count. To me, it was only natural to also start writing some kink related stuff eventually (my earlier writings were mostly focused on adventure and mysteries). I like writing and I'd say it's not really as much about wanting to record creative thougts as it is about story telling and wanting to create a piece of text based art. Even if what I end up writing is just a badly written kink thing. 😂 There are still aspects of exploring characters and how they are as "people", and of wanting to create something where the words and structures chosen create a nice reading experience in every story I write. Even when I run out of steam before finishing and decide something is good enough even if doesn't meet my own standards. 😂😅

I'm alao joining the above comments on writing what you want to read. I think that applies both to the ideas and to how you write.

Thanks for all the insight! The main thing I’m taking away is that if there’s something you want to see written, just start writing, and worry about the “quality” later, since everything can be tweaked with more drafts and editing, and improvements will come with time and experience. I might just have to put that into practice.

Definitely the key to doing anything is just to do it, repetitively.  You really have to not be afraid to suck.  I'm not saying that you, personally, are destined to suck, but everyone's first attempts at anything are shaky.  You have to be okay with leaping in and just doing it knowing that the end result might be shaky...but also with the confidence to know that while attempt 1 might not be great, attempt 5 might be pretty damn good, attempt 10 might be something worth showing off to the world , attempt 20 might be something you're incredibly proud of.  Fear of sucking as a beginner is the number one thing that kept me from trying new things for a long time, so it is my best bit of advice for anyone starting out on anything.

Oh, and if you want to write...read. A lot.  By reading things, you'll quickly start to see what sort of stuff you gravitate toward, you'll see what sort of writing styles really get your attention, and what sort of stuff you find completely boring, and you'll start to develop your own style and voice based on that.  What I enjoy reading has definitely influenced my writing style, and you can see very different writing styles by other writers that show what genres and styles they were influenced by.  If you want to write fics, look at the fics here that you enjoy reading, and pay attention to what it is about them that makes them so good to you? How does the author set the scene, introduce a character? How is the dialogue written?

I think its important to remember that when you're writing on here you're writing on a fetish site. That's not to say that the expectation of quality is any lower, but the rules are certainly different. You are often trying to heighten the intensity of the sneezing element in the story, while still maintaining a coherent narrative. I think the key is just to write what turns you on, and more than likely it will be to the taste of others on here as well. The stories I have written on here that have been most popular have been those most closely tied to my own kinks within the fetish. When I have tried to write for others, they are often less popular :D  

Many people here had some great advices. The best one, in my opinion, is to write what you want to read. That's how I started, without any experience in writing (definitely not in English, which is not my first language) and my writing got better the more I wrote. One advice I'd like to add is to not overthink your stories. Sure, go over what you write and edit before you post, but don't tinker with it indefinitely. At some point you have to be satisfied enough with what you wrote to publish it. Will it be perfect? Never! But as long as you're at least somewhat satisfied with it others will be as well. My advice is one round of proofreading before posting.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/27/2023 at 3:15 AM, jdoe99945 said:

I’ve seen some really impressive stories on here. Not just in how fun they are to read, but how well written some of them are. For those of you who write them, how did you get into it? Did you already have a background in writing? Did you just have creative scenarios in your head and wanted a way to record them? I’ve been curious about doing it too, so if y’all have any advice, I’d love to hear it!

It might sound dumb but for me it's just that sometimes the horny inspiration just hits and then i will write. It helps if you already got a scenario in mind that you wanna explore. Roleplays can also help in finding interesting scenarios 

• 4 months later...

i have lots of tips !! my email address is in my profile.

Edited by webmeistro
Email addy in post