Sneeze Fetish Forum

Unorthodox Food Loves

SleepingPhlox

I was going to title it "Unorthodox Food Opinions" but I really want to hear the stuff that people love to eat that makes other people go "Huh.  Never heard of THAT." rather than stuff people hate

I don't think mine are particularly weird, like, at all but the amount of times people have commented on them suggests otherwise! 

• Croissants are infinitely superior to dip in soup than soup rolls.  They go with any soup and create a wonderful deliciousness.  I'll dip a roll in soup if I'm eating out and that's what they give me, but rolls don't even come close to croissants.
  • The absolute BEST thing to dip in cream of mushroom soup is plain salted Pringles. This is a god-tier treat.
  • A great way to eat any type of creamy soup is to make a bowl out of mashed potatoes and put the soup in the middle, then eat them together.
  • On a non-soup note, oatmeal/porridge is better dry.  I might put a tiny bit of water in it just so I don't get too thirsty eating it, but I need it to be as close to dry as possible.

Doesn't have to be food combinations, if you have an unusual method of eating a type of food, lets hear it! (Unless you roll up your pizza slices and eat them like that, in which case get out of my sight this instant, you weirdo! :laugh: Kidding! )

Because I've been thinking about fruit and berries for weeks now, lol. Everybody likes strawberries with whipped cream. I raise you: raspberries with whipped cream. WAY more delicious. It's not unorthodox exactly, but it's not really what people tend to do. For some reason, raspberries are always supposed to be IN something, not just by themselves with a lot of whipped cream.

42 minutes ago, Chanel_no5 said:

Because I've been thinking about fruit and berries for weeks now, lol. Everybody likes strawberries with whipped cream. I raise you: raspberries with whipped cream. WAY more delicious. It's not unorthodox exactly, but it's not really what people tend to do. For some reason, raspberries are always supposed to be IN something, not just by themselves with a lot of whipped cream.

On that note: basically any kind of smoothie with whipped cream. It gives it a creamier texture, and it kind of cuts the tartness if it’s a berry smoothie, making it nice and sweet.

1 hour ago, SleepingPhlox said:

I was going to title it "Unorthodox Food Opinions" but I really want to hear the stuff that people love to eat that makes other people go "Huh.  Never heard of THAT." rather than stuff people hate

I don't think mine are particularly weird, like, at all but the amount of times people have commented on them suggests otherwise! 

• Croissants are infinitely superior to dip in soup than soup rolls.  They go with any soup and create a wonderful deliciousness.  I'll dip a roll in soup if I'm eating out and that's what they give me, but rolls don't even come close to croissants.
  • The absolute BEST thing to dip in cream of mushroom soup is plain salted Pringles. This is a god-tier treat.
  • A great way to eat any type of creamy soup is to make a bowl out of mashed potatoes and put the soup in the middle, then eat them together.
  • On a non-soup note, oatmeal/porridge is better dry.  I might put a tiny bit of water in it just so I don't get too thirsty eating it, but I need it to be as close to dry as possible.

Doesn't have to be food combinations, if you have an unusual method of eating a type of food, lets hear it! (Unless you roll up your pizza slices and eat them like that, in which case get out of my sight this instant, you weirdo! :laugh: Kidding! )

These are soooooo odd!! HAHA I love it. Croissants in soup?? Pringles in soup?? LOL.

I don't think I have anything super weird.

I do love gravy, any type of gravy, so much so that I'll drink it. 

1 hour ago, jdoe99945 said:

it kind of cuts the tartness

Why would anyone actually want to cut the tartness, though? Personally, I find that the best characteristic; well, to each his own, I suppose.

I don’t think I have any particularly odd food preferences, per se. I will drink small amounts of Shanxi vinegar (if you’ve never had it, look it up; it’s a type of black vinegar and the hands-down best for most heavier dishes, albeit not always as suitable when non-starchy vegetables are involved) straight, though.

Soy Sauce Ice Cream.

It sounds totally nuts, but I randomly saw it at a noodle house I was having dinner at, figured I had to try it, and it was really good. It's maybe not what you'd expect, and obviously it's not as salty as if you actually just drank soy sauce or something. It's more like butterscotch, that's probably the closest thing I can think of for comparison.

11 hours ago, Melody said:

These are soooooo odd!! HAHA I love it. Croissants in soup?? Pringles in soup?? LOL.

LMAOOOO laugh all you want, I can't hear you over the sound of my crunching on soup-covered Pringles!

😁

Don't mind me, you guys, I'm just here taking notes going "Ooh, I wanna try that!"

Okay but soft gingerbread cake, right? And then you drink a Red Bull with it. SOOOOOOOOOOO GOOOOOOOOOOOD! :dribble:  I can't get over how weirdly amazing this taste combo is. 

Also... Ramen noodles? But once you've poured the little bag of seasoning into it, you just stir and then you pour the liquid out into a cup and drink it like broth, and then you put taco sauce on the noodles instead. Don't ask why. I did this once for whatever reason, and it has become a habit when I have leftover taco sauce now. :rofl: 

Coming in to add that I love indulging every so often and putting real maple syrup on ice cream 🍦 too Canadian over here lol 🇨🇦

I make fried potatoes, all greasy and crispy and put them in a bowl with eggs over easy on top. Then I make up a can of mushroom soup but with a little less water so that it's sort of like a gravy, and pour it over the top. It's delicious. 

I also like toasted cream cheese and olive sandwiches. 

13 hours ago, mordaciousghost said:

I make fried potatoes, all greasy and crispy and put them in a bowl with eggs over easy on top. Then I make up a can of mushroom soup but with a little less water so that it's sort of like a gravy, and pour it over the top. It's delicious. 

I also like toasted cream cheese and olive sandwiches. 

Yup, that definitely makes me go "Wow, I've never heard of that before"  I really want to try the first one but the addition of eggs is tripping me up.  I'm not sure why, since I have no problem chopping up hard boiled eggs and smashing the yolks into tuna fish for a delicious snack.  But I am so intrigued by fried potatoes and mushroom soup. 

• 1 month later...

Apparently people think dipping baby carrots in peanut butter is super weird, but I’ve been doing it since I was a kid and still love it!