Sneeze Fetish Forum

Health || (Star Wars, M, Obi-Wan).

Nebula

A/N: Hi! if you follow me on Tumblr you'll know I'm on a major Star Wars/Prequels kick at the moment, so figured I may as well start cross-posting some of the writing I've been doing over there! Have a plotless little sick!Obi-Wan mini ficlet. Setting/timing open to interpretation tbh.

------------------------------------------------------------------

To his left and to his right, dignitaries spanning the length of the table trilled and toasted and laughed, the air warm - too warm - and crackling with activity and joviality that only served to deepen Obi-Wan’s roiling headache.

He could tell that nobody was really paying attention to him at that moment, all caught up in their own conversations and inside jokes about people he didn’t know, places he hadn’t been, and intra-planet matters he didn’t quite fully understand. Which usually wouldn’t bother him so much, when he had the appropriate mental capacity to finagle his way into the conversation regardless. But today was not one of those days.

So, taking advantage of the lack of scrutiny, as delicately and inconspicuously as possible, he laid his knife and fork back down onto his plate and pinched the bridge of his nose, desperate to alleviate even one iota of the pressurised ache radiating out through his sinuses.

His entire posture was held stiff, his back ramrod straight despite the overwhelming urge to slump, to relax, to let go and give his tired muscles a little bit of reprieve. But, no. He was here on this planet as a diplomat, an official representative on behalf of the Republic to negotiate a contract for further military aid. Simply being present before them, the prominent base of his nose an angry red beacon, and trying to talk through the congestion bestowed upon him by this growingly wretched cold as he had been doing was humiliating enough.

The cacophony around him momentarily dimmed in his mind then, as whatever way he’d prodded at his sinuses had obviously been the wrong way. The previously dormant, featherlight but decidedly pointed tickling flared to life, drawing his eyebrows immediately together and trigger-happy tears to his eyes as his breath threatened to hitch.

Force, the thought of sneezing at the dinner table. One filled with politicians and highly influential state officials, a breed of people he notoriously held no affection for, yes, but who it was his purpose to engage effectively with and make a strong impression on. How undignified. Also, just personally, disgusting.

It simply couldn’t be reasoned with however, and it was only a couple of stilted, quietened breaths before he was ducking down into the cover of one broad, splayed, battle-calloused hand for a perfectly silent stifle.

He glanced around, and everyone thankfully appeared to be very much still engaged with the conversations they were having, and hadn’t even noticed.

Another breath however and he was gearing up again, body rigid, only now with the added issue that with the force of the denied expulsion he could feel his nose, up to this point bountifully inflamed and completely blocked up but mercifully dry, begin to drip.

h’IHNGT!”. Executed expertly, yet again totally noiseless, as he twitched forward in his seat with it.

He let out a cautious, unsteady breath, taking a moment to reflect on whether a higher power may be looking down on him and he’d be done with this really quite unlike himself fit-

hiH’EHDGSS’st!”

It caught him by surprise, erupting suddenly from nowhere out of the monotonous, underlying buzzing nuisance of an itch, and so hadn’t been able to be suppressed quite so effectively, the heavy, slightly hissing wetness of its last syllable an omen of foreboding.

He was at the point of no return now that he’d inadvertently given an inch, and his poor, abused sinuses seemed to know that, revolting yet again with a renewed sense of force that made it obvious he risked splitting his head clean open if he were to try and stifle yet again.

The din of the exchanges around him, more like a party than most state dinners Obi-Wan usually ended up attending on behalf of the Jedi or the Republic, both paled away as the urge to sneeze hijacked the forefront of his considerations and permeated his subconscious as he remained unable to forget where he was.

With Jedi-like reflexes, in the blink of an eye he’d snatched his actually quite thick, luxurious cotton (cotton-like? Did they have cotton here?) napkin from the table and smothered his nose and the mouth in its folds.

H’AEHSSSZC’huh!” The final sneeze of the annoying little mini-fit barrelled out with a violent cataclysm, miserably cold-laden and unavoidably drenching, compounded by the tear that managed to break the waterline of his puffy, rheumy-pink eyes, trailing singularly down his flushed cheeks in a long, straight line.

The room quieted around him, and he felt embarrassment creeping in, waiting an extra beat or two before forcing his eyes back open.

“Oh, health, General Kenobi, health!” the planet’s gregarious (and slightly inebriated) Trade Secretary enthused - seemingly implored by his tone - from somewhere to his right, in what he’d come to assume was their own custom to blessing. The sonically garish display had clearly now caught the attention of many around, pausing in their revelry to afford him looks of both concern and light-hearted amusement.

Unable to see much else to be done for it, Obi-Wan chuckled at himself in resignation, the sound muffled by the napkin as he scrubbed and dabbed at his nose, now running in earnest, having no choice but to allow himself a deep-reaching snuffle before attempting to speak.

“Yes, I could rather use some of that, couldn’t I?”.

Ooh, this was lovely!

If you plan to do any Obi-Wan/Commander Cody interaction, whether it’s platonic or romantic, I will have died and gone to heaven. 😇 As much as I love our dear Jedi, the clones really captured my heart. 💗

Over the last several months I’ve binge watched The Clone Wars, The Bad Batch, The Mandalorian, The Book of Boba Fett and Kenobi, so I’m pretty keen for Star Wars content.

I really got into sneezefic in the early noughties reading all The Phantom Menace fics written by tarotgal, nermal90, and others on the old sneezefic archive.

I can’t wrap my head around tumblr or the way it’s supposed to be work, so please post more of your work here!

I’ve really enjoyed your story with your original characters Yves and Vincent too, btw!

Oh my, my, that was so so good... and it's definitely not helping the massive crush I have for Obi Wan hehe! I'll definitely check your tumblr, thank you Nebula ❤️