Sneeze Fetish Forum

Sneeze drunk?

ConstantlySneezing

Anyone else get.. sneeze drunk? 😅

Like they're sneezing so much they get a little light-headed and start doing/saying things they wouldn't normally say/do?

A few days ago I was trying to pay for the bus and I was in the middle of a really intense sneezing fit, and so I tried to pay for the bus.. with my keys. I kid you not, I tried several times, wondered why the payment wasn't going through and then realised what I was doing and fumbled around for my bank card and stumbled into the nearest seat. The driver never said anything, I probably traumatised him 😂

• 3 weeks later...

Can't say this has ever happened to me but then again. I'm not an allergy sufferer so I don't really get "sneeze fits". I'm not sure if I should be thankful or jealous but it is what it is

I feel you!

That has happened to me😭 quite a bit of times tbh. Although, im surprised you even managed to keep your balance on the bus.

I mean, maybe its just because my sneezes are quite powerful, but i absolutely have to sit down if the fit goes on too long. I'll legit faint in moments☠️.

Although it's a weird concept, it makes sense imo....after all a sneeze is a forceful air expulsion; everyone gets dizzy when they have to inflate a big toy/balloon with their own breath, so transpose that to sneezing and there you have it.

I'm no scientist though, lol.

• 1 month later...

This happens to me all the time. If I have more than three drinks I can’t stop sneezing no matter what I do and it doesn’t matter what I drink it’s just alcohol in general. 

@zack12 All forms of alcohol contain histamine as a result of the fermentation or brewing process, although apparently wine, and especially red wine has the highest levels of histamine in it.

So you might be experiencing an allergic type-reaction to the histamine in the alcohol, which is what makes you sneeze so much. Taking anti-histamines before drinking alcohol might help.

However, alcohol can also cause dilation of the blood vessels in the nose leading to swelling of the lining of the nose, which means the sneezing could be a vasomotor reaction (ie the swelling is causing physical irritation,) in which case, antihistamines wouldn’t help.

4 hours ago, solitaire-au said:

@zack12 All forms of alcohol contain histamine as a result of the fermentation or brewing process, although apparently wine, and especially red wine has the highest levels of histamine in it.

So you might be experiencing an allergic type-reaction to the histamine in the alcohol, which is what makes you sneeze so much. Taking anti-histamines before drinking alcohol might help.

However, alcohol can also cause dilation of the blood vessels in the nose leading to swelling of the lining of the nose, which means the sneezing could be a vasomotor reaction (ie the swelling is causing physical irritation,) in which case, antihistamines wouldn’t help.

Thanks for the information!😊

4 hours ago, solitaire-au said:

Damn are you a doctor or something you seem smart af. I also think the rapid sxhales if sneeze cause lightheadedness which may exaggerate the "drunkeness"

20 hours ago, iojo said:

Damn are you a doctor or something you seem smart af.

Thanks. ☺️ 

I’m not a doctor. I did want to be one, but life had other plans for me. 😔 I tried to be a scientist as my plan B, but that didn’t work out either. Now I just play doctor in my own mind! But the interest in medicine and science is still there, especially where certain bodily reflexes are concerned. 😘