Sneeze Fetish Forum

Just tried some AI generated story prompts

demon_destroyer7479

Seen an increase of them on the forum as of late. Decided to try it out for myself. I have to admit while some where a bust, some actually weren't too bad. I think I would still prefer writing my own, but it did give some great ideas for a backbone structure that I can tweak

Samesies.  I tried it out of curiosity and honestly it didn't create anything that I cared to read - I mean, some of them were certainly readable, but just not quite right.  And it was fun seeing what it would spit out for the sheer comedy factor sometimes, when I wasn't babysitting it constantly to steer it back in the right direction it would take these mad turns into WTF-land. 

But it did give me some general ideas to work from, which was pretty useful! I didn't have any concrete ideas to work on before and now I have some!

7 hours ago, SleepingPhlox said:

Samesies.  I tried it out of curiosity and honestly it didn't create anything that I cared to read - I mean, some of them were certainly readable, but just not quite right.  And it was fun seeing what it would spit out for the sheer comedy factor sometimes, when I wasn't babysitting it constantly to steer it back in the right direction it would take these mad turns into WTF-land. 

But it did give me some general ideas to work from, which was pretty useful! I didn't have any concrete ideas to work on before and now I have some!

It certainly accomplished much more than I would have expected. But yeah I noticed a lot of times it takes a wild steer off the prompt sometimes. A lot of them also seem to want to wrap everything up into a good, happily ever after type ending as well. But with a good bit of editing I did manage to get a few things I could use

The free version of chatgpt is great but you have to be very clear about what you don't want to the point of explaining yourself several times. It's better if you specify the basic story structure and if it's lacking in some way you can pretty much just ask it to do more. Sometimes if it doesn't want to write something you just need to get it to write something similar then tell it to re-write it with one detail changed. You'll get a good story out of it eventually. I haven't tried the premium version but supposedly it's better across the board. I tried ai dungeon a couple of years ago and it was fun for a little while but I ran into its limitations quickly and got bored of it. Chatgpt is the first one of these text generation neural networks that crosses the line from being just a fun little novelty for a day or two to actually being useful, for me at least, but I haven't tried that many others.

• 8 months later...

Ngl I absolutely love AI regenerated stories and images the stories more tho

I've tried it out a couple of times but it always felt a lilttle slow and irresponsive or not quite getting what I wanted. There have been a few short passages that I really liked but I couldn't get it to generate a cohesive story. It's good for coming up with some interesting scenarios / starting points though 😄