Sneeze Fetish Forum

Character/Fandom Sneeze Headcanons

SleepingPhlox

There was a post like this once, but seeing as how it ended in 2016 it's too old to bring back (and I'm sure people would murder me for reminding them of their ancient fandoms if I did  :laugh: ) but it's a fun and good idea so lets start it up again! I mean, everyone loves talking about their fave fandoms and fave characters, right? But there's not always a good opportunity to do it!  Well, here's your opportunity, right here.

So here's the place to talk about any headcanons you have about your favourite characters sneezing.  What their sneeze sounds like, what they act like when they're sick, how often they get sick, if they like to be taken care of, what makes them sneeze, if they have any allergies, whatever you can think of is welcome here! ANY characters are welcome - from movies, TV, animated characters, video games, audio dramas, books, comics...as long as they're over 18 of course!

And who knows, you might find out someone else here is into the same fandom as you!

I'll start:

Solar Opposites: The Shlorpians, being plant-based life forms, are not only vulnerable to viruses, but also things that affect plants, such as molds.  It causes the same sorts of illness as a virus would, as their immune systems would have evolved to work that way, so a lot of sneezing and coughing while their body gets rid of it.  Also, being aliens living on Earth, their immune systems would have no idea what to do with the viruses on this planet at first, which would mean a LOT of getting sick while they adjust.

Great thread! Well, I definitely have some thoughts about certain characters... I hope this doesn't kill the thread, though. I don't think One Piece is popular around here, much less the specific characters that I like. Are multiple characters allowed? I'll do only three, so as to keep my rambling somewhat contained. 😅

Hawkins: He would probably act normally when sick, just accepting it as fate and not being too bothered by it. He would be able to use his tarot cards to determine how long an illness would last and how severe it would be. I don't think he can get sick very often, because he has an ability that allows him to link other people to his life force and use them as proxies. Damage that he receives is redirected to them. It was shown that he can sustain injury only when he has run out of proxies, which I assume would apply to illness as well. He would probably not want to be taken care of, or for too much attention to be drawn to his illness. Since he is fairly dignified, I think he would be polite about sneezing- covering and so forth. Mostly sneezes in singles, but sometimes multiples when sick.

King: His backstory was recently revealed in the anime, so I don't think this counts as a spoiler for anime watchers. I don't think he would get sick very often, due to the enhanced durability that comes from being a Lunarian. However, I imagine that he would be somewhat sensitive to irritants/impurities in the air, since the mask that he always wears would normally block those out. That might translate to mild allergies; or just a general sensitivity to strong perfumes, dust, etc. He definitely would not want to be taken care of or show weakness. I'm not good at spelling sneezes (yeah, I've spelled them out in stories that I have written about these characters, but no one else has seen those), but I think his would be quick and harsh. Probably mostly singles.

Caesar (I don't know why I like this character, but I do): He would probably not be affected by allergies. His ability allows him to control gas, so he could probably just purify the air if there was something that was bothering him. He's fairly dramatic and likes attention, so I think that he would be the type to play up an illness and loudly complain about it. He'd probably make constant demands of his subordinates. I think he would sneeze a fair amount when sick; and his sneezes would be loud and dramatic, in keeping with his general personality. As a scientist, he might be able to come up with a good remedy/medicine fairly quickly, but he'd be pretty miserable until then.

Wow, that got really long. I guess I have a lot of thoughts about this series. 😬 I'll just go back to lurking now...

6 hours ago, RosyLights said:

Great thread! Well, I definitely have some thoughts about certain characters... I hope this doesn't kill the thread, though. I don't think One Piece is popular around here, much less the specific characters that I like. Are multiple characters allowed? I'll do only three, so as to keep my rambling somewhat contained. 😅

Oh gosh, do three, do 17, do every single character that ever appeared! :laugh: Any and all character headcanon rambling is welcome here!

6 hours ago, RosyLights said:

Wow, that got really long. I guess I have a lot of thoughts about this series. 😬 I'll just go back to lurking now...

LMAO I am the queen of overthinking everything I like, so I get it! I enjoyed reading your headcanons, you have definitely put some thought into them and hey, if you want to come back and post more, go for it! Sometimes you just gotta ramble about your faves, y'know? :D

On 6/10/2023 at 5:06 PM, SleepingPhlox said:

There was a post like this once, but seeing as how it ended in 2016 it's too old to bring back (and I'm sure people would murder me for reminding them of their ancient fandoms if I did  :laugh: ) but it's a fun and good idea so lets start it up again! I mean, everyone loves talking about their fave fandoms and fave characters, right? But there's not always a good opportunity to do it!  Well, here's your opportunity, right here.

Hahahaha, I know the post you're referring to, and I've been thinking about reviving it too but backed down like a good girl for the exact reason you mention. :lol: 

Okay I have a whole bunch of headcanons for a whole bunch of characters, but I'm going to go with just one to begin with: 

Diana, from the now-ancient mid 00s sci-fi show The 4400. :shifty: 

The character does have canon allergies but it's not confirmed exactly to what. So I have gone a little nuts about it, lol. Tree pollen, grass, certain flowers and cologne/perfumes, dogs, cats, rabbits. She used to have a pretty good immune system and catch at most one cold a year, but then she adopted her daughter and is exposed to school germs and after that she probably averages 3-4 colds a year. Often stress colds. Usually not too bad ones, but they tend to get very sneezy. For someone with a background in CDC, Diana's covering skills may be somewhat... lacking. Not on purpose - for most part, at least, but if she's outside she's more likely to just turn to the side and sneeze than to cover - but her sneezes don't always give her much warning. Which is unfortunate because she's also a very wet sneezer. Both her work partner and her boss will be more likely to ask (or flat out tell) her to take a sick day than she is to actually call in sick. She can also occasionally do a 180 and whine about being sick, though. Semi-subtly fishing for sympathy. 

She's a little bit forgetful when it comes to taking her allergy meds too, so she can end up in very itchy, drippy predicaments that she only has herself to blame for.  Thing with this character is that she really does evolve between seasons, in the first season she's kind of immature (she's in her mid 30s in season 1, so she's not childish-immature, but she doesn't really plan ahead, like, ever), and from season 2 she becomes more settled and calmer, more mature. Which is believable in that she now has a child to take care of, as a single mom, and she would be prepared for anything for her daughter, but for herself she'd still be a bit careless and forgetful. On the other hand she would also suffer through anything for her kid, so if there's a Big Day coming up but Diana is getting sick, she's going to go to lengths to hide it and push through to make the best day ever. (which might not be that easy because, uh, well... her daughter is precognitive. :lol: )

On 6/12/2023 at 3:07 AM, RosyLights said:

Hawkins: He would probably act normally when sick, just accepting it as fate and not being too bothered by it. He would be able to use his tarot cards to determine how long an illness would last and how severe it would be. I don't think he can get sick very often, because he has an ability that allows him to link other people to his life force and use them as proxies. Damage that he receives is redirected to them. It was shown that he can sustain injury only when he has run out of proxies, which I assume would apply to illness as well. He would probably not want to be taken care of, or for too much attention to be drawn to his illness. Since he is fairly dignified, I think he would be polite about sneezing- covering and so forth. Mostly sneezes in singles, but sometimes multiples when sick.

King: His backstory was recently revealed in the anime, so I don't think this counts as a spoiler for anime watchers. I don't think he would get sick very often, due to the enhanced durability that comes from being a Lunarian. However, I imagine that he would be somewhat sensitive to irritants/impurities in the air, since the mask that he always wears would normally block those out. That might translate to mild allergies; or just a general sensitivity to strong perfumes, dust, etc. He definitely would not want to be taken care of or show weakness. I'm not good at spelling sneezes (yeah, I've spelled them out in stories that I have written about these characters, but no one else has seen those), but I think his would be quick and harsh. Probably mostly singles.

Caesar (I don't know why I like this character, but I do): He would probably not be affected by allergies. His ability allows him to control gas, so he could probably just purify the air if there was something that was bothering him. He's fairly dramatic and likes attention, so I think that he would be the type to play up an illness and loudly complain about it. He'd probably make constant demands of his subordinates. I think he would sneeze a fair amount when sick; and his sneezes would be loud and dramatic, in keeping with his general personality. As a scientist, he might be able to come up with a good remedy/medicine fairly quickly, but he'd be pretty miserable until then.

Well, since you posted some one piece guys, I’ll take some time to talk about the best of all one piece gals.

Nico Robin: Robin as a character is the most put together and I guess “chill” of the straw hat pirates. Many of her character traits lead her to be a very ladylike and somewhat dainty individual at times, but her powers and fighting style allow her to be incredibly brutal in combat (anyone who’s seen the Grand Jacuzzi Clutch knows what I mean), so on the outset she seems like a character who’d have the regular small anime character sneeze like some of the others. However, I don’t think so, and it’s not just because of her rather large nose. I believe that because the creator of the series is very much a fan of the concept of “gap moe” that Robin, as a lady’s lady, would have a large, unladylike sneeze. I imagine she doesn’t sneeze often, maybe once every couple days, but anytime she sneezes on board the ship it startles everyone, and she just tries to either pass it off with a laugh, or ask why everyone’s so spooked by just a sneeze. As a side note, because Robin can create parts of her body on surfaces (putting arms on walls to climb up or on people for attacks they can’t avoid) and it’s established that she feels anything her created limbs feel, if she created a nose or a giantess version of herself, anything that would tickle that nose would make her real body sneeze as well. Also also if she’s using her power and has a tickle in her nose or sneezes then she will accidentally spawn a copy of her nose somewhere, which could lead to more ticklish shenanigans.

I'm gonna be annoying and add another one, that I wasn't planning on adding but the headcanon was too clear in my head, I have to write it down before I forget. So, Lou, from the movie so aptly titled Lou...😅

She is a loud sneezer, zero restraint. Harsh, heavy-sounding sneezes. Her dog usually barks at her when she sneezes. She rarely covers either, though she might turn to the side, away from what- or whoever is in front of her. Um, I'm sorry but... she would totally blow her nose openly onto the ground if she's outside, too. 🙄😅 She usually only sneezes in singles, with the occasional double. She doesn't get sick very often, maybe once a year at most. Officially she has no allergies, but unofficially, that she would never admit, she's slightly allergic to ragweed. But it mostly makes her itchy, without really giving the relief of sneezing either. She would have a really hard time holding back or stifling, she's had to master it at some point in her career (CIA), but it's definitely not her strong suit and she hates doing it.

Yeah, that's what I have for her. 😅 Carry onnnnnn... 😁

6 hours ago, Chanel_no5 said:

I'm gonna be annoying and add another one, that I wasn't planning on adding but the headcanon was too clear in my head, I have to write it down before I forget. So, Lou, from the movie so aptly titled Lou...😅

I really need to watch this, tough hard badass women have a special place in my heart.

I like your headcanons, they are so well thought out. And this one in particular was...nice. 🥵

_________

Well I guess this is as good time as any to segue into my Scratch thoughts... 😅

Scratch from The Ghost and Molly McGee: Totes allergic to ragweed and cut grass. He mentions ragweed to deflect from his getting happy-emotional at seeing something romantic, and mentions the smell of cut grass "reminds (him) of nothing except hayfever" to express disinterest in a conversation.  BUT my headcanon that these are actually true is based on this show peppering what seem to be random jokes, throwaway lines, and background stuff that turn out to be connected to something important later.  The whole Geoff/Jeff thing for example.

And there is one time Scratch says "not if it has carob" when he's accused of being "hangry" and offered something to eat.  He's trying to pretend to be reluctant to take the offer but still get to eat the food, but later its shown that he actually can't eat carob without swelling to the size of a house. So it stands to reason that if he says something, there's truth to it.

Plus given that he already has one canon allergy to the local wildflowers, as seen in my signature, plus a canon food allergy, it's not much of a stretch that he probably has a few more allergies going on.

When it comes to illness, doctors in the ghost world are shown to be extremely busy.  Yet physical injuries are not a big deal, just like a "lemme just stick my head back on real quick lol" kind of a thing.  So if ghost doctors aren't treating physical injuries...ghosts must get sick often. Some more than others, and Scratch is one of those "some".  He takes so little care of himself that he eats pizza out of the trash, for crying out loud! I headcanon that there are ghost-specific illnesses, plus they can catch human ones too so they have double the opportunity to get sick.

Scratch is unapologetically rude and he does not give a single crap about manners whatsoever.  He has no problem messily fake sneezing right in someone's face when he's pretending to be sick and he really wants to sell it...so why would he be any different when he's actually sneezing for real? It's just a very bad idea to be around him when he's sick.  He won't cover, he wont even attempt to aim it away from anyone, he won't even apologise afterward. Your fault for being in the way. And given that he's shown wiping his nose on his hand and arm after rainbows explode out of it, that's probably another bad habit he has, and would do the same thing for stuff that's grosser than rainbows. 😅

Another Solar Opposites one, too: The Shlorpians' home planet does not seem to have any pollution.  Besides the spaceships used to escape, no vehicles are shown. Their cities are bursting with lush greenery and waterfalls. Korvo expresses disdain for the internal combustion engine and mentions the pollution on Earth a couple of times, once referring to the air as "poison".  Their kind seek out uninhabited untouched planets to resettle.  So I say that means they have zero ability to filter pollution.  On Earth their respiratory systems are overloaded just filtering out the car exhaust that viruses just slip through no problem. So they get sick a lot.

Okay. I'm done...FOR NOW. 😂

5 hours ago, SleepingPhlox said:

I really need to watch this, tough hard badass women have a special place in my heart.

I like your headcanons, they are so well thought out. And this one in particular was...nice. 🥵

Yes you do, it really is a good movie, and she's a great character. ^_^  Hehe, I'm glad you liked, I felt this one was pretty... unpolished, but that's what would be in character, so... :lol:  

Diana is more dynamic in that aspect because you can tweak her character a little in either direction, more or less careful about germs/covering, and stuff like that. But it's also fun to have a character that is very clearly one way and think about how they would act around sneezing. 

5 hours ago, SleepingPhlox said:

So I say that means they have zero ability to filter pollution.  On Earth their respiratory systems are overloaded just filtering out the car exhaust that viruses just slip through no problem. So they get sick a lot.

Makes a lot of sense. :yay:  They would also have perpeturally irritated respiratory systems at that. ;) 

3 hours ago, Chanel_no5 said:

Makes a lot of sense. :yay:  They would also have perpeturally irritated respiratory systems at that. ;) 

I... :omg:

Holy crap you are a genius! Well, I guess I have a new headcanon to ponder instead of sleeping tonight... :laugh:

On 6/12/2023 at 6:06 PM, 47Bears said:

Well, since you posted some one piece guys, I’ll take some time to talk about the best of all one piece gals.

Nico Robin: Robin as a character is the most put together and I guess “chill” of the straw hat pirates. Many of her character traits lead her to be a very ladylike and somewhat dainty individual at times, but her powers and fighting style allow her to be incredibly brutal in combat (anyone who’s seen the Grand Jacuzzi Clutch knows what I mean), so on the outset she seems like a character who’d have the regular small anime character sneeze like some of the others. However, I don’t think so, and it’s not just because of her rather large nose. I believe that because the creator of the series is very much a fan of the concept of “gap moe” that Robin, as a lady’s lady, would have a large, unladylike sneeze. I imagine she doesn’t sneeze often, maybe once every couple days, but anytime she sneezes on board the ship it startles everyone, and she just tries to either pass it off with a laugh, or ask why everyone’s so spooked by just a sneeze. As a side note, because Robin can create parts of her body on surfaces (putting arms on walls to climb up or on people for attacks they can’t avoid) and it’s established that she feels anything her created limbs feel, if she created a nose or a giantess version of herself, anything that would tickle that nose would make her real body sneeze as well. Also also if she’s using her power and has a tickle in her nose or sneezes then she will accidentally spawn a copy of her nose somewhere, which could lead to more ticklish shenanigans.

Nice; I like the detail! Good point about her abilities and the different potential scenarios there. Yes, the author certainly does like to subvert expectations! 😂

On 6/13/2023 at 9:47 PM, SleepingPhlox said:

I... :omg:

Holy crap you are a genius! Well, I guess I have a new headcanon to ponder instead of sleeping tonight... :laugh:

Hehe, oh yeah, I know.. :proud:   :lol:  I hope you got some sleep anyway... complete with some Korvo-dreams. :shifty: 

Okay, because I keep cruising around in this thread anyway, I'm gonna add my headcanon for Kath, too, because I've written so many fics about her by now, lol. She's one of the prominent characters in the Australian/American one-season spy show Pine Gap. Which can still be found on Netflix. I think. I haven't watched it in a while.

Anyway, my headcanon for her: she is quite prone to leisure colds and a bit less prone to stress colds. All in all, she probably gets a fairly average number of colds a year. She would work through a cold, even a bad one, and while she probably would stay home with the flu, she would work through that too if work demands it (and it might, given that she's the boss at an intelligence base. WW3 breaks out, Kath's gonna have to drag her flu to work regardless how she feels about it). She also has really bad allergies – like, really, really bad – mainly to grass pollen/cut grass (also some types of flowers and colognes). She takes meds for it, but at the height of grass pollen season she’ll be a drippy wreck sneezing pretty much 24/7 either way. She would never in her life call in sick over hayfever, though. She will complain about being sick/allergic, but not to a point where she’d come across as whiny, only rightfully frustrated. And while she might deny being sick in the beginning, when it's impossible to deny it she won't insult anyone's intelligence by trying to. 

She’s not particularly concerned about contagion (she’d be careful when it comes to people who are at-risk though, because brash as she may be, she does care about other people), but it goes both ways, she’s not worried about catching anything from others either. Like, if she’s in a meeting, sitting next to someone who’s coughing and sneezing their way through an obviously nasty cold, she would largely ignore it. She's not the caretaking/motherly type herself so she wouldn't coo over them, but she definitely wouldn’t give them the evil eye or snide comments either. She's pragmatic when it comes to catching colds. 

As for her sneezing habits, she might cover, if the situation seems to demand it, and that cover might be a proper one or just symbolic, also depending on the situation, but she’d be just as likely to just turn to the side and sneeze uncovered. She doesn't have a specific pattern to her sneezes, but they're usually harsh and forceful, full-bodied, but not purposefully exaggerated, affairs. Often but not always loud, often but not always more than one. She generally doesn't get embarrassed about her sneezes at all, and she doesn't like being pitied. She will talk right through sneezes if she has something important to say, and quite frankly, if you don't understand what she's saying, that's a you problem, and while she will repeat herself, she doesn't think she should have to. :glare: 

And YES I stray from my own headcanon sometimes, what of it?? :rofl: 

Edited by Chanel_no5

I have actually wondered about this very thing! As one can likely tell from my avatar, I am very into World of Warcraft. In particular, I love Sylvanas Windrunner. Obviously she's undead and can no longer sneeze, but in lore elves do sneeze, and she was a high elf when she was alive. So, I kind of wonder what her sneezes would be like. What do you guys think? Would she be loud? Soft? What would her sneeze (spelled out) sound like? What about what would come out? Would they be wet? Messy? Both? Do you guys think she'd cover or just sneeze into the air? How many times would she sneeze? I also don't see her as getting sick often when she was alive, but if she did, how do you guys think she'd act? Do you think she'd be allergic to anything? How often do you think she'd sneeze in general? How much would she sneeze when well vs. sick?

My guesses:

I actually discussed this with another forum member privately, and we had similar guesses:

I think she would sneeze fairly loudly, always unstifled. I actually don't think she'd cover, maybe just turn away or sneeze downward. I don't think she'd be so rude as to sneeze just anywhere, but I also could see her feeling as if she might as well just 'get the job done' and just aim her's away without covering. I am not exactly sure how they'd sound spelled out, however. I do think she'd spray quite a bit, and I think her spray would have occasional bits of mess in it (as in some snot droplets mixed in fairly frequently), but otherwise be largely wet more than messy. I think she'd be either a single (or more likely) double sneezer. As I said, I think she probably did not get sick frequently when she was alive, but I think when sick she would sneeze more frequently. I don't think she'd have allergies, and I think she'd sneeze maybe a couple times per day when well. 

Thoughts?

On 6/15/2023 at 8:48 AM, YiffySneeze said:

I have actually wondered about this very thing! As one can likely tell from my avatar, I am very into World of Warcraft. In particular, I love Sylvanas Windrunner. Obviously she's undead and can no longer sneeze, but in lore elves do sneeze, and she was a high elf when she was alive. So, I kind of wonder what her sneezes would be like. What do you guys think? Would she be loud? Soft? What would her sneeze (spelled out) sound like? What about what would come out? Would they be wet? Messy? Both? Do you guys think she'd cover or just sneeze into the air? How many times would she sneeze? I also don't see her as getting sick often when she was alive, but if she did, how do you guys think she'd act? Do you think she'd be allergic to anything? How often do you think she'd sneeze in general? How much would she sneeze when well vs. sick?

My guesses:

I actually discussed this with another forum member privately, and we had similar guesses:

I think she would sneeze fairly loudly, always unstifled. I actually don't think she'd cover, maybe just turn away or sneeze downward. I don't think she'd be so rude as to sneeze just anywhere, but I also could see her feeling as if she might as well just 'get the job done' and just aim her's away without covering. I am not exactly sure how they'd sound spelled out, however. I do think she'd spray quite a bit, and I think her spray would have occasional bits of mess in it (as in some snot droplets mixed in fairly frequently), but otherwise be largely wet more than messy. I think she'd be either a single (or more likely) double sneezer. As I said, I think she probably did not get sick frequently when she was alive, but I think when sick she would sneeze more frequently. I don't think she'd have allergies, and I think she'd sneeze maybe a couple times per day when well. 

Thoughts?

Never heard of these characters before but sounds like an interesting fanfic could be in the works. 

On 6/10/2023 at 5:06 PM, SleepingPhlox said:

Solar Opposites: The Shlorpians, being plant-based life forms, are not only vulnerable to viruses, but also things that affect plants, such as molds.  It causes the same sorts of illness as a virus would, as their immune systems would have evolved to work that way, so a lot of sneezing and coughing while their body gets rid of it.  Also, being aliens living on Earth, their immune systems would have no idea what to do with the viruses on this planet at first, which would mean a LOT of getting sick while they adjust.

Oh, my gosh, I love those headcanons!! Poor dears must have been miserable for the first few months of being on Earth... well, outside of the fact that it's a horrible home to begin with.

I've just learnt that there's a specific category of viruses (called phytoviruses, apparently) that causes illnesses in plants and I definitely think they could be affected by those too. Some can be cured through "thermotherapy", and from what I gathered it's supposed to cure plants by giving them warm baths or keeping them in a hot room as if to mimic a human fever. Can't you just imagine Terry or Korvo feeling a bit under the weather, and the other immediately urging him into a bubble bath and drowning him under tons of plushy blankets?? dlejkefbbrjnj---

16 hours ago, Femiline77 said:

I've just learnt that there's a specific category of viruses (called phytoviruses, apparently) that causes illnesses in plants and I definitely think they could be affected by those too.

There...are...WHAT??? Oh, this is new and wonderful information to be informed of on this fine day.  This is the funnest of fun facts.  My imagination is going to have a LOT of fun playing with this new information. 

16 hours ago, Femiline77 said:

Can't you just imagine Terry or Korvo feeling a bit under the weather, and the other immediately urging him into a bubble bath and drowning him under tons of plushy blankets?? dlejkefbbrjnj---

*reverent whisper*  I can.  I can imagine it.  It's beautiful. :omg:

On 6/13/2023 at 2:51 AM, SleepingPhlox said:

Scratch from The Ghost and Molly McGee: Totes allergic to ragweed and cut grass. He mentions ragweed to deflect from his getting happy-emotional at seeing something romantic, and mentions the smell of cut grass "reminds (him) of nothing except hayfever" to express disinterest in a conversation.  BUT my headcanon that these are actually true is based on this show peppering what seem to be random jokes, throwaway lines, and background stuff that turn out to be connected to something important later.  The whole Geoff/Jeff thing for example.

And there is one time Scratch says "not if it has carob" when he's accused of being "hangry" and offered something to eat.  He's trying to pretend to be reluctant to take the offer but still get to eat the food, but later its shown that he actually can't eat carob without swelling to the size of a house. So it stands to reason that if he says something, there's truth to it.

Plus given that he already has one canon allergy to the local wildflowers, as seen in my signature, plus a canon food allergy, it's not much of a stretch that he probably has a few more allergies going on.

When it comes to illness, doctors in the ghost world are shown to be extremely busy.  Yet physical injuries are not a big deal, just like a "lemme just stick my head back on real quick lol" kind of a thing.  So if ghost doctors aren't treating physical injuries...ghosts must get sick often. Some more than others, and Scratch is one of those "some".  He takes so little care of himself that he eats pizza out of the trash, for crying out loud! I headcanon that there are ghost-specific illnesses, plus they can catch human ones too so they have double the opportunity to get sick.

Scratch is unapologetically rude and he does not give a single crap about manners whatsoever.  He has no problem messily fake sneezing right in someone's face when he's pretending to be sick and he really wants to sell it...so why would he be any different when he's actually sneezing for real? It's just a very bad idea to be around him when he's sick.  He won't cover, he wont even attempt to aim it away from anyone, he won't even apologise afterward. Your fault for being in the way. And given that he's shown wiping his nose on his hand and arm after rainbows explode out of it, that's probably another bad habit he has, and would do the same thing for stuff that's grosser than rainbows. 😅

10000% agree with all of this. I'd gone more general with just giving him pollen allergies as a whole, there's absolutely enough canon evidence to say Scratch has hayfever. Badly.

Your thoughts on ghost doctors is super sound, I never even considered why they'd still be practising if nothing was fatal. I like to think that since ghost bodies are so versatile and there's no physical form to contain anything, they all go really big with sicknesses and it's incredibly hard to hide: whether their ectoplasm is at a constant rolling boil due to fever or they grow icicles with the chills or change shape or even splat entirely with every sneeze. It was even stated outright "When (Scratch) sneezes, it's just. Ectoplasm. Everywhere." Which means they've seen that in-show. Scratch, a ghost with zero manners and complete disregard for anyone who isn't himself, getting so sick and every time he sneezes he just explodes. An ectoplasm bomb. The entire house is covered with blue goo until his family finally quarantines him to the dollhouse.

Omg I just had a thought: ghosts can get sick from human illnesses, yes. This works because once the human body fights off the germs, the germs have their own little ghosts that can affect other ghosts. So ghosts technically can't get sick until Patient Zero is better, but now the virus is already dead and it's waaaayyy harder to kick. Hence, ghost doctors. This would mean that living people couldn't get ghost illness, though.

I also like to headcanon that sickness or sneezing in general (literally, a loss of control) causes ghost powers to malfunction (a la Magical Malady, thanks TVTropes). The more powerful the ghost, the bigger the misfire. Imagine Scratch sneezing in the Chairman's robe 😍

Another smaller headcanon is that ghosts will instinctively adopt a scare form right before a sneeze (because it's a moment of vulnerability) as a defense mechanism. Bonus point if they morph into a scare form slowly throughout the length of the build-up mm mmm yes

Size changes!!! Big noses!!! Large nostrils!!! Multiple nostrils if they're super desperate to get the sneeze out!!! Changing colours and textures and molding their own bodies into every shape they can in order to keep the sneeze at bay, tying their nose into knots or pulling it off entirely!!!! So many possibilities okay sorry I'm done 😅

On 6/23/2023 at 8:20 AM, Deuce Williams said:

there's absolutely enough canon evidence to say Scratch has hayfever. Badly.

Yes, hi, hello, the way you worded this has bitch-slapped my brain into an alternate universe where this thought is the only thought that has ever existed and the only thought that it is possible to comprehend. :laugh: You...I like how you think!

Can I just say that the idea of germs making ghost germs is the most genius thing ever.  I never would have thought of it but you're right! Oh my goodness, this opens up a world of possibilities.  Like, yes to everything you have said, but especially that one.   And also especially to the size and shape changes and power misfires (I have always loved that trope, it's so fun!) Scratch's nose is so expressive as it is, how it pulls back to react to bad smells, or takes off ahead of him when he smells something good.  Get a good irritation all up in there and that thing will go to town!  I totally imagine him puffing up like a pufferfish on the rare occasion he tries to hold a sneeze in - so if there's an occasion he's trying to pretend he's not sick or allergic (probably to avoid missing out on some fun) everyone can totally tell.

And yeah, that ectoplasm line absolutely murdered me when I first heard it.  Yeah, that is definitely something that house has bore witness too.  For a character that's really bad at lying to be able to say that with that much conviction...yup, it has happened.  And considering he seems to be able to lose an infinite supply of ectoplasm without damaging himself...yeah...it gets really bad.

MAN I started this thread thinking I'd dump a few headcanons nobody cared about and skip along on my merry way, I never thought I'd read so many FIRE headcanons about both my favourite series all up in here!

Alright alright I got another one for Scratch. His sneezes change depending on what's affecting him. The two main ones:

Allergies: He's constantly hitching, the guy has to make everything as showy and dramatic as possible. But he doesn't like letting them out because he knows once he starts he won't be able to stop, and bursting into an ectoplasm splat every twenty seconds is annoying af for him, so he's always rubbing or itching his nose. It starts to change colour the more he rubs, fading from blue to purple to pink to finally a bright, vibrant red when he becomes truly desperate. Holdbacks and false-starts abound ❤️ Poplar season is a total nightmare for him, the seeds get stuck in his body and he ends up looking like a very sneezy sheep by the end of the day

Cold: He's just. So snotty. You've never seen a cold so wet. He's inconsiderate at the best of times, so when he feels too rotten to even keep himself together, you can bet he does not give a single damn about who or what happens to be in the way when he needs to sneeze. Since he's more liquid during illness, his nose is active almost on its own and sneezes come at lightning-speed and can NOT be contained. The only warning you get of a tickle is the way his nose seems to wobble and scrunch of its own accord right before the first (and usually also final) inhale. After that, it's move, or get soaked.

Just... his nose with a mind of its own.... 👀 Scratch trying to talk the sneeze down through his nose like it can be reasoned with. It becoming an entity in and of itself when there's irritation involved, something Scratch has no control over and couldn't stop even if he wanted to. Scratch totally under his nose's control. (I'm side-eyeing myself at this point lol)

6 hours ago, Deuce Williams said:

After that, it's move, or get soaked.

I wish to dedicate my life to this sentence, form a religion around it, and built statues and temples in it's honour. :laugh:

Your headcanons are so awesome, seriously.  I love the idea of fluffy irritants getting stuck in him and him fighting a losing battle trying to get them out before they set him off too horribly!

I am not side-eyeing, more like...gazing in rapt attention.  :laugh:

On 6/24/2023 at 10:15 AM, SleepingPhlox said:

I love the idea of fluffy irritants getting stuck in him and him fighting a losing battle trying to get them out before they set him off too horribly!

Ectoplasm as a fetish concept has so many uses 😍 Even just the fact that it acts differently from normal respiratory systems. Allergens getting stuck and he can't get rid of them any easier than a living person could get rid of their own skin. He's in prolonged allergic torture for ages. I love this floating glob of blue jello and his giant nose sjhsdhd

Maybe I'm just projecting my love of holdbacks, but maybe ghosts have a different frame of reference for "a stubborn cold". Since they're all effectively immortal, sickness could potentially last months, especially without a functional immune system

On 6/13/2023 at 2:42 AM, Chanel_no5 said:

She is a loud sneezer, zero restraint. Harsh, heavy-sounding sneezes. Her dog usually barks at her when she sneezes. She rarely covers either, though she might turn to the side, away from what- or whoever is in front of her. Um, I'm sorry but... she would totally blow her nose openly onto the ground if she's outside, too. 🙄😅 She usually only sneezes in singles, with the occasional double. She doesn't get sick very often, maybe once a year at most. Officially she has no allergies, but unofficially, that she would never admit, she's slightly allergic to ragweed. But it mostly makes her itchy, without really giving the relief of sneezing either. She would have a really hard time holding back or stifling, she's had to master it at some point in her career (CIA), but it's definitely not her strong suit and she hates doing it.

Yeah, that's what I have for her. 😅 Carry onnnnnn... 😁

Having finally watched this movie last night, I have to come here to co-sign all of this.  And also add that because she's so used to being outside in the elements, it's incomprehensible to her that getting wet or cold or both could possibly cause an illness for her.  So, like, when it does happen, she's super in denial about it.  Like, "I'm a tough bitch, I've been outside in the winter a million times, it doesn't affect me, so I'm not sick and that's that". (Also, hot damn I love a lady who can kick ass...my goodness...I will be reading your fics in a whole new light!)

14 hours ago, Deuce Williams said:

Ectoplasm as a fetish concept has so many uses 😍 Even just the fact that it acts differently from normal respiratory systems. Allergens getting stuck and he can't get rid of them any easier than a living person could get rid of their own skin. He's in prolonged allergic torture for ages. I love this floating glob of blue jello and his giant nose sjhsdhd

Maybe I'm just projecting my love of holdbacks, but maybe ghosts have a different frame of reference for "a stubborn cold". Since they're all effectively immortal, sickness could potentially last months, especially without a functional immune system

Ever since you said that thing about the ghost world having ghost germs (which was the most genius darn thing I've ever heard), I was thinking...if there are ghost germs, and ghosts can't die...probably the only way to get rid of them is to trap them somewhere they can't cause trouble.  Which probably means they'd been being put into the Flow of Failed Phantoms for a loooong time.  And Spoiler Alert in case anyone is planning to watch this

Spoiler

Now that every ghost has been released from there, and Scratch doesn't seem to keen on putting anyone back in there, there's probably a LOT of ghost germs around as of right now, just infecting ghosts left and right!

Probably, then, the only way for a ghost with a ghost cold to get rid of it is to trap all the germs in some sort of vessel, or transfer all the germs to another ghost and make it their problem, and they can't be healthy again until they do this.  Which could be a really fun concept to play with!

4 hours ago, SleepingPhlox said:

Having finally watched this movie last night, I have to come here to co-sign all of this.  And also add that because she's so used to being outside in the elements, it's incomprehensible to her that getting wet or cold or both could possibly cause an illness for her.  So, like, when it does happen, she's super in denial about it.  Like, "I'm a tough bitch, I've been outside in the winter a million times, it doesn't affect me, so I'm not sick and that's that". (Also, hot damn I love a lady who can kick ass...my goodness...I will be reading your fics in a whole new light!)

Yaaaaaay, it's so fucking good, isn't it??? :yay:  Damn I love your addition too, it fits her perfectly! Hehe, and she's so badass and NGL, that part where she's wearing that vest, towards the end... hooooooly hell that is one hot silvervixen, hehe...! 👀 I've only written that one drabble, but if inspiration and time coincide I might write more. Wouldn't mind reading either in case someone else feels like writing her at some point... 😉 :naughty: 

19 hours ago, SleepingPhlox said:
Spoiler

Now that every ghost has been released from there, and Scratch doesn't seem to keen on putting anyone back in there, there's probably a LOT of ghost germs around as of right now, just infecting ghosts left and right!

Probably, then, the only way for a ghost with a ghost cold to get rid of it is to trap all the germs in some sort of vessel, or transfer all the germs to another ghost and make it their problem, and they can't be healthy again until they do this.  Which could be a really fun concept to play with!

Oooohhhh my brain went on a rampage with this. Trap the germs in a vessel, yes, and who better than to take care of all the released ghost viruses than the person who released them in the first place? What better vessel than his own body? Getting rid of the influx of infection, collecting all the strongest ghost germs in the Afterlife and expelling them into a place where they can be trapped forever? Perhaps through the use of a huge, nose-clearing sneeze? 👀

I just want to watch Scratch blow is that so much to ask

On 6/12/2023 at 8:06 PM, 47Bears said:

if she created a nose or a giantess version of herself, anything that would tickle that nose would make her real body sneeze as well. Also also if she’s using her power and has a tickle in her nose or sneezes then she will accidentally spawn a copy of her nose somewhere, which could lead to more ticklish shenanigans.

I would KILL to see that actually happen in an episode!

• 1 month later...
On 6/15/2023 at 11:48 AM, YiffySneeze said:

My guesses:

Thoughts?

I have to say, as someone who has never had any experience with Warcraft but has recently become enthralled by Sylvanas Windrunner, I appreciate every bit of this post. It's a bit disappointing if undead can't sneeze because I'm definitely captivated by the dark allure of her undead form, to paraphrase things off a wiki article, haha. From the little I've gathered, I think your headcanon for her sneezes sounds pretty accurate. I wish I had more to add, but you've clearly put a lot of thought into it, and you probably have a lot more context then I do.

I'll throw my hat in the ring for Tali'Zorah from Mass Effect. I think she'd have smaller sneezes with no noticeable buildup, and they'd have the same electronically distorted quality as her voice. However, I think she would always try her hardest not to sneeze. If she did, she has no way of stopping herself from sneezing all over the inside of her helmet, and it'd be a pain to have to clean it given that she'd need to go through all the normal routines of a quarian breaking the seal of their suit. That probably means a lot of stifles, so most of the time, you wouldn't hear her sneeze, but you'd see her tense up and everything. Also, for those times where she can't help but sneeze inside of her helmet, I imagine she just has to live with the mess for a while. It's just too inconvenient to stop everything else to go take care of it, and it isn't a big deal in the grand scheme of things. Of course, being a quarian, she gets sick pretty easily, but I don't think she'd be particularly sneezy given how unaggressive her immune system is. Instead, she'd mostly be stuffy, and when she did sneeze, it'd be especially messy and problematic.