Sneeze Fetish Forum

Is sneeze sound at all related to personality?

ConstantlySneezing

I am always amazed at the people who sneeze so loud it sounds like they're screaming, or the people that add what seems to be like a voluntary "Ooooo" to the end of their sneezes.

Are they purposely trying to draw attention to themselves? Would it be fair to assume that they are generally confident and outspoken people in their day-to-day lives?

I've thought about this too and to an extent I feel like yes because people can voluntarily control the volume of their sneezes and yet no because sneezing itself is involuntary and for most people its such a small, insignificant part of their day they probably don't give much thought to it, but perhaps that's means that it truly reveals the self or whatever if its like "what you do in your first instinct is who you naturally are as a person" type idea. Interesting thought

I've been thinking about this too, and I've read some thoughts about this subject here and there on the internet. 😉

I believe one thing we can say for sure: If somebody who sneezes in publlic adds voluntarily a loud "OOOOOO" to their sneeze, or screams out their sneeze with an extra loud voice, I think it's safe to say that person is not shy about their sneezes, and therefore might not be very shy in general. However, I'm sure even a person like that does have their own individual point in their life they don't feel confident about. And also, sometimes people who act as if they were super self-confident and strong, just use that "strong appearance" to hide their shy self.

So, it could be that some people who voluntarily scream and "TCHOOOOO" their sneezes are actually insecure and lonely, and use their exaggerated sneeze sound to draw attention to themselves... ? (Just thinking.)

Then, of course, we are all different people with different natural types of sneezes. Loud, soft, rapid, slow, strong, weak... I think part of it is genetical.
As for me, I have a rather strong, loud sneeze. I don't want to sneeze when I'm around other people, but not because I'm embarrassed about the sound - on the contrary, I love my strong sneeze (yeah, I know that's vain to say, but I can't help it, that's the way I feel 😊 ), but I don't want people to notice I sneeze. Sometimes, when I'm at home and I sneeze with the window open, I'm worried that somebody outside might yell "GESUNDHEIT!" at me. 🤣 I would be like, Help!! Somebody actually witnessed my sneezing! 😱

So, in my case, I'm a very loud sneezer but without wishing to draw somebody's attention. On the contrary. A loud sneeze in a totally silent room... with nobody there... How wonderful! 😊

I think there when we're talking about naturally loud sneezes in which the volume is uncontrollable that isn't necessarily correlative to personality: some people just have a naturally louder sneeze by no effect or influence of their own. But then there are the sneezes that are overly exaggerated, theatrical, and "cartoonish"  in nature. I have coined the latter "Big dad sneeze" (because it seems to be pervasive among dads) and those I think are perhaps a little more correlative to personality because they're extending it from it's normal state to something bigger and more grandiose. At that point, it's a performance for one reason or another. There are definitely certain personalities that I witness that just scream to me "Big Dad Sneeze" energy and that I would bet dollars to doughnuts sneeze in that manner. 

Honestly I have know idea. I think though definitely to some extent. People who are more reserved and worried about bothering people will generally try to stifle or sneeze quieter in public where others might not care as much.

Yea, I guess that there are people who are glad about every opportunity to draw attention to themselves, as silly as it may be.

My sneeze is not like screaming but can’t help its volume. When I muffle or hold in sneezes quiet, my nose still feel itchy and not like satisfying, so I just let it out. For me, I believe people generally don’t have fetish or pay attention to sneezes, so I look away and sneeze naturally in public. When I need to sneeze in front of friends and family that’s embarrassing. I don’t feel myself confident and outspoken though I live as myself and sneeze that I feel oddly refreshIng.

• 2 months later...