Sneeze Fetish Forum

Am I catching a summer cold? 🀧🀧😭😭

Italiangirl

Guys, it's so weird...

Every few days I feel like I'm getting a cold but then it just goes away and it turns out to be nothing.

But this time, I think it's more likely that I'm actually coming down with something...

So, it all started yesterday afternoon, like at 04:30 pm or so, when I started getting a sore throat.

I was in a bus where the air was really dry, plus I'd been talking nonstop (and loudly) all day, so I thought nothing of it.

Usually when I'm catching a cold the sore throat starts out as mild but then gets progressively worse. This time though, it started out pretty bad.

I wasn't exactly careful not to make it worse, because I did a lot of singing later in the day (I know, that was so stupid of me), so it obviously got worse in the evening.

After dinner I felt fine and my throat felt better too, so that made me think it was actually just from all the talking and the singing.

But all of a sudden I started getting this intense tickle in my nose that just wouldn't go away...

I couldn't hold it back like I usually do, so I stifled it and it was almost completely silent.

After a while, my nose was still itchy and I noticed I was getting sniffly: I thought it was my allergies but it was a different "sniffliness" than the one I get with allergies...

I don't really know how to explain it, the sniffliness I get from a cold is less "manageable", it feels less wet and stuffier if it makes sense.

And that's exactly how it felt, so I started to get a little suspicious.

I went to the bathroom, tore off some toilet paper and blew my nose: it felt unproductive (oh no, not a good sign 😭😭) but actually it stopped the sniffliness. 

I say it's not a good sign as when I blow my nose from allergies it always sounds very wet and gurgly, while when I have a cold I get this "dry congestion" and when I blow my nose it just doesn't do anything, it just moves the congestion around in my nose and it doesn't feel like it helps to clear it!Β 

I looked at the toilet paper afterwards and it was pretty wet: the snot was clear and watery, but there wasn't much.

Then, soon the tickle in my nose intensified and I sneezed again: it caught me off guard so I covered my nose with the back of my hand.

And it really felt like a cold sneeze: it was so sudden and I couldn't really prepare for it (so I couldn't stifle it either), while usually my allergy sneezes are preceeded by long build-ups.

Also, it sounded "heavy", forceful, snotty and harsh, which is exactly how my cold sneezes feel like and I got snot all over my hand trying to cover it!

My allergy sneezes are quite different: they sound more desperate, loud and wet. Also, they usually come in pairs/fits, while my cold sneezes come in singles/doubles (but mainly singles).

I sneezed again later on and it was always the same type of coming-down-with-a-cold sneeze... 😬😬

I took an antihistamine to try and see if it worked: that's how I know if I'm catching a cold during allergy season.

If the antihistamine works, it's allergies and if it doesn't...Β 

Well, then I'm pretty sure I'm getting a lovely spring/summer cold...

And guess what? I don't think it worked! πŸ˜…πŸ˜…

This morning I woke up with my right nostril feeling quite stuffy so I started sniffling to clear it, but to no avail (which is another sign of a cold, the congestion which doesn't go away even if I sniffle away)...

I noticed a mild sore throat too (it's better than yesterday but it's definitely still there).

Also, a few minutes ago while typing this a tickle began to blossom in the back of my sinuses and I sneezed again: it sounded very harsh but this time it wasn't as messy. I covered it with the back of my hand again but this time I could only feel the spray, no actual sticky snot involved.

I'm not good at spelling sneezes, but it sounded like "Huhtssshoo!!".Β 

Again, it felt pretty congested and heavy...

It cleared my nose though, so I'm not sniffly anymore.

Oops, I've just sneezed again πŸ˜…πŸ˜…

Very harsh and wet, not very vocal: "Uttssssh!" Again, lots of spray but no snot. My nose is still very itchy though!

I really hope I'm not getting sick as summer colds suck but honestly it's looking that way 😬😬

I will keep you updated!Β 

Tiny update: I was really tired so I wanted to go back to sleep for a bit.

It was very difficult to fall asleep as my right nostril got all stuffed up again and my sore throat is getting worse.

I think I managed to sleep for a little while, but I woke up to my right nostril feeling even more bunged up.

The left one is clear but now I'm all sniffly once again and my nose is still annoyingly itchy 🀧🀧

I'm really starting to think I won't be that lucky this time and it will turn into a proper cold soon...

Oh no! 😭😭

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Edited by Italiangirl
  • Italiangirl changed the title to Am I catching a summer cold? 🀧🀧😭😭
4 hours ago, Italiangirl said:

Guys, it's so weird...

Every few days I feel like I'm getting a cold but then it just goes away and it turns out to be nothing.

But this time, I think it's more likely that I'm actually coming down with something...

So, it all started yesterday afternoon, like at 04:30 pm or so, when I started getting a sore throat.

I was in a bus where the air was really dry, plus I'd been talking nonstop (and loudly) all day, so I thought nothing of it.

Usually when I'm catching a cold the sore throat starts out as mild but then gets progressively worse. This time though, it started out pretty bad.

I wasn't exactly careful not to make it worse, because I did a lot of singing later in the day (I know, that was so stupid of me), so it obviously got worse in the evening.

After dinner I felt fine and my throat felt better too, so that made me think it was actually just from all the talking and the singing.

But all of a sudden I started getting this intense tickle in my nose that just wouldn't go away...

I couldn't hold it back like I usually do, so I stifled it and it was almost completely silent.

After a while, my nose was still itchy and I noticed I was getting sniffly: I thought it was my allergies but it was a different "sniffliness" than the one I get with allergies...

I don't really know how to explain it, the sniffliness I get from a cold is less "manageable", it feels less wet and stuffier if it makes sense.

And that's exactly how it felt, so I started to get a little suspicious.

I went to the bathroom, tore off some toilet paper and blew my nose: it felt unproductive (oh no, not a good sign 😭😭) but actually it stopped the sniffliness. 

I say it's not a good sign as when I blow my nose from allergies it always sounds very wet and gurgly, while when I have a cold I get this "dry congestion" and when I blow my nose it just doesn't do anything, it just moves the congestion around in my nose and it doesn't feel like it helps to clear it!Β 

I looked at the toilet paper afterwards and it was pretty wet: the snot was clear and watery, but there wasn't much.

Then, soon the tickle in my nose intensified and I sneezed again: it caught me off guard so I covered my nose with the back of my hand.

And it really felt like a cold sneeze: it was so sudden and I couldn't really prepare for it (so I couldn't stifle it either), while usually my allergy sneezes are preceeded by long build-ups.

Also, it sounded "heavy", forceful, snotty and harsh, which is exactly how my cold sneezes feel like and I got snot all over my hand trying to cover it!

My allergy sneezes are quite different: they sound more desperate, loud and wet. Also, they usually come in pairs/fits, while my cold sneezes come in singles/doubles (but mainly singles).

I sneezed again later on and it was always the same type of coming-down-with-a-cold sneeze... 😬😬

I took an antihistamine to try and see if it worked: that's how I know if I'm catching a cold during allergy season.

If the antihistamine works, it's allergies and if it doesn't...Β 

Well, then I'm pretty sure I'm getting a lovely spring/summer cold...

And guess what? I don't think it worked! πŸ˜…πŸ˜…

This morning I woke up with my right nostril feeling quite stuffy so I started sniffling to clear it, but to no avail (which is another sign of a cold, the congestion which doesn't go away even if I sniffle away)...

I noticed a mild sore throat too (it's better than yesterday but it's definitely still there).

Also, a few minutes ago while typing this a tickle began to blossom in the back of my sinuses and I sneezed again: it sounded very harsh but this time it wasn't as messy. I covered it with the back of my hand again but this time I could only feel the spray, no actual sticky snot involved.

I'm not good at spelling sneezes, but it sounded like "Huhtssshoo!!".Β 

Again, it felt pretty congested and heavy...

It cleared my nose though, so I'm not sniffly anymore.

Oops, I've just sneezed again πŸ˜…πŸ˜…

Very harsh and wet, not very vocal: "Uttssssh!" Again, lots of spray but no snot. My nose is still very itchy though!

I really hope I'm not getting sick as summer colds suck but honestly it's looking that way 😬😬

I will keep you updated!Β 

Tiny update: I was really tired so I wanted to go back to sleep for a bit.

It was very difficult to fall asleep as my right nostril got all stuffed up again and my sore throat is getting worse.

I think I managed to sleep for a little while, but I woke up to my right nostril feeling even more bunged up.

The left one is clear but now I'm all sniffly once again and my nose is still annoyingly itchy 🀧🀧

I'm really starting to think I won't be that lucky this time and it will turn into a proper cold soon...

Oh no! 😭😭

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Sorry to hear that you're not feeling well, hope you feel better soon!Β  I can attest to the types of nose blows you have when you have allergies....mine are quite gurgly and productive as well!

Sounds like a summer cold but who knows. I feel like that today like what a did a few days ago, I've only sneezed acouple of times but I've blown my nose alot, so much so that I've used 5 handkerchiefs already.

Hope that you get well soon

Edited by Hankyrick

Update: yesterday, a little while after I got up all of my symptoms eased up so πŸ€·β€β™€οΈπŸ€·β€β™€οΈ

It's the next day and I've just woken up with a bit of a tickly, stuffy nose again but I usually get morning congestion so it could be that or my hayfever.Β 

I swear this is really confusing!

It's so weird because it felt EXACTLY like the start of a cold!

So maybe it is a cold but it's very mild?? Who knows!Β 

3 minutes ago, Italiangirl said:

Update: yesterday, a little while after I got up all of my symptoms eased up so πŸ€·β€β™€οΈπŸ€·β€β™€οΈ

It's the next day and I've just woken up with a bit of a tickly, stuffy nose again but I usually get morning congestion so it could be that or my hayfever.Β 

I swear this is really confusing!

It's so weird because it felt EXACTLY like the start of a cold!

So maybe it is a cold but it's very mild?? Who knows!Β 

Thats exactly like my nose, tickly and stuffy.

Update: today I woke up to my right nostril feeling completely stuffed up again and it wouldn't go away even though I was sniffling like crazy: it felt even more blocked than the day before.

I also noticed that I had a slight congested voice (nothing too noticeable though).

Not only that, I didn't have like a constant itch in my nose but I did get the occasional tickle which was really strong and it led to 3 singles (in the span of like an hour or so with a 20 minute gap between each other), which sounded like a mixture between my cold sneezes and my hayfever ones: they were very harsh and heavy but also pretty loud and wet.

I took an antihistamine because I had a lot of stuff to do today and I just didn't have time to deal with my nose.

It did work but not as well as it usually does.

Now I feel pretty fine and my nose is clear but it's still a little itchy.

Still not entirely sure about what's going on but I think I might have caught a really mild cold and I also definitely have allergies on top of it.

That would explain the sneezes that feel like cold sneezes, the sore throat I had the other day and my antihistamine working only partially.

But it's definitely allergies as well as it gets worse when I go outside and as I get a tickly nose.Β 

Edited by Italiangirl

Update: Definitely caught a small summer cold.

It's really really mild though: I always wake up to my right nostril completely stuffed up (idk why but it's ALWAYS my right nostril, never the left one) but after a whole lot of sniffling the congestion eventually goes away before lunch.

Then later in the day I'm only a little bit sniffly and I occasionally get a bit of a tickly nose and a few scattered harsh, ridiculously wet sneezes here and there but nothing too crazy.

Honestly, it's a rather enjoyable cold tbh.

I'm not feeling bad and I'm not congested, my nose is just a bit more sensitive than usual and I'm a little sneezy so honestly as long as it stays like this I'm totally okay with that hahahaha

I rarely get mild, enjoyable colds like this so I'm glad it's not too bad!Β 

7 minutes ago, Italiangirl said:

Update: Definitely caught a small summer cold.

It's really really mild though: I always wake up to my right nostril completely stuffed up (idk why but it's ALWAYS my right nostril, never the left one) but after a whole lot of sniffling the congestion eventually goes away before lunch.

Then later in the day I'm only a little bit sniffly and I occasionally get a bit of a tickly nose and a few scattered harsh, ridiculously wet sneezes here and there but nothing too crazy.

Honestly, it's a rather enjoyable cold tbh.

I'm not feeling bad and I'm not congested, my nose is just a bit more sensitive than usual and I'm a little sneezy so honestly as long as it stays like this I'm totally okay with that hahahaha

I rarely get mild, enjoyable colds like this so I'm glad it's not too bad!Β 

Have you been blowing your nose a lot with this cold?Β  Have you had more gurgly blows or honking blows?

hopefully you're cold isn't TOO bad and you can actually enjoy it a bit, haha! make sure to keep those tissues handy! bless you in advance!Β 

6 hours ago, Jeff said:

Have you been blowing your nose a lot with this cold?Β  Have you had more gurgly blows or honking blows?

No, not much.

I think I actually blew my nose once but it was pretty unproductive even though it helped to clear my nose.

Colds have no season in my house, now that we have a child in daycare. We average a 7 day illness every 3 weeks or so, no joke. I have one right now, super stuffy and miserable. Can’t blow anything out. Can’t take many meds because I’m still breastfeeding my youngest.Β 
Β 

Sorry you’re not feeling well, we can be miserable together!Β 

3 hours ago, peach2218 said:

Can’t blow anything out....

Bless you, that sounds frustrating (you and Italiangirl do sound too be in the same situation there).

Hope you don't mind me asking, but do you often struggle to do a good nose-blow? Or is it just that this cold has your nasal membranes so swollen you can't "find a way through" however you try?

Hope you can get a good clear-out for a bit of relief soon.

1 hour ago, Rick said:

Bless you, that sounds frustrating (you and Italiangirl do sound too be in the same situation there).

Hope you don't mind me asking, but do you often struggle to do a good nose-blow? Or is it just that this cold has your nasal membranes so swollen you can't "find a way through" however you try?

Hope you can get a good clear-out for a bit of relief soon.

Luckily I'm not that congested at the moment, I said it's a pretty enjoyable cold.

But usually when I get a cold I'm completely stuffed up and I ALWAYS struggle to blow my nose.

Knowing how nasal congestion works (scientifically speaking, even though I'm not a doctor 🀣🀣), it's probably hard to blow your nose because of various reasons:

1) Excessive production of mucus

2) Swollen nasal passages, as you said, that creates that "all clogged up" feeling

3) At a certain stage of a cold, the mucus gets thicker than it should be so it's harder to remove.

In fact, our nose always produces a certain amount of mucus, even when we're not sick, but it doesn't bother us as it's not thick and it's not too much. But, when you get sick or have bad allergies, our body produces "too much" (and thick) mucus to get rid of the virus/irritant and it gets uncomfortable.Β 

That's why they always suggest to try and loosen it up to make it easier to blow it all out.

Unfortunately though, when I get a bad cold these remedies only work for a few minutes or so and then my nose stuffs right back up.Β 

Luckily as I said I'm not struggling with this cold as I'm only a bit sniffly, never that congested.

Β 

5 hours ago, peach2218 said:

Colds have no season in my house, now that we have a child in daycare. We average a 7 day illness every 3 weeks or so, no joke. I have one right now, super stuffy and miserable. Can’t blow anything out. Can’t take many meds because I’m still breastfeeding my youngest.Β 
Β 

I'm so sorry you're feeling so miserable!

I hope you feel better soon!

Luckily, as I said before, mine is a very mild, enjoyable cold at the moment.

But I totally know how you feel!

I usually get the worst, stuffiest colds!

Β 

Update: yesterday, when it was really late at night and I was already in bed, I suddenly got a really strong tickle in my nose.

Everyone was asleep in my house so I didn't wanna wake anyone up! I tried so hard to hold it back but to no avail: after a short build-up, I sneezed about 6/7 times into the back of my hand!

They weren't like one after the other, there was a small gap in between each sneeze.

I stifled all of them until they were almost silent (they kinda sounded like "hunxxxtccch!"), but one of them was very messy and there was snot all over my face!

I didn't have any tissues so I had to wipe it away with the back of my hand/sniffle it up.

That sneeze made both nostrils stuffy for a while, but as I said I didn't have any tissues so I was left sniffling a whole lot.

Today I woke up about 20 minutes ago and my allergies are definitely acting up: I can tell it's allergies as my ear and my palate itch.

I already sneezed 3 times (always wet stifles into the back of my hand) and my right nostril is pretty stuffed up, as usual when I wake up in the morning lately, so I'm sniffling a lot.

Now I'm not sneezing anymore but my nose is still tickly and every time I sniffle the itch intensifies.

My really mild cold is probably contributing to the stuffiness, but I think it's mainly allergies today...

Also, I'm still feeling okay! Luckily I don't feel miserable as of now.Β 

Edited by Italiangirl

Update: today I woke up feeling fine, I just had a bit of a tickly nose from my allergies, so I think I can safely say I officially got over my small summer cold!

My allergies are still bothering me though and I've been very sneezy today!

Loads of harsh, wet and loud allergy sneezes throughout the day! Mostly singles but also a few doubles here and there.

I didn't even try to stifle them but I covered them into the crook of my elbow. Every sneeze left me sniffly for a bit.

Lots of spray but no actual snot coming out.

Also, my nose has been feeling pretty tickly too!Β 

Β 

Β 

Edited by Italiangirl
On 6/26/2023 at 7:00 PM, CΓ©line said:

I love having sneezy colds and inducing with chhinkni the sneezes feel so liberating

Thats definitely like me @CΓ©line. Also using chhinkni I like but I have to use tissues after to blow into or ill mess my hankies up.

11 hours ago, Hankyrick said:

Thats definitely like me @CΓ©line. Also using chhinkni I like but I have to use tissues after to blow into or ill mess my hankies up.

Messed up jankys are the best πŸ₯°

2 hours ago, CΓ©line said:

Messed up jankys are the best πŸ₯°

Shame you haven't got kik, I'd have sent you a pic of my messed up hankies of last week and this week so far 🀧😍🀧😍🀧😍

I'm also having a summer cold right now. My nose is stuffy and I need to sneeze occasionally. What is worrying me is the itchy throat and cough that's bothering me since tonight. I do hope it's not morphing into bronchitis or sorts.Β 

Bless you and get well soon. I do hope your cold is leaving you soon. It's not nice to be sick while summer is shining.Β