Sneeze Fetish Forum

Professor Layton drabbles

Femilloween77

Hello everyone ❤️ 

As I've mentioned elsewhere before, I've been really into the Professor Layton series lately, but since I don't have the time to write a full-blown fanfic I thought I'd try my hand at some drabbles!

As a quick disclaimer, these drabbles will most likely contain spoilers. I'm open to scenario or character requests, but please note that I've only played the games up to The Last Specter, so I won't be able to write about characters that appear later in the franchise. Anyway, enjoy!

Femi ❤️ 

Drabble 1 – Hay fever – Claire (ClairexLayton)

Claire had checked her watch twice at the last minute. She knew she'd arrived at the restaurant way too early and that Hershel would be as punctual as he always was, but she couldn't help but feel a little anxious not to see him there already. They had decided to try to go on a first date together. But... what if he had changed his mind? And didn't show up at all? What if things went too fast for his taste? Or too slow?

These thoughts had been swirling in her head for the past twenty minutes until finally, the door to the restaurant opened. Its crackling sound stopped her train of thought, and her heart jumped a little at the sight of the man entering. There he was! And... quite handsome. She had never seen him wear that tie before. It looked a bit old-fashioned, like most of what Hershel wore, but she rather liked his unique way of dressing.

The wide smile that had graced her face faded a bit when she noticed what he was carrying. It was a large, carefully arranged bouquet of gorgeous roses that he offered her as soon as he sat down at her table. While Claire's heart was deeply touched by this kind gesture and wanted to thank him profusely, her nose didn't take it so well... and began to tickle. Flowers had always had a tendency to make her sneeze, and roses were, unfortunately, no exception. She tried to breathe as slowly as possible to avoid getting too much pollen into her sensitive nose, but the smell of the roses was too... overwhelming. She did her best to concentrate on what Hershel was saying and, to her own surprise, managed to hold back for a good three minutes. But as she knew would happen, the need to sneeze eventually became too strong to resist, and Claire soon felt like she was about to give in.

"I'm s-sorry, Hershel," she stammered, her breath already catching, "but... huh... I'm afraid these roses are bo... heeh! they're... they're bothering my nose a bit..."

"Are they? Oh, Claire, I'm the one who should apologize. Are you all right?"

"Y-yes! It's nuuuhh... nothing! Just... aah... aahh! Ahh!! Axxchiuu! Axchiuu-chiuu-chiu! I should have told you that I... I have... aaxxchiuuu! I have hay fever..." she blurted out with a few sniffles.

"Here, let me take them off you."

"Plea-hih... hih! Itxxchiu! Itxcchu! Please..."

Claire hastily handed him the bouquet. She wished she could have kept the flowers, for they were such a delicate gift from him, and she could tell he had picked them with the utmost care... but their scent, as wonderful as it was, was a little too strong for her poor nose. She felt immediate relief in her nostrils when Hershel took them away from their table, though the tip of her nose continued to prickle a little.

"Is that any better, dearest?" Hershel asked as he settled back into his seat.

"Much better, thank you. It was a beautiful gift, Hershel, I assure you. Sorry, I ruined your surprise..."

"You ruined nothing at all, my dear. I will remember to stick to chocolate next time we meet."

"You mean... there will be a next time?" Claire said, feeling herself blush at the mere suggestion.

"Of course. As long as you want it too, naturally." He said, his eyes twinkling a little.

Claire's heart swelled in her chest as Layton took her hand in his, shyly caressing her palm with his thumb. Well," she thought, "if anyone had told me this could be the result of an allergy attack, I would have stopped holding back eons ago!’

I know a little bit about this fandom, not a heck of a lot, but even so I loved reading this!  It's a perfect little short story that takes you on a journey in such a short space of time - you set the scene and the mood so perfectly in the beginning, and then when the sneezes come it's so perfectly sweet.

Hope you get the inspiration to post a few more of these, this was so much fun to read!

Drabble 2 – Dust – Emmy

Emmy had no time to waste. Professor Layton and little Luke were waiting for her to bring back important documents to Misthallery so that they could solve the mystery of Mr. Barde's death. Detective Groski had been generous enough to offer her a look at Scotland Yard's archives, and she was now sifting through the mountains of files kept in the basement. She'd been at it for a few minutes, alongside Detectives Groski and Chelmey, who had offered their help.

"Barde... Barde..." she whispered repeatedly as she checked the name of each file, pushing the useless ones aside. Emmy acted as quickly as she could, not only because she was in a real hurry to get back to Misthallery, but also because she didn't want to spend any more time than absolutely necessary in such a dusty place.

Not that she was allergic to dust or anything like that! Her nose definitely didn't bother her that much at all! Everything was under control. Her nose was just a bit runny. And stuffy. And maybe even a little itchy but nothing too bad!

She sniffed once. Twice. And then many, many times. Oh boy, each sniffle made her nose tickle a little more, but there was no way she would even consider blowing her nose in front of the detectives. Absolutely no way. So she kept looking for the file, rubbing her nose frantically whenever the itch threatened to turn into a sneeze.

"I'm not going to sneeze, I'm not going to sneeze - I just can't!"

She kept reminding herself as she felt the tickle grow more insistent. Every sniffle, every gasping breath brought more dust into her nose, and her hands were covered in it, so she had to resist rubbing her nostrils. Urgh, why now?! Why did this never happen in the comfort of her own home, where she could have a sneezing fit with no witnesses? Soon she had to take a break in her search. She closed her eyes and focused all her attention on her nose, trying to force her nostrils to stop flaring by sheer force of will.

‘You can do it, Emmy. You can resist this. Hold it back. Just hold it back!’

But it seemed to be too late. The tickle teased the tip of her nose, ready to explode out of her.

"Huuhh... guhhuhh.. huh!"

She was so close! Too close... but there was no way she was going to let them out, she wouldn't let the dust take over, absolutely no wa-

"Aha! There they are! I found the files, lady!" She heard Chelmey shout from the back of the storeroom. She felt a rush of excitement run through her veins - and make her lose control.

"Guuuh-Huuuuh! HUUH! EEH! ETCHOOOOOO! ECHIOOOOOOO! ECHO! ECHOOOOOOM!"

"You know, a 'thank you, Detective' would have sufficed."

Emmy gave him a death glare. Or at least she intended to, because a building sneeze was already forcing her eyes to close and her head to tilt.

"Guuh... huuuh... huuuuh!"

Urgh… she really, really needed to do something about this dust problem...

I didn't know how much I needed this! Professor Layton is my absolute favorite game. Thank you for doing this! It's really amazing! ❤️

Oh, I missed this when you first posted it!  You are so GOOD at short stories.  You're so descriptive, but also so concise, it's a real skill.  And this was so, so yummy with the dust, and the trying to resist the urge, and finally giving in.  And the way it ends on a tease!  I love reading your work, you are so good at this.

On 6/26/2023 at 4:07 PM, Agaba said:

I didn't know how much I needed this! Professor Layton is my absolute favorite game. Thank you for doing this! It's really amazing! ❤️

Aww, that is so sweet, thank you so much for reading! Professor Layton is my favorite game too :)

11 hours ago, SleepingPhlox said:

Oh, I missed this when you first posted it!  You are so GOOD at short stories.  You're so descriptive, but also so concise, it's a real skill.  And this was so, so yummy with the dust, and the trying to resist the urge, and finally giving in.  And the way it ends on a tease!  I love reading your work, you are so good at this.

Ever so kind SleepingPhlox! I love your fanfics and way of writing too, so I take it as a great compliment coming from you ❤️ 

Drabble 3 – Hay Fever – Claire (ClairexLayton)

Claire remembered a long time ago when Hershel had asked her why she had chosen to major in physics. Had she been completely true to herself in college, Claire probably would have chosen biology instead. She had always been deeply interested in learning how the process of evolution worked, and she was fascinated by the idea that species were constantly finding new ways to better adapt to their environment. She would have loved to spend hours studying new specimens of insects and mammals, learning more about nature's most intricate mysteries. Unfortunately, biology also involved the study of plants, and that, on the other hand...

Achiuh!! Ah-ah! Achu!

Well, that didn't sit well with her nose. Claire had suffered from pollen allergies most of her life, and her hay fever had taken a turn for the worse when she arrived at college, so she thought it better to leave biology aside. She quickly moved on to another of her passions, naming quantum physics and mechanics.

Now, as she sat in the front yard of the university waiting for Hershel to finish his last class of the day, she felt grateful to have chosen a major and a job that allowed her to stay indoors most of the time. Pollen sure knew how to tease her sensitive nostrils, and she couldn't quite shake the tickle that had invaded them the moment she'd sat outside.

Hiitchiu! Tchiuh! Tchuu... ah-Ah! CHU! Urgh...

"Bless you, dear."

Claire jumped at the sound of Hershel's voice. She had been so busy trying to stifle those sneezes, her nose buried deep in a handkerchief, that she hadn't heard him approach.

"Oh! Thank you, Hershel! Sorry for the lack of a warmer welcome, but the s-spring air... Atchuu! Oh, dear, as you can see, it's... it's a-aahh-ffecting my nose... achuu! Tchuu! Aaah-Chu... quite a lot today." She said, trying to give her nose a gentle, quiet blow.

"I think we should get you to the car as soon as possible, then. Perhaps a nice cup of spicy tea would help, too?" He suggested with a friendly smile.

"I'm sure it could," she nodded as she took the arm he offered. "I appreciate the offer. You're certainly a true gentleman, dear Hershel."

She snuggled closer and smiled when he didn't push her away, knowing all too well how shy he still was. She felt safe with him, always so sure that he would enjoy her company no matter what she did... or how sneezy she felt.

"Ah-aH!...aahh-CHU!!!

Drabble 4 – Pepper – Emmy

Emmy ran as fast as she could through the crowded streets of Misthallery. Every hurried step brought her closer to that mysterious shadow, that Black Raven, who held the key to Misthallery's black market. She wouldn't be able to solve the mystery of the last Specter if she didn't find a way to that market! She had to get her hands on the Raven!

Fortunately, she was quite resilient, and she could tell that the shadow was getting tired. It tried to find a way out, but Emmy was now too close for lose its trail. She was almost there! All she had to do now was speed up a bit, jump on the Raven and keep it on the ground while the Professor and Luke caught up with her! Almost there, almost-

Just as she was about to grab the Shadow's cloak, it turned and blew a dark cloud of a black substance right into Emmy's face. It brought a dead stop to her chase for, now, her whole face felt like it was burning.

"P-pepper? Wh... W-whyaah-aHH! AHH!"

But Emmy knew why. Her eyes immediately began to water, making her vision too blurry to run after the Raven. A strong urge to sneeze was building up in her nose. She barely had time to bring a finger to her nostrils before she succumbed to a sneezing fit that left her unable to concentrate on anything else. She heard the Raven's mocking laughter as it ran away.

"ACHOOOO! EH-tchoo-tCHOO! ETCHOOOOOOOOO!"

Emmy's sneezes had always been a bit loud and dramatic, and she made no attempt to stifle them as her nose desperately needed to blow out the pepper. Unfortunately, those powerful sneezes weren't enough to get rid of the tickle. Gosh, she was so sneezy! This had to stop now! She couldn't just stay here, sneezing her head off and letting the Raven go - it wasn't worthy of Professor Layton's assistant! She fought to keep her eyes open a little and take a few steps forwards, but the tickle was just too strong. Emmy gave in to another sneezing fit.

"ECHUUH!! ECHOOO-ECHOOO-ECHOOOOOO!!! EH-EHH-ECHIIOO!!"

"Miss Emmy!" she heard Luke, followed by the professor.

"I-I almost haa-TCHO! Had him! H-he was so cloo-uuh! So closuutcHOOO!" she tried to explain, pointing in the direction she had last seen him.

"Emmy, are you okay?" the professor asked with a distinctly worried tone.

"Pe-ETCHOO! Pepper..." was all she could say as she hurried to grab the handkerchief Luke was handing her.

"That, I can see, your face is positively covered with it. Poor dear, it must burn terribly," the professor added as he gently touched her shoulder. "We'd better get back to the hotel so you can wash it off as soon as possible."

"Bud… The Raved!" she cried, embarrassed at how stuffy she sounded by now.

"That is not our most pressing problem at the moment. But don't worry, we'll be back on his trail in no time."

Emmy would have protested a bit more, but she felt like other sneezes were already threatening to come out. She had to admit that the professor was right. But this would not be her last word! Soon the Raven would see what Emmy Altava was really made of, she swore!

And two more awesome new additions! In #3 the idea of someone having to choose what to study based on their hayfever is too delicious (and it seems like her hayfever gets the better of her anyway, which is even more delicious!)  And then in #4, what a clever scenario.  Using pepper as a defense mechanism to evade capture, I love it!

oh my GOD ... i absolutely LOVE the professor layton games, this is simply amazing. thank you so much for sharing!!! ❤️

Oh this is wonderful. So cute and sweet. Amazing description of the sneezes. Love the different spellings.