Sneeze Fetish Forum

DND newcomer

Dawsio

So, there's a chance in the future that I'll be joining a DND group, and a chance to DM my own game. The thing is, I have very little experience playing it and even less with DMing. Is there a way to learn the ropes and see how others play, or a way to test out if it's alright for me?

13 hours ago, Dawsio said:

So, there's a chance in the future that I'll be joining a DND group, and a chance to DM my own game. The thing is, I have very little experience playing it and even less with DMing. Is there a way to learn the ropes and see how others play, or a way to test out if it's alright for me?

Ur role playing with fetishist havent done that with dnd sounds interesting make sure to let me know hot it went

Assuming you mean normal D&D, the easiest ways would be to find your nearest role playing club, check out your closest gaming store as they often run campaigns onsite, or search YouTube for footage of other people’s D&D campaigns.

I would definitely recommend playing it for quite some time before DMing yourself. I found as a novice DM that it can be really challenging to run a campaign when all the other players are far more experienced. That said, DMing a campaign for novice players had its own set of difficulties: either the players needing a lot of guidance and increasing g my workload, or occasionally players running rampant and derailing the game.

It sounds like the easiest thing will be to join the group you already know about. Don’t worry about whether you make mistakes. We all do. Experienced players and a good DM should help you find your feet until you get the hang of it. No one is born knowing this stuff!

Good luck, and let us know how you go!

I'm really just planning on normal DnD. There's a game store nearby that I've been waiting to check out, it's just got really weird hours.