Sneeze Fetish Forum

Anyone sneeze so forcefully they hurt their throat?

sneezefan222

I feel like when I sneeze at full power I usually end up hurting my throat.  The pain lasts for about 15-20 minutes and then back to normal.  Anyone else have this problem??

Oh definitely, throaty sneezes hurt and they kinda kill is satisfaction of a sneeze for me. It's usually when I do a big airy and dry loud sneeze when this happens. 

I can’t say I’ve had this problem, but it’s possibly a consequence of either: 

1) your sneezes mostly coming out through your mouth, rather equally from your nose and mouth, or just your nose,

2) a side effect of taking a very deep breath before sneezing, (or perhaps just having a very large lung capacity,)

3) an infection,

4) post nasal drip, especially if you have allergies,

5) acid reflux,

6) trying to suppress the sneezes, or

7) a dentist on Quora said “you may have a thin or long vellum at the back of the roof of your mouth. This is soft tissue that seals the nasal passages from incoming food when swallowing. Sometimes it is just “flappy.” You may also be snoring and have sleep apnea.” They also advise that if pain on sneezing is a recent occurrence it’s a good idea to get it checked out.

58 minutes ago, solitaire-au said:

I can’t say I’ve had this problem, but it’s possibly a consequence of either: 

1) your sneezes mostly coming out through your mouth, rather equally from your nose and mouth, or just your nose,

2) a side effect of taking a very deep breath before sneezing, (or perhaps just having a very large lung capacity,)

3) an infection,

4) post nasal drip, especially if you have allergies,

5) acid reflux,

6) trying to suppress the sneezes, or

7) a dentist on Quora said “you may have a thin or long vellum at the back of the roof of your mouth. This is soft tissue that seals the nasal passages from incoming food when swallowing. Sometimes it is just “flappy.” You may also be snoring and have sleep apnea.” They also advise that if pain on sneezing is a recent occurrence it’s a good idea to get it checked out.

@solitaire-au it’s not necessarily pain but more dryness and discomfort.  And it goes away fairly quickly.  Thank You again for the information.  I don’t think I’ll change my sneezes because of it though.  Having that feeling is very satisfying to me 😁

When I induce too much, sometimes I hurt my throat (not that bad but still uncomfortable)