Sneeze Fetish Forum

Striking out…

sneezefan222

Idk why but I feel like I haven’t made anywhere near the friends I wanted to when I joined the forum.  Maybe it’s just because it’s summer or 4th of July but I fell like less and less members are talking to each other.  What do you guys think? 

As someone who’s lurked on the forum for many years but only joined relatively recently, sometimes it does feel like it’s not nearly as active as it used to be. However, since I wasn’t an actual member then or anything, I suppose I wouldn’t know for sure lol. But sometimes it is bittersweet when you see threads upon threads of people talking about the fandoms/things you’re into only to see that it was archived and from 2014 :’)

All of the friendships I've made here have been over time-maybe a few friendly encounters in various posts before realising we click, or talking to someone because we like the same fandom and realising we like each other as people too.  Sometimes I reach out or someone reaches out to me and its not the right time to put the time into properly cultivating a conversation or it just doesn't work.  Sometimes I think I have  nothing in common with someone and we end up vibing with each other hard.

The forum is a microcosm of the real world in many ways and that's one of them.  We all like sneezing but we are all very different individuals.  Friendships are sure to form organically if you give it time.

3 hours ago, SleepingPhlox said:

All of the friendships I've made here have been over time-maybe a few friendly encounters in various posts before realising we click, or talking to someone because we like the same fandom and realising we like each other as people too.  Sometimes I reach out or someone reaches out to me and its not the right time to put the time into properly cultivating a conversation or it just doesn't work.  Sometimes I think I have  nothing in common with someone and we end up vibing with each other hard.

The forum is a microcosm of the real world in many ways and that's one of them.  We all like sneezing but we are all very different individuals.  Friendships are sure to form organically if you give it time.

That’s what I should be thinking @SleepingPhlox Thank You 

7 hours ago, -lilac- said:

As someone who’s lurked on the forum for many years but only joined relatively recently, sometimes it does feel like it’s not nearly as active as it used to be. However, since I wasn’t an actual member then or anything, I suppose I wouldn’t know for sure lol. But sometimes it is bittersweet when you see threads upon threads of people talking about the fandoms/things you’re into only to see that it was archived and from 2014 :’)

I completely agree.  Seeing threads that were popular when we were teenagers become ghost towns now is surreal. 

5 hours ago, sneezefan222 said:

That’s what I should be thinking @SleepingPhlox Thank You 

Your Sneeze Fetish Friend Squad is here, and you will totally find them, it just might take a little time.  Trust me, if I can find people to get along with, anyone can! :lol:

2 hours ago, SleepingPhlox said:

Your Sneeze Fetish Friend Squad is here, and you will totally find them, it just might take a little time.  Trust me, if I can find people to get along with, anyone can! :lol:

Lol @SleepingPhlox you cute when you’re nice. 

1 minute ago, sneezefan222 said:

Lol @SleepingPhlox you cute when you’re nice. 

And thank you for the encouragement.  I really needed it today.