I know, I know. it’s only July.

but if you didn’t watch…

1. Chucky 

2. The conjuring 

3. Freddy vs. Jason 

We’re putting it on right now. 
Childs Play Halloween GIF by PeacockTV    

Btw when I say Chucky I mean the original series chucky not that new trash 🤮

I love both psychological horror and camp. I can't really list them in a specific order because it all depends on my mood, but I love Oculus... and I fucking love Malignant more than I probably should, with all its mad campiness! 😆😍 (and not only because I have a crush on the actress playing the doctor, lol).

I loved Poltergeist too, but that's mainly because I used to live in a haunted house like that, and actually recognized some of the phenomenon portrayed in the movie from what happened at my own home. 😅 

1 hour ago, Chanel_no5 said:

I love both psychological horror and camp. I can't really list them in a specific order because it all depends on my mood, but I love Oculus... and I fucking love Malignant more than I probably should, with all its mad campiness! 😆😍 (and not only because I have a crush on the actress playing the doctor, lol).

I loved Poltergeist too, but that's mainly because I used to live in a haunted house like that, and actually recognized some of the phenomenon portrayed in the movie from what happened at my own home. 😅 

No way! You lived in a haunted house? What happened?  We’re you guys okay?

Anybody remember "Trilogy of Terror" with Karen Black? I barely remember the first two. The third one gave me nightmares for weeks.

4 minutes ago, Rhomberg Rabbit said:

Anybody remember "Trilogy of Terror" with Karen Black? I barely remember the first two. The third one gave me nightmares for weeks.

Never heard of it but I’m gonna look it up rn. 

13 minutes ago, sneezefan222 said:

Never heard of it but I’m gonna look it up rn. 

@Rhomberg Rabbit this is a blast from the past, but still looks good! 

Going with the classics 

1. The Omen (ok, the remake is good too)

2. Rosemary’s Baby

3. Poltergeist

12 hours ago, Chanel_no5 said:

Lol yeah the doctor in malignant is hot.  

8 minutes ago, aggedy_ann said:

Going with the classics 

1. The Omen (ok, the remake is good too)

2. Rosemary’s Baby

3. Poltergeist

Never seen The Omen or Rosemary’s Baby but I know they’re part of the classics.  Poltergeist is always good!  

“There Here!”

22 hours ago, sneezefan222 said:

No way! You lived in a haunted house? What happened?  We’re you guys okay?

I did. For about 15 years. We did get out of there alright but much as I would love to explore and figure out what it really was, I would never set foot in that house again. VERY long story, but only skimming through events, below. :lol: 

Spoiler

It started when my grandfather died, pretty generic ghost stuff; things moving with no one touching them, things being stacked in weird spots but no one had done it, doors opening and closing with no one around, sounds of footsteps, clocks stopping even with new batteries, paintings that mom had gotten from grandpa - only those - started falling off the wall randomly. Sometimes across the whole room as if thrown. We kinda chalked it up to just grandpa announcing his presence. But then we started getting a feeling that something else was there too, and that was hiding in the shadows. Later on, you could see it in the corner of the eye and in mirrors (and the reflection in window panes at night). But you could never really see it, you know, but we all experienced it, which we didn't talk about until years later. It was like a dark, smoke-like shadowy figure. And a sense of being in constant danger slowly crept in. The house would feel bigger sometimes, like it expanded somehow. Rooms could randomly look/feel like they were the size of a railway station. Hallways could get longer as you walked in them, just like the Poltergeist movie. And yeah, before you ask, we had people out to test for gas leaks and radon and stuff, not for ghost reasons but because we had been renovating and wanted to be sure everything was in order. Nothing was wrong. And it didn't happen every day either. But when it did, you were almost always alone, and once it was over and you had calmed down, you started questioning yourself if that really just happened or if you imagined things because you already were unsettled about being there alone. Only when comparing stories after we moved, we found that we had all experienced the same things. 

Once, when I was six, it happened after the generic haunting stuff had gone on for a few weeks or so, I was lured downstairs by the TV. I woke up because my parents had the TV on too loud downstairs. So I stomped downstairs, I heard the TV and I heard my parents, the lights were on and I saw the flickering of the TV reflecting in the opposite wall... I started getting a weird uneasy feeling when I was halfway through the hall, but I kept going anyway, and when I entered the living room, I found that the TV was turned off. The lamps were turned off. No one was there. And by then every alarm bell in my brain went off at the same time, like, I KNEW I was in danger for some reason, but it was like I couldn't move. I've had sleep paralysis, but it wasn't like that, I could turn my head, could even turn around, but I couldn't walk, much less run. Until my grandpa, almost-but-not-quite solid, materialized out of thin air, and walked straight towards me. Yeah, I saw him. No, it wasn't a dream. That broke the spell, I turned and ran upstairs, hid under my blankets, and heard him walk around the house and tearing open doors, slamming them shut, going up and down the stairs, it was CHAOS. My parents heard it too, after a while my mom went out and sat in the stairs and talked to him until it calmed down. I didn't tell her what had happened downstairs until a few days later, because I thought she'd tell me I was just imagining things, but thank God she believed me. I was a kid and in my head I got it mixed up that grandpa had somehow wanted to scare me. It wasn't until I was an adult that it dawned on me that there were two separate things happening that night; something lured me downstairs, away from the rest of my family, away from safety, for whatever reason, and my grandpa intervened.

After that night, it got worse, but it was a slow acceleration, it started when I was 6 and we moved when I was 21. "Safe spots" got fewer and fewer. By the time we moved, the only "probably safe"-spots were  our upstairs bedrooms, and the only "certainly safe"-spot was the upstairs bathroom. It was a constant feeling like you were walking around right in front of a sleeping dragon which could wake up and snatch you at any given moment. My sister and I once watched the same documentary at the same time sitting in the same spot - but we were both alone in the room and assumed the other was in the next room by the computer. THAT was freaky. When you were home alone you would often hear another family member - their exact voice - call your name from another part of the house. Insistently. Always sounding angry or upset. If you answered, they insisted that you'd come to them. When you asked what it was about, suddenly no one answered back. Because no one else was home. Eventually you just put on music really loud until the others really did come home. None of our friends wanted to come over because they got the same uneasy feeling inside the house, even though “it” usually didn’t do things when outsiders were around. My dad started drinking heavily, my parents fought a lot, they separated when I was 16. I don’t know how much the thing in the house contributed, but I think he saw something one night when he was downstairs alone, that scared him shitless but he couldn’t admit it. He actually admitted many years later that there WAS something malicious in that house but he couldn’t accept that there were “things beyond” and he wouldn’t talk about it further. When he moved out, there was more of a silent acceptance between myself, mom, and my sister. We never spoke of it inside the house. Most of the phenomenon we didn’t talk about at all until after we had moved. We started making sure that not one person was left alone downstairs in the evenings, ever. It was never a spoken agreement, we just did it. Usually my sister and I were up the longest, but if I was about ready to go to bed, I would wait until my sister had wrapped up whatever she was doing and was ready to go upstairs too. We’d go together and turn off the lights and then RUN upstairs. We’d never leave our rooms at night because we had to cross the hallway, and the light switch was at the other end of the hallway. Fun thing; neither of us is actually afraid of the dark. We never acted like this when we were anywhere else. Hell, I would frequently walk through the woods alone in the dark and that never bothered me. In that house, though, we were all afraid of the dark, and none of us can explain why. It felt like the whole house existed in a somewhat different dimension or something. I would have loved to do research into it, but I also feel that I was lucky to get out of there alive so I would never go back there even if offered the chance. The house has been on the market four times since 2020, and I was tempted to go on one of the showings, feel if it still had that atmosphere, but frankly, I didn't want to take any chances in case whatever was there was pissed that I got away once.

Oh, and it wasn’t an old house either, it was built in the 70s and only had one owner before my parents, and they knew each other. One thing that stuck out though was that the wife in that family was extremely scared of the dark and refused to ever go downstairs when it was dark if her husband was away on work. That could have been a coincidence, of course. But I can’t help but wondering if there was something in the shadows even back then. If so, I think it must be connected to the place and not the house itself, but that ground was undeveloped forest before they built those houses. So no Cuesta Verde graveyard thing. :lol: 

10 hours ago, sneezefan222 said:

Lol yeah the doctor in malignant is hot.  

Oh hell to the yes! :inlove:   :dribble:  I loved the detail that she looked so put-together in the video journal clips (hair all done up, fashionable outfits) in contrast to how dishevelled she looked in the opening scenes, like the whole thing had already been grinding her down over time. I don't know if that was even on purpose, but it worked well. (she has a very sexy voice too. :whistle: )

Edited by Chanel_no5
I suck lol
4 hours ago, Chanel_no5 said:

I did. For about 15 years. We did get out of there alright but much as I would love to explore and figure out what it really was, I would never set foot in that house again. VERY long story, but only skimming through events, below. :lol: 

Reveal hidden contents

It started when my grandfather died, pretty generic ghost stuff; things moving with no one touching them, things being stacked in weird spots but no one had done it, doors opening and closing with no one around, sounds of footsteps, clocks stopping even with new batteries, paintings that mom had gotten from grandpa - only those - started falling off the wall randomly. Sometimes across the whole room as if thrown. We kinda chalked it up to just grandpa announcing his presence. But then we started getting a feeling that something else was there too, and that was hiding in the shadows. Later on, you could see it in the corner of the eye and in mirrors (and the reflection in window panes at night). But you could never really see it, you know, but we all experienced it, which we didn't talk about until years later. It was like a dark, smoke-like shadowy figure. And a sense of being in constant danger slowly crept in. The house would feel bigger sometimes, like it expanded somehow. Rooms could randomly look/feel like they were the size of a railway station. Hallways could get longer as you walked in them, just like the Poltergeist movie. And yeah, before you ask, we had people out to test for gas leaks and radon and stuff, not for ghost reasons but because we had been renovating and wanted to be sure everything was in order. Nothing was wrong. And it didn't happen every day either. But when it did, you were almost always alone, and once it was over and you had calmed down, you started questioning yourself if that really just happened or if you imagined things because you already were unsettled about being there alone. Only when comparing stories after we moved, we found that we had all experienced the same things. 

Once, when I was six, it happened after the generic haunting stuff had gone on for a few weeks or so, I was lured downstairs by the TV. I woke up because my parents had the TV on too loud downstairs. So I stomped downstairs, I heard the TV and I heard my parents, the lights were on and I saw the flickering of the TV reflecting in the opposite wall... I started getting a weird uneasy feeling when I was halfway through the hall, but I kept going anyway, and when I entered the living room, I found that the TV was turned off. The lamps were turned off. No one was there. And by then every alarm bell in my brain went off at the same time, like, I KNEW I was in danger for some reason, but it was like I couldn't move. I've had sleep paralysis, but it wasn't like that, I could turn my head, could even turn around, but I couldn't walk, much less run. Until my grandpa, almost-but-not-quite solid, materialized out of thin air, and walked straight towards me. Yeah, I saw him. No, it wasn't a dream. That broke the spell, I turned and ran upstairs, hid under my blankets, and heard him walk around the house and tearing open doors, slamming them shut, going up and down the stairs, it was CHAOS. My parents heard it too, after a while my mom went out and sat in the stairs and talked to him until it calmed down. I didn't tell her what had happened downstairs until a few days later, because I thought she'd tell me I was just imagining things, but thank God she believed me. I was a kid and in my head I got it mixed up that grandpa had somehow wanted to scare me. It wasn't until I was an adult that it dawned on me that there were two separate things happening that night; something lured me downstairs, away from the rest of my family, away from safety, for whatever reason, and my grandpa intervened.

After that night, it got worse, but it was a slow acceleration, it started when I was 6 and we moved when I was 21. "Safe spots" got fewer and fewer. By the time we moved, the only "probably safe"-spots were  our upstairs bedrooms, and the only "certainly safe"-spot was the upstairs bathroom. It was a constant feeling like you were walking around right in front of a sleeping dragon which could wake up and snatch you at any given moment. My sister and I once watched the same documentary at the same time sitting in the same spot - but we were both alone in the room and assumed the other was in the next room by the computer. THAT was freaky. When you were home alone you would often hear another family member - their exact voice - call your name from another part of the house. Insistently. Always sounding angry or upset. If you answered, they insisted that you'd come to them. When you asked what it was about, suddenly no one answered back. Because no one else was home. Eventually you just put on music really loud until the others really did come home. None of our friends wanted to come over because they got the same uneasy feeling inside the house, even though “it” usually didn’t do things when outsiders were around. My dad started drinking heavily, my parents fought a lot, they separated when I was 16. I don’t know how much the thing in the house contributed, but I think he saw something one night when he was downstairs alone, that scared him shitless but he couldn’t admit it. He actually admitted many years later that there WAS something malicious in that house but he couldn’t accept that there were “things beyond” and he wouldn’t talk about it further. When he moved out, there was more of a silent acceptance between myself, mom, and my sister. We never spoke of it inside the house. Most of the phenomenon we didn’t talk about at all until after we had moved. We started making sure that not one person was left alone downstairs in the evenings, ever. It was never a spoken agreement, we just did it. Usually my sister and I were up the longest, but if I was about ready to go to bed, I would wait until my sister had wrapped up whatever she was doing and was ready to go upstairs too. We’d go together and turn off the lights and then RUN upstairs. We’d never leave our rooms at night because we had to cross the hallway, and the light switch was at the other end of the hallway. Fun thing; neither of us is actually afraid of the dark. We never acted like this when we were anywhere else. Hell, I would frequently walk through the woods alone in the dark and that never bothered me. In that house, though, we were all afraid of the dark, and none of us can explain why. It felt like the whole house existed in a somewhat different dimension or something. I would have loved to do research into it, but I also feel that I was lucky to get out of there alive so I would never go back there even if offered the chance. The house has been on the market four times since 2020, and I was tempted to go on one of the showings, feel if it still had that atmosphere, but frankly, I didn't want to take any chances in case whatever was there was pissed that I got away once.

Oh, and it wasn’t an old house either, it was built in the 70s and only had one owner before my parents, and they knew each other. One thing that stuck out though was that the wife in that family was extremely scared of the dark and refused to ever go downstairs when it was dark if her husband was away on work. That could have been a coincidence, of course. But I can’t help but wondering if there was something in the shadows even back then. If so, I think it must be connected to the place and not the house itself, but that ground was undeveloped forest before they built those houses. So no Cuesta Verde graveyard thing. :lol: 

Oh hell to the yes! :inlove:   :dribble:  I loved the detail that she looked so put-together in the video journal clips (hair all done up, fashionable outfits) in contrast to how dishevelled she looked in the opening scenes, like the whole thing had already been grinding her down over time. I don't know if that was even on purpose, but it worked well. (she has a very sexy voice too. :whistle: )

Then you top Sex sandwich with some sneeze story somebody wrote and it’s like 😂make love sexo GIF by haydiroket (Mert Keskin)

1 minute ago, sneezefan222 said:

Then you top Sex sandwich with some sneeze story somebody wrote and it’s like 😂make love sexo GIF by haydiroket (Mert Keskin)

:blink:  Uh... yeah, okay, sure, let's go with that. :rofl:  

4 minutes ago, Chanel_no5 said:

:blink:  Uh... yeah, okay, sure, let's go with that. :rofl:  

Oh don’t act like you don’t get those images in your head!  We’re on this forum for a reason! 

3 minutes ago, sneezefan222 said:

Oh don’t act like you don’t get those images in your head!  We’re on this forum for a reason! 

:lol:  I can honestly say that penetration of any kind is never an image that gets in my head when I think about hot ladies. Also, for most part, sneezing itself is enough for me, I don't need the sex part addition. :lol: 

ANYWAY, to stay on topic, last week I binged the entire reboot of Creepshow and fucking loved it. That was very much guilty pleasure though because as a rule reboots are rarely worth the time. But it was campy gory fun. :yay: 

53 minutes ago, Chanel_no5 said:

:lol:  I can honestly say that penetration of any kind is never an image that gets in my head when I think about hot ladies. Also, for most part, sneezing itself is enough for me, I don't need the sex part addition. :lol: 

ANYWAY, to stay on topic, last week I binged the entire reboot of Creepshow and fucking loved it. That was very much guilty pleasure though because as a rule reboots are rarely worth the time. But it was campy gory fun. :yay: 

Lol whatever floats your boat!  

I think I’ve seen that before but I’m not sure.  
BTW The Nun 2 trailer just came out and I don’t know how to feel about it. 

2 hours ago, sneezefan222 said:

BTW The Nun 2 trailer just came out and I don’t know how to feel about it. 

I haven't seen the first one and I won't see the sequel. :lol:  All in all, I'm not super big on horror that leans heavily into religious themes. I don't know the organised religions well enough that I understand the "lore", so to speak, so I feel like there are lots of things that just pass me by that I don't get, which you kinda need to know to understand the plot of many of those movies. I'm also not a huge fan of zombie apocalypse stuff. I feel that the trope "a deadly virus turn people into vampires/zombies and the survivors have to struggle to stay alive" is, hehe, overkill. Like, do they need to make vampires or zombies out of them? Just kill off 99% of the population and watch the survivors go insane and/or struggle to adjust to a life where modern life doesn't work anymore. I think that would be horror enough, jfc. 

3 hours ago, sneezefan222 said:

I think I’ve seen that before but I’m not sure.  

If you have, you'd probably remember the episode The Survivor Type? Based on a short story by Stephen King, about a surgeon who gets shipwrecked on a tiny island with only a bunch of heroine that he's smuggling, and no food. Well. Let's say that as a surgeon he knows where he can and cannot cut at his own body without bleeding out. I get why that particular episode had to be animated, I don't think they'll ever be able to make that with an actual actor. :lol: :yuck: 

56 minutes ago, Chanel_no5 said:

I haven't seen the first one and I won't see the sequel. :lol:  All in all, I'm not super big on horror that leans heavily into religious themes. I don't know the organised religions well enough that I understand the "lore", so to speak, so I feel like there are lots of things that just pass me by that I don't get, which you kinda need to know to understand the plot of many of those movies. I'm also not a huge fan of zombie apocalypse stuff. I feel that the trope "a deadly virus turn people into vampires/zombies and the survivors have to struggle to stay alive" is, hehe, overkill. Like, do they need to make vampires or zombies out of them? Just kill off 99% of the population and watch the survivors go insane and/or struggle to adjust to a life where modern life doesn't work anymore. I think that would be horror enough, jfc. 

If you have, you'd probably remember the episode The Survivor Type? Based on a short story by Stephen King, about a surgeon who gets shipwrecked on a tiny island with only a bunch of heroine that he's smuggling, and no food. Well. Let's say that as a surgeon he knows where he can and cannot cut at his own body without bleeding out. I get why that particular episode had to be animated, I don't think they'll ever be able to make that with an actual actor. :lol: :yuck: 

Yeah that episode would definitely be animated.  I don’t even think they’d could air it on TV nowadays 😂 

in regards to the religious horror films I pretty much agree. 

5 hours ago, sneezefan222 said:

Yeah that episode would definitely be animated.  I don’t even think they’d could air it on TV nowadays 😂 

I mean, they can do pretty nasty/badass stuff with cgi nowadays, but yeah, that story is so unapologetically gory it seriously works best in writing or possibly animated. 😂

I was surprised they let the remake of Pet Sematary reach the cinemas, even. 👀

I’m not a big horror fan, I haven’t seen a lot of the classics, but of the horror films I have seen, The Thing is easily my favorite and I know it’s a lot of other people’s favorite. An incredible view into paranoia as well as a masterclass of building tension and not being over reliant on jump scares.

1 hour ago, Rhomberg Rabbit said:

Did you watch it?

Just a few clips but I’ll try to catch the whole thing!

This one is hard because i’ve watched so many horror movies, it’s my favorite genre so the list would be giant. The ones that come to mind right now are Hereditary, The Boy, The Visit and Us.

3 hours ago, lacrima said:

This one is hard because i’ve watched so many horror movies, it’s my favorite genre so the list would be giant. The ones that come to mind right now are Hereditary, The Boy, The Visit and Us.

@lacrima not a bad selection!