Sneeze Fetish Forum

Feels weird to hope for the start of a cold…

JaeChaeGi

(This inspired me to un-lurk for a moment… um, hi? [waves shyly])

For context: I'm an occasional sneezer. I maybe sneeze once a day, or every other day. I have no allergies and rarely get a cold. Last year I got a wonderfully sneezy cold, the first in years. (My wife ended up getting too, but that's another story.)

Anyhow, just this morning I sneezed my usual, boring, single sneeze (hih-achhhhh!) but had a peculiar feeling in my sinuses after. Like this wasn't just a "clean out the airways" sneeze, but that a cold might be brewing and I noticed that I'm… excited? at the prospect. Could this be a repeat of last year's sneeze-stravaganza?

The downside would be that I like my cold sneezes even less than my regular ones. They're even more harsh and forced. If I could wave a magic wand, I would change my sneeze into the same kind that I like to see and hear: long, drawn-our, hitchy, with a slightly congested two or three-syllable finale: "hit-ahschoo!" (Or something like that. I'm not good at spelling sneeze sounds.) I also wish I had allergic rhinitis-style allergies. I'm sure it's one of those "grass is greener" things, but there it is.

But back to the cold, the best thing I remember from the one last year, and what I'm hoping for again, is the persistent, sneezy tickle that gets relieved, for just a moment, by a good sneeze. Just for the tickle to start up again. Very distracting, but enjoyable.

And yet part of me feels it's really weird to hope I'm getting a cold. Does anyone else relate?

Totally relate lol. I’m in a very similar boat — rarely sneeze, no allergies, gets noticeably sick twice a year max. And while I am thankful for my health, sometimes there’s nothing I want more than a cold to enjoy. I definitely do feel weird for it, but maybe we shouldn’t. It’s just part of our fetish and it makes sense that we’d like to experience it and live out the things we think about so often. Plus, not like it’s hurting anyone!

That's a really good point. On top of that, I've been working remote ever since COVID and we're a family of homebodies so except for shopping I don't have opportunities to see sneezing in real life. So if there's a chance I could experience it myself, it does make sense that I'd enjoy that.

But, sadly the cold never materialized. So I won't get to enjoy it… yet! :laugh:

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/13/2023 at 8:56 PM, -lilac- said:

Totally relate lol. I’m in a very similar boat — rarely sneeze, no allergies, gets noticeably sick twice a year max. And while I am thankful for my health, sometimes there’s nothing I want more than a cold to enjoy. I definitely do feel weird for it, but maybe we shouldn’t. It’s just part of our fetish and it makes sense that we’d like to experience it and live out the things we think about so often. Plus, not like it’s hurting anyone!

So true and such a great way at looking at it!  My fetish(es) can be quite extensive, lol.  However, I do suffer from allergies and colds quite often, so I get to experience all of my fetishes quite consistently.  As of recently though, I have stopped being selfish and started sharing my fetish with others (i.e. videos, sound files, etc).  I do need to get into more self-obs though (although I do have a few).

How often do you find yourself thinking about your fetish?  What does your fetish consist of (i.e. just sneezing, or more than that)?

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/4/2023 at 11:02 PM, Yep said:

How often do you find yourself thinking about your fetish?  What does your fetish consist of (i.e. just sneezing, or more than that)?

The intensity of the fetish comes and goes for me. Sometimes I get busy and just don’t even have the time to think about it, and other times I think about it for most of the day. Just depends. But recently I’ve been thinking of it quite a lot, especially because binge watching shows (as I’m currently doing) always makes me imagine the characters sneezing lol.

As I’ve come to find out over the years, my fetish consists of pretty particular stuff. I enjoy sneezing (and some coughing) but as a germaphobe and emetophobe I personally draw the line at anything too “gross”. But what I’ve really become fond of are the more emotional aspects of the fetish, like caretaking and vulnerability. My favorite types of scenarios are when an individual that never shows weakness or one that’s an insufferable know-it-all is the one sneezing — basically when the “invincible” get struck down by a little cold or allergies. Even better if they reluctantly let someone in to take care of them. I’m sure there’s some sort of psychological meaning behind that, but for now I don’t care too much as long as I get to enjoy it. I would love to know if anyone else has those similar interests — what are yours?

I don't have allergies so a cold is the next best thing for me. They make me much more sneezy for a few days. I love them!

Problem is..... I rarely catch colds. I think it's been at least a year and a half if not longer. I'll be wishing one on myself during the upcoming cold months

16 hours ago, -lilac- said:

The intensity of the fetish comes and goes for me. Sometimes I get busy and just don’t even have the time to think about it, and other times I think about it for most of the day. Just depends. But recently I’ve been thinking of it quite a lot, especially because binge watching shows (as I’m currently doing) always makes me imagine the characters sneezing lol.

As I’ve come to find out over the years, my fetish consists of pretty particular stuff. I enjoy sneezing (and some coughing) but as a germaphobe and emetophobe I personally draw the line at anything too “gross”. But what I’ve really become fond of are the more emotional aspects of the fetish, like caretaking and vulnerability. My favorite types of scenarios are when an individual that never shows weakness or one that’s an insufferable know-it-all is the one sneezing — basically when the “invincible” get struck down by a little cold or allergies. Even better if they reluctantly let someone in to take care of them. I’m sure there’s some sort of psychological meaning behind that, but for now I don’t care too much as long as I get to enjoy it. I would love to know if anyone else has those similar interests — what are yours?

I find myself to be quite similiar to you with regards to the intensity of the fetish.  I can go through days where I don't even think about it, then other times, that is all that I think about.  

My fetish consists of very particular stuff as well, and has actually "morphed" over the years.  In high school, I used to just be attracted to sneezing and nose blowing.  Nowadays though, I am attracted to sneezing, nose blowing, caretaking, tissues (mainly the Puffs Plus brand), tissue boxes.  On the days that I think about my fetish(es), my imagination can take over and get pretty intense.

I am one of those that you speak about, the ones where I try to be "tough", even though I do suffer from seasonal allergies and get 1 to 2 colds per year.  With that comes quite a bit of sneezing and some really gross nose blowing.  To be totally honest, I am torn because I try to act tough and "power through it", but there are also times where I would not mind being taken care of....even just a little bit.  The problem is that I would be WAY too embarrassed to ask to be taken care of (even to the point of wanting to leave the room to blow my nose so that I wouldn't gross anyone out).....lol.

18 hours ago, -lilac- said:

I also really like when tough people show a bit of weakness. For me that doesn’t have to be illness or sneezing but it can be. It’s just attractive. I don’t know the psychological meaning behind it either lol but sure there is one. 

16 hours ago, Yep said:

I find myself to be quite similiar to you with regards to the intensity of the fetish.  I can go through days where I don't even think about it, then other times, that is all that I think about.  

My fetish consists of very particular stuff as well, and has actually "morphed" over the years.  In high school, I used to just be attracted to sneezing and nose blowing.  Nowadays though, I am attracted to sneezing, nose blowing, caretaking, tissues (mainly the Puffs Plus brand), tissue boxes.  On the days that I think about my fetish(es), my imagination can take over and get pretty intense.

I am one of those that you speak about, the ones where I try to be "tough", even though I do suffer from seasonal allergies and get 1 to 2 colds per year.  With that comes quite a bit of sneezing and some really gross nose blowing.  To be totally honest, I am torn because I try to act tough and "power through it", but there are also times where I would not mind being taken care of....even just a little bit.  The problem is that I would be WAY too embarrassed to ask to be taken care of (even to the point of wanting to leave the room to blow my nose so that I wouldn't gross anyone out).....lol.

Totally relate with leaving the room to blow your nose, I do the same thing whenever I’m “lucky” enough to catch a cold. Now that I think about it, if I’m sick in public I also act like the people I described, though it’s more about trying to not feel embarrassed than it is about trying to appear in control. Which is ironic, since I’m also the person that insists others shouldn’t feel embarrassed for normal human things. Always setting double standards for myself lol.

Also, I think it’s interesting how your fetishes have progressed and the fact that you even have a particular brand of tissues you like — it’s cool that you’ve been able to discover that about yourself.

15 hours ago, normalgrl said:

I also really like when tough people show a bit of weakness. For me that doesn’t have to be illness or sneezing but it can be. It’s just attractive. I don’t know the psychological meaning behind it either lol but sure there is one.

Ahhh you make me feel validated lol, I’m glad you resonate with it. Same about it not even having to be sneezing-related. For example, my current partner hadn’t been able to cry in years, but as I worked to make him more comfortable and cared for, he was able to open up and release what he needed to. In that moment it wasn’t even sexually attractive, it was just attractive that he trusted and had bonded with me to the point that he was able to do that. In certain situations vulnerability can be appealing and even hot, but there are also moments where it’s really just kinda beautiful.

5 hours ago, -lilac- said:

Ahhh you make me feel validated lol, I’m glad you resonate with it. Same about it not even having to be sneezing-related. For example, my current partner hadn’t been able to cry in years, but as I worked to make him more comfortable and cared for, he was able to open up and release what he needed to. In that moment it wasn’t even sexually attractive, it was just attractive that he trusted and had bonded with me to the point that he was able to do that. In certain situations vulnerability can be appealing and even hot, but there are also moments where it’s really just kinda beautiful.

Yeah I think you’ve put that really nicely

6 hours ago, -lilac- said:

Totally relate with leaving the room to blow your nose, I do the same thing whenever I’m “lucky” enough to catch a cold. Now that I think about it, if I’m sick in public I also act like the people I described, though it’s more about trying to not feel embarrassed than it is about trying to appear in control. Which is ironic, since I’m also the person that insists others shouldn’t feel embarrassed for normal human things. Always setting double standards for myself lol.

Also, I think it’s interesting how your fetishes have progressed and the fact that you even have a particular brand of tissues you like — it’s cool that you’ve been able to discover that about yourself.

Thank you very much !  I do have that same double standard....lol.  I have no problem letting people know that it's okay for them to blow their nose in front of me if they need to, it's a normal human thing.  For me on the other hand, when I blow my nose, it's either really soggy or I get surprised with one of those blows that start off soft and quiet, then let out one of those "surprise" honks....can you say mortified?

So, you said when you're "lucky" enough to catch a cold?  I take it you don't get too many?  I usually get 1-2 per year, but my allergies more than make up for it.  Or, it's just the normal morning congestion....lol.  Do you suffer from allergies or have bad morning congestion.  How many times per day do you usually have to blow your nose?  What makes you embarrassed to blow your nose in front of others?

Also, thank you about your comment about my "progressing" fetish!  Yeah, it's quite interesting at times and other times, it's the whole...."why do I have those interests?"  It's quite the inner struggle for sure!

14 hours ago, Yep said:

Thank you very much !  I do have that same double standard....lol.  I have no problem letting people know that it's okay for them to blow their nose in front of me if they need to, it's a normal human thing.  For me on the other hand, when I blow my nose, it's either really soggy or I get surprised with one of those blows that start off soft and quiet, then let out one of those "surprise" honks....can you say mortified?

So, you said when you're "lucky" enough to catch a cold?  I take it you don't get too many?  I usually get 1-2 per year, but my allergies more than make up for it.  Or, it's just the normal morning congestion....lol.  Do you suffer from allergies or have bad morning congestion.  How many times per day do you usually have to blow your nose?  What makes you embarrassed to blow your nose in front of others?

Also, thank you about your comment about my "progressing" fetish!  Yeah, it's quite interesting at times and other times, it's the whole...."why do I have those interests?"  It's quite the inner struggle for sure!

No problem! It’s enlightening to hear about other people’s experiences with the fetish, it definitely makes it feel like a true community.

And yes, I kind of consider myself lucky if I do get a cold (but I know a lot of people feel the opposite about it, hence the quotation marks lol). I believe last year I had 2 total, and neither were intense at all. One involved a bit of congestion/sneezing and coughing, nothing too debilitating. And the other had virtually no sneezing and a slight dry cough, but made my voice incredibly raspy and deep (which was sort of cool tbh). And truth be told, it was somewhat my fault that I got them — as a germaphobe I know exactly what I should be doing to avoid getting sick at all, and on occasion I purposefully won’t do it. It makes me wonder if I could potentially not catch anything at all for a year or more if I took the right precautions…

I don’t have any allergies, at least not anything recurring. For one strange week this spring, the pollen count was exceptionally high and I actually did notice I had a slight reaction to it. But nothing before or since. This is unique for my family, since majority of them have seasonal, animal, or food allergies. I swear, it’s like I was purposefully created with an affinity towards something I rarely ever get to experience myself lol.

Because of no allergies and rare colds, blowing my nose is actually a pretty infrequent thing for me. If I sleep in a room where the air is super cold, sometimes I will have a little bit of congestion when I first get up, but it’s not an actual symptom or anything. I probably blow my nose a total of 2 times a month unless I get sick or I induce. I would give more detail about it, but it’s been so long since it happened that I don’t really remember much. As for what makes me embarrassed to do it, it’s probably things related to germaphobia or the fetish. I don’t want anyone to think of me as “gross” or like I’m spreading things, and because of the fetish it also seems to me like a more private matter. I don’t mind when other people do it, because obviously it’s normal, but personally I would only like to do it in a private or intimate setting, not in front of the general public. And I suppose the last element in my aversion to it is partly the “not showing weakness” thing. I’m all for caretaking, but I don’t want people to think of I’m any less capable just because something’s going on in my nose lol.

Sorry for the paragraphs, I don’t often get to talk about this stuff irl, so when I get a chance to talk online I just keep talking. Also I will say that while I sometimes think having a cold is fun, I’m very grateful for my health because it’s a luxury that, unfortunately, not all people have.

8 hours ago, -lilac- said:

No problem! It’s enlightening to hear about other people’s experiences with the fetish, it definitely makes it feel like a true community.

And yes, I kind of consider myself lucky if I do get a cold (but I know a lot of people feel the opposite about it, hence the quotation marks lol). I believe last year I had 2 total, and neither were intense at all. One involved a bit of congestion/sneezing and coughing, nothing too debilitating. And the other had virtually no sneezing and a slight dry cough, but made my voice incredibly raspy and deep (which was sort of cool tbh). And truth be told, it was somewhat my fault that I got them — as a germaphobe I know exactly what I should be doing to avoid getting sick at all, and on occasion I purposefully won’t do it. It makes me wonder if I could potentially not catch anything at all for a year or more if I took the right precautions…

I don’t have any allergies, at least not anything recurring. For one strange week this spring, the pollen count was exceptionally high and I actually did notice I had a slight reaction to it. But nothing before or since. This is unique for my family, since majority of them have seasonal, animal, or food allergies. I swear, it’s like I was purposefully created with an affinity towards something I rarely ever get to experience myself lol.

Because of no allergies and rare colds, blowing my nose is actually a pretty infrequent thing for me. If I sleep in a room where the air is super cold, sometimes I will have a little bit of congestion when I first get up, but it’s not an actual symptom or anything. I probably blow my nose a total of 2 times a month unless I get sick or I induce. I would give more detail about it, but it’s been so long since it happened that I don’t really remember much. As for what makes me embarrassed to do it, it’s probably things related to germaphobia or the fetish. I don’t want anyone to think of me as “gross” or like I’m spreading things, and because of the fetish it also seems to me like a more private matter. I don’t mind when other people do it, because obviously it’s normal, but personally I would only like to do it in a private or intimate setting, not in front of the general public. And I suppose the last element in my aversion to it is partly the “not showing weakness” thing. I’m all for caretaking, but I don’t want people to think of I’m any less capable just because something’s going on in my nose lol.

Sorry for the paragraphs, I don’t often get to talk about this stuff irl, so when I get a chance to talk online I just keep talking. Also I will say that while I sometimes think having a cold is fun, I’m very grateful for my health because it’s a luxury that, unfortunately, not all people have.

Good morning and thank you for your response!  How is your day going so far? 

I totally welcome the paragraphs!  I totally get the feeling of wanting to just talk away about the fetish when given the chance!  I have the same thing going on (I don't wanna say it's a "problem", it's just something that makes me unique, I guess).  I am very passionate about some things in life (the fetish being one of them, obviously...lol (have you seen some of my posts....lol).

I am happy that you do have a great immune system and that you're able to stay healthy, because that is more important than any fetish.  On the flip side, I could see your frustration with feeling as though you're "missing out" on the experience.  I don't know what I would do if I only had to blow my nose twice a month, I would not go through as many tissues, that's for sure!  I had to blow my nose about 5 minutes ago after waking up (normal morning occurrence).  

If you don't mine me asking, are you afriad of "grossing people out" because when you do blow your nose, the blows are more on the soft and quiet/gurgly side or because your blows are more on the hard and loud/honking side?

Have you looked into trying to get "validated" on here?