Sneeze Fetish Forum

Do you think that the fetish was always a thing even before the internet existed?

Sneeze lover

Like before forum’s, youtube and the internet was a thing  do you think people had the fetish ? I’m just curious to know what you guys think

6 minutes ago, Sneeze lover said:

Like before forum’s, youtube and the internet was a thing  do you think people had the fetish ? I’m just curious to know what you guys think

I think so. I remember reading in an article a few years back that said our fetish had been around since the late 1800’s.  I’m sure somewhere in the world people were attracted to sneezing of some sort.  

:lmfao: Well, I had the fetish before the Internet existed, or at least before anyone but extremely specific institutions had access to it, soooo... yes. Absolutely.

I think it was. My thinking is the same as Chanel's; I had it before I even knew what it was and definitely before I came across the forum, so I'd imagine it's definitely possible. It does make you wonder exactly when the fetish might have emerged, or if it's just been a part of humanity since the beginning. Either way, I'm glad I have it in this time period when there's a space for us to communicate and share our experiences.

I think maybe the OP’s intent was misconstrued. I don’t think they were asking if the fetish sprung up from nowhere at the dawn of the internet. I think they meant did you think you were the only person who had it before the internet connected us. And to that, I can say absolutely yes. I felt incredibly alone and thought for sure I was the weirdest person on the planet. 

2 hours ago, RB said:

I think maybe the OP’s intent was misconstrued. I don’t think they were asking if the fetish sprung up from nowhere at the dawn of the internet. I think they meant did you think you were the only person who had it before the internet connected us. And to that, I can say absolutely yes. I felt incredibly alone and thought for sure I was the weirdest person on the planet. 

You and me both. :watsup: I remember when a computer was a machine the size of a refrigerator that had to be kept in cold storage

Dang, OP, did you have to just casually make me feel old just like that? How very dare you! :laugh:

As an "elder millennial" who remembers when homes first got internet and computer monitors used to have to sit forward on your desk to make room for how far back those clunky old things went...I can confidently say that yes, the fetish did in fact exist before the internet and definitely before YouTube.

Now, if you'll all excuse me, I have to go sit in a corner and ponder the fact that there are in this very moment people in their 20s who have never existed in a year that started with the digit "1". 

Well this post makes me feel 100 years old 😭😅

Yes it was a thing before anything online was fully accessible and no doubt for many generations prior.

The main difference outside of available content was the Inherant loneliness of it all which has since been replaced by a big community cuddle.

I did, and I even used that word. (I admitted to HAVING a fetish, if asked, but never told anyone what it was.) But (lie I think a lot of us) I though I was the only. And I can still remember about 90% of the post being EXACTLY that (I thought I was the only one!) when we all started discovering each other in the early days of the internet as we know it today. (Mid-to-late 90's.)

I always wondered this too. Like in the 1800s if people were doing same thing. I am of the belief that actually no it didn't exist because or at least it was much more rare because I believe the formative years with media have a lot to do with the sexual development like I think those Disney sneezes and over exaggerations led to some wires getting mismatched so I would imagine when life was like just working on a farm all day that people didn't have time to indulge in such things that strayed from the norm and if they did they would probably be ostracized from their groups. But yea I wonder the same question.

Pre internet by miles here.

How far back? Who knows?  Maybe there's some sneezy artwork in a cave somewhere.

What's truly remarkable is that this is the first time in history a bunch of us have been able to compare notes.

5 hours ago, haymaker said:

What's truly remarkable is that this is the first time in history a bunch of us have been able to compare notes.

This. 

It’s got nothing to do with media, the Internet, cartoons or Disney.

Fetishes apparently frequently develop in childhood, and as many of us have experienced, early childhood. Those old enough to have grown up in pre-Internet times would also have had limited exposure to TV, because their just wasn’t as much kids TV in the 1970s and earlier.

As much as we hate to admit it, the sneezing of family members or other caregivers in our early childhood is just as likely to have been influential as TV/movie/online sneezing, if not more so. A relative/teacher/babysitter/friend etc. with a cold, allergies, photic sneezing or vasomotor rhinitis or just attention-grabbing sneezes is likely to have been the starting point and then media probably only amplified what we had already become interested in.

We just don’t like to think about it because it’s off putting. At least it is for me!

The fetish has almost certainly been around for as long as humans have.

Yep, I definitely had the fetish pre-internet :D What the internet did allow me to do was suddenly realise that I was not the only one who did!

1 hour ago, solitaire-au said:

It’s got nothing to do with media, the Internet, cartoons or Disney.

Fetishes apparently frequently develop in childhood, and as many of us have experienced, early childhood. Those old enough to have grown up in pre-Internet times would also have had limited exposure to TV, because their just wasn’t as much kids TV in the 1970s and earlier.

As much as we hate to admit it, the sneezing of family members or other caregivers in our early childhood is just as likely to have been influential as TV/movie/online sneezing, if not more so. A relative/teacher/babysitter/friend etc. with a cold, allergies, photic sneezing or vasomotor rhinitis or just attention-grabbing sneezes is likely to have been the starting point and then media probably only amplified what we had already become interested in.

We just don’t like to think about it because it’s off putting. At least it is for me!

The fetish has almost certainly been around for as long as humans have.

Yea maybe ur right as much as its strange to admit perhaps family members had something to do with it like some Freudian shit idk. But yea I have no idea just speculating. Cause I'm also wondering how things like foot fetishes start. Or any fetish really like how does it even become a thing yk. Very interesting

I'm old, so yes, I know it did. I have no idea what started me on this path, but I have some early memories of when I started to notice feeling differently about sneezing.

But I thought it was just me until I think I found a Usenet forum in college... So I didn't really know what it was until then.

I definitely had this fetish as a young child before I even had access to the internet. I had a big imagination and would make up my own games/stories pertaining to sneezing…

I don't think I would have termed it a "fetish" if it wasn't for the internet, I don't think I would have shared it with someone, I don't think I would have the guts to even think about it explicitly, in short, I think I would go about my whole life in complete and utter darkness as regards my sexuality. But yeah, it existed. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/13/2023 at 5:15 PM, iojo said:

I always wondered this too. Like in the 1800s if people were doing same thing. I am of the belief that actually no it didn't exist because or at least it was much more rare because I believe the formative years with media have a lot to do with the sexual development like I think those Disney sneezes and over exaggerations led to some wires getting mismatched so I would imagine when life was like just working on a farm all day that people didn't have time to indulge in such things that strayed from the norm and if they did they would probably be ostracized from their groups. But yea I wonder the same question.

Damn wait, we’re we all Disney kids here?? Is this a conspiracy theory lmao

I think that fetishes in general have always been around, they just haven't been documented. Generally, I don't think there's a lot of information about sneeze fetishes outside of fetish websites/forums/blogs like this one, even today, which makes it harder for people to find out that other people have this fetish as well.

I just remembered, there is a movie about someone with a sneeze fetish, I forgot the name of the movie but all the sneezing scenes in that movie were clipped by a user on youtube called "afarmerinthecity1". That is pretty much the only cinematic representation of sneeze fetishes I've come accross.

AFAIK, the only representations are very briefly in The Lonely Guy with Steve Martin, and Uncovered with Kate Beckinsale. 

in the former, Martin’s character sneezes while getting intimate, and the woman indicates she found it arousing and asks him to do it again, whereupon he fakes a sneezing fit and she moans in pleasure. Sadly, neither actor was particularly good in that scene.

I haven’t seen Uncovered, but from what I understand, her character has honeymoon rhinitis and sneezes whenever she gets turned on, often ruining the moment. And when she tries to rebuff a man at one point, she slams the door on him, but he hears her sneeze afterwards and he smirks to himself as he knows what it means.

Her sneezing in Uncovered was passable, but when searching for it I just found an interview she did with Jimmy Fallon in 2019, and it is now incredibly realistic. She even tries to teach Fallon how to do it and they talk about allergies and sneezing for about half the interview!:

https://www.justjared.com/2019/04/18/kate-beckinsale-teaches-jimmy-fallon-how-to-pull-off-a-convincing-fake-sneeze-watch-here/

It’s been discussed previously here:

Krafft-Ebing’s Psychopathia Sexualis (English translation 1893) talks extensively about handkerchief fetishism as well as many other types of fetishes. He doesn’t seem to be aware of sneezing fetishes but surely they existed, it was based on whatever people told their doctors - or arrest reports!. (Note: this is a very judgmental book, as its title indicates.)

Compared to the completely-closeted people that Krafft-Ebing talks about, maybe another benefit of forums like this, for at least some people, is they give a way to enjoy things in a socially-acceptable and consensual way. When things are totally locked up inside and people are extremely lonely, they might “act out” in bad ways. Like some guy who stole over 400 women’s handkerchiefs. I know there are lots of sharks here and so obviously there are much deeper personality factors that affect how people act besides whether a community exists. But it is interesting to think about whether there are deeper benefits to community besides just curing loneliness. I could be totally wrong!