Sneeze Fetish Forum

Under Attack (CM, Hotch)

24Me

This was a little plot bunny I’ve been toying with, and then a wonderful forum member suggested it as a request and I had to make it into a short fic! No spoilers for any episodes, just pure fluff here. 

Aaron Hotchner was not a man who lost control. Ever. He was always levelheaded, steady and composed. As far as his team was concerned, their boss had perfect command over his bodily functions-they’d never so much as seen him yawn. The man in question rarely found himself with a cold and had no known allergies. For this reason, he had had no concerns when gearing up to raid a run down property in Texas and had gone in with the rest of his team to attempt to take down the suspect they’d been tracking. It wasn’t long before he realized there was going to be a problem. 

It started as a niggling itch in his nose. He’d thought nothing of it and had merely sniffed softly to try to get the itch to pass. That had backfired spectacularly, causing the small itch in his nostrils to fan into a burning sensation deep in his sinuses. Frustrated, he’d paused after clearing the first room he entered and had scrubbed at the irritated appendage, trying to regain the control he felt rapidly slipping away. 

It could have been anything setting him off-something in the field nearby, some type of mold in the building, or perhaps he was allergic to the animals that had once stayed in the now empty barn. Whatever it was, it was definitely going to be a problem. Hotch felt his breath hitch and closed his eyes momentarily, knuckling into his fist with a perfectly silent stifle. It provided some relief so he continued moving down the narrow hallway, following closely behind JJ. Relief didn’t last long and he found himself struggling to keep his breathing under control. Try as he might to convince himself everything was fine, it was becoming abundantly clear that he was in the beginning stages of an allergy attack. Admitting that to himself was enough to make him lose control once more and his body shuddered with a much more powerful, but still silent, stifle. 

As he continued to move deeper into the building, the itch continued to build. “Keep it together, Hotchner.” He begged himself silently, blinking rapidly to clear the tears pooling in his eyes as he entered the next room. The urge to sneeze was increasing with every passing second, and he prayed that they’d find the UNSUB before he lost control completely. Trying to hold back the sneezes would only work for so long, and he could tell he was going to be suffering through a proper fit before long. 

He was on the verge of losing control altogether when he heard Morgan yell a warning, and glanced over just in time to see the UNSUB standing behind an unaware JJ with a knife. Even in the midst of an allergic reaction his reflexes were impeccable and he all but flew across the room, tackling and disarming the man in one fluid motion. Morgan was beside him in less than three seconds, straddling the UNSUB and cuffing him in order to subdue him. Hotch rolled away, bringing his hands up to cover his nose and mouth as the attack refused to be held back any longer.

“Aapshoo! Hhhhtschoo! Hhhhutschuh! HihISH! ISH! ISH! ISH! ITSCHuh! Hhhaaatschoo!” 

“Hotch?” JJ’s voice was shaking slightly as she watched her boss kneel on the ground, sneezing quick and fast into steepled hands. “Hotch! Are you okay?” 

“Aaaayishuh! Hhhhgtschuh! Hhh’pstchuh! F-fineaaaaatschoo! Hhhnsghhh! Ktschuh! Itsch! Itsch! Ish!ish!ish!” He was finding it difficult to get a decent breath in with how rapid and intense the attack was, and he knew any strength behind his “fine” was lost as the fit continued. A hand came to rest on his shoulder and he glanced up, eyes streaming, to see Rossi standing over him with concern written all over his features.

“Let’s get you out of here. Come on.” The Italian hauled the younger man to his feet and guided him, still sneezing, out the door to sit on a bench in the small courtyard.

“Hhhhngschuh! Hhhhtschuh! Hhhhngschoo! Hhhtschuh! Hhhhngtschuh! Hhhh…hhhhmpfshoo!” 

“Is he okay?” Reid’s voice was higher than normal. Hotch tried to flash him a reassuring glance but it dissolved into a miserable pre sneeze expression before it could do any good. 

“He’ll be fine. Just breathe Aaron, it’ll pass soon.” Hotch nodded and continued sneezing, too intensely allergic to be embarrassed. 

“Aaantschuh! Hhhish! Ish!ish!ish!ish!itsch!itschuh! Hhhhhhitschuh!” The allergy attack halted for a moment following a violent series of sneezes, much to everyone’s relief. 

“I’m okay.” He rasped, voice thick and hoarse from the congestion. The unit chief could tell not a single person believed him as he pulled his handkerchief out and blew his nose softly, blushing at the sound. “Really, I’m alright. Get back to working the scene, I’ll be in to help in a minute.” Rossi glowered down at him. 

“You’ll do no such thing. We’ll process the scene, you just stay here and try not sneeze your head off while we’re at it.”

If he hadn’t been blushing before, Hotch certainly was now. JJ took pity on him and stared at Rossi like he was a rogue reporter.

“That’s enough out of you.” Reid and Morgan chuckled softly as Rossi raised his hands in surrender. 

“Okay, fine, but I’m serious-do not come back inside this barn. We’ve got it covered.” Hotch nodded reluctantly in agreement, immediately sneezing afterwards as the tickle resurged.

“Aaaamfshoo! Hhhgtschuh! Aastschuh! Understood.” Rossi nodded and headed back inside, knowing there was still work to be done. It didn’t take long for Hotch to realize JJ was still standing in front of him. “Did you need something? Hhhhgschuh!” 

JJ frowned and hit her lower lip, twisting her hands together in anxiety as her boss sneezed for the umpteenth time. 

“I, um, I wanted to thank you for saving my skin back there. I know I should have been more alert, I’m sorry-you were on it even in the middle of the attack and I-“

“Jennifer, it’s alright. You were clearing the other room. Thank Morgan, not me-if he hadn’t called out I don’t know what would have happened. I should be apologizing to you. I should have seen the UNSUB a mile away but I was….hhhtsch! Hhhnsch! Hhhgnschuh! I was too distracted by all this.” He gestured ruefully at his reddened nose and streaming eyes. JJ relaxed a little but didn’t look entirely convinced.

“I’ll be sure to thank him. Really though Hotch, we’ve got the scene.” He nodded. 

“I know you do. Give me a few minutes out here and then I’ll….hhhhntschuh! Then I’ll find a way to be useful.” JJ squeezed his shoulder gently. 

“You’re always useful.” 

8 hours ago, Aitus said:

This is. Absolutely adorable.

Hotch and JJ are so my favourite dynamic.

I’m so glad you liked it! They are definitely my favorites to write! 

1 hour ago, MIN said:

Oh this was so goooood! The ending 😍

I’m so happy you liked the fic! 

…..this is AMAZING!! I’m so so honored that you took my request, you did a wonderful job! The way you characterize and add dimension to each person, especially in only a few words, is really cool — I loved the line about JJ staring at Rossi like he was a rogue reporter lol. And I mean, obviously all of the Hotch stuff was perfect. I love the devolution of his silent stifles into intense fits, especially in this scenario. Thank you so much for this fic, you’ve made my week!

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 7/31/2023 at 12:35 AM, -lilac- said:

…..this is AMAZING!! I’m so so honored that you took my request, you did a wonderful job! The way you characterize and add dimension to each person, especially in only a few words, is really cool — I loved the line about JJ staring at Rossi like he was a rogue reporter lol. And I mean, obviously all of the Hotch stuff was perfect. I love the devolution of his silent stifles into intense fits, especially in this scenario. Thank you so much for this fic, you’ve made my week!

I’m so sorry I’m just replying to this now! Oh my gosh this means the absolute world, thank you so much! I really appreciate the prompt, if you have more Hotch or JJ ideas toss them my way! (I am finding I struggle to write the other characters). I’m so glad you liked this, I was so anxious about posting it! 

On 2/23/2024 at 4:22 PM, Lunaconner said:

please say they end up together!!!

I’ve never written a story where they do! Do you have a certain scenario request in mind? I’d be happy to try to write it!

On 2/25/2024 at 6:58 PM, JackHarknessTW said:

Great story!

Thanks so much, it means a lot! 

On 3/26/2024 at 2:14 PM, Catsgotyourtounge said:

More please 

This one was just a one shot, but I’m happy to try to write another Hotch or JJ scenario. Any certain request? 

@24Me I would absolutely love a sick care taking scenario with Hotch. That would be amazing or animal allergies where he goes somewhere and tires to deny them and they take over and he cannot stop sneezing.