Sneeze Fetish Forum

What was the first movie that you remember being obsessed with as a child?

KungFuKok

I was just having this conversation with someone, and my answer was Raiders of the Lost Ark. I wasn’t around in 1981 to see it in theaters, but I watched it on VHS over and over and over again. I had enjoyed plenty of movies before Raiders, but it was the first movie that I remember just not being able to stop thinking about 24/7. My example is an action adventure film, but obviously your example can be anything.

• 2 weeks later...

I remember really loving The Land Before Time. Also had it on VHS and watched it over and over again. Would probably still have a little cry if I rewatched it now haha. 

I was never really into movies but I loved cartoons, particularly Darkwing Duck. I recently rewatched every episode, there's nothing like the nostalgia of rewatching childhood favorites.

• 5 weeks later...

Hmm tough question, when I was in kindergarten it was probably Bibi Blocksberg(german) or Barbie... Then in elementary school definitely Harry Potter and pirates of the carribean!! And I am a little ashamed that I haven't seen any of the movies that you've talked about in this threat ://

On 9/16/2023 at 7:37 AM, Mascha said:

Hmm tough question, when I was in kindergarten it was probably Bibi Blocksberg(german) or Barbie... Then in elementary school definitely Harry Potter and pirates of the carribean!! And I am a little ashamed that I haven't seen any of the movies that you've talked about in this threat ://

It’s funny, I actually just watched all of the Harry Potter movies for the first time last year (never read the books,) and the first Pirates of the Caribbean about a month ago. Guess I was just late to the party on both of those

On 9/20/2023 at 6:03 AM, KungFuKok said:

It’s funny, I actually just watched all of the Harry Potter movies for the first time last year (never read the books,) and the first Pirates of the Caribbean about a month ago. Guess I was just late to the party on both of those

Yeah lol but how did you like them?:)

I can't remember which one I saw or became obsessed with first, but it was either the My Little Pony movie, or The Brave Little Toaster.

The Brave Little Toaster, that movie that, if you look it up now, you find countless people on the internet going "I can't believe this horrifically traumatizing movie was for KIDS" and, like, it wasn't that bad.  Seriously, I was an easily frightened child who was scared shitless of Spiderman, and this movie wasn't scary, the air conditioner wasn't scary, the clown wasn't scary.  Like, damn.

Although the junkyard car scene does become more poignant when you watch it as an adult...

On 9/21/2023 at 7:22 AM, Mascha said:

Yeah lol but how did you like them?:)

I really liked the first 5 Harry Potter films, I thought the final 3 really dropped the ball. I loved Curse of the Black Pearl though, and soon I’ll watch through the rest of the Pirates of the Caribbean films.

15 hours ago, SleepingPhlox said:

I can't remember which one I saw or became obsessed with first, but it was either the My Little Pony movie, or The Brave Little Toaster.

The Brave Little Toaster, that movie that, if you look it up now, you find countless people on the internet going "I can't believe this horrifically traumatizing movie was for KIDS" and, like, it wasn't that bad.  Seriously, I was an easily frightened child who was scared shitless of Spiderman, and this movie wasn't scary, the air conditioner wasn't scary, the clown wasn't scary.  Like, damn.

Although the junkyard car scene does become more poignant when you watch it as an adult...

I’ve never seen The Brave Little Toaster, but your description definitely makes me want to check it out. I love animation in general, but one kids movies that are supposedly “traumatizing” have always interested me lol.

• 2 weeks later...

101 Dalmatians. I just loved the story and the animation. All in all, it was a very cute movie.

Disney's Mulan
I can still quote my favorite lines

"All right. That's it! DISHONOR! Dishonor on your whole family! Make a note of this. Dishonor on YOU! Dishonor on YOUR COW"

Order! People, order!

I'll have a pan fried noodle. Ooh ooh Sweet and pungent shrimp. Moo goo gai pan

That's not funny

YES IT IS

• 1 month later...