Sneeze Fetish Forum

Old stories/posts vanished from forum?

NoV

I noticed that recently some of the older posts on the forum no longer seem to be accessible. I get a message saying 'Sorry! We could not find this topic'. Just wondered whether there had been a recent 'purge' of old content? As I can never get the search function to work on the forum, I was searching through Google using keywords. The story I was clicking on is written by a now banned member - not sure whether this could have something to do with it... :rollhmm: 

IIRC, old content is eventually 'archived' which causes it to show up on some searches but not others.

Sometimes on Google, there is a "cached" version. Click the 3 dots next to the website name, then in the pop-up box, see if there is a "cached" command (may have to click a down arrow inside the box).

Also, it doesn't sound like this is the problem, but if a Google search finds .org links, these won't work on the current .com site.

Sorry if these tips are too obvious.

Archived content should still be accessible by direct link or by finding it in the area it was posted in and clicking on it there.

It just won’t show up on the forums search feature.

@NoV Can you post the url to the story you can’t access so I can have a look at what’s happened for you ? :)

there are a ton of stories that neither show up in search or by looking through the pages of stories, which have in fact been deleted completely as far as I can tell. 

13 hours ago, Demosthenes said:

You can still see it via the wayback machine, but need to change the the url to .org

https://web.archive.org/web/20171018150944/http://www.sneezefetishforum.org:80/topic/11765-cave-in/

Cheers - at least there is a way around it, although it was accessible through the forum as little as 2 weeks ago. 

This was one of the first fics I discovered online (can't remember the site it used to be on) and one of my favourites.

On 8/1/2023 at 6:01 PM, Mr_G said:

Archived content should still be accessible by direct link or by finding it in the area it was posted in and clicking on it there.

It just won’t show up on the forums search feature.

I noticed this recently: I went to go look for old fanfics and couldn’t find them through search…but could if I went back through the individual sections. Very frustrating, but glad to know it’s the forum, not me!