Sneeze Fetish Forum

Comfort In The Storm *+ Supergirl - Lena (F/F)

Selkie

Just some Supercorp to make the world a better place, I can’t express how much I love these too so enjoy some miserable Lena :]

I’d love to see some interaction on this fic, whether it be critism or simply jusy what you enjoyed. Let me know :> 

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^

Projects, stress and deadlines. These were all normal for Lena Luthor. She was the CEO of L-Corp after all. It was presumed an incredibly smart woman like her would’ve figured things out by now. 

But no. Lena swore for not the first time that day as an error screen flashed up on the console. She’d spent all day in her lab and still this stupid thing wouldn’t work. It was beyond frustrating. Maybe she would’ve had better luck if she could focus properly but constant sniffles and waves of dizziness kept demanding her attention.

Hh’ishhiew! Hh..H’htsHhiew!” Lena bent forward at the waist, stumbling into her workbench as she lost her balance, “Oh f-fuc-HH..Hhih’tshhoo! H’tshhu!”

The young genius sniffled wetly, rubbing the underside of her wrist against her nose before grimacing and going over to swipe a handful of tissues from the almost empty box laying on its side.

This sucked. I mean this seriously sucked. Who on earth gets sick during the summer, Lena thought to herself as she blew her nose softly, wincing at the sharp pain the rough tissue caused against her red nose. But there was no time for sickness. She was far too busy for such a trivial, mundane thing. 

All that mattered was getting this project done. But for the life of her, she just couldn’t figure it out. Maybe it was the engineering, or even her equations- No, that couldn’t be it. Her equations were perfect, she was a Luthor. A Luthor wouldn’t make such simple mathematical mistakes, she was better then that.

Massaging her thumb and index finger over her throbbing sinuses Lena swayed over to the large whiteboard which displayed her work. The numerous sums and physics mapped out in thick black pen.  She squinted at the equations on the board, examining her earlier work but was unable to make sense of the seemingly squiggles of writing. Everything seemed blurry and appeared to merge into a senseless blur.

Lena reached for a glass of water, but her trembling hand accidentally knocked it over, spilling its contents onto the already messy workbench. Countless sheets of paper and files were soaked, not the mention the numerous crumpled tissues she’d left laying around. It was all now one big huge mess.

Tears began to well up in her fever-glassed eyes as frustration and exhaustion boiled beneath her skin. She let out a choked sigh, as a rough, raspy cough sent her spluttering against her hand.

Lena's frustration only grew as she began to  desperately search for tissues, she picked up the box only to find it empty. She could’ve sworn the empty box was smirking at her, laughing at her misery. Her burning sinuses throbbed, and her eyes watered from the strain of trying to make sense of her work. The desperate urge to sneeze intensified, and she knew she couldn't hold it back any longer.

"Hh'ihhiew! Hhh.. H'ihh’atshhi!" Lena's sneeze echoed in the empty lab, and she winced at the forceful release. With no tissues in sight, she wiped her nose on her sleeve, feeling utterly defeated.

All strength depleted, Lena sank to the floor, clutching her knees, and let out a congested sob.

This was not how it was supposed to be. She was supposed to be focused, determined, and unstoppable. But now, she felt weak, vulnerable, and unable to think clearly. It was all too much. The pressure to finish the project, her body was rebelling against her, all of it.

As Lena's congested sobs echoed in the lab, her phone began to ring insistently. She jumped in start before fumbling around in her pocket before pulling out the vibrating device. Her heart sank seeing Kara's name flashing on the screen. Shit. Guilt dawned on her and she suddenly remembered the plans they’d made for tonight. With a trembling hand, she answered the call, her voice horribly hoarse.

"Hel-hello?" Lena croaked out, her throat burning and sore.

"Lena? Where are you? We were supposed to have a date night tonight, remember?" Kara's voice carried a mixture of worry and irritation, “I’ve been sitting in this restaurant for over an hour now.”

"I'm... I'm in the lab," Lena replied, trying to mask all signs of anything being wrong.

"The lab? Lena, you promised me you wouldn't get too absorbed in your work this time. We haven't had quality time together in weeks," Kara's voice couldn’t mask her hurt but she also couldn’t miss the waver in her girlfriend’s voice, “Are you okay? Is something wrong love?”

Lena took a shaky breath, trying to hold back another flood of tears, “No- no, everything’s fine. I just lost track of time. Can we reschedule dinner? I just want to go home right now.”

Kara let out an exasperated sigh, "Alright, Lena. But this is the last time we reschedule, okay? I miss you and I want to spend time with my girlfriend, I’ve got so much Supergirl stuff coming up and I don’t know when we’ll get the time.”

Lena's heart sank even further, “I promise, Kara. I'll make it up to you, I promise," she replied, trying to sound as sincere as possible while desperately scrunching up her nose as she tried to drive away the itchy feeling creeping into her sinuses.

She just about managed to end the call in time before ducking forwards with another round of helpless sneezes that she was powerless to stop or cover, “Hh’atchoo! H'tshhu! Hhiihshhoo!” Lena whimpered as the harsh sneezes tore from her throat, every breath she took felt laboured.

As she stood up, a sudden wave of dizziness washed over her, causing her to stumble again. She reached for the doorknob to steady herself, but her hand slipped and the exhausted woman almost tripped right over her feet.

“Shit-“ She cursed as she steadied herself, vertigo making her regret her decision to wear heels. Well, to wear this outfit at all. Her sleek fashion definitely did well for appearances but her clothes really weren’t designed for comfort. She longed to be bundled up in soft sweatpants and a warm hoodie right about now.

Dragging herself out of the lab made every single joint in her body burn and ache. The bright LED’s lining the hallways only served to worsen her pounding headache. Eventually though, she made her way to the front of the building.

It was dark outside, normally it still would’ve been somewhat light but the sky was cast with thick dark clouds and she could see the rain battering against the huge, modern windows of the lobby.

Peering out into the street for her familiar black car, sudden realisation sank into her. Lena coughed miserably into her arm, wanting to cry once again. Earlier that day she’d given her driver the day off. She hadn’t felt nearly as shitty as she did now and she was dreadfully regretting that decision now.

Whatever. She’d just have to call a cab. She did have uber downloaded after all. Pulling out her phone, Lena swiped across the screen before pressing on the app. It opened slower then usual, something which usually only happened when-

The screen suddenly turned off, her reflection in the black screen staring back at her, “No, no, no!” Came her cry as the dreaded no battery logo flickered onto the screen before fading once again. 

Hopelessness. Frustration. Desperation.  All these emotions fizzled up as she sank back against the lobby wall. Everyone else had gone home hours ago, her lab was empty, her phone was dead, and she couldn't find her way home. The rain outside intensified and the idea of walking made her want to curl up into a ball and cry. 

As she huddled against the wall, Lena's body shivered with chills, her fever making her temperature swing wildly. She longed for a warm blanket to wrap herself in but that wasn’t going to happen. She had to get home. She’d promised Kara she would after all. So there was really only one choice left. She’d just have to suck it up and walk.

She peeled herself from the wall and took a step forward only to step, Lena barely had time to weakly bring her elbow up before she ducked forward into a set of itchy, draining sneezes, “Hh'ihhiew! Hhh..H'ihh’atshhi! H'tshhu!” She wished she could’ve stopped, to turn around and go sleep on the chair in her lab but she had to go home. Kara was waiting for her.

Lena's trembling steps carried her out into the pouring rain. The downpour soaked her clothes instantly. Each drop of rain felt like icy needles against her feverish skin. She tried to shield herself with her arms as she stumbled through the wet streets, her soaked clothes clinging uncomfortably to her body.

Her mind was foggy, and she struggled to remember the way. In reality it should’ve been only a 30 minute walk at most but her usual sharp and analytical mind was left compromised by the fever, leaving her feeling disoriented and lost as she stumbled her way through the dark and slippery streets.

At times, she had to lean against buildings or park benches to catch her breath and steady herself. The world around her seemed to spin chaotically, and her vision blurred but not once did she think about stopping.

As Lena continued her slow and determined journey, she could feel her energy draining rapidly. The world around her became a blur of colours and shapes, and the rain seemed to pound harder against her weakened body. Just as she was about to collapse, a familiar figure zoomed through the rain and landed in front of her, catching her in her arms.

"Lena? Lena! Oh my god, what are you doing out here? I was so worried about you!” Kara exclaimed, her eyes filled with both worry and relief as both women sank to the floor, Lena held firmly in her arms, “I’ve been looking all over for you! Rao, you’re soaked. What on earth are you doing out in this weather.”

"I... I had to come home," Lena managed to say, her voice barely audible above the rain she found herself sinking further into Kara’s arms as they held her close, “H-had no driver, needed to walk.” She spluttered off into an awful sounding cough prompting the Kyrptonian to pull her cape closely around her in a futile effort to warm the shivering Luthor up.

“Oh love.” Kara sighed as Lena muffled another exhausting sneeze against her, too drained to care about etiquette right now, “We’re gonna get you home okay? God forbid you get pneumonia for being outside like this.”

The following hour or so was a blur. She’d felt Kara raise her up in her arms as she flew them home. Her eyes felt too heavy to keep open as she drifted in and out of consciousness. She’d vaguely remembered being ushered into a warm shower.  The feeling of the warm water hitting her feverish skin as she sat down against the tiled floor was uncomfortable to say the least but she was so, so cold that she welcomed it with ease. Then there was Kara. She’d stayed by her side, keeping her sitting upright under the water despite her still being clothed herself before gently hoisting Lena up and draping a soft, warm cotton towel around her once the water had stopped.

The next thing she knew, Lena was tucked into bed adorned in a pair of soft pyjamas and a thick blanket was placed over the duvet.

She was about to call out for Kara when her breath hitched and she was just barely able to turn her head before sneezing into the sheets, “Hh’itshu! H.hH’tshh!”

“Oh love, bless you.” Came the warm, soft voice of her girlfriend as she came into the room with a box of tissues in hand and a bottle of NyQuil in the other along with another small box of something she didn’t recognise, “Here baby, use these.” She offered, placing the box onto the top of the blankets.

“I’m glad I found you when I did, that fever of yours is no joke. I was really worried about you Lee.” Kara whispered as she came to slide into the empty side of the bed, welcoming Lena in as she budged closer towards her.

“I’m sorry.” The Luthor rasped, her voice was entirely gone now and if it wasn’t for her girlfriend’s super hearing she probably wouldn’t have heard her at all.

“No, now is not the time for apologies. You don’t have anything to be sorry for.” She replied, running her hand through the ravenette’s hair, “Poor girl, you must feel awful, hm?”

Lena only managed a nod in reply before giving into the burning in her chest as she coughed thickly into the Kyrptonian’s side.

Kara sighed, moving her hand away so she could rub the Luthor’s back as she wheezed, “Here baby, do you think you could take this for me? I promise it’ll help you feel better.” She asked before taking the NyQuil and pouring out a dose and handing it to her.

She took the medicine without a fuss and as she did so, Kara opened the second small box and pulled out a small blue gel sheet before laying it carefully along Lena’s sweat soaked brow. It was cool, comforting so and it felt amazing against the heat settled deep into her skin.

Soon enough, the medicine began to take effect and her eyelids grew heavy as the pull of sleep tugged at her, luring her in. Kara continued to hold her close as the youngest Luthor gave in and allowed herself to fall into a soft sleep, finally able to fully rest.

Tomorrow was bound to be stressful, there was no doubt she’d have to skip work. In fact she had no business being in work for the rest of the week. But she wouldn’t be alone. After all, she had Supergirl by her side and she wasn’t just a hero. Kara was her girlfriend.

you were very much so right, the world is significantly better because of your supercorp contribution. allow me to be the first to say this was great. well written and god, that frustrated but not willing to ask Kara for help seems like such a Lena thing to do i can literally see this whole thing playing out. so good job, and i look forward to more world-bettering supercorp love :)

4 hours ago, uwus and love said:

you were very much so right, the world is significantly better because of your supercorp contribution. allow me to be the first to say this was great. well written and god, that frustrated but not willing to ask Kara for help seems like such a Lena thing to do i can literally see this whole thing playing out. so good job, and i look forward to more world-bettering supercorp love :)

Ooh I’m glad you enjoyed then :DD Thanks for the comment :) It’s good to see other people enjoy supercorp too

would there be anything you’d wanna see in another supercorp story?

Gahhhh I LOVE THIS! They are one of my fave ships. This is perfect. Sick little Lena is my fave and love the caretaking and the snuggling while sneezing/coughing! I would love to see more of this type of work or anything else you feel inspired to write/share!

8 hours ago, Mems said:

Gahhhh I LOVE THIS! They are one of my fave ships. This is perfect. Sick little Lena is my fave and love the caretaking and the snuggling while sneezing/coughing! I would love to see more of this type of work or anything else you feel inspired to write/share!

aah ty! I've got quite a few more supercorp stuff already written :] I have way over a 100 different stories and stuff (some are lighter "sfw/vanilla" style) over on tumblr <- linked here (works best on mobile app but browser is okay too!).  I couldnt find anything about not linking in the rules but if thats not allowed, mods please feel free to remove it :] But over there I have prompt lists ect, people can send requests/messages about certain specific things/ideas they wanna see in future works :D 

Ohh this hit the SPOT! Will never not be tired of seeing supercorp in any capacity. This was beautifully written and honestly so needed!😍

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you so much. This was an incredible read and hit me in all the right places, I look forward to reading more from you!!