Sneeze Fetish Forum

Blessing people when you don’t want to

peach2218

Up until a few years ago, I couldn’t bless anyone. Now, with practice, I can say it to most friends and acquaintances and I usually enjoy it. 

Lately I’ve been saying bless you to people who I normally wouldn’t. People who I’m not attracted to in the least, or who I don’t like in general. Not because I want to, but because it feels necessary at times and it prevents an awkward silence. 

For example, one of my coworkers is a lady 40 years my senior and she will bless herself if she sneezed and no one else says it. I find that even cringier than just powering through it and saying bless you, so I’ve blessed her a few times recently even though I didn’t want to. I draw the line at blessing family, though. I’d rather pull my spleen out of my bellybutton. 

Have you gotten into the habit of saying bless you to people you would rather ignore? 

Yup. I sort of just shut off my brain and say it. :) It tends to avoid further conversation around the topic which is good :D 

14 hours ago, peach2218 said:

I’d rather pull my spleen out of my bellybutton. 

Deeply relatable LOL. 

Blessing is a huge part of my fetish but I agree that powering through and saying it will help me avoid further conversation about it. I almost only bless people who bless others though because I feel like they expect it to be said back to them. 

Even then, I will only bless a blesser if they are someone I feel comfortable around. These are usually friends, mentors, or other close relationships but never family. No one can make me bless someone though if I deeply don't want to. 

Edited by Melody
1 hour ago, Melody said:

I almost only bless people who bless others though because I feel like they expect it to be said back to them. 

I usually stick to this rule too. It’s easier to say it to someone who appreciates it and is expecting it. 

Almost everyone I work with is a blesser, so I’ve been saying it a lot more frequently lately and it’s helped me get more comfortable saying it. I remember 5-10 years ago I would have died of embarrassment if I had to bless someone. 

I grew up in a family and a culture that never blessed people, so it didn’t come naturally to me.

I started doing it as an adult, but I don’t remember when, just that it was some time after I told my husband and started to get a little more comfortable about the fetish.

I never bless my parents or parents-in-law though, because of the sexual connotations it holds for me means it would be extremely uncomfortable and awkward for me, though other family members I do without a problem. Luckily, no one has ever noticed the discrepancy!

I really enjoy blessing people now and wish I was on the receiving end more often!

On 8/9/2023 at 2:54 AM, peach2218 said:

Have you gotten into the habit of saying bless you to people you would rather ignore? 

Never really. I think it's super nice but the mental block for me is way too strong to even say it to people I enjoy. 

16 hours ago, solitaire-au said:

I really enjoy blessing people now and wish I was on the receiving end more often!

Same, but my mental block is so strong that I don’t sneeze in front of anyone. And my husband doesn’t bless so I very, very rarely (like once a year) sneeze in front of him because what’s the point? 😅

UGH i literally could not bless people until i was in college. it always feels super awkward to me still but i just get it over with to be polite. my mom used to get mad at me for not blessing her but i could not do it. 

i have always felt really uncomfortable sneezing around people because of it. the only person i can sneeze around is my girlfriend, everyone else i usually manage to stop around or at least stifle it super well 😅

On 8/9/2023 at 11:54 AM, peach2218 said:

Not really, I don't think the words have ever exited my mouth out loud since I was like 13 and self conscious. I would never say it to anyone, whether they're my family or friends I don't care it's just so embarassing and weird to acknowledge it like aaaaaaaaaaa. The only scenario in which I would say it would have to be like if I were in a relationship and it was kinda sexy but I'm not even sure about that. 

• 1 month later...