Sneeze Fetish Forum

How did we get this?

TheSneezeGirl

Does anyone ever wonder how we ended up liking sneezing so much? I’ve liked it for literally as long as I can remember. When I was little, I was obsessed with sneezing and used to make myself sneeze all the time. I didn’t know why, I just knew I liked it and it made me feel “funny”. Do you think it’s something that is just ingrained inside us, or something that has come from our circumstances and lives? 

17 hours ago, TheSneezeGuy said:

Does anyone ever wonder how we ended up liking sneezing so much? I’ve liked it for literally as long as I can remember. When I was little, I was obsessed with sneezing and used to make myself sneeze all the time. I didn’t know why, I just knew I liked it and it made me feel “funny”. Do you think it’s something that is just ingrained inside us, or something that has come from our circumstances and lives? 

I have wondered the same thing from time to time!  From the stuff that I have read about regarding fetishes, the sneezing (and nose blowing) fetish is one of the "harmless" ones....

I have no idea but I think it would be interesting to read up about it although I’m not sure how much research has been done into the cause of fetishes. Has anybody read anything interesting?

I always wonder about it though. Like if I had different experiences growing up would I like the same things now? I don’t know. I tend to think it’s easier and more comforting to believe that I am born liking what I like; so there is no room for me to believe it can be changed or I could have changed it.

5 minutes ago, normalgrl said:

I have no idea but I think it would be interesting to read up about it although I’m not sure how much research has been done into the cause of fetishes. Has anybody read anything interesting?

I always wonder about it though. Like if I had different experiences growing up would I like the same things now? I don’t know. I tend to think it’s easier and more comforting to believe that I am born liking what I like; so there is no room for me to believe it can be changed or I could have changed it.

I will try to find some articles on it and post the links on here.  It will be a fun little experiment for me..lol!  

My apologies if I missed a post where you already stated this, but, what are you into (fetish wise)?

2 minutes ago, Yep said:

I will try to find some articles on it and post the links on here.  It will be a fun little experiment for me..lol!  

My apologies if I missed a post where you already stated this, but, what are you into (fetish wise)?

Sneezinghaha 

7 minutes ago, normalgrl said:

Sneezinghaha 

Well, I just had that "duh" moment...lol.  Is it just sneezing, or are you into other things as well?  

20 minutes ago, Yep said:

Well, I just had that "duh" moment...lol.  Is it just sneezing, or are you into other things as well?  

Lol

well u know obviously there are specific things I like about sneezing but that’s a good umbrella term for now. I don’t know of any other things I’m into . What about u?

1 hour ago, normalgrl said:

Lol

well u know obviously there are specific things I like about sneezing but that’s a good umbrella term for now. I don’t know of any other things I’m into . What about u?

I would love to hear about the specific things you like about sneezing when you’re ready to share!

I am into sneezing, nose blowing, caretaking, tissues, and tissue boxes.  Lol. Crazy, right?

Has anyone ever considered whether it might be... hereditary? I know early childhood experiences is a more common interpretation, but since no-one knows, I wonder if that could be the case as well. We generally have it "as long as we remember", but what if we have it even before that time..? I'm not an expert and maybe it is commonly accepted but I'm sure there are at least theories that infants do have developed sexuality.

Also, does anyone have any sort of evidence that another family member might have the fetish? Even if you consider it confirmation bias.

3 minutes ago, Roza said:

Has anyone ever considered whether it might be... hereditary? I know early childhood experiences is a more common interpretation, but since no-one knows, I wonder if that could be the case as well. We generally have it "as long as we remember", but what if we have it even before that time..? I'm not an expert and maybe it is commonly accepted but I'm sure there are at least theories that infants do have developed sexuality.

Also, does anyone have any sort of evidence that another family member might have the fetish? Even if you consider it confirmation bias.

I've also wondered this. I've chatted with some people and wondered if general non-normal sexual tendencies are hereditary. I was thinking maybe if not exactly the sneeze fetish, that just the predisposition to have a fetish gets transmitted genetically?

I don't have an answer for how I got this fetish. I've had it for as long as I can remember. I'm assuming I was born with it.

I've always been fascinated and attracted to sneezing and noses

i don’t remember anything specific that set it off per say, i literally always remember feeling “weird” when it came to sneezing and not knowing why 

12 hours ago, Roza said:

Super interesting questions — I’m by no means an expert on this stuff but in my experience, it doesn’t seem as though anyone I’m related to has it. In fact, everyone in my family seems comfortable with the topic of sneezing or anything related to it. This is totally in contrast to me (and to my knowledge, most other sneeze fetishists). I hate discussing or acknowledging sneezing with my family and I’m the only one who avoids talking about it. However, this doesn’t completely rule it out; some fetishists don’t mind that kind of stuff at all. I wouldn’t be surprised if someone else does suspect a family member of also having it, but for me that’s not the case. I’m interested to see what others have to say!

I have thought about this A LOT. I really do think I've always had it. As early as I can remember I felt weird whenever I saw sneezing on tv and it made me extremely self conscious but I didn't know why. I would make up these fantasy stories in my head about characters I'd invented, all centered around sneezing and trying not to sneeze. This was long before I had any other, more standard "fantasies."

When I was a teen I realized that it must be a fetish and for a long time I blocked it out, I just wouldn't let myself go there bc I didn't want to be "weird." Wasn't til I was 19 that I finally gave in and started looking up stories and content etc. 

To me, it just always seemed to be a universal truth that no one else was acknowledging. Of course a sneeze attack is a huge moment and super cute and even exciting when it’s someone you fancy. Everyone else is the weird ones 😂

On 8/18/2023 at 8:00 AM, mordaciousghost said:

I have thought about this A LOT. I really do think I've always had it. As early as I can remember I felt weird whenever I saw sneezing on tv and it made me extremely self conscious but I didn't know why. I would make up these fantasy stories in my head about characters I'd invented, all centered around sneezing and trying not to sneeze. This was long before I had any other, more standard "fantasies."

When I was a teen I realized that it must be a fetish and for a long time I blocked it out, I just wouldn't let myself go there bc I didn't want to be "weird." Wasn't til I was 19 that I finally gave in and started looking up stories and content etc. 

Oh my god, I relate so much, just change 19 for 20 and that's basically me. No, apart from the fact that I had never termed it as a "fetish" in my head till I did the research and felt ultra weird deeming myself a "fetishist".

On 8/18/2023 at 4:59 PM, ALSF said:

To me, it just always seemed to be a universal truth that no one else was acknowledging. Of course a sneeze attack is a huge moment and super cute and even exciting when it’s someone you fancy. Everyone else is the weird ones 😂

So... when I was first doing my research, mind you, not till I turned 20 as said above, I thought that maybe... it WOULD be a universal thing, finding sneezes "cute" and maybe people didn't talk about it like they wouldn't talk about sexual stuff so overtly in general😅 Of course it was mostly wishful thinking, I highly doubt I'd ever seriously bet on this idea, haha

On 8/21/2023 at 7:10 AM, Roza said:

So... when I was first doing my research, mind you, not till I turned 20 as said above, I thought that maybe... it WOULD be a universal thing, finding sneezes "cute" and maybe people didn't talk about it like they wouldn't talk about sexual stuff so overtly in general😅 Of course it was mostly wishful thinking, I highly doubt I'd ever seriously bet on this idea, haha

lol I've (unfortunately) told a lot of girls about my fetish and no, it's not something people relate to. But often I am met with interest or thinking it's cute. Still though some are immediately put off. It's weird cuz everyone has their own reaction and there's no way to know how it's gonna be. However, with sneezes being intrinisic to each person and such a passionate burst of energy that reveals something you cant hide about yourself, I really think there is some universal truth to the attractiveness of them. People have expressed that they think it is cute, just not hot. But it's hard to imagine someone seeing a hot person they're attracted to have a big sneezing fit and not being somewhat interested haha

A lot of things which people find attractive are very intimate, personal. Sneezing, nose blowing, etc, are very much in these categories, so it shouldn’t be seen as so odd that for some they become fetishes. 

No idea how or why I got this. I will say, though, that I was a sickly kid…allergic & asthmatic, runny-nosed all the time. And I’ve spoken with a few other fetishists who were also sickly as kids, so maybe there’s something there.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/24/2023 at 4:18 PM, sneezy_wheezy_bby said:

No idea how or why I got this. I will say, though, that I was a sickly kid…allergic & asthmatic, runny-nosed all the time. And I’ve spoken with a few other fetishists who were also sickly as kids, so maybe there’s something there.

This is interesting and indeed a lot of people around here seem to be the case, but I've never been that... Neither me, nor any relatives, I might be the exception to the rule though!