Sneeze Fetish Forum

User icons seem to be somewhat broken

Wig_Powder

I just noticed that my user icon, which I've been using ever since I joined and have never mucked around with, stopped appearing on any posts I've made, be they recent or old. This appears to be the case whether I'm logged into the forum or not. While this doesn't appear to be a problem for those who get a default icon that connects to the first letter or number of their name, I did notice that a lot of people with custom user icons also seem to be having this problem; instead of showing an image, there's a blank space where the picture should be, and the username is written in much smaller font, sometimes blending with the actual use of the username. When I checked my icon via my profile, I saw the "broken image" icon instead of my actual photo. Fortunately, I was able to recreate my icon, but I was wondering if you have any idea what's caused this (a new site update, maybe?) and if there's any way to restore icons outside of having to remake it yourself.

I see both you guys' icons and mine okay! I'm on mobile if this helps anyone trying to figure out what's up.

I'm assuming the avatars are not coming back any time soon or at all - is it worth me just getting another one? My old avatar had been with me since I signed up - it will be like the end of an era :lol: 

12 minutes ago, NoV said:

I'm assuming the avatars are not coming back any time soon or at all - is it worth me just getting another one? My old avatar had been with me since I signed up - it will be like the end of an era :lol: 

I was going to ask you if you'd tried doing a hard refresh of the page and all that good stuff, then I did one to see if I remembered the correct button combination aaaand...now I can see everyone's BUT yours. :laugh:

I could see all the avatars just fine right before I did that, including NoV's!

Just a little bit of info for anyone looking into this in case it helps lead to a solution!

On 8/19/2023 at 1:14 PM, SleepingPhlox said:

I could see all the avatars just fine right before I did that, including NoV's!

Strange :D For a time I could see my avatar on my mobile but not my laptop, then it disappeared from there too. There are still several members who have the broken link picture for me, and it seems to be those who have not changed their avatar in a long time (like me!)

Anyway, got myself a new one now. Still a pollen grain though, didn't want to go completely crazy :lol: