Sneeze Fetish Forum

Do you like getting blessed?

Juliana

If you know me, you know I have terrible terrible allergies all year long. I started a new job at the beginning of they year and all of my new coworkers all bless each other. 

I am definitely by far the sneeziest one there and probably take up 80% of the blesses… but I don’t think I’ve ever worked anywhere else before where my colleagues constantly hand out bless you’s! 

I usually don’t like to be blessed either, unless it’s my fiancée. But this is ok. Mainly because sometimes they will follow up the bless you with “wow that was a big one” or “your hayfever is bad today huh!”

They will also comment when you’re having a particularly sneezy day. 

I just find it really interesting… anyone else’s coworkers do this?

I absolutely love getting blessed. It’s a huge part of the fetish for me. The only work environment I had where there was a lot of blessers was my first job at McDonalds, around 13 years ago. I was 16 so I was still super shy. I got there in the end though and was comfortable and got used to it. 

I'd say overall it makes me very uncomfortable and I don't really like it. I like watching others get blessed though.

I love getting blessed! Especially by people I suspect of having this fetish, makes me feel appreciated.

I love it and it's a huge part of the fetish for me as well. Love blessing and getting blessed (except from family lol), specially when it's in a sweet and caring way ❤️

It would depend on the person blessing me. Strangers/family? Hell no. Friends? Yeah, I do like it when friends bless me. But I have a very strong mental block so my friends have never seen me sneeze. 

I like to be blessed and to bless other people, but I don't bless everyone all the time. I think where I'm from the blessing phrase in itself is not as "caring" as the english bless you, if that makes any sense? It is still a kind and caring thing to say of course, but a bit different still. And since I only consume sneeze content in english there is a distinct difference between the two phrases so I don't feel weird about it. It's more of a precious thing to be handed out. 

If anybody ever blessed me in real life, I'd panic because that would mean they heard me sneeze! 🤣 I have a mental block when I'm with people - not because I'm shy about my sneezes as such; I actually like the loud and forceful sound of it. But given that a sneeze is more to me than just a sneeze, I just don't want people to witness it. It's too intimate and private. So I truly hope nobody will ever bless me when I sneeze (= nobody will ever notice when I sneeze).

Online it's a different matter. 😅 When I chat with someone from our community, I like talking about my sneezes, and I enjoy being blessed. And I love blessing people in return. 😊

@sneezysunshine It's interesting what you wrote above. Would you like to share where you are from? (No problem if you prefer to keep it secret! Just curious! 🌻) I'm from Germany, and I don't really like our "Gesundheit" which simply means "health". I think "Bless you" is much nicer. 🥰

Mostly indifferent to being blessed
Sometimes I accept it, sometimes I ignore it.

Something that annoys me though, people who bless themselves

I'm not sure why, but it just comes off as arrogant to me for some reason

I don't mind being blessed as long as the person doesn't really emphasize it or start talking about my sneezes. Otherwise I'll get embarrassed. But if it's someone from the community, that's a different story. An emphatic "bless you" is always appreciated. IRL, I've gotten good at casually blessing someone and acting like I don't think anything of it. But if they start having a fit, then I just freeze up haha.

8 hours ago, kiku said:

@sneezysunshine It's interesting what you wrote above. Would you like to share where you are from? (No problem if you prefer to keep it secret! Just curious! 🌻) I'm from Germany, and I don't really like our "Gesundheit" which simply means "health". I think "Bless you" is much nicer. 🥰

I am from Sweden! Here we say "prosit" which (needed to google this one) basically means "may it be of use" or "may it be good". It's a latin word and just used as a response to someone sneezing and it doesn't have multiple uses in the same way as the "Bless you" does. I totally agree off the "Bless you" being much nicer, and also easier to say in a nice way? I have been working in an international group the couple of weeks and we had one guy being very sneezy last week and after a couple of sneezes I dared to say bless you (which was harder since I don't think I've ever blessed anyone irl in english before) and it was nice since he looked very happy it as he thanked me. So then I did it more often for the rest of the week as he continued to sneeze a lot haha. Good practice for me 😂

@sneezysunshine Oooohh how lucky you got to witness some nice sneezes! 😊 And it's sweet that the guy seemed happy as you blessed him. 🥰
Ah, from Sweden, I see! Interesting that you say "Prosit" when someone sneezes. I think it was used in German too in earlier times, but would sound old-fashioned today. But I remember my grandma used to say "Prost!" (=Cheers!) whenever someone sneezed. In Austria, I also heard some people say "Zum Wohl" to a sneezer, which also means "Cheers".
I'm always fascinated by regional differences like that. 🌏

Absolutely not! :D Anything that draws attention to me regarding sneezing, positive or negative is something that I would find difficult to deal with as I always feel that any interaction with other involving sneezing is going to give me away. Luckily my ability to block a sneeze in public is pretty much bomb-proof :lol: 

16 hours ago, kiku said:

If anybody ever blessed me in real life, I'd panic because that would mean they heard me sneeze!

I know right. I gonna be embarrassed if someone blessed me. I usually try to hold back because of that and it literally means they heard my sneezes.  When they added like “did you catch a cold” or “that’s a big one” 🥵 

In theory I’m pretty sure I would, but I never sneeze in front of anyone. Not even my husband. He doesn’t bless anyway, so it would be a wasted sneeze 😅

On 8/23/2023 at 9:08 AM, sneezysunshine said:

I am from Sweden! Here we say "prosit" which (needed to google this one) basically means "may it be of use" or "may it be good". It's a latin word and just used as a response to someone sneezing and it doesn't have multiple uses in the same way as the "Bless you" does. I totally agree off the "Bless you" being much nicer, and also easier to say in a nice way? I have been working in an international group the couple of weeks and we had one guy being very sneezy last week and after a couple of sneezes I dared to say bless you (which was harder since I don't think I've ever blessed anyone irl in english before) and it was nice since he looked very happy it as he thanked me. So then I did it more often for the rest of the week as he continued to sneeze a lot haha. Good practice for me 😂

the word for "bless you" in my country translates to "cheers" like when we drink we say the same word when someone sneezes too😭

• 3 months later...

sometimes. really only by my partner. in public/by strangers its embarrassing. just being perceived in public can be embarrassing but then with the sneezing added onto it…nope 😂

• 5 weeks later...

I only enjoy it if it’s my fiance saying it. And idk why instead of bless you he says god bless but I like that better for some reason lol 

In general, no, I’d rather nothing was said and we just moved on from me sneezing. I did enjoy it when my ex partner blessed me though, especially when it was full of sympathy because I was sick or struggling with allergies. They did know about the fetish though so I was a lot more comfortable with fetishy related things with them

I didn’t use to like being blessed because the attention made me feel embarrassed. Over time, I got over it, and now I enjoy it the attention, but of course, it rarely happens. :(

If my allergies were still poorly controlled, I’d probably still find it embarrassing.

I grew up in a multicultural family that didn’t bless people, but now I bless just about everybody. (With the except of parents and parents-in-law because it’s too uncomfortable for me.)

If you've known me for more than a day, I can guarantee the blessing won't continue onto day two 🤣

I don't particularly like it anyway, it just draws more unwanted attention.. 

On 1/15/2024 at 6:27 PM, outdagamee said:

Oh my gosh so I got really lucky today. I was coming back from vacation, checking in my suitcases at the airport, and the guy collecting my suitcase asked me to place it on the scale to be weighed. He had on a mask (which I guess is required still for airport workers). He was tall about at about 6'2, a little muscular but chubby with black hair. He was a big guy though. When he grabbed my suitcase he suddenly dropped it and started backing away from me. I was confused for a minute but to my surprise he turned his head away from the scale and let out a HUGE wet "Hyyyrishhuuuu" right into his mask! My heart was pounding with joy 😭. I gave him a shy "bless you" and he said "phew...thank you!". It was such a big sneeze that it made him a little winded and jerked his entire body forward! He's such a big guy too and they tend to have stronger sneezes. Anyways, he was still sniffing a bit while finishing my check in. I was thinking maybe he'd do another but unfortunately not. However, I looked closely and saw a very little wet spot on the front of his mask! I got a front row seat to a wet sneeze 😋. I wonder what it would've been like if he didn't have the mask on...

3 hours ago, kiku said:

If he was serious, he was an idiot! :banging:

@ConstantlySneezing Welcome back! 👋

On 8/22/2023 at 5:48 PM, kiku said:

If anybody ever blessed me in real life, I'd panic because that would mean they heard me sneeze! 🤣 I have a mental block when I'm with people - not because I'm shy about my sneezes as such; I actually like the loud and forceful sound of it. But given that a sneeze is more to me than just a sneeze, I just don't want people to witness it. It's too intimate and private. So I truly hope nobody will ever bless me when I sneeze (= nobody will ever notice when I sneeze).

Online it's a different matter. 😅 When I chat with someone from our community, I like talking about my sneezes, and I enjoy being blessed. And I love blessing people in return. 😊

It seems like there's been much less public sneezing thanks to the pandemic and mask wearing, at least from my observations; yes/no?

On 8/21/2023 at 10:59 PM, Melody said:

I'd say overall it makes me very uncomfortable and I don't really like it. I like watching others get blessed though.

i agree it’s part of it when watching it as well if it my significant other i actually enjoy it even tho i’m super shy about sneezing infront if people