Sneeze Fetish Forum

Sicktember 2023 Collection (F/F - Marvel, Supergirl)

Selkie

Okay so in case you aren't familiar over on tumblr there's an event called Sicktember, which is when you write a sickfic for everyday on the month using the following prompts! Im participating this year and I'm gonna post them over here too :] They arent too long, most range from 500- a few thousand words bit still, should be fun! See the list below to see what to expect!  (R = reader btw)

1. Hopelessly Bad At Self-Care - Wanda Maximoff x R
2. Quest for a cure - WandaNat x R
3. "What happened to your phenomenal immune system, huh?" - Kara Danvers x R 
4. Hiding an Illness - Florence Pugh x R 
5. Preventative Measures (Not Taken)  - Alex Danvers x Maggie Sawyer
6. Sick and Injured - Natasha Romanoff x R 
7. “You’re a jerk when you’re sick” - Yelena Belova x R 
8. Persistent Fever - WandaNat
9. Pounding Headache - Alex Danvers x R
10. “The only place we’re going is to the pharmacy” - Wanda Maximoff x R
11. Beginner’s Guide to Faking Sick - WandaNat
12. Old Wives Tale - Florence Pugh x R
13. Forehead Kisses - Scarlett Johansson x R
14. ‘‘I shouldn’t be worried about you, but for some reason I am’’  - Lena Luthor x R
15. Sick in an Inconvenient Place - Lizzie Olsen x R
16. Consulting the Internet/Web MD - Kara Danvers x R
17. Magical Remedy/Healing Potion  - WandaNat
18. “Wear your coat, you’ll catch a cold”  - Lena Luthor x R
19. Curled Up With a Pet - Natasha Romanoff x R
20. Cramping Pain  - Kate Bishop x R
21. "But if you stay, you'll get sick too"  - Natasha Romanoff x R
22. Terms of Endearment/Nicknames  - Supercorp x R 
23. Coughing Fit - Florence Pugh x R
24. “Did you just sneeze?” - Kate Bishop x R 
25. “I Could Really Use a Hug Right About Now” - WandaNat x R
26. Fuzzy Socks - Supercorp
27. Uncooperative Patient  - WandaNat x R
28. “I should have stayed home”  - WandaNat
29. Side Effects/Adverse Reaction - Scarlett Johansson x R
30. Patient - Alex Danvers x R

I hope you enjoy reading, let me know what you think or if you have any ideas to add into stories for the prompts! ;D 
.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。..・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。

Day 1 - Hopelessly Bad at Self-Care
╘═══════════════╛
“Oh, darling how did we get into this position.” A quiet soothing voice lulled as you struggled to stay awake against the seemingly endless pull of exhaustion tugging at your body. You were hot, far too hot. Wanda was trying to best to keep you cool as she gently dabbed a wet cloth to your forehead and cheeks, every so often dunking it into the cool vat of water beside her. 

You managed to crack open your eyes, the room appearing blurry and hazy. Your body felt heavy, weighed down by the fever coursing through you. The soft glow of Wanda's powers illuminated the room, casting a comforting light as she continued to tend to you.  “I... don’t know?” You croaked out, your throat felt like it was lined with thousands of tiny shards of glass, each one tearing into your raw flesh with every word you spoke. Of course, you knew why – it was beyond obvious. 

You tried to recall the events leading up to your current state. It started with a mild headache a few days ago, which quickly escalated into body aches, chills, and a high fever. You had hoped it would pass, but it only worsened with each passing day. Now, you were confined to bed, weakened and unable to do much for yourself. Maybe you should’ve taken it easy... those brutal training sessions you’d forced yourself through as a test of endurance probably weren’t a good idea in hindsight. 

Before you knew it, your nose began to itch desperately, normally you'd be so careful about covering but with your mind swamped with fever you barely turned away from Wanda to sneeze messily into the covers, Hh’itshhu! Hh.hih..huh-Hup’tshh!” 

"God bless you." Wanda dipped the cloth into the cool water once again and wrung it out, then placed it gently on your forehead. The soothing sensation brought some relief to the burning heat radiating from your body. You closed your eyes, letting out a soft sigh.  “This is why we have to take care of ourselves, we could’ve avoided this, couldn’t we darling?” She sighed, as her hand came to enclose your own. 

"I'm sorry.” You managed to whisper; your voice barely audible. Guilt gnawed at you, knowing that your reckless actions had not only affected yourself but also burdened Wanda with the task of nursing you back to health, "I didnt m-mean to Hhi'iishoo!- be a b-bothHh'TSHh!

Wanda's thumb gently stroked the back of your hand as she said, "There’s no need for apologies, my love. I just wish you’d look out for yourself the same way you do for others.”  You tried to nod, but the effort was too much. Instead, you squeezed her hand weakly, trying to convey your gratitude and understanding. Wanda always had a way of calming you, even in the worst of situations. 

You tried to nod, but the effort was too much. Instead, you squeezed her hand weakly, trying to convey your gratitude and understanding. Wanda always had a way of calming you, even in the worst of situations. 

As the night wore on, you drifted in and out of consciousness, delirious with fever. Wanda stayed by your side, never leaving, her powers continuously working to ease your discomfort. She had created a small barrier around the bed, ensuring no one would disturb your rest. After all, you’d done it for her countless times already and despite your hopelessness at taking care of yourself, there was nothing wrong with returning the favour. 

Day 2 - Quest For A Cure
╘═══════════════╛

“Natasha you can’t cure the common cold.” You sighed for what must’ve been the fifth time that evening as the sniffly Widow pouted miserably, “Not even Wanda’s magic can do that, you’ve just got to ride it out honey.” That answer didn’t seem to please your girlfriend however because she simply mumbled something because pulling the surrounding blanket more tightly around herself.

"Can't you just go out on a quest for a cure or something? Go pester Bruce for one." She sniffled miserably. She wasn’t usually like this when she was sick. Normally she’d be stomping around insisting that she was fine, and that’s what she had been doing, for the first few days at least. Now she was on day 5 and much to her annoyance, wasn’t feeling any better at all. So, she’d decided to give the opposite route a try – wallowing in her misery.

You watched as Natasha continued to pout, her nose red and her voice barely more than a croak when she muttered, "It’s so stupid! I can't even breathe properly, and my head feels like it's going to explode and my nose! I constantly hHh- have to - ii'SHHIEW! See!

You couldn't help but sympathise as you ran your hand through her messy hair, "I know, sweetheart," you said softly, placing a hand on her forehead, which was burning with fever, “You’ll be okay though, I promise.”

Just as you were contemplating how to lift her spirits, the door to the bedroom creaked open, and in walked Wanda, carrying a tray with a steaming cup of tea. She wore a gentle smile as she offered out the hot drink, “Here baby, drink this, okay?”

Natasha accepted it gratefully, trying to hide her wince of discomfort as she pushed herself to sit up in the bed, “You really can't just magic this away?” She looked up to Wanda with her glassy, green eyes, trying to cling onto the last glint of hope she had.

“It doesn’t work like that Tasha, I’m sorry.” The witch murmured apologetically, “Technically I could alleviate your symptoms a little, it’d only be temporarily but they’d only come back worse, and we don’t want that, do we?”

The redhead only shook her head as she sipped the hot liquid. It didn’t have the intended effect however as she ending up coughing and spluttered on the tea instead. It was a chesty, congested cough, one made which her misery obvious.

“Poor girl.” You mumbled, handing her a tissue to which she spat into and wrinkled her face in disgust.

She crumpled up the tissue, leaning over to throw it in the wastebasket by the side of the bed, “Ugh, sorry.” She apologised weakly, clearing her throat to rid her voice of its raspy undertone.

Wanda shook her head as she softly rubbed her shoulder, “You don’t need to apologise, now I know we can’t exactly cure this but do you wanna try and clear out of some of that congestion?” She offered, looking towards the bathroom.

You picked up what she was hinting at and slipped out of the bed and headed into it, leaving Wanda to bring Natasha when she was ready. You shut the bathroom door behind you and turned the shower onto the highest setting.

Before long, the room was filled with hot steam, enough to bring you to a light sweat. As if on cue, the door behind you opened a little, and in shuffled your two girlfriends.
Nat had changed from her hoodie and into a thin vest top at Wanda’s request - she didn’t want her to overheat.  You moved to cup your girlfriend’s face, somehow under the bright LEDs she somehow looked paler, her red cheeks and nose becoming more prominent.

She took a deep breath, the warm mist instantly soothing her irritated airways. She closed her eyes, leaning forward slightly to allow the steam to surround her. Her shoulders relaxed, and her expression shifted from one of misery to one of slight relief.

You watched as Natasha's chest rose and fell, the steam gradually working its magic. Minutes passed, and then suddenly, Natasha let out a pronounced and unexpected "Hhi-hh’tshhu!” She inhaled deeply and then sneezed again, "HH..Hi-Hh’tschoo!”

“Bless you darling.” Wanda whispered, heading back to the bedroom to fetch the box of tissues, “The steam helping a little honey?” She asked, handing her the box.
The assassin nodded, taking the box as she sat down on the floor, “A little.”

“Just keep breathing the steam in sweetheart.” You instructed, as the two of you kneeled down to sit beside her, “It’ll get rid of all that nasty gunk in your head.”
As the minutes passed, the warmth and moisture continued to work their soothing magic on her congested sinuses. She let out another gentle "Hh..Hii’shu!" as she rested her head against Wanda’s shoulder, her body feeling heavy with fatigue.

Wanda ran her hand through the redhead’s dampening hair, “Try to stay awake sweetheart, I know you’re tired.” She handed her another tissue when Nat leant away to sneeze yet again, murmuring a soft ‘bless you’ in Sokovian as she did so.

Natasha shook her head, before blowing her nose, “Mm’not gonna fall asleep.”

Oh but she did.

Still, neither one of you had the heart to wake her when the redhead’s tired eyes fell closed once more and you could feel her grow relaxed against your front as she gave into the lure of sleep.

“She’s exhausted.” Wanda sighed, coming to sit beside you, letting you lean your head onto her shoulder as the two of you kept Nat close-by.

“Should we get her into bed?” You whispered, rubbing your thumb over the witch’s hand before tucking a dampened strand of hair behind her ear, “You’re tired too love.”

“We both are but let’s just stay here for a little bit.” She murmured, looking down lovingly at her sleeping girlfriend.

“Okay, just for a little while.”

Oh boy, oh boy, I am so excited that you are doing this challenge.  It means so much more writing from you! Absolutely fantastic start, can't wait to see what you come up with for the other days prompts!!!

23 hours ago, SleepingPhlox said:

Oh boy, oh boy, I am so excited that you are doing this challenge.  It means so much more writing from you! Absolutely fantastic start, can't wait to see what you come up with for the other days prompts!!!

Ooh Im so glad you're excited! I am too ;D I'd love to see some feedback if people are enjoying this :) 

Day 3 - "What happened to your phenomenal immune system, huh?"
╘═══════════════╛

“I’m home.” The sound of your wife’s voice called out from the entranceway followed by the swift clicking of front door closing. Kara sighed as she finally kicked off her heavy boots, today was exhausting

“Welcome home babe.” You called lovingly from the small home office the pair of you shared, “Is that the door I just heard, how come you didn’t just use the balcony?”

It was a reasonable question. With Kara being Supergirl and all it made sense - it was faster after all.

“Yeah… flying isn’t really on the table right now.” She mumbled as she shuffled into the living room, flopping down into the comforting touch of the soft couch.

Wait? No flying? That caught your attention. You frowned as you closed the drawer, you’d been previously reorganising and came out to the living room, “What do you mean? What happened?” You asked, worry and concern seeping into your words at the sight of your obviously tuckered-out wife.

You came to sit down beside her, a much-welcomed action by the blonde who laid her head against you as she sank into your arms, “Stupid alien had kryptonite weapons, they got me pretty good.” She mumbled.

Ah. Now it made sense. Kryptonite was the one thing her otherwise invincible body crumbled to. “Then I went to walk home but this suit is freezing and the only ‘normal clothes’ I had was that stupid work dress, so I changed into that and then my legs hurt from walking because my stupid powers are basically useless right now so then I had to carpool here with random uber strangers.” Kara whined as she finished her ranting all-while you were running your hand down her arm comfortingly.

“I’m sorry Kar’ that sounds like it sucks. Did the DEO say when your powers will be back at full…er.. power?” You asked, struggling to find the correct wording.

She shook her head against you, “Alex said possibly a few days, but they don’t know because it was ‘high potency’ whatever that means.” She finished with a wide yawn, another obvious sign of her fatigue.

It was rare for Kara to be in such a vulnerable state, and you couldn’t help but feel protective of her. “Alright then, how about we call it a night. I mean it's pretty late anyway and you could use some sleep darling.” You offered, extending both hands to help her up.

Once inside the bedroom, you helped Kara remove her suit, carefully unzipping it and peeling it off her tired body. She sighed in relief as the restrictive fabric was removed, her muscles finally able to relax. You fetched a pair of comfortable pyjamas for her and handed them over, watching as she changed with a grateful smile.

As she settled into bed, you made sure to pull the covers snuggly over her and tucked her in gently. She nestled into the pillows, closing her eyes wearily as you leant down and pressed a tender kiss to her forehead before climbing in right beside her.

You gently stroked her back, soothing her with your touch, as she drifted off to sleep. The events of the day, the pain and exhaustion, were temporarily forgotten in the safety of your love and care.

The next morning, Kara slowly opened her eyes, feeling groggy and disoriented. Her head throbbed with a dull ache, and her nose felt stuffy. You woke a few minutes later up to the sound of soft sneezes coming from beside you. Gently opening your eyes, you turned to see Kara sitting up in bed, her nose slightly red and her hand holding a crumpled-up tissue.

"Hih! Hh'tshu! hHh-Hihh! HiH!"

"Goodmorning and bless you," you mumbled sleepily as you slowly woke up and you reached out to brush a strand of hair away from her face. "Do your powers feeling like they’re getting stronger now you’ve slept?”

"-HHi'TSHIEW"

Kara sniffled and shrugged, her voice sounding audibly congested. "Not really and I think I'm catching a cold on top of everything else."

“What happened to your phenomenal immune system, hm?” You asked curiously, the only time you’d ever seen Kara sick was years ago back when she was assistant to Cat Grant so seeing her all red-cheeked and sniffly wasn’t something you were used to.

Your wife groaned as she sank back down into bed and sniffled into her pillow, “Well without my powers at full capacity my immune system has the strength of a dying battery.”

“Well then, if you powers need a little boost do you think it’d be a good idea to go to the DEO and sit with their solar lamps for a bit, see if that recharges them? Alex will probably know how to take care of you a little better there too.”

To your surprise though Kara shook her head and instead curled up into you, prompting you to take her into your arms, not caring as she sniffled against your neck. “I don’t want to go to DEO today.” She mumbled, her voice muffled from the way she refused to lift her head from your body, “I just wanna be with you, no agents, Alex or J’onn fussing.” Her voice hitched off as she turned away from you to sneeze and the small adorable noise of annoyance she made afterwards made your heart melt a little. How could she be so cute?

“So, you just want a quiet day in then?” You murmured, receiving a subtle nod in return, “Well then, I think we can manage that.”

Day 3 - Hiding an Illness
╘═══════════════╛

Work Text:

Your eyes cast down to the floor as you muffled another rough sounding cough against the back of your wrist, subtly trying to avoid the concerned over-watching eyes of the woman before you. Florence was sitting on the couch across from you, her brow furrowed with worry. She had noticed your frequent coughing and occasional sneezes, but you had been doing your best to downplay them, not wanting her to fuss over you – you both had busy schedules and you didn’t want to distract her from that.

After listening to your continued sniffly she seemed to have enough of your stubbornness as she tilted her head slightly, her eyebrows furrowing with worry as she asked, "Are you feeling alright, darling?" she asked, her voice filled with genuine concern.

You forced a smile, trying to mask the exhaustion and discomfort that lingered beneath the surface. "I'm just a little tired, Flo," you replied, your voice coming out hoarser then intended, "Long day at work, that's all."

Florence's expression softened, and she stepped closer, reaching out to gently brush her hand against your forehead. "You feel warm but that might just be because it’s a little stuffy in here. Let go open a window, hold on," she murmured, kissing your forehead before going over to open one of the windows forcing you to hide the shiver then ran up your arms at the sudden cool air hitting you skin, "Maybe you should take a break and relax a bit. I can handle dinner tonight if you’d like." She said as she came to sit beside you.

As she sat down, you couldn’t help offer her a small smile as her hand came to rest on your thigh, “That’s really sweet but honestly, I’m fine. It’s my turn to cook tonight.”

She sighed a little at your response but let it go, that was until you felt the tickle begin to irritate your nose. All attempts at getting rid of it failed and you were left desperately trying to hold it back, but as much as you resisted, you couldn't suppress the inevitable.

"Huh’tschoo! H'iishoo!"

The sneeze burst forth, surprising you with its forcefulness and you quickly stood up and disappeared to go grab some tissue.

When you returned to the sofa, Florence was sitting with her arms crossed, her eyes visibly questioning you prompting you to quickly wave a dismissive hand, "What? All I did was sneeze! It’s probably just some dust or allergies. You know how it is this time of year."

Your wife studied you intently, her concern etched across her face. "Darling, your sneezes don't usually sound like that plus since when do you have allergies. And with the coughing too... Are you sure you're not coming down with something?"

Her caring eyes bore into yours, waiting for an honest answer that you weren't ready to give. You sighed, realizing that you couldn't keep up the charade any longer.

“It’s just a small cold, I promisssHh..Hih! HI'SHIEW! 'tschiew!"

With your confession Flo visibly softened and you felt her arm coming to wrap around your shoulder, providing a much-welcomed warmth from the goosebumps that had dappled your skin. “How come you didn’t want to tell me, hm?” She asked gently, no anger in her words.

"I didn't want to worry you," you admitted, your voice filled with a mixture of exhaustion and sincerity. "We both have so much on our plates, I thought I could handle it on my own." You didn’t try to muffle your cough this time and you felt a supportive hand come to trace down your back.

Flo sighed softly, her thumb gently caressing your shoulder in a soothing manner. "Darling, we're partners, in sickness and in health. It's not a burden to take care of each other; it's what we signed up for when we committed to this relationship. Keeping it from me only adds to my worry. I'd rather know what's going on so I can support you."

You looked into her eyes, seeing nothing but love and understanding reflected in them. The weight of your silence lifted as you leaned into her touch, feeling a sense of relief wash over you. "I'm sorry, Flo," you whispered, your voice barely above a breath. "I should have told you."

She leaned closer, pressing a gentle kiss to your temple. "Apology accepted, my love. Now, let me take care of you. You need rest and some TLC." It was then she seemed to notice your small shivers, “How about I run you a nice bath? Maybe some bubbles and I could even diffuse some that really good smelling oil you like. Whatever you’d like.”

You couldn't help but smile at your wife’s loving offer. Her caring nature always had a way of making you feel safe and cherished. "That sounds amazing sweetie." You replied, your voice filled with gratitude. "Thank you."

As she got up from the couch, she pulled you into a warm embrace, holding you close. You could feel her concern radiating through her touch, and it made your heart swell with affection. "I love you," she whispered against your hair, her voice filled with tenderness.

"I love you too," you murmured, feeling a mixture of emotions swirling within you. With Florence by your side, you knew you didn't have to face this cold alone.

Series this work belongs to:

I have no idea if people are enjoying this so lmk ;D

Day 5 - Preventative Measures (Not Taken)
╘═══════════════╛

Work Text:

“Do you not think you should take a coat love? It’s meant to get a little chilly later on according to the weather.” Maggie called out as Alex finished making her to-go cup of coffee into her flask, “Pretty sure its gonna rain too by the look of those clouds.”

The agent shook her head and waved her off with a reassuring smile, “It’ll be fine, I’m on roll to do a clinic shift anyway so it’s not like I’m gonna be out in the field or anything like that. I’ll just end up carrying it if I take it.

That was true. The DEO had recently got wind of a small clinic on the east side of the city which was specially made to treat aliens and offer things like vaccines and just provide general care to those individuals which didn’t feel comfortable in a regular clinic. As such, when the DEO found out, J’onn offered to provide agents as a form of security there as well as to keep things in order. Alex liked her shifts at the clinic, after all, the waiting room chitchat often inadvertently provided inside knowledge to help with ongoing issues, not only that but the environment itself was warm and friendly and the people there seemed to trust her too – she’d even made some friends.

“Alright then, have a good day at work darling.” Her girlfriend smiled, giving Alex a small kiss before she left, “Don’t forget you’re on food pickup duty tonight too.” She added playfully before beginning to make her own coffee, “I’m thinking pizza?”

Alex smiled as she picked up her bag and turned to leave, “I won’t forget, don’t worry! Pizza sounds good, alright I’m gonna head off, see you later, have a good day at work babe.” She said before leaving the apartment and making her way out to her car.

It wasn’t a long drive, about 40 minutes or so. When she arrived, Alex stepped out of the car and involuntarily shivered at the icy chill of the air nipping at her arms, maybe she should’ve brought a coat after all she thought, shaking her head with an eye roll knowing her girlfriend was right. At least she’d be inside for her shift though. As Alex walked through the clinic doors, she immediately noticed the bustling atmosphere. Aliens of various shapes and sizes filled the waiting area, patiently waiting for their turn to be seen by the doctors. It was definitely a lot busier than usual.

As the agent made her way to the small security desk to clock in, she couldn’t help but inwardly groan at the sight of the other agent on shift. Agent Wilson was one of those guys who never failed to get on her nerves. Something about his cocky, nonchalant attitude always seemed to rub her the wrong way.

“Agent Danvers it’s always nice of you to show.” He turned around upon hearing her footsteps approach, “I suppose you’ve got the delight of my company, how lucky.” The agent smirked before rooting around in his side pocket before pulling out black surgical mask and putting it on.

"I'm here to do my job, just like you," Alex replied, choosing to ignore his sarcastic remark, "What’s with the mask?” Wearing a mask wasn’t required or was it advertised so she couldn’t help but question it especially considering no other agents had chosen to wear them in the past.

Agent Wilson chuckled condescendingly. "Precautions, Danvers," he said with a hint of mockery in his voice. "You know, to protect myself from any alien bugs. I don’t want my immune system being invaded by foreign bodies."

She raised an eyebrow, feeling a sense of annoyance creep up within her. She was well aware of the potential risks of working in close proximity to sick aliens, but she had always trusted her strong immune system to keep her healthy. She prided herself on being cautious and responsible when it came to her work, but in this instance, she had overlooked the possibility of catching something.

"Well, that's your choice," Alex finally replied, her voice laced with a hint of annoyance. "But I'm not here to alienate anyone or treat them like threats. These beings are just seeking medical help, same as any human. And besides, I've been doing shifts here for months without any issues."

Shaking off her annoyance, Alex walked past him and made her way to the clinic's staff room to change into her uniform, the clinic preferred them to wear their own brand of gear, just as an extra precaution which was understandable.

As she made her way to one of the smaller lockers, she put down her bag and began changing. It was only then she noticed the slump attitudes of the attending staff. The ambiance of sniffles and coughing, like that of the reception, seemed to fill this room too and spotting one of the Doctors she was familiar with Alex decided to ask what was wrong.

"Morning," Alex greeted with a friendly smile. "Is everything alright? I couldn't help but notice that a lot of people seem to be under the weather today."

The doctor sighed tiredly and nodded, confirming Alex's observations. "Yes, unfortunately, it seems that there's a flu-like bug going around. We've been seeing an increase in patients with respiratory symptoms over the past couple of days. We're doing our best to provide care, but it's definitely keeping us busy."

Alex's concern grew as she processed the information. "Is it affecting the staff too? You don’t look too good yourself Doc.” While most of the staff were aliens themselves and did have a little bit more protective, there was still a good number of human employees.

Dr. Ramirez nodded again, a hint of weariness in their eyes. "Yeah, a few of our staff members have fallen ill as well. It's a bit of a challenge, this strain is appearing to be highly contagious, but we’ll get through it. We have some people on stand-by to cover if need be.”

Alex's eyes widened a little. The flu was bad news, especially in a clinic where a diverse range of alien species sought treatment. She couldn't help but wonder if Agent Wilson's decision to wear a mask was more justified than she had initially thought.

"Is there anything I can do to help?" Alex asked, her determination to assist in any way she could shining through.

Dr. Ramirez's weary expression brightened a little at her offer. "Actually, there is something you could do," they replied gratefully. "Since we're short-staffed due to many doctors and nurses falling ill. If you could lend a hand with triaging patients and assisting in basic medical procedures, it would be a tremendous help."

Without hesitation, Alex nodded, her sense of duty and compassion driving her forward. "Of course, I'll do whatever I can. Just tell me what needs to be done."

For the remainder of the morning, she continued to help out where necessary, leaving security down to the other agent. It was definitely a lot faster paced but with her background in biochemistry she was well within her depth. By lunchtime it seems her efforts were paying off as the clinic seemed to slow down a little and she was given the go ahead to return back to her position.

As Alex made her way back to the security desk, she couldn't help but feel a wave of exhaustion wash over her. The adrenaline and determination that had fuelled her earlier were slowly waning, replaced by a growing fatigue. She attributed it to the increased workload and the emotional toll of seeing so many sick patients.

Agent Wilson looked up from his desk as Alex approached, his expression filled with surprise. "You're back already? I thought you'd be stuck over there forever, playing doctor."

Ignoring his snide remark, Alex mustered a weak smile. "It was a bit chaotic, but we managed to get things under control. The staff appreciated the help."

Wilson raised an eyebrow, a hint of grudging admiration in his voice. "Well, I guess you're not completely useless after all."

She huffed, shooting the agent a dirty look, “Look if you’ve got a problem with me, leave it at the door. Don’t bring that attitude into- wor- Hh'iishoo! Huh’tshoo!” She quickly bent to the side to catch her sneezes into cupped hands, sniffling at the feeling of subtle pressure rising in her sinuses.

“I don’t think that’s hygienic Danvers.” He shook his head, as the agent went to go grab some tissues from a nearby box.

She sighed, realising that Agent Wilson was somewhat right. Sneezing into her hands wasn't the best practice, especially considering the contagious nature of the flu-like bug going around. She quickly discarded the used tissues into a nearby bin and reached for a hand sanitiser bottle on the security desk, squeezing some onto her palms and rubbing them together.

"You're right, my bad," Alex admitted, her voice slightly muffled by her stuffed nose.

Agent Wilson's mocking wavered slightly as he observed Alex's tired appearance or maybe it was the fact that Alex Danvers actually apologised to him, "Wow, an apology from Danvers. You have a fever or something?”

“Just leave it.” Alex's voice was tinged with exhaustion and frustration. She didn't feel like entertaining Agent Wilson's sudden concern. The fatigue that had settled over her earlier was now accompanied by body aches and a growing headache. She had been so focused on helping at the clinic that she hadn't noticed her own symptoms creeping in.

As the day progressed, her energy waned, and she found herself struggling to focus. Her body felt heavy, and she was occasionally having to turn away to muffle raspy coughs into her elbow which only led to her throat becoming sore. But she tried to ignore it. She had blamed the AC at first, it was just turned up too high... yeah. That was it.

But with each passing hour, her condition deteriorated further. The fatigue intensified, making it difficult for her to stand upright. Her head throbbed with every movement, and the touch of a fever began to set in, leaving her feeling alternately hot and cold, as beads of sweat lined her brow all-while chills ran up her arms.

“Don’t you look healthy.” The male agent had commented snidely the next time Alex had learnt her head back against the wall.

Alex's patience was wearing thin, and she shot him a glare. "I'm not feeling well, okay? So can you please just lay off with the comments?" Her voice was tinged with irritation and exhaustion before giving in to the burning at the back of her throat as she gave a few chesty sounding coughs into her elbow.

Agent Wilson seemed taken aback by her response, his mocking demeanour fading momentarily. "Oh... I didn't realise you were actually not feeling good." he mumbled, his tone softening, “Sorry.”

Unbeknownst to her, a kind-hearted doctor, Dr. K'ora, had been in earshot and had noticed the agents declining condition. She approached her with a warm smile, "Excuse me, Agent Danvers, may I borrow you for a moment?”

Alex nodded, looking over her shoulder to confirm it was okay with Wilson and he waved her off. She felt a sudden tickle in her nose, a telltale sign that a sneeze was imminent. She quickly turned away, covering her face with her elbow, and let out a series of forceful sneezes. "Huh'kshhoo! Huh-choo! Huh'tshoo!" she sneezed, her body shaking with the force of each.

Dr. K'ora gestured towards a nearby tissue box, concern evident in her eyes. "Goodness, bless you. I think it’d be a good idea to let me take a look at you, Agent Danvers. You don't look well at all." The doctor commented as she escorted the agent towards a small side room.

"Thank you," Alex said weakly, her voice hoarse and barely audible. "I didn't realise I was feeling this bad until now." She reached up to rub her temples, trying to alleviate the pounding headache that had settled in.

Dr. K'ora placed a gentle hand on Alex's shoulder, her touch comforting. "It's not uncommon for people to push through and ignore their own health when they're focused on helping others," she said kindly. "But it's important to take care of yourself too. Let me check your symptoms and see what's going on."

Alex nodded, grateful for the doctor's understanding. She sat back in the chair, allowing Dr. K'ora to examine her. The doctor felt her forehead, noting the warmth radiating from her skin, and listened to her lungs with a stethoscope. After a thorough examination, Dr. K'ora stepped back, a concerned expression on her face.

"I'm sorry to say, Agent Danvers, but it seems you've caught the flu that's been going around," Dr. K'ora explained gently. "Your symptoms—fatigue, headache, body aches, coughing, and sneezing—are all indicative of the flu. It's important that you take some time off and rest."

Alex's heart sank. She had hoped it was just a passing illness, but it seemed she was in for a rough few days. "I’m sorry, is this going to cause a problem with staffing? My shift isn’t due for end for a few hours yet.”

Dr. K'ora smiled kindly. "It happens to the best of us. I will inform your superiors and arrange for someone to pick you up. In the meantime, please make yourself comfortable here."

As the doctor left to inform the necessary personnel, Alex settled into the small room, grateful for the opportunity to rest. She curled up on the examination table, wrapping herself in a blanket provided by the clinic. The fatigue weighed heavily on her, and her body felt achy and weak.

Time passed slowly as she lay there, her mind wandering through a haze of fever and discomfort. She thought about Maggie and how she would react when she found out. She hoped her girlfriend wouldn't worry too much, knowing that she had a habit of being overprotective.

As if on cue, a soft knock on the door interrupted Alex's thoughts. She weakly called out, giving permission for the person to enter. To her relief, it was a familiar face—Maggie. Alex's heart skipped a beat at the sight of her girlfriend, a mix of worry and tenderness evident on her face.

“I heard you weren’t feeling well, poor thing.” She soothed, letting her hand come to rest over the warm forehead of the agent as she came to sit beside her.

Alex leaned into Maggie's touch, finding solace in her presence. "Hey," she whispered hoarsely, a weak smile gracing her lips. "I didn't expect you to come all the way here."

Maggie brushed a strand of hair away from Alex's forehead gently. "Of course I would come," she replied softly. "You're not feeling well, and I wanted to be here for you. How are you holding up?"

Alex let out a weak chuckle, followed by a cough. "I've been better," she admitted.

"You always put others first, Alex. It's time to let someone take care of you now." Maggie’s voice was filled with concern and affection as she offered her arms out to her girlfriend, pulling her into a warm hug.

In that moment, Alex realised how lucky she was to have Maggie by her side. She buried her face in Maggie's shoulder, feeling a mix of gratitude and vulnerability wash over her. Maggie's presence provided comfort and reassurance, reminding Alex that she didn't have to face this illness alone.

As they sat there, wrapped in each other's embrace, Alex's fatigue started to catch up with her. The weight of her eyelids became heavier, and her body begged for rest. Maggie sensed her exhaustion and gently guided Alex to lie down on the examination table, adjusting the blanket to keep her warm.

"Should we get you home, hm?" Maggie whispered, her voice filled with tenderness. "We can stop on the way and pick up some soup from that takeout you like, that might help you feel better. Whatever you need I’m sure we can get it.”

Alex nodded weakly, her eyes fluttering closed. "That sounds... nice, but what about your pizza?" she murmured, already feeling the pull of sleep tugging at her, “’Mm tired Maggs.”

“Pizza can wait, what you need is something easy right now. I know you’re tired baby, you can go to sleep in the car alright?”

“Thanks.”

Maggie sat by her side, gently stroking Alex's hair, a soft smile on her face. "Always, love. Now, let’s get you home.”

I wasnt sure if people were still interested so sorry I skipped a day :)

Day 6 - Sick and Injured
╘═══════════════╛

Work Text:

“Oh darling, what am I gonna do with you, ey?”  Your voice was laced with concern as the sniffling redhead limped against you.

What had as a simple chase had ended with a broken ankle and a case of the sniffles. On your last mission, yourself and Nat had gotten caught sneaking out of a hydra facility leading to numerous armed guards chasing you both out into the hazardous Russian forests.

The chase was rapid and risky. Natasha had slowed down in order to put you in the least danger. As a result, she was reckless and after a particularly risky jump, she slipped. Her ankle snapping as she fell down the side of a particularly steep hill… straight into an icy river and she’d stayed there, shivering in that freezing water until she was positive the hydra guards were gone.

By the time you’d reached her, she was shivering rapidly, wincing sharply as she dragged herself out of the icy water. Once the two of you’d practically carried her back to the quinjet you finally got a good look at her ankle - purple bruised and swollen. Definitely broken.

Not only that but she was still shivering only now those chills were accompanied by light watery sniffles, a runny nose and a headache, something which she really wasn’t pleased about.

It was safe to say getting back to the compound was a relief, and you’d stayed by her side the whole time Bruce was wrapping up her ankle in a cast and bandages. At least she could walk a little better now, still, those bandages did little to aid her sniffles. But that was your job.

Taking Natasha back up to your room, you were quick to help her change into some fresh, warm and dry clothes. “Can I wear your fuzzy socks?” She murmured quietly, looking down at her exposed feet.

“Of course darling, you want the pink ones or-“

“The pink ones.”

You smiled, of course she wanted her favourites. You retrieved the pink fuzzy socks from your drawer and carefully helped Natasha slip them on her feet. She let out a content sigh as the soft fabric enveloped her cold toes.

Once she was settled on the bed, you tucked a cosy blanket around her and brought her a hot cup of tea. "Here you go, Nat. This should help warm you up and soothe your throat," you said, handing her the steaming mug.

Natasha gratefully accepted the tea, taking a sip and reveling in the warmth spreading through her body. She leaned back against the pillows and looked up at you with a weak smile. "Thanks, love. You always take such good care of me."

You sat down beside her and brushed a strand of hair away from her forehead. "It's the least I can do, Nat. You've always been there for me, risking your life to protect me. Now it's my turn to take care of you."

She reached out and took your hand, giving it a gentle squeeze. "I'm lucky to have you," she whispered, before turning to yawn.

You leaned in closer, your lips barely brushing against her ear. "The feeling is mutual," you whispered back, feeling your heart skip a beat.

For the rest of the evening, you stayed by Natasha's side, talking softly and providing comfort. You fetched her tissues whenever she needed to blow her nose, and you made sure she had everything she needed within reach.

As the night grew darker, Natasha's eyelids started to droop.

Exhaustion was finally catching up with her. You helped her settle into a comfortable position and kissed her forehead gently. "Get some rest, Nat. I'll be right here if you need anything."

She nodded sleepily, a small smile playing on her lips. "I know you will, I love you.” she murmured before succumbing to sleep.

Watching over her, you couldn't help but feel grateful for her presence in your life. You vowed to do everything in your power to ensure she recovered quickly and that she felt loved and cared for every step of the way.

Day 7 - "You’re a jerk when you’re sick"
╘═══════════════╛

Work Text:

“I’m not taking it!” Yelena whined, crossing her arms as she turned her head away from you, a true show of her matureness.

“Oh my god.” You groaned as you held out the dose of medicine, “Do you want pneumonia or something? You need to take this.” Your fingers came to pinch the bridge of your nose as your huffed. Honestly it was like dealing with a child.

A few weeks prior the smug blonde had over-confidently stated that “she didn’t need a flu-jab”. Oh how she ate those words.

“Yelena, I understand you don't want to take it, but this medicine will help you get better faster," you pleaded, hoping to appeal to her logical side. "You're clearly suffering, and I don't want it to get worse. Just one dose, and you'll start feeling better soon love."

Yelena's face scrunched up in a mixture of discomfort and defiance. She remained silent, arms still crossed tightly over her chest before she wracked forward in a harsh set of chesty coughing that left her breathless and panting.

“I..I dont need it.” She spat, her words broken up by her voice breaking. A sudden sneeze caught her off guard, and she hastily covered her mouth with her hand. She sniffled and wiped her nose with the back of her hand, avoiding your gaze. It was clear that she was trying to tough it out, but her body's reactions were betraying her. "Hh'tushoo! 'tSHIIEW!"

You quickly reach for a tissue and hand it to Yelena, concern evident in your eyes. "Here, bless you," you said gently, "Blow your nose baby. It should help a little.”

Yelena reluctantly took the tissue from you and blew her nose, still refusing to make eye contact. Her stubbornness was evident, but still you had one last effort to convince her.

"Yelena, I understand that you're trying to tough it out," you began, your voice softening. "But being sick is tough enough as it is. Let me help you feel better. I don't want to see you suffer unnecessarily."

She sniffled again and finally looked up at you, her eyes watery and tired. Her eyelashes fluttered for a moment before she burst forward in an exhausting sounding fit of messy sneezes, "'tSHIIEW!" iiSHIEW! Hhuh-Hhih! hHh..HiTSHIEW!" She sniffled thickly, keeping her hand cupped over her forward as she meekly reached for another tissue. She blew her nose and after a moment of hesitation, she finally relented and reached out for the medicine you'd been holding. "Fine," she mutters, her voice hoarse. "But only because you won't stop bothering me about it."

You gave her a small smile, grateful that she was finally willing to take the medicine. "Thank you," you nodded sincerely. "I promise you'll start feeling better soon. I'll be here to take care of you."

As she swallowed the medicine, you handed her a glass of water to wash it down with. Yelena gives you a half-hearted glare but takes a sip, swallowing the medicine with a grimace.

"See? That wasn't so bad," You teased, trying to lighten the mood. "You’re a jerk when you’re sick, yknow?"

Yelena grumbles under her breath but doesn't protest further. Especially not when you slide into the open spot beside her, letting the blonde rest her tired, aching head on you. Despite her harsh exterior you knew that all she wanted deep down was to be comforted and loved, and you were all too happy to provide.

Just spending some time catching up on all these awesome new entries! My absolute favourite is "Sick and Injured" (and not because I own a pair of pink fuzzy socks and treasure imagining offering them to a miserable Natasha in need, but it's a little because of that :D )  I deeply hope you continue with this series - though it IS super frustrating to not get any feedback :( But I've been looking forward to being able up on the new entries, like you have no idea.

(And, hey, if anyone is scrolling through this topic, enjoying these stories, give Selkie some well-deserved kind words before clicking away.  They deserve it! :) )

On 9/8/2023 at 9:46 PM, SleepingPhlox said:

But I've been looking forward to being able up on the new entries, like you have no idea.

Thank you so much :D you have no idea how much getting feedback is so important for moral about writing. Sorry I missed a few days, you'll notice Day9 isnt here. the prompt was being dumb so I'll get it written at some point, just now atm 😛

On 9/10/2023 at 12:29 AM, 20andsickfic said:

I love your writing please continue! 

I really appreciate this too ❤️ Enjoy the catchup!

Day 8 - Persistent Fever

Wanda whined as she tossed and turned in her sleep as vibrant and rich fever-fuelled dreams plagued her sleeping form. Images and fragments of memories flashed through her mind, blending reality with fantasy in a disorienting mix. She may have been sleeping but she certainly wasn’t as rest.

She wasn’t alone at least. Natasha was vigilant, sitting by her side and quietly soothing the witches sleeping form, gently dabbing the brunettes burning skin with a damp cloth in order to provide some comfort. To say she was worried was an understatement.

Wanda had been hit by some sort of weapon, whether it was alien or engineered was unknown, but it’d caused the rapid onset of s fever that just wouldn’t break. Maybe if she was lucky, she’d get a break for a few hours, but her temperature always seemed to spike again afterwards.

This was the third night and a row and Nat had exhausted herself, refusing to sleep while her girlfriend was in this condition.

As Wanda writhed, her forehead glistened with perspiration. Her breathing was uneven, and occasionally she would let out small murmurs of distress. Nat continued to gently dab her forehead with the cool cloth, hoping to alleviate some of the feverish discomfort.

"Wanda, baby, it's okay," Natasha whispered softly, her voice filled with reassurance. "I'm here with you love, you're safe."

Natasha's words seemed to reach Wanda's subconscious, as her restlessness momentarily subsided. She settled into a slightly calmer state, although her brow still furrowed with traces of discomfort.

“You’ll be okay Wands,” The redhead whispered lovingly as she traced her gentle fingers through the witch's hair, lightly applying pressure in the way she knew she loved, “You’re so strong baby, look at you. You’re my beautiful strong Avenger. You’ll get through this.”

Wanda's fevered mind absorbed Natasha's soothing words, the sound of her voice providing a semblance of comfort amidst the chaos of her dreams. She clung to the redhead's presence, finding solace in the touch of her fingers through her hair. It brought a small measure of relief to her weary body, even if only momentarily.

Natasha continued to stay by Wanda's side, her love and concern evident in her actions. She knew that Wanda needed her presence, her unwavering support. The persistent fever had taken its toll on both of them, but Natasha refused to leave her side.

Leaning closer, Natasha planted a gentle kiss on Wanda's forehead, her lips cool against the heated skin. "I'm right here, my love," she whispered, her voice filled with tenderness. "We'll fight this together. You're not alone."

Wanda's fevered murmurs grew quieter, almost imperceptible, as if the connection between her and Natasha brought a momentary respite from the torment of her illness. In the midst of her feverish dreams, she could sense the love surrounding her, grounding her in reality.

The night wore on, and Natasha continued her vigil, never wavering in her determination to care for Wanda. She monitored the fever, using the damp cloth to cool her down whenever it spiked. She whispered words of encouragement and love, hoping that her presence and support would help Wanda find the strength to overcome this ordeal.

As the first light of dawn began to filter through the window, Wanda's fever finally broke. The heat that had consumed her body gradually subsided, and her breathing evened out into a more peaceful rhythm. A sense of relief washed over Natasha, her weariness momentarily forgotten in the face of this small victory.

With a tender smile, Natasha brushed a strand of hair away from Wanda's face, her gaze filled with affection. "You did it, Wands," she murmured softly. "You fought through it. I'm so proud of you."

Wanda stirred, her eyes fluttering open to meet Natasha's loving gaze. A weak smile graced her lips, her voice barely above a whisper. "Thank you, Nat," she managed to say, her voice filled with gratitude. "I couldn't have done it without you."

Natasha leaned in, pressing a gentle kiss against Wanda's lips. "I'll always be here for you, Wanda," she whispered, her voice filled with devotion. "No matter what challenges we face, we'll face them together."

And as they embraced, the room filled with a quiet sense of hope, a testament to the strength of their love and the unbreakable bond they shared.

Day 10 - “The only place we’re going is to the pharmacy”

“Why can’t we go out?” Came the annoyed whine of the sniffling witch from the table behind you, “We had plans!” Wanda pouted, crossing her arms before bringing her hands up to her face as she muffled an awful sounding cough.

“That’s exactly why. Have you heard yourself Wands?” You turned around to raise an eyebrow at her, “The only place we’re going is to to the pharmacy. Date night can wait till your feeling better.”

Wanda's face scrunched up in displeasure, and she let out another raspy cough. Her eyes were watery, and her nose was red and runny. She looked genuinely miserable.

"I promise we'll have a proper date night once you're all better," You said reassuringly as you turned the kettle on. "Right now, you need to rest and get better. We can have a cosy evening at home, just the two of us."

"But I was really looking forward to it," Wanda protested weakly, her voice hoarse from the persistent coughing. As she moaned in pity she could feel her breath hitched and she bent forward, burying her head into her heads, "Hh'iishiEW"

"I know, and I was too," You replied with a sympathetic smile, “But you're not going to enjoy it if you're feeling like this.”

Just as you’d finished your sentence the kettle you’d flicked on earlier finished boiling and you poured her a steamy mug of lemsip tea before placing it in front of her.

Wanda took the mug in her hands, feeling the warmth seeping through her cold fingers. She glanced at the tea, a small glimmer of appreciation in her eyes, and then back at you. "Thanks," she said softly, a mix of exhaustion and gratitude in her voice.

"You're welcome," you replied, pulling out a chair and sitting across from her. "I'll make some soup in a bit to help soothe your throat and I’ll go out and get you some supplies then we’ll cosy up on the sofa, okay?”

“Fine. But I want the purple cough drops and that really good smelling chest rub stuff.”

You chuckled at Wanda's specific requests. "Purple cough drops and the magic rub it is. Anything else, your highness?" You teased playfully, placing a small kiss to the top of her head.

Wanda managed a weak smile, her eyes already showing signs of drowsiness from the combination of exhaustion and the warm tea. "That's all for now," she replied, her voice softening. "Thank you for taking care of me."

"Always," you said, your heart swelling with love and concern for her well-being. "Now do you want to stay here or do you want to come with?”

Wanda hummed, which turned into a small cough before pulling herself up and reaching to take your hand, “I wanna come, you’re warm.” She mumbled as you pulled her closer, letting her sink into your heat. It felt nice, you couldn't even bring yourself to care when her breath hitched off again and she was went into a flurry of sneezes, muffling them against your chest, "Hhih! Hih'tshuu! hH.hHi'tshhiew! HiHh! hHh- Hh'ETSHIEW!"

"Goodness, bless you  baby!" You smiled, placing a tender kiss to the top of her head, “Alright then, grab a blanket and let’s get going.”

Day 11 - Beginner’s Guide to Faking Sick

Faking sick is something a lot of kids do growing up whether to get out of school or simply just to see whether they could get away with it. But Natasha didn’t have that, getting sick in the red-room it meant you were a liability - you were weak. So she’d never understood the appeal to fake being sick. That was until today.

Today was different. The team had planned to do a whole group training session together which meant countless hours outside pushing each other to their limits. Normally Nat would be the most excited, the one bringing up the teams morale but today she just wasn’t feeling it. She could hear the harsh rain pouring outside and the sound made her curl up tighter into the sheets. She definitely didn’t want to do this today.

All she wanted to do was spend the day in bed, cuddling the still-sleeping brunette beside her.

She mulled things over in her mind for a few minutes, going back and forth as she decided what to do but finally she came to a decision. She was going to fake sick.

Quietly slipping out of bed, Natasha tiptoed to the bathroom to splash some cold water on her face. She needed to make herself look convincingly sick. She pulled out her makeup bag and skillfully applied a touch of pale foundation to give her complexion a sickly pallor. Then, she added a hint of red around her nose, eyes and cheeks to mimic the appearance of being feverish.

With her makeup work done, Natasha returned to the bed and snuggled back under the covers next to Wanda. She knew she couldn't stay in bed forever, but she hoped to buy herself some time before anyone noticed her absence from the training session.

As if on cue, Wanda stirred beside her, blinking sleepily. "Nat? What's wrong? Why are you up so early?" she asked, concern evident in her voice.

Keeping her movements slow and deliberate, Natasha shifted in bed to create the illusion that she was fatigue. She rubbed her eyes as if trying to shake off sleep and let out a soft, fake cough for added effect. It wasn't easy for someone like Natasha to pretend to be vulnerable, but she knew she had to sell it.

Natasha managed a weak smile, trying her best to act convincingly under Wanda's concerned gaze. "Wands," she replied, her voice soft and raspy. "I don't know... I woke up feeling really off today. I think I might be coming down with something." She inhaled sharply before giving a pretty convincing sounding fake sneeze, "Hh'echoo!"

Wanda sat up, brow crinkled as worry etched across features. "Bless you! You never get sick Natty, are you sure you're okay?"

Natasha nodded, trying to look convincingly unwell. "I'll be fine. I just need some rest. Can you please stay with me?"

Wanda's eyes softened with affection and concern. "Of course sweetheart. I'll take care of you, don’t worry. Just let me go and tell Steve we won’t be at training today, okay?”

Wanda kissed Natasha's forehead gently before getting out of bed. She pulled on a robe and left the room, likely to inform Steve about their absence from the training session. When she returned to the bed, Wanda pulled the covers up around Natasha, tucking her in like a protective cocoon.

"Thank you," Natasha whispered, trying to sound genuinely grateful amidst her fake illness act, “You’re amazing.”

Wanda climbed back into bed, snuggling close to Natasha, her arm draped over Natasha's waist. "You don't have to thank me, love. I'll always take care of you when you need it," Wanda replied, her voice filled with love and sincerity.

As the rain continued to pour outside, Natasha couldn't help but feel a twinge of guilt for deceiving her teammate and lover. But she also cherished this quiet moment, being held by Wanda, feeling safe and loved. It was a rare opportunity for her to let her guard down, to drop the facade of strength that she wore like armor in the outside world.

Throughout the day, Natasha and Wanda stayed tucked away in their shared quarters, away from the prying eyes of their teammates. Natasha's acting skills were put to the test as she continued to feign illness, making sure her performance was consistent whenever someone checked on them.

The guilt she initially felt began to fade as she saw the genuine concern and care in Wanda's eyes. She knew she wasn't deceiving her lover entirely, as she did feel worn down and exhausted from their recent missions. This moment of rest was something she truly needed, even if the sickness was a facade.

As the hours passed, Wanda stayed by Natasha's side, bringing her warm teas, light meals, and offering soothing words. The two of them talked, laughed, and simply enjoyed each other's company without any pressing responsibilities or battles to fight. It was a much-needed respite from the intensity of their lives as Avengers.

However, as the day stretched on, Steve's persistent knocks on their door signaled that their little charade might be coming to an end. Wanda opened the door to find Steve standing there, looking concerned.

"How is she?" Steve asked, glancing at Natasha, who was propped up on the bed with a weak smile.

"She's still not feeling well," Wanda replied, giving Natasha's hand a reassuring squeeze. "I think she just needs more rest."

Steve nodded understandingly. "Okay, I'll let the team know. We can manage the training without you both for today."

Natasha mustered up a convincing cough, and Steve's worry deepened. "Alright, take care of her. Let me know if she needs anything."

"We will, thanks, Steve," Wanda said with a genuine smile, grateful for his concern.

After Steve left, Wanda turned back to Natasha, her expression softening with affection. "You're lucky he cares about us so much," Wanda said, brushing a strand of hair away from Natasha's forehead.

"I know," Natasha replied softly, her heart warming at the thought of their little Avengers family.

As the evening approached, Natasha's pretend sickness had served its purpose. She felt genuinely better after the day of rest and care. Perhaps she had needed this break more than she realized, both physically and emotionally.

"You know," Natasha said, looking into Wanda's eyes, "I might have overreacted a bit with the whole sickness thing."

Wanda chuckled, playfully rolling her eyes. "Oh, really? I couldn't tell," she teased, giving Natasha a light poke.

Natasha grinned, feeling the familiar spark of mischievousness return. "I guess I just wanted to spend the day with you, away from all the chaos."

Wanda's expression softened, and she leaned in to kiss Natasha's forehead. "I'm glad you did. I love spending time with you, no matter the circumstances."

The moment was interrupted by a soft knock on the door. "Can I come in?" It was Steve again.

Natasha and Wanda exchanged amused glances, and Wanda got up to open the door. "What's up, Steve?"

"I just wanted to check on Natasha one last time before we call it a day. How are you feeling?" Steve asked, stepping inside.

Natasha decided to come clean. She couldn't keep up the act any longer with Steve's concerned gaze on her. "Actually, I feel much better now, Steve. Thank you for checking on me."

Steve looked a bit surprised but then smiled warmly. "Well, I'm glad to hear that. Take it easy for the rest of the day, alright? We'll catch up with you both tomorrow."

"We will," Wanda assured, and Steve bid them goodnight before leaving.

Once they were alone again, Natasha turned to Wanda. "Thank you for taking care of me today, even though I didn't really need it."

Wanda grinned. "You're welcome. It was nice having you all to myself for a change."

Natasha pulled Wanda close, savoring the warmth of their embrace. "Let's make a deal. No more faking sickness, but we should still take days like this for ourselves."

Wanda nodded, her eyes shining with happiness. "Deal. I love you, Natasha."

“I love you too.”

Still going with this! sorry for the lack of updates if anyone was waiting, I've been busy :,) I'm not quite up to date yet but something is better than nothing

Day 12 - Old Wives Tale

“You’ll get sick if you go out in the cold with wet hair.” Florence mumbled as she read off the random article on her phone, “I’m blaming this crap on that.” She said with a small sniffle, rolling over on the sofa so that she was laying on her side instead of on her back, her head still comfortably in your lap.

"I think that's just an old wives tale darling," You hummed in reply, as you reached forward to grab some tissues, handing one to her before sniffling into your own, "We've both been running around at those press tours all week, we probably picked up something there, I doubt the rain helped at all though."

The rain had been relentless during the press tours, drenching everything in its path and turning the bustling streets into a maze of puddles. Despite sharing an umbrella and trying to stay dry it seemed neither of you managed to escape the persistent pouring. Getting sick did seem to have its plus sides though, for one the two of you had an excuse to stay inside all day and just hide away from the world and secondly, it gave you both the opportunity to spend some private quality time together – even if it was punctuated by sniffles.

Florence shifted slightly, her head still resting in your lap as she mustered a weak smile. "What would you say to me going and grabbing us some of that ice cream we bought?”

You raised an eyebrow, unable to deny the temptation of the cool treat, “Oh, that does sound good actually,” You gave into a small smile, “It’ll help your throat a bit, are you sure you want to get it? I can go grab it.”

She waved your worry away with a casual hand. "I’ll be fine darling, I’ll survive the journey to the kitchen, don't worry your pretty little head about that.” Florence grinned as she slowly sat up, wincing at the ache in her sinuses. "I'll be back before you know it, darling." She gingerly got to her feet and shuffled towards the kitchen, her oversized sweater sleeves falling over her hands.

You heard the soft clinking of utensils and the refrigerator door opening. A brief silence was followed by the muffled sound of Flo sneezing loudly. ,"Hh'ISHIEW! Hh'TSHHU!" It was a sound that made you chuckle softly despite the situation.

"Bless you darling!" You called out from the living room, your voice filled with affectionate amusement before you reached forward to grab the remote, casually beginning to scroll through the channels as you looked for something to watch.

Florence's voice carried back to you, slightly nasally, "Thanks.” She smiled, coming back into view holding two bowls, each having numerous scoops of icecream. She’d given you strawberry whist she’d gone for vanilla.

You both began to eat in contented silence, occasionally sharing soft smiles and stolen glances. The ice cream was a temporary relief against the aching of your throats, and you savoured every spoonful.

After a while, Florence set her empty bowl aside and turned her attention to you. "Feeling a bit better now?" she asked, her voice still slightly congested but she did sound a little cheerier now.

You nodded, feeling the warmth of her enveloping you. "Yeah, you and icecream seem to make everything better." You replied, reaching out to gently caress her cheek.

She leaned into your touch; her eyes filled with affection. "You're such a sweetheart," she murmured, placing a gentle kiss on your lips.

Time seemed to slip away as you continued to watch TV, as you cuddled into your girlfriends side you were powerless to stop your eyes from growing heavy and tired. You let out a soft yawn, and Flo sat up a little, looking down at your curiously.

"Getting tired, love?" she asked, her fingers tracing lazy patterns on your arm.

You nodded, unable to stifle another yawn, “A Little.”

“Okay, stand up for a sec’.” She instructed, which you did so, watching as she handed you her blanket and led down fully on the sofa, patting her chest as you titled your head, “C’mere, lay down on me.”

It was impossible to hide how your lips perked up into a small smile as you laid down on her chest, wrapping the blanket over yourself, in turn covering her too, tucking it in at the sides. “Thank you.” You murmured softly moving to rest your head on her chest "I’m glad we're in this together."

She nodded, her hand coming to rest on your back as you cuddled into her, closing your eyes,"That’s true, I mean, misery loves company, right?"

Day 13 - Forehead Kisses

When you arrived, you found Scarlett curled up in your trailer, wrapped in a thick blanket, sitting on a small armchair and looking absolutely miserable. Her usually tidy, blonde hair was messily thrown up into a ponytail, and her normally sparkling green eyes were dull and tired – both from the exhaustion of working all day and from whatever germs were making her feel so crappy.

"Hey," you said softly, placing the supplies on the small counter side, “I spoke to production, they agreed to let you have tomorrow off. They’re gonna do the audio logs instead.”

Scarlett managed a weak smile and croaked out a humble, "You didn’t have to do that"

“You'd do the same for me,” You shrugged, truthfully you both knew she needed it, even if she wasn’t willing to admit it, “Plus I don’t think you want to infect the rest of the crew, do you?”

“That’s true.” She her voice cracked as she mumbled before she broke off into a raspy cough, as she continued to look over the script beside her which you hadn’t noticed earlier.

Without a word, you walked over to her, crouching down to her eye level. Your fingers gently tilted her chin upwards, causing her to look at you with those tired, watery green eyes, “I thought we agreed that you were coming back here to rest. You know your lines already; you’re just going to strain your eyes doing this.”

You sighed, heading over to the bedroom and picking up the small pair of glasses which she kept on the bedside before returning and gently sliding them on, not wanting her headache to get any worse.

She sighed, setting the script down on her lap. "I know, but I just want to be sure, I hate the thought of delaying things. I don’t like being ‘that guy’ who holds things up for everyone else.

You leaned in closer, your thumb gently brushing away a stray strand of her blonde hair that had escaped her messy ponytail, “You’re not ‘that guy’, no one would ever think that."

"You're incredible, you know that?" you whispered softly.

She blushed, a faint flush of color spreading across her cheeks. "You're biased," she mumbled, but her eyes held a grateful glint.

"Maybe I am," you admitted with a playful grin, "But that doesn't change the fact that you need to rest. Everything else can be done tomorrow, you just need to start feeling better and you can't do that if you're keeping yourself awake when you're clearly tired love." You added, noticing her failed attempt at hiding a yawn.

Scarlett nodded, it was obvious she was starting to feel the exhaustion creeping in, she moved up, making for space for you as you came to sit beside her. But as you sat down you couldn't help but notice her shivering slightly.

Your concern deepened, and you decided it was time for some extra care. Leaning in, you pressed a tender kiss to her forehead, feeling the heat radiating from her feverish skin. Scarlett closed her eyes for a moment, savoring the affectionate gesture. "You're too good to me," she whispered, her voice still rough but filled with gratitude.

"It's because I care about you," you replied softly, your fingers tracing gentle circles on her back through the blanket as you pressed one more kiss to her forehead before settling beside her, pulling her into a warm embrace, "Now, let's make a deal. You rest for now, and when you're feeling better, we'll run lines together as many times as you want."

Scarlett smiled weakly, her cheeks flushed with a feverish warmth. "Deal."

Day 14 - ‘‘I shouldn’t be worried about you, but for some reason I am’’

Looking out over the office, something just seemed off. Nothing was out of place per say, but everyone seemed to be getting on with their business like any other day. But that was when she noticed it. The desk by the window - your desk - was empty.

Not empty in the way someone leaves it when they just pop out for coffee, no. Your desk was empty. No bags or files in sight. Every other reporter had already arrived by now. That wasn’t just odd. Quite frankly it was concerning.

Ever since buying CatCo you’d always arrived at least 20 minutes earlier than required, regularly arriving at the same time as herself. As such the two of you had gotten friendly, often grabbing a coffee for that other and Lena couldn’t quite place it but there was just something about you that made her heart flutter just a little.

She was just tapping into your number on her phone when she saw you shuffle into sight, planting yourself down in a less then grateful manner. Something was wrong.

Your eyes, usually bright and full of energy, were dulled by exhaustion. Your normally impeccable attire looked dishevelled, as if you'd hastily thrown on whatever was within reach this morning. Lena couldn't help but notice the way you kept sniffing and rubbing at your nose, and she could see the telltale redness around your eyes.

Concern etched across Lena's face as she watched you, unable to contain her worry any longer. She sent you a quick text message: "Hey, are you okay? You don't look well at all." She watched as your phone buzzed on your desk, hoping you'd read her message.

Meanwhile, she discreetly reached into her desk drawer and pulled out a packet of tissues, slipping them into her back pocket before standing up and heading over towards your desk. She made small talk with other employees as to not seem so intruding before she came to sit on the corner of your desk.

“I didn’t see you this morning.” She said as she casually picked up one of the reports you’d laid out, smiling at your perfectly scripted notes.

A series of soft sniffles punctuated the air as you leaned back in your chair, looking up at Lena with tired eyes. Your voice was scratchy as you replied, “Yeah, I was just running late.” You stopped to clear you throat, which didn’t really help rid it of its raspy edge, “Sorry if I kept you waiting or anything.”

Lena arched an eyebrow, her concern deepening. "You don't sound so great," she commented, her fingers lightly touching your forehead as if checking for a fever. "You're not coming down with something, are you?"

You shook your head, only it did little to change her mind, “I’ll work through it I promise.” You coughed to the side before shifting your attention back to your work.

Lena couldn't help but feel a pang of worry deep in her chest. Your insistence on pushing through didn't sit well with her, not when she could see how uncomfortable you truly were. She continued to observe you, her concern growing with every sniffle.

She sighed and softly uttered, "I shouldn't be worried about you, but for some reason I am." Her voice was filled with genuine concern as she reached into her pocket and pulled out the packet of tissues she had stashed earlier. She extended it towards you, her eyes locked onto yours.

You hesitated for a moment before accepting the tissues, offering her a faint, appreciative smile. "Thanks," you murmured, your voice still raspy. "I'll be fine, really. I just have a lot I need to finish today.”

Lena's hand moved to gently cup your cheek, her thumb brushing against your skin in a soothing manner. "You don't have to be a hero, you know," she whispered softly. "Do you really think it’s smart to be working when you’re obviously feeling like shit.”

Your eyes widened, you hadn’t heard her swear at work before but nonetheless you found yourself leaning into her touch, closing your eyes briefly and savouring the warmth of her hand against your face. "I just... I don’t want to let anyone down, we’re all on deadlines here." you admitted, your voice cracked slightly before you spluttered off into a cough.

Lena's expression softened even further, and she leaned in closer, her eyes locked onto yours. "You're not letting anyone down," she said earnestly. "And you certainly aren't letting me down.”

You tried to smile but you were interrupted as you sneezed down into your elbow, "Hh..Hh'iih'tshoo! Hh'itschoo!"

Unable to resist any longer, Lena reached into her back pocket and pulled out the packet of tissues she had stashed there. She placed it gently on your desk, right next to your elbow. "Here," she said softly, "you might need these."

You gave her a weak but appreciative smile, accepting the tissues. "Thanks, Lena." Your voice was even raspier now, and you couldn't help but wince as a particularly nasty sneeze overtook you. "Ugh, sorry about that."

Lena waved off your apology with a caring look. "No need to apologize. You shouldn't be working in this condition, you know. It's good for you at all."

You shrugged, attempting to sound nonchalant despite the obvious discomfort you were in. "I've had worse. It'll pass, I just need to get on with this.” You tapped your pen on the side of your desk, only it slipped through your fingers and rolled onto the floor, landing at your bosses' feet.

Lena sighed as she picked up the pen, placing it in your hand gently before she leaned in closer, her voice lowered to a more intimate tone. "You know," she began, "I shouldn't be worried about you, but for some reason, I am."

Your eyes met hers, and in that moment, you could see the genuine worry and care reflected in her gaze at she stared down at you. You didn't know how or why, but it warmed your heart somehow. It made you feel warm inside. "Lena," you whispered, your voice betraying your exhaustion as it rasped and cracked, "You don’t need to be worried about me. I promise I can take care of myself.”

Lena's fingers lightly brushed against your arm, a soft smile playing at the corners of her lips. "Well, I can't help it," she admitted, her voice filled with sincerity and sympathy, "There's just something about you that makes me want to look after you. There’s something special about you, and I want to know what it is."

As Lena confessed her feelings, you couldn't help but feel a flutter of hope building up inside your chest. Maybe, just maybe, this had brought something unexpected into your life. You leaned in a little closer, your noses nearly touching, and you whispered back, "I'm not sure what it is, but I feel the same way about you.”

The loud chattering office seemed to fade into the background as the pair of you shared a moment of connection, your illness momentarily forgotten. The air between you was charged with unspoken emotions, and you both knew that something special was happening. Something which could change your futures.

Lena's thumb gently traced circles on your arm as she leaned even closer, her lips barely an inch from yours.

"You know," she murmured, her voice soft and inviting, "maybe you don't have to work through this cold alone. Maybe I could... take care of you." Her warm breath brushed against your lips, causing your heart to jitter and flutter with anticipation.

Your eyes locked onto hers, and the world around you seemed to vanish. You were no longer in your office surrounded by colleagues, you were with her and her alone, "I'd like that," you whispered, your voice filled with a mixture of desire and vulnerability, “I’d like that a lot.”

Lena closed the remaining distance between your lips, and the kiss that followed was gentle yet electric, filling you with a warmth you hadn’t felt in years. It was a promise of something new, a connection that went beyond the office walls.

Day 15 - Sick in an Inconvenient Place

“It’s so busy.” A small voice groaned from the crook of your neck before she sniffled thickly, rubbing the edge of her nose against her wrist.

Lizzie's soft whimper sent a shiver down your spine as you stood off to the side of the busy room. The flashing lights, the drumming of footsteps, and the buzz of excitement from the crowd were almost overwhelming. Comic-Con usually such a fun event, but it was becoming painfully clear that Lizzie's untimely bug had thrown a wrench into your plans.

You wrapped your arm around her shoulders, trying to offer some comfort amidst the chaos. "I know, sweetheart. I'm sorry this had to happen now." Your voice was laced with concern as you felt her body shiver against yours. She looked stunning in her elegant gown, but her pale complexion and watery eyes told a different story.

A soft, sounding sneeze suddenly escaped Lizzie, drawing attention from a nearby group of photographers. She blushed, hiding her face in the crook of your neck. "I'm sorry," she sniffled thickly, rubbing the edge of her nose against her wrist.

You reassured her with a gentle smile, placing a kiss on her forehead. "Don't worry, love. It's not your fault.” She continued to lean on you for support, her body feeling unusually heavy as the two of you navigated through the sea of people.

Before long the two of you had made to the designated meet up spot, and you could already see several of your co-stars chatting amongst themselves. You were all due to appear on a panel to answer some fan questions and talk about your upcoming show but from the way your wife was coughing beside you, you weren’t so sure that was going to happen.

She had a persistent, raspy cough that punctuated her sentences, and her nose was becoming increasingly red and irritated from all the tissue use. As you approached your co-stars, their faces displayed a mix of concern and sympathy.

The director of the series immediately noticed Lizzie's distress. "Hey you two!" he called out as he jogged over towards the two of you, his brows furrowing in worry. "You okay over there Lizzie?"

She tried to put on a brave face, but her coughing fit gave her away. "I'm trying to be," she replied weakly, “I don’t think its working though.”

The director exchanged a concerned look with your co-stars before turning back to Lizzie. "Listen, we can't have you on the panel like this. It's not fair to you, and it's not fair to the fans. Your health comes first."

Lizzie nodded, her voice barely above a whisper as she said, "I know, but I don't want to let anyone down. People are expecting to see us all.”

One of your co-stars, a close friend of both you and Lizzie, stepped forward. "Hey, don't worry about it. We'll handle the panel, and you just focus on getting better."

Lizzie managed a weak smile, touched by their support. "Thank you, guys. I'm so sorry about this."

As your co-stars began to discuss how to rearrange the panel without Lizzie, you guided her to a quieter area away from the crowd. You could tell she was disappointed, but you also knew that pushing herself in her current condition would only make things worse, so you took her hand in your own and began to journey back up to your hotel room.

Before long the two of you made it back to the safety of you room and you watched as your wife flopped onto the bed, instantly crawling in and pulling the blanket around herself. You smiled and cupped her face in your hands and looked into her tired eyes. "You look so tired love." You sighed, taking off the shoes she’d neglected to remove.

She leaned into your touch, her eyes welling up with tears. "I just hate that I'm ruining this, you love these events.”

You brushed away a tear from her cheek with your thumb. "You're not ruining anything. And you’re right, I do love these events, but I love you more. Meaning you take priority here, over everything."

Lizzie chuckled weakly, “You’re too sweet I swea-Hh'iiishoo!"

You leaned in and kissed her forehead, then her nose, which was now redder than ever. "I love you, Lizzie, even when you're sick in the most inconvenient places."

Day 16 - Consulting the Internet/Web MD

“Kara- Kara! It’s just a sore throat, I’m not dying!” You had to raise your voice to attract the attention of the rapidly pacing blonde in front of you, the use of her superspeed making her dizzying to watch.

Kara finally came to a halt, her worried blue eyes locking onto yours. She looked like she was about to cry. "But, but you're in pain, and I don't know how to help you. I mean, I can stop bank robbers and save people from burning buildings, but I can’t do anything, and I can literally hear how congested you are!”

You couldn't help but chuckle at Kara's adorable display of concern. Her superhero abilities were indeed awe-inspiring, but when it came to taking care of her sick girlfriend, it seemed she was as lost as anyone else.

“It’s okay, really. I mean you’ve seen Alex sick right? I’m not going to die.” You couldn’t help but chuckle, albeit you regretted the decision when it sent you into a rough sounding cough causing Kara to zip to your side in an instant, rubbing her hand down your back in a soothing manner.

Her hand on your back was surprisingly warm (mainly due to her Kyrptonian body running a few degrees warmer than your own) and you couldn't help but lean into her touch. She was trying so hard to take care of you, and it melted your heart.

She stayed by your side for a while before seemingly getting an idea which had her practically jumping off the sofa and racing off to grab something. When she Kara returned, her eyes were glued to her smartphone. She had a determined look on her face, as if she had just discovered the most critical piece of information in the world. She plopped back down beside you on the couch grinning like a child who’d just been given an extra piece of candy.

"I know how to help!" Kara declared confidently, waving her phone in the air. "I just Googled 'how to take care of someone with a cold.'"

You couldn't help but smile at her blatant enthusiasm, "Well, what did Google say then?”

Kara cleared her throat and started listing off the advice she had found. "Okay, so, it says you should stay hydrated, get plenty of rest, and keep warm. Oh, and chicken soup! Apparently, chicken soup is a magical cure for colds."

"That's a good start.” You sighed contently; soup did sound good.

"But wait, there's more!" Kara continued, scrolling through her search results. "It says here that I should keep you comfortable, so I can maybe you an extra blanket if you’d like. And, um, it says I should also make sure you have tissues nearby, so..." She produced a box of tissues from seemingly thin air.

You raised your eyebrows, “Oh! Thanks.”

With a triumphant smile, she handed you the tissues, "Oh! It says you should nap too, napping will help, and I should make you hot tea with honey. I can do that!"

“That sounds really nice pumpkin, do you wanna make that and join me in bed? A nap does sound really good right now.” You asked to which she nodded happily. You gave her a small kiss as you pulled yourself up from the sofa, shuffling off in the direction of your shared room, coughing slightly into your elbow. “I’ll save you a spot for you and try not to cough up a lung while I’m there.” You joked, shuffling away.

“Alright, I’ll be there soo- Wait, that can happen?!”

On 9/23/2023 at 2:45 PM, Cleopatra said:

moooore*-*

Day 17 - Magical Remedy/Healing Potion

The soft glow of evening sunlight filtered through the curtains, casting a warm hue over the cosy living room. Wanda Maximoff sat on the couch; her attention only somewhat focused on a book in her lap. She could hear the faint sound of sneezing followed by an annoyed grown and the rustle of tissues coming from the bedroom down the hall, a sound that had been echoing through their shared apartment all day.

Wanda sighed and closed her book, setting it aside. She couldn't concentrate on reading it anyway. Not when she knew her girlfriend was feeling miserable in the other room. Nat had caught some sort of bug, and as much as she was trying to hide it, Wanda could tell it was taking a toll on her.

But she had an idea to help. Wanda got up and headed into the kitchen. She was known for her magical prowess of course, and she intended to put her abilities to good use. She opened the pantry and gathered a selection of herbs, honey, and other ingredients, then began to brew a special tea. One that should provide some comfort to her miserable partner.

Wanda hummed to herself as she worked her magic, the scent of the steamy concoction wafting into the air, filling the apartment with a comforting aroma of herbs. Wanda knew she was on the right track. Her magic was at its best when she was motivated by love and a desire to help those she cared about.

Before long it was done. Once the tea was ready, she poured it into a mug and carried it down the hallway to the bedroom. She pushed open the door and found Nat curled up in a nest of blankets, looking both adorable and pitiful at the same time.

Natasha sniffled and looked up as Wanda entered the room. "Hey," she rasped, her voice scratchy from all the coughing she’d been failing at muffling throughout the day, “Sorry, was I being too loud.”

Wanda smiled sympathetically and approached the bed, sitting down on the edge of the mattress beside her girlfriend, "Hey, love. Not at all, don’t worry, I just came to bring you something."

Natasha's eyes brightened a little as she noticed the steaming mug in Wanda's hand, sitting up she asked curiously "Is that for me?"

“Mhm.” Wanda nodded and handed the mug to Nat. "It's a special blend I made just for you. It should help you feel a little better, it’ll let you finally sleep too. I can tell you’re tired.” She pressed a soft kiss to the redheads’ cheek.

Nat smiled to herself before taking a cautious sip. The effects were immediate, and she could feel the soothing effects of the tea settling it. She let out a contented sigh and nestled further into her blankets. "Thank you Wands’."

"You're welcome," Wanda soothed gently, "I really hate seeing you like this. Is there anything else I can do for you?"

Natasha reached out and took Wanda's hand, giving it a weak but appreciative squeeze. "You’ve already done enough.”

Wanda smiled and used her magic to gently stroke Natasha's hair, soothing her further. The magic tea began to work its sleepy magic, and Nat's eyelids began to grow heavy.

"Rest, my love," Wanda whispered, her eyes glowing with a soft, comforting light. "I'll be right here."

With a final sigh, the widow closed her eyes, a small smile on her lips, as she drifted off to sleep. Wanda continued to sit by her side, her magic keeping a protective watch over her beloved girlfriend. In that moment, she knew that love and magic were the most powerful healers of all.

Day 18 - “Wear your coat, you’ll catch a cold”

“What am I going to do with you sweetheart? Eh?” Lena sighed, lathering up the shampoo as she softly ran her hands through your hair, carefully washing it.

“You could kiss me and make me soup?” You giggled feverishly, as you looked over your shoulder to see Lena raise an eyebrow and shoot you an ‘are you kidding me’ sort of look.

In her defence she had warned you this would happen. Her exact words had been “Remember to wear a coat, you’ll catch a cold otherwise.” But did you wear a coat? Nope. Instead, you had gotten thoroughly soaked and chilled to the bone, leading you to where you were now. 3 days later, sniffling and miserable as both you and Lena sat on the floor of your steam filled shower in an attempt to clear up your sinuses.

With a playful smirk, Lena leaned closer, her lips hovering near your forehead. "Well, since you asked so nicely," she said, planting a gentle kiss on your feverish forehead. You couldn't help but grin happily, “Next time you’ll listen to me though, won’t you?”

You nodded weakly, a contented sigh escaping your lips as Lena continued to wash your hair with tender care. The steam from the shower seemed to be finally doing wonders for your stuffy nose, and you could finally breathe a little easier.

Lena's fingers continued to massage your scalp, her touch soothing and loving. "I will, I promise." you whispered, your voice still a bit hoarse round the edges.

She chuckled softly, the sound like music to your ears. "That's what I like to hear." Lena leaned in, her lips brushing against your earlobe. "And as for the soup, it's already simmering on the stove. You'll have a nice, hot bowl waiting for you when we're done here."

Day 20 - Cramping Pain

As you settled down on the cozy couch with Kate, you could feel the anticipation in the air. It was movie night, a cherished tradition between you two. Tonight, the plan was to watch one of Kate's favourite classic films, and you could tell she was excited. The room was dimly lit, the only source of illumination coming from the soft glow of the TV screen.

Kate, wearing her comfiest pyjamas and a warm blanket wrapped around her, snuggled up close to you. As the opening credits of the movie rolled, she suddenly winced and shifted uncomfortably.

"Is something wrong love?" you asked, concerned.

Kate sighed, her brows furrowing as she scrunched up her face. "I think my period is starting. I've got these awful cramps."

Instantly, you felt a pang of sympathy for your fiancée. You knew how painful her cramps could be, and you hated to see her in discomfort. So without another word, you got up, pressed a soft kiss to her temple and went to the kitchen, grabbing a hot water bottle and some pain relief medication from the cabinets.

Returning to the couch, you handed the hot water bottle to Kate. "Here, this might help with the cramps," you offered with a sweet smile.

Kate smiled gratefully and accepted the bottle, pressing it against her lower abdomen. The warmth provided some immediate relief, and she visibly relaxed. "Thank you, you're the best," she whispered, leaning in to plant a tender kiss on your cheek.

You reached for the pain relief medication and a glass of water, handing them to Kate. "Take these too. They should help ease the pain."

She nodded and swallowed the pills, then snuggled back into your embrace. The movie continued to play in the background, but your attention was solely on Kate. You started gently massaging her shoulders, trying to ease the tension in her body.

As the minutes passed, Kate's cramps gradually subsided, thanks to the combination of the hot water bottle, pain relief medication, and your comforting presence. She sighed contentedly and focused on the movie once more, her discomfort forgotten.

You watched the film together, occasionally stealing glances at Kate to make sure she was feeling better. Her smile and occasional giggles told you that she was enjoying the movie, and you couldn't help but feel grateful that you could be there to take care of her when she needed it most.

Day 19 - Curled Up With a Pet

Natasha groaned in misery and pain as she shifted positions in bed. She had been battling a relentless migraine all day, one of those skull-splitting headaches that felt like a vice squeezing her temples. It was awful and had kept her in bed for most of the day. The world around her seemed to have fizzled away, reduced to a painful haze of throbbing pain, and even the softest sounds seemed to reverberate through her head like thunderclaps. It was the kind of day where every ray of light was an assault, and every movement sent waves of nausea coursing through her body.

With the curtains drawn tightly shut, she lay cocooned in the comforting darkness of her bedroom. She had always been prone to migraines, but this one was particularly stubborn, resisting all her usual remedies. Her only solace was the presence of Liho, her fluffy black cat, who had taken up residence on the bed beside her. Liho's warm, furry body provided a soothing counterpoint to the relentless pain in her head.

As Natasha lay there, clutching her pillow and willing the pain to subside, she heard the front door of their apartment open and close. Footsteps approached the bedroom, and then the door swung open slowly. A shaft of light pierced the darkness, and Natasha winced, burying her face deeper into her pillow.

"Natasha?" a soft voice called out, tinged with concern.

It was her girlfriend, whose voice was a soothing melody on Natasha's tormented senses. You somehow always had a way of making things better, and she longed to be held in your arms right now. Blinking against the painful intrusion of the light, she turned her head to see you standing in the doorway, silhouetted against the soft glow of the hallway light.

Liho stirred, sensing the newcomer, and gracefully padded over to greet you with a low, contented purr. Natasha watched as you cooed and crouched down to stroke Liho's fur, her fingers gentle and soothing.

"Hey there, Liho," You whispered softly, your voice a comforting lullaby for both cat and woman. "Where's your momma hiding, hm kitty?"

Liho, content with the attention, continued to purr and nuzzled her your hand. Natasha managed a weak smile at the sound of her happily purring cat.

"I'm in here," Nat replied, her voice a strained whisper.

Hearing her voice, your head turned in its direction, your eyes adjusting to the dimness of the room. You took a step closer, your features twisting in subtl concern as your made out Natasha's pallor and the lines of pain etched into her face.

"Oh, sweetheart," You said softly, crossing the room and sitting on the edge of the bed. "You've had that migraine all day, haven't you? I told you to call me if it wasn’t getting any better, didn’t I?”

Natasha could only nod in response, tears of pain and frustration pooling in her eyes. You sighed pitifully and reached out to brush a strand of hair away from Natasha's forehead, her touch gentle and cool against her skin. You were in no mood to scold her about her stubbornness, not when she was clearly being punished enough by her own body.

"I'm so sorry love," You murmured, her voice dripping with sympathy as your hand slipped into hers, your thumb rubbing gently on hers, "Let me help you?”

She nodded again and you leaned down to press a tender kiss to her forehead while the black cat jumped back up onto the bed, twirling in a circle before settling into the small divot in Natasha’s pillow. Even in the midst of the storm inside her head, she knew she was home, and in the comforting presence of the person (and kitty) who made everything better.

Day 21 - "But if you stay, you'll get sick too."

As the rain poured relentlessly on the darkened street, you and Natasha sat in the inconspicuous black sedan, parked across from the abandoned warehouse. The mission was simple: observe and gather intel on a suspicious arms deal that was rumoured to go down tonight. However, things weren't going as smoothly as planned. The chilly night air seeped through the car's cracked windows, making the atmosphere even more unbearable as the rain rattled against the windshield.

Natasha had been uncharacteristically quiet throughout the entire stakeout, staring out the window without saying a word. Something was up with her. If you didn’t know better, it was almost as if she was functioning on autopilot. Normally she’d be reading over files or making use of her time in another way but today she was different.

Thinking about it, she’d seemed off all day. You’d remembered seeing her spacing out frequent during your debriefing seemingly unable to concentrate.

As you watched her from the corner of your eye, you noticed her shivering slightly despite the car's heating system running on full blast. The dim interior of the sedan made it difficult to see her clearly, but the subtle signs of discomfort were unmistakable. She sniffled softly, and then, without warning, she let out a series of suppressed sneezes.

“Hhh’itshoo! ...Hh’tshu!”

Oh. That’s why she seemed so spacey. “Bless you.” Your murmured quietly, trying to keep the concern out of your voice. You couldn’t miss the way jumped slightly at the sound of your voice, almost as if she hadn't realised you were there despite the pair of you sitting then than a few inches away. Natasha turned towards you, her face pale and tired, the dim light revealing dark circles under her eyes. She gave you a weak smile before casting her eyes back to the warehouse out front.

“You alright there baby?” You asked calmly, keeping your gaze adverted, you knew if you asked outright, she’d get all defensive and grouchy - a grumpy Natasha was certainly not someone you wanted to deal with on a stakeout.

She muttered something under her breath as she sank back against her seat, “I’m fine.” Her sentence was followed by a soft sniffle which had you looking over her, worry nestled behind in your gaze. She certainly didn’t look fine.

Her eyelids were drooping, and her head kept nodding forward before she jerked it back upright. It was clear she was fighting a losing battle against exhaustion. Eventually she seemed to settle, and you couldn’t help but look over curiously to see her eyes closed as her head rested against her shoulder – an awful position that was bound to make her wake up stiff if she stayed like that.

You reached over and placed a hand on her forehead, shaking your head as you felt her shivering skin, "You're freezing Natasha," you sighed softly to yourself, “Poor girl, there’s a nice warm bubble bath in your future I reckon.”

You must’ve been mumbling a little too loudly however as your girlfriend stirred beneath your touch, slowly bringing her hands up to her eyes and rubbing at them sleepily, “Mmh don’t want a bath.”

The concern in your voice was undeniable as you gently stroked her hair, your hand still on her forehead. "You don't want a bath, huh? Well, how about a warm cup of tea when we get out of here, and then you can decide?"

Natasha mumbled something unintelligible, her voice still groggy from drowsiness. Her defences were down in her half-asleep state, and she seemed more vulnerable than usual.

"You've been pushing yourself too hard lately," you said softly, your thumb caressing her cheek. "We both know you’ve not been sleeping well. I don’t think staying here is going to do you any good. There's no use being here if you’re too out of it to stay alert. It's not safe baby.”

She blinked blearily, her tired eyes struggling to focus on you. "But the intel... the arms deal..."

"We've gathered what we can for now, we'll report back, and the team can analyse it.” You reached over and gently placed a hand on her upper thigh, squeezing it gently when she coughed into her elbow again, "We should’ve stayed home baby. This can’t have come on this fast. When did you feel this crap kicking in, hm?” You asked, as you turned on the engine and began pulling out of your parking spot.

As you eased the car away from the abandoned warehouse, Natasha leaned back in her seat, her eyes still heavy with fatigue. She let out a long sigh, her voice raspy from the grasp of a sore throat. "I started feeling like this earlier today, but I thought I could tough it out. Guess I was wrong."

You continued to drive, making your way towards home. "You're too stubborn, you know that?" you said with a gentle smile, “Bath and bed and snuggles for you when we get home.”

“But - HHhh-hh'itshhiew!- if you stay then you’ll get sick too, I can sleep in the-” She began to object but you cut her off with a soft kiss.

“Then so be it.”