Sneeze Fetish Forum

For Real (M/M)

Lily

I love their dynamic and how they tease each other with ease.

Alexander's awkwardness about talking to about sneezing remind me of myself. I remember when my husband and I were dating and this topic came about (don't remember how) and I was constantly avoiding it and trying to change the subject while getting a little defensive. He accepted it and even though I still feel a little awkward it's not as bad. Even though it's hella awkward I do hope they talk about it. 

Also Hugo complementing Alexander's sneezes made me melt. 🫠 I can't wait for the next update 

salut salut

@RipleyToo it's comiiing

@dwaekki @Not Telling poor Hugo he doesn't feel he deserve anything I guess ? 

On 10/6/2023 at 5:10 PM, 2SHY222 said:

Alexander's awkwardness about talking to about sneezing remind me of myself. I remember when my husband and I were dating and this topic came about (don't remember how) and I was constantly avoiding it and trying to change the subject while getting a little defensive. He accepted it and even though I still feel a little awkward it's not as bad. Even though it's hella awkward I do hope they talk about it. 

ugh I feel you 100% maybe they will 🤭

INCOMING DRAMA FOLKS 💜 don't worry it's going to be ok

7 – The greater the fall…

Alexander and Hugo were sitting at the bottom of a long staircase that led to the library. Hugo had borrowed several kilos of books which, as usual, threatened to burst his bag. He leafed through one with interest. Alexandre was bored.

“Hugo look!”

And he jumped from the fifth step of the stairs before landing smoothly next to Hugo. Hugo grimaced.

"Amazing." he said with an absent tone.

Alexander sighed. Hugo was absolutely not impressed and, in fact, he didn't even look at him.

“I bet I can jump off the seventh step”

"Cool" answered Hugo in the same way.

"Okay, nerd, what if I jump from... Let's say... The twelfth?"

“Ugh, let it go Alex.”

“It doesn’t seem complicated to me.”

"Stop. Don't jump."

“You don’t think I’m capable of it ?”

Hugo finally looked up and looked at Alexander.

“Come on, we’re not 8 anymore.”

Alexandre was upset. Hugo could be more and more prickly with him. In addition, he realized how much reading did not interest him when it was one of Hugo's passions. And it wasn't just it. More and more things were now separated the teenagers aged 14 and 15. Alexander shrugged his shoulders.

"You didn't answer me. You don't think I'm capable of it ?"

Hugo rolled his eyes and ended up looking at the stairs.

"How much ?"

“Fifteenth step” Alexander answered, adding three more steps.

"Certainly not."

Frustrated, Alexandre climbed the stairs to the fifteenth floor. Hugo with his book aside.

“Alex, don’t do it.”

"I'm tall you know. It doesn't seem that tall to me."

“You moron, come back down right away !” shouted Hugo.

And Alex jumped. Of course he failed, because even though he was athletic and tall, the distance was too great and he landed on another step, his ankle twisted. He rolled down the last steps and landed lying at Hugo's feet. His face expressed great pain and he opened his mouth as if to scream but no sound came out, as the pain took away his breath. Hugo turned pale very quickly and thought he was going to faint but immediately had the reflex to call the emergency. Alexander gritted his teeth very hard. He didn’t want to show his pain too much.

“Alex ?”

Alexander raised his eyes again. Hugo crouched down beside him.

“Don’t call Babka.” mumbled Alexander.

“Are you ok?” frowned Hugo.

“Don’t call…Ouch ouch ouch…” said Alexander, as he was trying to sit.

Hugo took him by the hand and helped him to sit. A small tear ran down Alexander's cheek.

“Are you alright ?” asked Hugo, full of concern.

Alexander put his hand against his temple. There was a bit of blood.

“Alex !” shouted Hugo.

“What ?” shouted back Alexander.

“Are you…Alright ?”

“Do I look like…No I’m not fine !” he cried, frustrated.

“Hey it’s not my fault if you jumped !” replied Hugo dryly.

“Fuck off !”

"You f-f-f-fuck off!" stammered Hugo, having trouble to swear even to Alexander.

And he got up and walked away trembling. Alexander snorted but winced in pain just after it. He rolled his eyes and raised his head.

“C’mon h…Hugo?”

Hugo quickly wiped his eyes and sniffed.

“Hugo are you…”

“You are the most stupid person on earth do you know that ?” shouted Hugo.

"Are you…"

“I’m crying, you idiot, fucking stupid moron ! Because you’re the most careless person ever!”

Alexander wiped his temple, shivering.

“Hugo I’m s…”

"Shut up. "

“I’m sor…”

"Shut up."

Alexander sighed softly.

“I didn’t mean to scare you.”

“Ugh, you didn’t scare me. And shut up.”

“Or to make you cry.”

Hugo returned slowly to Alexander. He could here the sirens.

“They’re coming for you.”

“You called them” realized Alexander.

“I’m the clever one” mumbled Hugo.

Alexander smiled. That was sadly true. Too much true.

“Why did you jump ?” sighed Hugo.

“Because I’m a moron ?” suggested Alexander, in a more bitter tone he wanted to.

“You know you’re not.”

“Because…”

"Tell me"

“Because ugh, you…”

“I what ?”

“I wanted this.”

“What are you talking about?”

Alexander looked at his ankle. It was so painful. He hoped it wasn't broken, he didn't want to worry Babka. But…But it was so painful. He sighed softly. The emergency truck was coming to the end of the street. Blue and red lights surrounded Hugo's face. Alexander knew he didn't have much time left. It was now or never.

"Sasha ?" asked Hugo, looking at him.

"I wanted you to look at me. " confessed Alexander, looking a bit sad.

Hugo frowned. That was unexepected. So far from Alexander usual light mode and bad jokes. They looked at each other without saying a word. Again, this silence. And their eyes looking at each other in confusion and perhaps another feeling that both of them couldn’t named at that time.

2023 – Present day

"IShuh ! Tssh’m ! Iksssh’t ! Uh…Shit. Sweetheart." dared Alexander in a whisper.

“…”

“Malenki, wake up.” he said louder.

“Mmm…”

“Hugo ! Wake up you’re late !” he said even louder.

Hugo woke up with a start, sitting up, looking very confused.

“W-whatv?”

“You’re late,” Alexander repeated, sitting with his knees bent to his chest, the blanket covering him.

Hugo ran a hand through his hair, confused.

“What…Uhm…”

He looked at the clock and turned pale. He quickly got out of bed, grabbed some things and rushed to the bathroom. He came out five minutes later, dressed, and left without saying a word.

“I…Have a nice day?” ventured Alexander, sorry about the situation but not knowing what to do about it. He just hoped Hugo was going to be ok.

Alexander was going to come to the chalet. He had walked in the mountain but wanted to welcome Hugo. Seeing the sun descending through the mountains, he suspected that his childhood friend must have finished soon. So he walked on the path that ran along the mountain and was surprised, upon arriving in the valley, to see Hugo, sitting on a lying trunk, looking at the landacape between the pines.

"Hey there. "

Hugo looked at him furtively.

“Hey.”

“How was your day?” gently asked Alexander.

"The worse." said Hugo dryly.

“Oh…I’m sorry do you n…”

“I don’t want to talk about it.” cut coldly Hugo.

Alexander frowned and lowered his head. Ok, and now they were back to this terrible tension again ?

“Hugo, I…Maybe I can help?”

“Of course not. It’s done.” snorted Hugo.

"Hey. Talking might help?"

"Please. Your not my therapist."

“No need to be harsh. I know you. You’re not mean.”

“Hey, I changed. I’m not just your little Hugo, ‘kay? I changed. You don’t know me that much now.”

That was harsh. Again. Alexander didn’t understand why Hugo acted like this. He must have really had a lousy day to allow himself to be like that. But Alexander didn't want to get upset. Hugo was already so sensitive right now, and he didn’t want to loose the contact with him.

“I know you better than you think.” said Alexander, kicking a little boot into a mound of snow.

He could feel the snow entering the hole in his boot and melting into his shoe, freezing his foot, which was a very unpleasant feeling but what bothered him most was what Hugo was implying at this point. Hugo looked at him.

“In four years people change.” tried to explain Hugo.

"Not that much. Like ok, tell me if you changed the way you put your socks and shoes on the morning." answered Alexander in an almost childish way.

"That's...Stupid" said Hugo, frowning because he wasn't expecting this.

"You put one sock, usually the right one, and then your right shoe. Then the same with the left. Right?"

"That's...Stupid" repeated Hugo but his voice didn't sound convinced are all.

“You always wear neutral colors because you are convinced that no color really suits you.” added Alexander.

Hugo grimaced. Oh yes, that was still painfully true.

“By the way, the blue is fitting you perfectly so you could give it a try from time to time.” Alexander couldn't help but add.

Hugo carefully avoided looking at him as his cheeks colored pink.

"Okay, so what ? You're going to give me twenty other examples in order to make your point?"

“Do you want me to ?” asked seriously Alexander.

Hugo took his head in his hands.

"S-stop being so silly. I have OCD's I know I have. You're just going to naming them ? Uh ? Anyways...I know you can't even find ten other things. I told you I changed. And by the way..."

"I know that you still don't take breakfast. Because it bothers you, you never know what to choose and you don't really like any of the options. That's not OCD. That's just plain you." cutted Alexander. "And...And you don't want to be treated for your allergies cause you're afraid to put things in your body. You always have to stretch in the morning otherwise you have cramps all day. You think nobody sees how you tried to function properly in society but I know how you're very observant and tried your best every day. That's also the reason why you frequently have migraine. I'm sure you have one right now. And I'm sorry for you , but take a pill before getting on my own nerves next time, ok ? And...And you hate attractions parks except the Coney Island one. And I get you 100% because I have very nice memories from there with you. You can't watch horror movies because for some reason you always care to much for the person being tortured and killed in them. You love Alice and you missed her so you avoid talking about her because you just work this way. And...And you don't understand why people insist for you to look at them directly in the eyes when you know you're more unfocused that way. You care for people more than you pretended too. I know that you are still sending a message or calling Babka every first Sunday of the month at 6 p.m. because it's usually the time she returns from the cemetery and you know she needs someone to talk. You always think you know better than anyone and youre probably right most of the time. " rambled Alexander.

He knew, as he was speaking, of a thousand more things he could say about Hugo and was actually getting emotional as he wanted to say how he loved all the sides of Hugo.

“S-shut up” mumbled Hugo in a weak voice.

Alexander looked at him. He knew Hugo wasn't going to look at him, not because he was embarrassed but that it was just his way of doing things; Alexander had not forgotten this and remained respectful of this aspect. But he needed to look at Hugo. This face. This face still so full of youth but also quite different, more mature. That was almost painful to do. But why ?

"Just admit I was right. I could tell so many things about you but whats the point huh ? Admit that for once I know better. I'm right, sorry, clever one." he said, taking a step back as if to give him some space.

“Fine ! You’re right ok ?” exploded Hugo.

He began to pace back and forth and Alexander stepped back again to give him space.

"Damn it. I hate how you always force me to...Hey watch out !" Hugo suddenly exclaimed, realizing how close Alexander was from the edge of the cliff.

But Hugo's scream made Alexander step back again. He lost his balance on the edge of the cliff and fell into the void. Hugo thought his heart was going to give out at this vision. He rushed to the cliff and leaned down. Thank God, there was a sort of lower landing a little less than two meters down covered in a thick layer of snow into which Alexander had fallen. He was lying down but had his eyes open.

“I’m-m o-ok” he stammers when he sees Hugo’s frightened face, breathlessly.

“Don’t move !” ordered a very panicked Hugo.

He went around and carefully descended the cliff to arrive at the place of the fall. He shivered at how much longer the two meters seemed from here. As he approached, Alexander struggled to get up.

"Hey ! Told you not to move you moron !" he shouted with emotion.

"Ugh...Don't shout now..." said Alexander as he fell back into the snow.

Hugo knelt down beside him and examined Alexander. Well actually he touched Alexander's face, brushing his black curls back and then, his hand still in Alexander's hair, he looked at Alexander body. His breathing was deep and ragged, his face twitching with fear. He swallowed so hard that Alexander heard it.

"Huh ? Hugo? What..."

“Are you ok ?” asked Hugo in a tense voice.

"Yeh...Yes, just need....Uh...To take my breath again." mumbled Alexander, trying to calm his breathing.

Hugo's hand in his curls we're not fixing things.

“F-f-fuck.” escaped Hugo's mouth.

Alexander smiled Hearing Hugo, very polite and serious Hugo cursing was still that distracting. He even started to giggled but this made him groan in pain.

Ouch....!

Hugo gasped lightly. Concern was making him look like he was going to cry.

"You're not ok at all" he said and his eyes looked anxious.

So anxious in fact that Alexander, gathering all his strength, slowly stood up to reassure him. A drop of sweat beaded on his forehead as it was so painful but he didn't want to scare Hugo anymore.

"I'm ok. See ?" he smiled through the pain.

It was his motto. Especially with Hugo.

“I’m so sorry. It’s my fault sorry, I’m so…I’m really sorry.” apologized Hugo, feeling his heart which did not want to stop beating at full speed.

“Well just a bit” teased Alexander trying to make Hugo smile.

But it had the opposite effect. Hugo never looked more distressed since the last hours they had spent together.

“Hey I was joking !” claimed Alexander.

"That's....Snff...Not f-funny you moron." Hugo mumbled, bringing his hand into a tight fist and trembling against his mouth. He felt like a sob wanted to escape him.

“No but c’mon it’s just a little f…”

“I snfff thought you were g-gone.” finally said Hugo.

And hearing it said seemed to add to his emotion. Hugo's eyes filled with tears as he let out a sharp sigh interspersed with emotions. Alexander frowned. He swallowed lightly.

"You...I thought you actually di-d-d...I just...I can't ev-even say it I'm..." stammered Hugo, like he was in a shock state.

He thought Alexander died. And that was just the worst feeling ever. He couldn’t even think about it. Hugo looked Alexander straight in the eyes before turning his face away but Alexander saw Hugo's tears which threatened to flow. This vision was terrible. Je thought he had just been punched in the heart and that made him wince.

"Hey-hey. I'm ok. Promise."

Hugo started to sniffled, passed his wrist gently against his nose as he didn't have much to wipe it. He tried very hard not to cry but it was hard. He had been angry and frustrated, but the moment Alexander disappeared had been so quick and terrible that it seemed like he was going to die instantly. Right now, he wanted a hug. That was so stupid. He sniffed again and that triggered a sneeze.

“Snnnrf-hhh-Huhhh-Hupkxxxuh !” against his trembling fist. He sniffed again.

“Bless you.” gently said Alexander.

“T-Thanks.” said Hugo in a little voice.

"Malenki, come here. Need your help."

Hugo looked at Alexander, concerned but ready to help. He approached slightly. Alexander put an arm around his neck.

“Will you help me get up ?” he asked.

He really didn't want to but if he cooled his body down too much he was afraid he wouldn't be able to do it at all. 

“Shouldn’t I call someone ?” Hugo asked, worried, shivering slightly at Alexander's contact.

“I only need you.” firmly said Alexander.

"But...I'm not the strongest guy every you said so yourself don't you t..." started to stammered Hugo, unsure of himself.

"Shut up. I was a moron. You said so yourself right ?" cutted Alexander.

Hugo sighed. They counted together and stood up. Alexander grimaced slightly. But it was when he set foot on the ground that he let out a complaint, tightening his grip around Hugo. Hugo who supported Alexander and who did not flinch.

“Sasha ?” asked Hugo, voice full of concern.

"I must have sprained my ankle. Could use your help to walk to the chalet." grunted Alexander.

“O-okay.” stammers Hugo.

"Don't worry. We'll get there" encouraged Alexander.

And so they trudged back to the chalet, Alexander trying not to collapse against Hugo while walking and Hugo trying to support Alexander as best he could. Arriving at the threshold of the inn, Alexander stopped, froze and had a very sharp inhale.

“HA-tssshhh-iiuuuh !” sneezed gently Alexander against his free hand.

Hugo jumped slightly as he was not ready, even if Alexander’s sneeze was just so little, precious even.

"S-sorry" grunted Alexander, blushing slightly.

“About what ?” murmured Hugo still more concerned about the ankle.

"I think...I think I'm ok now." mumbled Alexander.

Alexander tried to separate from Hugo but this one did not let him go, still holding him.

"Uhm...Hugo ?"

“You scared me.” confessed Hugo, and he hugged Alexander as he couldn't just let him go like this.

Alexander lost his balance slightly but was surprised to feel Hugo holding him firmly, preventing him from falling. He put his arms gently around Hugo but felt his own cheeks getting hotter.

"Sorry. I'm...I'm ok." He said.

Hugo nodded but kept on hugging Alexander, smelling him softly, rubbing his head against the sweater. Alexander froze but quickly relaxed. Hugo was hugging him. In a very tender manner.

"Sorry...I just...Sorry...I'm just starting to process." said Hugo, gently hugging Alexander.

And Hugo felt how hard Alexander's heart was beating. He closed his eyes for a second and let go of him, still supporting him though. Without looking directly at Alexander he made his mind.

"I'm going to help you with the stairs."

"Huh-huh..." said Alexander, looking apprehensively at the stairs.

“Hey can I help ?” asked a suave voice behind them.

They turned. A very handsome black man, with a rather Californian accent, was standing behind them. He was almost dripping in jewels.

"Uh...Thanks but..." Alexander hesitated.

"Doctor Luke Green." specified the man.

"Yes, you can be helpful actually." immediately said Hugo.

The doctor took Hugo's place and helped Alexander go into the room, asking what had happened. Hugo started to say it was his fault, so Alexander cut him to explain he fell from the mountain. Once in the bedroom, Luke helped Alexander lie down, sat on the edge of the bed and slowly removed the shoe. He gently placed Alexander's foot on his lap.

“C-careful” said Alexander, a bit sweating.

“Don’t worry...That’s what I do. What’s your name ?”

"Brand. I mean Alexander. Alex." mumbled Alexander, gritting his teeth.

Hugo took off his clothes and went to wash his hands. He came back and looked at Alexander's ankle. It didn't seem too swollen which was a relief.

“It’s a minor sprain,” the doctor whispered softly as he manipulated Alexander’s ankle.

"Uh...R-really...Ouch...Ouch..."

Hugo looked straight at Alexander.

"What ? It hurt" Alexander mumbled dryly, catching Hugo's gaze.

"I know. I'm sorry." And Hugo looked down.

Alexander sighed, moaning again as the doctor let go of his ankle.

"No I'm sorry. Don't know why I snapped. You shouldn't be worrying about me." he said more gently.

The doctor was writing something on paper but smiled lightly hearing them. Hugo raised his head and met Alexander's gaze.

"I will always...I mean it's hard not to worry about you." confessed truly Hugo.

Alexander felt touched. His heart was beating fast. Luke was melting inside. He was a processional and all that jazz, but these young adults were just the cutest. He had just finished writing his prescription when...

“Eh-tShhih !” sneezed Alexander in his elbow.

It was a tiny sneeze, again, so surprising as Alexander had a straight big nose and you couldn’t imagine he had this kind of sneezes. He looked a bit surprised himself, then his eyes closed half, his nostrils quivered and he sneezed again, twice, muffling it the best he could and feeling a bit warm because everyone watching him. Well Hugo. And this damn doctor.

"Hhhhiih-T'sshuh !...iiiT'shhhuh ! Eh-Excuse me..." he mumbled, blushing as he didn't want to hold attention and especially not while sneezing as his kink was making him very self conscious about his own sneezes.

“Well, bless you.” said the doctor gently, reopening his briefcase "I will take your temp too, besides of the sneezing you do seemed a little flushed."

“Nuh-uh-gnisshuh !” sneezed Alexander, stifling it even if it was hard to do.

Luke took out a thermometer.

"Come on now. Open your mouth please."

Alexander did it. Hugo left the room. Alexander was fighting his need to sneeze so hard but when Hugo left the room he felt he could sneeze even tough there was still the doctor.

"Uh...Doc...Ne-ed to...Ag…G…Again…"

“Just wait a sec” said the doctor looking totally unimpressed.

Alexander fought for what seemed like an eternity. Hugo eventually came back with a teapot, some cups and....And Alexander didn't see the rest as he closed his eyes, sneezing as he couldn't hold them back anymore, projecting the thermometer away.

"HHH-tshiiiiuh ! Ikkshiew ! Huh-Shuh ! Eeeesh-IEW !"

He felt so shameful that he put both hands over his mouth. He wanted to disappear right now.

“So sorry...Excuse me I...I couldn't...” he stammered to the doctor, unable to look at Hugo right now.

“It’s ok” started Luke, in a calm reassuring manner “Don’t worry you I’m r…”

“Bless you” cutted Hugo.

And Alexander felt very surprised as Hugo never offer blessings to anyone. To him it was just probably a social thing he didn't quite get. Alexander eventually looked at him. Hugo was focusing preparing a tea but still looked concerned.

"Good. 102. It's not great but you should be fine. It's a pity that you have a sprain too."

Hugo sighed. Luke looked at Hugo.

"You will take care of this one ? He has a robust constitution but you should made sure he's drinking enough liquids and eat properly. And obviously, he have to rest."

Hugo said in a very serious way.

"Will do. How much do I have to p..."

"Shut up - I should be the one pay..." but Alexander was cut off by a small coughing fit.

Hugo rolled his eyes, approached the bed and gently but surprisingly firmly forced Alexander to lie down again. He looked at the doctor with a questioning look. Luke smiled.

"Don't worry about this. I will come back to check on this one. Take care and you" he turned towards Alexander "Please listen to your...I mean sorry what's your name ?" he asked Hugo.

“Hugo”

"Right. Listen to Hugo. Okay?"

"But..."

"Nuh-uh" muttered Luke picking up his stuff "Eat, drink and sleep that's all young man"

Alexander grimaced.

"M'not a f-fucking b-bab-babiiii-shiiiiuh ! Uh..." he sneezed in his hand to covering Hugo, shivering a bit, his cheeks pinkier than ever.

The doctor looked at them. Hugo looked so worried and serious. Alexander ready to fall into Hugo's arms from fatigue in a second. Oh well, that sounded promising.

“Take care.” he said gently.

He left, after a thank you from Hugo. After the doctor left, there was a brief silence. Hugo still had a hand on Alexander's shoulder. He squeezed it gently.

“How are you feeling ?”

Alexander looked away.

“Sasha ?” asked Hugo, where you could feel the concern and care into his voice.

Alexander sighed softly.

"I'm...Okay. Snfff"

"Oh. Right." realized Hugo.

Hugo got up and brought Alexander a box of tissues.

"Tea is almost ready. Blow your nose you mor...I mean just..."

Alexander took a tissue. He looked at Hugo, frowning slightly.

“Weird to see you playing the nurse.”

"I'm not playing the nurse."

Alexander fiddled with the tissue in his hands. Hugo blowing his nose ? Cute and attractive as hell. But him...

“Then what are you playing ?”

“Not playing anything. Blow your nose” insisted Hugo.

“Then stop watching me”

Hugo's eyes widened.

"But..."

"..."

Alexander wiped the tip of his nose but sniffed still. Then he felt the urge to sneeze and tried to stifle them.

"HhhH-gn-shhh't ! Humpshh-uh ! Uh..."

“You’re so bad at this, you’re hurting yourself you moron.” Hugo murmured, concerned.

“Stop watching me” articulated Alexander in a grumpy voice.

Hugo got up to serve tea. Alexander muffled another sneeze in the tissue.

“Hhh-kshiiiiew ! Uuuuh...”

Hugo was there again, with two cups in his hand. He put one on the bedside table. And then he put his hand on Alexander's forehead.

“What…” Alexander grimaced, flustered.

“You’re so hot” mumbled Hugo.

Alexander blushed again but hoped that with the fever that it didn't show too much.

“I’m ok.”

"Stop saying you're ok. I'm Hugo. I know you're not ok, ok?"

Alexander looked at him.

“I...Snfff

“And blow your freaking nose !” grunted Hugo.

“Then stop watching me!” replied qalexznder.

"Why ? You're always watching me when I sneeze or blow my nose."

Alexander felt his cheeks getting even hotter.

"N-not...What ?"

Hugo finally looked elsewhere.

"Didn't mean to embarrass you. But I know you do. I don't care you know."

“S-stop…” Alexander mumbled.

His heart was beating so hard. Hugo didn’t know about his kink. He couldn't know. Right ?

"Please just...I don't know what made you feel you couldn't blow your nose and if I have to leave the room I will but please blow your nose. It will relieving you. At least... A bit."

Alexander felt so spotted and self conscious he wished very hard to disappear at this point. He blew his nose the quieter way possible for him and it did succeed to make him feeling less stuffed. He sighed and put his hands on his face, massaging his eyelids.

“Ugh…”

“Now do you want some tea ?”

Alexander spread his fingers slightly and looked at Hugo.

“Y-yes.”

He let go of his face and straightened up slightly.

“Thank you.”

"You're welcome" said Hugo, leaning, giving him the cup.

Alexander shivered as he took it in his hands.

“Thanks.”

“How’s your ankle ?”

Alexander had a quick little smile.

“Oh, right. Are you going to ask me every 5 minutes how is my ankle?”

“No.”

Alexander raised a brow in an expression that seemed to say: "hey don't try to fool me". Hugo took a sip of tea.

"No, that would be too boring. I'll interchange with questions about your cold."

Alexander raised his eyebrows. He smiled and then started to laugh. Hugo smiles quite humbly and drinks some tea.

“I forgot how funny you were” smiled Alexander, taking a sip of tea.

"You forg...I mean I'm not very famous to be funny" mumbled Hugo.

“I know you.”

Hugo looked at Alexander. Directly.

"It's true. You know me." he realized, and most important, acknowledging it in front of Alexander.

“And you know me.” added Alexander.

Hugo put his hand on Alexander's forehead again. Now there was no reason to do it. He caressed it gently. Alexander frowned.

“Don’t do that, you’ll get frown lines” Hugo muttered.

“Uh ?”

"There..."

Hugo softly touches the spot between Alexandee's eyebrows where a wrinkle appeared when he frowned. Alexander immediately stopped frowning. And shivered a bit. Hugo tucked him in a little better. Alexander sighed softly. The pressure from his sinused relaxed. And then his face twitched “Aaah-” he turned away and sneezed on the side “t’sSSSSuuuuh !”. Hugo took a tissue and gave it to Alexander who took it. He wiped his nose gently and blew it.

"Sorry. That was...So gross."

And Alexander blushed again. Hugo placed a hand on Alexander's.

"You're not gross. Bless you."

Alexander looked at Hugo’s hand on his. He wanted to cross his fingers in those of Hugo so bad.

“What do you need?”

“Nothing. I’m fine, told you.”

“Can I…No, forget it” Hugo said hesitantly.

“Come on. Spit it out.”

“Can I come into your arms ?” asked Hugo in a little voice.

Alexander nodded, his mouth too dry to say anything. Hugo slipped under the blanket and cuddled up to Alexander.

“I am not hurting your ankle am I ?” asked Hugo, his face pressed against Alexander’s chest.

“No…” said Alexander “…But…I’m sick and…”

“Who cares.” mumbled Hugo.

Alexander tensed slightly.

“Are you ok ?” whispered Hugo “You seems…A bit tense…”

“I…I just…Need…To…” tried to warn Alexander, wanted to sneeze so bad.

Hugo shrugged and gently hugged Alexander.

"Iii-tshht !" sneezed Alexander, focusing to stifling it against his fist.

It had contracted so much that Hugo raised his eyebrows. And then this adorable little “iiuh” sound after it, of reliving perhaps, that made Hugo smile.

“Sorry” said Alexander, full of embarrassment.

“Ok you know sneezing is a natural reflex right?”

Alexander sniffed lightly.

“Also, you have a cold. You're entitled to let go. A bit. C'mon.” gently said Hugo.

“That’s…I’m sorry, you shouldn’t be tha…Ah…Ah…Hu…U’tshhht’t ! Iuuuh…”

Hugo giggled. Alexander blushed very hard again. Hugo raised his head and kissed him on the cheek. Alexander frowned.

“Wha…What was that for ?”

Hugo smiled softly.

“Ugh, stop looking at me like this you nerd…”

And Alexander gently pushed Hugo's head to the side. Hugo and smiled lay down again.

“I’m sorry if I was such a dickhead today” he said in a little voice.

Alexander rolled his eyes but couldn’t speak as he needed to sneeze again. He took a few breaths before sneezing into his muffled hands.

“Huuh-Tshhuh-Iiiiuh…TSH’iiiuhh…”

“So cute.” smiled Hugo “Since when do you…Uhm...Nevermind. Sorry. Bless you.”

Alexander sighed softly and closed his eyes.

“T-thanks. Hold...Hold me please, I'm cold.” asked Alexander in a raspy voice, shivering.

Hugo felt his heart beating faster again and tightened his grip.

”Don't worry...I'm here, I'm going to make you warm in a sec...” he whispered into Alexander's ear.

37 minutes ago, Lily said:

"Doctor Luke Green." specified the man.

Oh my god!! A crossover??? Like is this Jim and Matt's Luke Green? What is he doing in the Alps?  

Alexander listing all the things he knows about Hugo, all those little intimate details just sent my heart into overdrive. So sweet! Also his sneezes are just adorable! I'm glad we're seeing more.

I do wish Hugo would stop fighting and resisting, and accept Alexander's affections and attentions for what they are. 

52 minutes ago, Lily said:

“So cute.” smiled Hugo “Since when do you…Uhm...Nevermind. Sorry. Bless you.”

Ugh, no I want to know what you were going to say!!! (I'm sure Alex does too). 

Confessions, are needed on both sides, maybe they come out as Hugo continues to nurse Alexander back to health.....???

Another wonderful chapter! Thank you. 

Omg Luke!!! It was so fun to see how your stories and characters interact with each other! I loved how the roles were kind of reversed in this chapter, with Hugo being the sweet, adoring caretaker rather than Alex, and it was so adorable to watch Hugo finding Alex so cute with all his little baby sneezes and how embarrassed he gets. It's funny how after all these actions like caretaking, kissing, hugging, etc. both of them are still so oblivious to each others feelings about them, I love to see their love for each other gradually grow and progress, rekindling from where it was before, and I'm really excited to see where you take this next. Thank you for such an amazing update again ❤️

salut salut

Thank you folks for your sweet comments 💜sorry for the wait I have started a new job who's taking me A LOT. But don't worry, the story will continue anyways and I'll try to keep a better rythm :blush:

On 10/9/2023 at 6:17 PM, Not Telling said:

Oh my god!! A crossover??? Like is this Jim and Matt's Luke Green? What is he doing in the Alps?  

Luke is everywhere he's needed I guess ? 😂

Alexander listing all the things he knows about Hugo, all those little intimate details just sent my heart into overdrive.

I legit thought of sooooo many things Alex could have said but couldn't fit them all, yay he's cute 🥰

Ugh, no I want to know what you were going to say!!! (I'm sure Alex does too). 

don't we all haha

thanks ❤️

On 10/9/2023 at 11:27 PM, dwaekki said:

Omg Luke!!! It was so fun to see how your stories and characters interact with each other! I loved how the roles were kind of reversed in this chapter, with Hugo being the sweet, adoring caretaker rather than Alex, and it was so adorable to watch Hugo finding Alex so cute with all his little baby sneezes and how embarrassed he gets. It's funny how after all these actions like caretaking, kissing, hugging, etc. both of them are still so oblivious to each others feelings about them, I love to see their love for each other gradually grow and progress, rekindling from where it was before, and I'm really excited to see where you take this next. Thank you for such an amazing update again ❤️

Sometimes the reversed roles help you understand the other, at least that's my opinion. We often talk about communication, which is important but I guess sometimes communication can also be to put yourself in the other's position, that when you find empathy and help to get you through your emotions. At least that's how I see it.

Thank you very much !

@RipleyToo @2SHY222 @Tumble omg thank you ❤️ hope you will love this next part

LIL WARNING : I completely messed up the dates, like ok, Hugo is supposed to be born in 1998, Alexander in 1997. So the actual "present day" is not actually taking place in 2023 but 2019 ugh sorry for my bad calculations, I guess I wanted them to be older in the first draft I made but anywaaaays the babes are respectively 21 & 22 in 2019, just to be clear. 😭

8 – Some realizations

2013 – Flashback

Hugo was waiting for Alexander at the cinema. It was 8pm, so it was already too late for the movie they planned to watch together. Although they were still in the same school, and even in the same class, they had been gradually losing sight of each other for some time. Since Alexander's accident, they felt uncomfortable around each other and avoided each other a bit.

Due to his charisma, his rebellious side and his kind and relaxed manner tinged with a subtle humor, Alexander was the most popular boy in high school at the age of sixteen. Most of the girls had fallen in love with this boy with such an endearing character, who already seemed of age, with his tall height, his already defined muscles, his way of always seeming at ease no matter where he was. Although Alexander seemed to find some of them attractive, his flirtations never lasted very long. He had a series of short relationships with no real ties. His success, however, did not diminish.

Hugo had withdrawn into himself. He had a few friendly acquaintances in high school, but they were mostly people with whom he exchanged a few words about classes. He much preferred some of his professors or chatting for hours online with people they would never meet. He grew up and was quite beautiful, but the kind of beauty that wasn’t really interesting to girls of his age. Besides, Hugo barely talks to girls and boys of his age. He was categorized as the anti social sad nerd who only seemed to smile when he was seen with Alexander. But it had become rare.

Alexander eventually came running, out of breath, and presented himself in front of Hugo.

”Sorry…Was…B…”

”Okay, great, I don’t care. See you. ” said a very angry Hugo who was walking away.

”H-hey wait!” Alexander called out, grabbing his arm gently.

Hugo broke away from it with a sudden movement.

”Don’t touch me! ”

"I was…"

”Yeah with Kelly, Mia, Sarah…I don’t care. I don’t want details” Hugo belched.

Alexander frowned.

”Hey, calm down. I’m sorry ok ? I didn’t see the time passing.”

”Did one of them still your phone ?” mocked Hugo on a bitter tone.

”C’mon Hugo, don’t be a jerk. We can always watch it another night. ” protested Alexander.

”So I’m the one being the jerk ? We planned this two weeks ago because Mister is too busy fucking all the girls at Lincoln High.” spitted Hugo.

”Jealous much ? And you can talk : you're busy too. You disappear after class and spend your time locked up.” replied Alexander, frowning.

”Whatever. You are not capable of being there when you need to be anyways. ” mumbled Hugo.

”Hugo, it’s just a movie. I’m sorry I wasn’t here on time but it’s not that terrible. ”

”To you. I’m fucking freezing. ”

”Swearing. Ok. You’re actually pissed off” tried to tease Alexander.

But Hugo was angrier than he thought. He glared at him before lunging at him with all his might. As Alexander was not ready, he fell to the ground, taking Hugo with him. Hugo placed his hands on his shoulders to immobilize him.

”What’s wrong with you ? ” Alexander got angry.

”Stop making fun of me !” shouted Hugo in a menacing tone.

”I’m not, you doing that by yourself !” replied Alexander in an angry tone.

”You’re ruining us !” cried Hugo, with tears in his eyes.

Alexander frowned and pushed Hugo away, getting up awkwardly.

”Fuck off ! ”

”They don’t even know you !”

”Well at least they don’t look down on me like you! ”

Hugo sat down on the ground and pulled his knees up to him, shivering. He was angry but sadness also overcame him.

”We said 7 p.m. You didn’t even notice me you were going to be late. ” Hugo murmured.

”I told you I was sorry !” grunted Alexander, trying to remove small stones from his bleeding elbow.

”We said 7 p.m. But you just…Forget. ”

Alexander looked at Hugo. He was pale and visibly very upset. His gaze was blank.

”I hadn’t forgotten. I…"

”7 p.m. 1 hour late.” Mumbled Hugo.

Alexander crouched down in front of Hugo and tried to catch his friend's gaze. But it was as if he were invisible, Hugo's gaze was in space.

“Hugo ?”

“7 p.m.” whispered Hugo.

"I know. But the important thing for me is not so much the film, it’s being with you.” calmy said Alexander.

”Yeah right” scoffed Hugo.

”True. Look at me. Look at my eyes, I’m not lying. ” protested Alexander, trying to stay calm.

Hugo eventually looked at Alexander’s eyes. Black intense gaze. Yes, there was no lies in there. But there was confusion, or maybe it was a mirror to his own confusion.

”Why has everything become so complicated with you ? With us ?"

”I have no idea Malenki. ”

They didn't take their eyes off each other but remained silent.

“I’m going home” finally said Hugo as he got up.

Alexander got up too.

”No, wait, we can…”

”I’m cold, Alex.” sighed Hugo.

Alexander took off his large leather jacket that he got from his father, and placed it on Hugo's shoulders. Hugo frowned a little and looked at Alexander with a questioning look.

“Come sleep at my place” suggested Alexander.

”No I…”

"Come on. Babka is worried about not seeing you anymore, you know”

”Just dinner then. ”

”And a movie. ”

“Alex…”

”Ok fine, just dinner” grunted Alexander, passing an arm around Hugo and starting to walk towards home.

Hugo let him do it. But he felt very disturbed inside. The "Jealous much ? " kept running through his head. He was, actually, totally jealous of all the girls who revolved around Alexander. But not like he could be jealous of anyone who was given attention by Alexander. It was a new, burning sensation that made him want to scream and cry at the same time. And to take Alexander against him, to force him to look at him and...And why did the smell of the leather jacket, the warmth of Alexander's body against his make his heart beat so hard right now ?

Alexander walked holding Hugo close to him, not speaking. He was afraid to speak. He'd wanted it for months, but he still didn't know how to go about it. He sometimes practiced in front of his mirror but systematically found himself ridiculous. How do you tell your childhood best friend that you have a stronger feeling for him than any you've felt before ? How do you tell your best childhood friend that all these girls are escapes, that if he sincerely likes them he can't find more than pleasure in them, where all the hours spent with him are just plain happiness, but also torture, because he had never felt like that before ?

They shared this one interrogation without knowing it ; how do you tell  your favourite person on Earth that you love them ?

2019 – Present day

“You’re not gross” frowned Hugo.

"I should be the one to be...Taking care of..."

"No" cutted Hugo "That's not how it works. We share this. I don't want you protecting me and caring for me alone."

Alexander looked at Hugo. His feverish gaze made it moist. But then he turned a little and started to cough, covering himself the best he could. Hugo ran a hand through Alexander's hair and saw that his features relaxed. So he started to gently caress hair. Alexander squeezed him gently despite himself. Then realizing what he was doing he released his grip.

“Sorry.”

"No just...Hold me. I like it." Hugo said gently.

He said he was liking it. Not just that it was ok to do it. Alexander sighed softly.

"Ugh you're going to ca...Ca...CatiiishUUH !" sneezed Alexander, putting a hand between his nose and Hugo's chest "Ugh...S-sorry...Catch my cold."

Hugo gently rubbed his head against Alexander's.

"I don’t care."

Alexander frowned lightly.

“I don’t care” repeated Hugo.

Alexander and smiled had a little snort doing so.

"Ugh...I don't feel very well." he confessed in a weak voice.

“You want to change position ?”

"Nuh...Huh...Huh..."

Alexander tried to stand up to not sneeze on Hugo but his ankle was throbbing a little and he was clumsy, exhausted with fatigue. And Hugo was sensitive to it so he just gently attracted Alexander against him.

"What...Are youu-tiiishiuh ! Huh !"

It was a wet yet soft sneeze Alexander had to sneeze against Hugo.

“Hug-Hugo !” protested Alexander, his cheeks becoming red.

Hugo just caressed Alexander's curls again.

“Relax I’m not dying.” he said, in a teasing way.

"Ugh...It's gross." protested weakly Alexander.

"Please. I saw you being grossier than that."

“What-when-ehPshUH !” sneezed Alexander in his hand.

He then wiped his nose with his hand.

“Hold on.”

Hugo leaned as far as possible to grab a silk handkerchief from the bedside table. He gave it to Alexander.

"Take this. And blow."

"Stop...Playing the freaking nurse" grunted Alexander.

He took the tissue and frowned.

“It’s yours.”

“You clearly need it more than me. Come on be a good boy” teased Hugo.

Alexander grunted.

“You having way too much fun.”

And he blew his nose. Hugo smiled.

“You’re so loud” smiled Hugo.

"S-shut up. Shaming others for...Fuh..." but Alexander's voice went from its low pitch to more high pitched in a second, as he wanted to sneeze really bad.

"...And he is going to sneeze again." commented Hugo.

“Uh-Aaa-tishii-uuuuuuh” sneezed Alexander, muffling the end of it and then blowing his nose again.

Hugo frowned and smiled quickly at the same time.

"Ok you deserve a blessing I guess. Bless you."

“Since when you became this sassy guy ?” asked Alexander, curling against Hugo to feel warmer.

“Since for once you let me do it.” replied Hugo calmly.

"You say that like I'm usually the one who..."

And Alexander stopped. Why did they talk like an old couple ? Hugo smiled softly.

“Rest.”

“Gonna try.”

“Should I brush your hair again ?”

"Ugh...Whatever."

"No but...Does it feel good ?"

“Yes kinda.”

And Hugo started to gently brushed Alexander's curls. Alexander shivered. Hugo squeezed him lightly.

"I think Lev will take a big trip in his boat." he whispered softly.

“Lev from Ivan’s story ?” frowned Alexander.

“Yes.”

Lev is actually you. I’m the prince Ivan, remembered Alexander.

“And then ?”

"And he will wake up on a beach. He will be afraid. He will be cold. He will be lost because it is dark. But in the morning, he will see the prince. Because without knowing it, Lev had gone around the world and he was back where he started."

Alexander squeezed Hugo lightly.

“And then Hug...I mean Lev is going to say something to Ivan ?” asked Alexander in his weak raspy voice.

Hugo leaned down gently and kissed Alexander on the forehead. Alexander felt insanely good despite his fever.

“I think he will show. Lev is not really good with words” whispered Hugo.

"I think he's better than he think he is" mumbled Alexander, shivering a little and then yawning.

Hugo gave him a little caress on the cheek.

“Sleep well Alexander.”

“Please stay” weakly said Alexander, afraid Hugo might go away.

“Now where else would I go ?”

Alexander, smiled relieved.

"I don't know I...Huh...Huh-tshuh !" Alexander sneezed softly against his fist.

Hugo felt it contracting against him and then releasing. He gently rubbed his back.

“Bless you.”

“Thanks.”

“No shut up and sleep.”

“Ok Malenki.”

Hugo smiled shyly. And he leaned down again to kiss Alexander on the forehead. Alexander already had his eyes closed but he smiled too.

They remained in silence into each other arms for a long time. Alexander was dozing. Then Hugo, felt Alexander shiver against him, tense up, turn away suddenly.

"Uuuh-tsssh't-iiiuh...Ouch..."

He had hurt his ankle in his sudden movement. Hugo stood up, turned on the light because it was very dark in the room - night had fallen -.

“Is your ankle hurting ?” he asked on a concerned tone.

Alexander quickly wiped his nose and turned to Hugo.

"I...I turned a little fast" he admitted.

“Why did you turn moron ?”

"I...Uhm..." and Alexander pinched his nose to sneeze again "Kksh't-iiuh ! Gni'ssh-iiuuh !"

Hugo gave him a little tap on the hand which was pinching his nose and turning, he took one of his silk handkerchiefs and gave it to Alexander.

"Here. Stop suppressing them."

Alexander took the tissue and wipes his nose sheepishly.

“M’sorry…” he mumbled.

Hugo immediately softens.

“No, I’m sorry. Sorry to be always angry. At least…Talking you like I’m always angry.”

Alexander blew his nose gently.

“I know I can be troublesome but I really don’t do that on purpose” he said looking into his eyes.

Hugo looked at him too. He sighed.

"I'm sorry, Alex. It's not your fault. You know I...I perfectly know I'm the one who messed up between us."

Alexander felt his heart racing. He didn't like thinking about that evening at the beach, both the most beautiful and the most disastrous of all the nights spent with Hugo. He lowered his head a bit. Hugo took a sharp inhale, you could literally hear that was hard for him. Not the apologizing part. Maybe more about summoning the past.

“I also know that we cannot erase the fact that…I mean…I know I was the one kissing you first.” admitted Hugo.

Alexander raised his gaze again. He was almost surprised to see Hugo was still looking at him.

“Well I kissed you back” he quickly answered.

“I remember” blushed Hugo “And you have no idea of how much I wanted this kiss. I mean…I didn’t know why at that time, but I knew I wanted to kiss you since a long time.”

Alexander nodded. His mouth was suddenly very dry. He wanted to confide to Hugo that he too, but at the same time, he wanted Hugo to finish what he had started. Hugo seemed to have finished speaking, however. He looked down, then raised them again.

“I’m sorry. Really Alex, I’m sorry.”

“Okay” Alex mumbled.

They leaned back against the pillows, sat up, and crossed their arms. He felt like he had a ton of lead on his head. And his ankle was bothering him. What a stupid fall.

“I…I was so scared to lose you.” whispered Hugo.

“M-m ok, it was more impressive than painful in fact” Alexander murmured, thinking about his ankle.

“Im not talking about the fall, you moron” said Hugo in a trembling voice.

“When could you have lost me ?” genuinely wondered Alexander, frowning lightly, looking at Hugo’s hands. They were greater than he remember. Pale and delicate.

"When I left. After that night at the beach, when I left without saying anything."

"You couldn't have lost me. You could never lose me." sighed Alexander, as he knew it was true.

And he gently patted Hugo’s hand. Hugo let him do it. And Alexander saw a drop fall on Hugo's hand. Then a second. Then a third. At the fourth, he looked up. Hugo was also looking at their hands, and his big blue eyes were filled with tears which ran down his face in silence.

“Don’t…” whispered Alexander, crossing his fingers in Hugo’s.

With his free hand, Hugo wiped his eyes nervously.

“Sorry. It’s just water overflowing.”

“Nonsense” whispered Alexander “What’s wrong?”

“Can I come into your arms ?” asked Hugo, looking straight at Alexander.

“Now where else would you go ?” replied Alexander, feeling the emotion raising, shaking his voice too.

And Hugo curled up in Alexander’s arms. He cried but silently, Alexander could feel the sobs furiously inflate and deflate his chest. He gently rubbed Hugo’s back.

“I’m sorry I’m such a coward” said Hugo, his sentence cut by a big sob.

“You ? A coward ? Huh-huh, that’s not…That’s not you Malenki.”

“P-p-please” cried Hugo.

“Shhh, try to calm down…” and Alexander gently tightened his embrace.

And Hugo did try to calm down, slowing his breathing as much as possible, helped by this contact with Alexander who was one of the only ones who knew how to talk to him when he had a panic or anger attack. His chest was still convulsing but he was calming a bit.

“Alex…?”

“Mmm ?” as Alexander was gently rubbing Hugo’s back with a hand, his hair with the other.

“Can you pass me a tissue please ?”

Alexander just leaned a bit and took a tissue he gave to Hugo.

“Th-ah-AH-TishIUH !” sneezed Hugo on the tissue, still half on Alexander.

Alexander felt his heart racing a bit.

“Bless you” he gently said.

Hugo wiped his nose and his cheeks and looked at Alexander. His eyes were so brilliant right now. They had never looked so blue.

“I’m sorry. You’re sick and hurt and…And you still are the one taking care of me and…And I surely do look horrible.” said Hugo quickly, feeling shame raising.

Alexander raised his eyebrows from surprise and cracked a little laugh. He took another tissue and gently wiped Hugo's face, red with tears and emotion.

“Are you for real ?”

“What ?”

“You look emotional, that’s all. And a don’t need you to be a nurse.” grunted gently Alexander.

Hugo frowned.

“Why do you need me for then ?”

Alexander frowned too, a bit pained.

"I need you back in my life, you fucking nerd. I need you to be the clever one. I need you to stop being angry at me or at least…I don't know, start talking to me ? I need you to remember that this" he took Hugo's hand, intertwining their fingers again "This is for real. This is not going away. So yes, I was very pissed off when you let me on that beach alone, I was angry at you for leaving me. But I know that I am not essential to you. You are essential to me. Do you understand ?"

He had raised his voice and that made him cough so he had to turn his head slightly to stifle this cough in his fist. Hugo raised and go find a pill for Alexander’s pain and also a glass of water. He sits down on the side again.

“Take this” he mumbled.

Alexander took the pill and drank his water with a little grimace on his face. He calmed down his breathing and rested against the pillows again. He looked frustrated. Hugo shyly put his hand on Alexander’s chest.

“Ugh…What are you doing ?” grunted Alexander.

“Massaging.” and Hugo started to massage Alexander at the chest level.

"…Okay." simply said Alexander, relaxing a bit.

Hugo sighed gently.

"I wanted to go, Alex. I wanted to discover the world."

“You wanted to go to the university” grunted Alexander.

“Are you…reproaching me for this ?” asked Hugo on a soft tone.

“No ugh…Of course not.” sighed Alexander, crossing his arms "But why did you wait the last moment to…Why did you wait for the beach ?"

“I tried before” claimed Hugo “But my voice didn’t reach you.”

“Well you were always studying. I was always bothering you.”

“When I came to see you, you were always at a party with lots of people.” argued Hugo.

“You have always been my priority.” protested Alexander.

“Well it didn’t feel like it. I felt I was not cool enough, not normal enough not…”

“Stop it. Please just…Stop it. I choose you when I was 7.” cutted Alexander.

“Yeah, kids don’t care about cool and normal. Teenagers…”

"But stop ! Stop this ! Stop talking to me like I'm the antihero of a teenager show ! I'm Alexander. Alex. Yours. I mean…Your Sasha. I know you since forever, and I've always been loyal towards you. How could you dare like I'm a heartless bastard ? You nerd. Get out of my bed." As Alexander was getting distressed by Hugo’s words.

"But…"

“Get out. You’re pissing me off right now, I don’t want to talk to you.”

“Ok-k but Sasha…” said Hugo, leaving the bed.

“Nope” said Alexander, crossing his arms.

"hhhHHHii’tshiuh ! TshUIUH ! Tshuuu’m ! S-sorry."

Alexander gave him a handkerchief, frowning. He realized Hugo was shivering. Probably because he was outside of bed. He was a bit shaky himself, not knowing if it was his emotions, the fact that Hugo left the bed or just his cold. Hugo blew gently his nose, like he didn’t dare to give a good blow. Alexander rolled his eyes. It was so hard for him to not bless Hugo right now.

“So-sorry I..I…Huh-T’shuuUUUh !” sneezed a shaking Hugo into his hands.

Alexander grunted something with clenched teeth, which made his sentence inaudible.

“I’m sorry what did you say ?” asked Hugo, confused.

“Ugh, come on, come here. And bless you. Come here, you’re getting cold.”

Hugo come to bed but froze.

“Hugo” grunted Alexander “I’m getting cold”

He had lifted the blanket for Hugo to come but as he hesitated, he was actually getting a bit cold. Hugo hurried and climbed into bed, and tucked them in.

"Excuse me for what I said."

“It’s ok.” grunted Alexander, who was calming himself slowly.

“Alex, I…I told you Lev was not good with words but…”

Alexander felt his heart beating a bit faster. He sighed.

"…But the truth is, I'm terrified. I grew up with you. You were my whole world. I…Even if I loved our lives together I was scared of not knowing how to be capable of just…Having my own life, you see ?"

“So that’s why you left me ?”

“I thought…I…”

“Yes ? ” encouraged Alexander, confused and curious.

“I thought that for once, you will be the one who would follow me.” confessed Hugo, feeling like a weight came off his heart.

Alexander turned to Hugo.

"H-hey…What are you even saying ? I was the one following you."

“Perhaps. It didn’t feel like it, Alex.”

“But-I mean besides, when you left, it’s was not like following you on the street is it ? Like it’s was a big deal. I couldn't just following...I mean you knew I didn't want to leave my city. My life was here.”

“I know.” admitted Hugo.

“Hugo, I didn’t feel like…Like…Huh…Oh no…Nuh…Not now…” said Alexander, his voice being distorded.

Hugo understood Alexander was going to sneeze and grab the handerchief quickly to give him. Alexander tried to thanks him but…

”Th-ATshIEW ! ” he sneezed more loudly this time, directly in the handkerchief.

That sneeze sounded more like the ones Alexander have when he was a kid, even if, thinking about it now, Hugo realized how rarely Alexander sneezed when they were kids.

”Bless you. ”

Alexander wiped his nose and awkwardly rubbed his chest, as the sneeze kinda hurt him. Hugo put his hand on his chest, brushing away Alexander’s fingers gently. He started massaging it with softening. And even tenderness.

”Did you hurt yourself ?” asked Hugo, getting worried.

”N-no I…M-maybe just a b-bit…” Alexander stammered, feeling his heart beating like crazy all of a sudden.

”We don’t want this. ” mumbled Hugo, pursuing his massage.

”Where are we ? ” mumbled Alexander, confused.

”In the Alps – oh you mean…” and Hugo blushed, feeling like an idiot.

Alexander smiled. The massage relaxed him. But he needeed to sneeze again.

”Huh…Hugo ? I need to…Huh…” Hugo didn’t look at him and still rubbed Alexander’s chest gently. Alexander covered his mouth and nose with the hanky and sneezed in it.

”It’Shiuh ! Huh-TSHiUH !”

Even if they were kitten sneezes, they were a bit louder, almost as if the emotions impacted his way of sneezing, letting go of more than he wanted to. Hugo felt Alexander's chest inflate and deflate with force. He looked at him, frowning slightly.

”Sorry” said Alexander.

”Bless you Sasha. Jeez your heart is beating fast.” mumbled Hugo without thinking.

Alexander blushed hard. He lay down again. And shivered. He closed his eyes.

”We talk to much. ” he realized, rumbling his temples.

Hugo sighed and lay down next to him. Shyly, he kissed Alexander’s temple as soon as Alexander was done rubbing it. There was a little silence.

“Hugo ?”

”Mmm ?”

”That kiss felt nice.” simply said Alexander.

Hugo kissed again Alexander’s temple.

”And this one ?”

Alexander’s chuckled and turned a little to take Hugo in his arms. Hugo let himself do so, fascinated, exhausted too.

”Now shut up and stay here. Let’s get some sleep. ”

”Ok” said Hugo in a weak voice, tightening his hold of Alexander.

Alexander fussed a lot before he managed to fall asleep against Hugo who watched over him for most of the night, sometimes waking up with a start when he dozed off, checking Alex's temperature, tucking him in, cuddling him and wondering why he couldn't say it out loud.

I never stopped loving you, Alexander Brand.

He promised himself that tomorrow, he will told him. He wanted to kiss him too. Oh, it was going to be a very special day. But then again, with Alexander, it was always a very special day.

Gah! Your work is beautiful as always! You’re the one who actually inspired me to get back into writing on this forum!

Have a great day and best of luck in all your writing endeavors!

See boys?  That's all you have to do.  Talking is so much better than being angry all the time!!  Alexander is my boy, I kind of have a soft spot for him!!

Yes! Finally, now we're getting somewhere! This chapter was beautiful! ❤️ You write the internal conflict and turmoil of each of their positions being in love with your best friend and the strain having to hide those feelings can put on a friendship so well, especially when they were younger, feeling what they did for each other but being afraid of the damage it could cause to their friendship if they confessed their true feelings and carrying the burden of having to deny their true feelings in favor of having a friendship and you can feel the pain and hurt it caused each of them both individually and together.

On 10/16/2023 at 5:49 AM, Lily said:

”Bless you Sasha. Jeez your heart is beating fast.” mumbled Hugo without thinking.

Alexander blushed hard. He lay down again. And shivered. He closed his eyes.

”We talk to much. ” he realized, rumbling his temples.

Hugo sighed and lay down next to him. Shyly, he kissed Alexander’s temple as soon as Alexander was done rubbing it. There was a little silence.

“Hugo ?”

”Mmm ?”

”That kiss felt nice.” simply said Alexander.

Hugo kissed again Alexander’s temple.

”And this one ?”

Alexander’s chuckled and turned a little to take Hugo in his arms. Hugo let himself do so, fascinated, exhausted too.

I can't get over this part! It's so sweet and precious and romantic! I love when Hugo gives in, stops resisting, and softens for Alex. 

I am definitely eager for the next chapter, and Hugo's confession and Alex's response.

First, I absolutely loved the Luke crossover and how he asked Hugo to look after Alex and Alex to listen to Hugo…it reminded me of him asking jim to take care of Porceline. He knows hw to gently remind or nudge people in the direction of love.  Will he be checking in as promised and help again.  Seems like the boys could still use a little guidance on moving into the present and discussing their current feelings:) 

salut salut

Thank you all for your lovely comments ☀️

On 10/16/2023 at 3:34 PM, polyamorousfool said:

Gah! Your work is beautiful as always! You’re the one who actually inspired me to get back into writing on this forum!

Have a great day and best of luck in all your writing endeavors!

That's such a wonderful compliment thank you so much ! 😭 Can't wait to see your writings !

@dwaekki they are taking their time so much 🤭 but at the same time yeah, their connection is very strong

On 10/17/2023 at 3:10 AM, funbusej said:

See boys?  That's all you have to do.  Talking is so much better than being angry all the time!!  Alexander is my boy, I kind of have a soft spot for him!!

Right ! These boys are slow to understand 😭 Alex says thanks 🤭

On 10/17/2023 at 9:55 PM, Not Telling said:

I can't get over this part! It's so sweet and precious and romantic! I love when Hugo gives in, stops resisting, and softens for Alex. 

thank you 💜 I try !

On 10/19/2023 at 8:51 PM, 2SHY222 said:

They are so darn cute 🫠. I can't wait to see what happens next. 🥰

Today's the day !

On 10/19/2023 at 11:49 PM, Privatedancer said:

First, I absolutely loved the Luke crossover and how he asked Hugo to look after Alex and Alex to listen to Hugo…it reminded me of him asking jim to take care of Porceline. He knows hw to gently remind or nudge people in the direction of love.  Will he be checking in as promised and help again.  Seems like the boys could still use a little guidance on moving into the present and discussing their current feelings:) 

Yeah you're totally right, it's one of his talents. The boys are so clueless 😭 to defend them, they're quite young !

I hope this next chapter we'll please you all 🧡

9 - Some words and some actions 

2014 – September

That start of the school year, everyone had noticed a change in Hugo. He had gained a little weight, a little muscle, and his skin had tanned in the sun. Above all, the sun seemed to have melted away his general sad and cold appearance.

Alexander was sad not to have gone with Hugo, usually he always went on vacation with his family, Babka's modest retirement did not allow him to take a vacation every summer and Hugo’s family glad to enjoy Alexander’s sunny character. But this year Hugo went alone to his aunt in California. In other words, the other side of the world for Alexander !

All summer he had been thinking and he told himself that he was going to tell Hugo how he felt. And he decided it didn’t mattered if it was disjointed or brutal. Hugo was quite tidy and careful to put things in the right order. Alexander counted on it. He had faith in them.

At the start of the school year, when Hugo appeared to him more handsome and happier than ever, Alexander had seen it as a favorable sign. They had talked as before and Alexander felt his heart on fire when, after class, Hugo suggested that Alexander come over to the house. On the road, Alexander was about to begin to declare his love when a young man with dark skin, shaved brown hair, dressed in shorts and a bright tank top ran towards them and gently took Hugo in his arms. Under Alexander's astonished eyes, the stranger kissed Hugo, Hugo who passed his arms around his neck.

Alexander felt like he was being hit several times at once, most of which seemed aimed at his heart.

“Alex, Logan.” Eventually said Hugo, parted from Logan’s lips.

He stayed in Logan’s arms though, smiling.

“Logan, Alex.”

Alexander nodded, his mouth to dry to talk.

“Alex, while telling you about my summer, I forgot to mention Logan.” realized Hugo.

“How dare you” chuckled Logan, passing his arm against Hugo’s shoulders.

“Sorry !” chuckled Hugo, then turning to Alexander "The truth is I wanted you to meet him. It’s weird for me just…Presenting you someone you never see. So uhm Logan is my boyfriend since this summer. His school year starts a little later so he's going to spend two weeks in New York with me."

Alexander nodded. He tried to smile.

“Logan, it’s Alex. You know, I told you about him.”

Alexander did not remember what he had said or done at this point. He put on his mask of joy, he answered Logan's questions, adding a word or two after Hugo's sentences. He pretended. There was so much to swallow at that point that he thought he was going to explode. The violent efforts he made not to actually explode seemed to have their effect but he was feeling so terrible he had to pretend at some point he was sick, which was not that far from truth.

So an hour later, Alex returned home, collapsing into his bed. For the first time in a long time, he cried like a child.

2014 – April

Logan and Hugo's long-distance relationship was working very well, and Alexander had resigned himself to being just a friend to Hugo. Or almost. It was sometimes too hard to hear him talk about Logan, or to talk at all. He was insanely jealous but tried his best to not show anything as he found this feeling rather ugly. And he went to parties more and more, trying to think of nothing but the vague pleasure aroused by the energy of the group. His grades were pretty mediocre to this point. He was always sad or angry.

Babka asked him to come see her one evening, when he was wondering which party to go to to avoid Hugo asking him to come over to the house. He didn't want to see him. Dragging his feet to the living room, he faced his grandmother who turned off the television.

"Alexander. I need to talk to you."

“Can’t it wait ? I’m going out.”

“It’s important. It’s about high school.” insisted Babka.

“What else do they want to pin on me ?" grunted Alexander. "Nothing. Your grades are crap but your teachers seems to agree that you will pass next year."

“Fuck it. Who cares anyways ?” said dryly Alexander, shrugging.

“Speak properly young man.” calmly answered Babka.

Alexander felt shame wash over him. He had respect and love for his Babka, and he did not want to hurt her.

“Sorry.” he mumbled sheepishly.

"What's going on right now Sasha ? I can see you're different. I don't understand. Is this a girl story ? A high school story ? When you come back from there, you still look like you’re ready to be buried."

Alexander shook his head.

"I was 17 too, you know. But I grant you, it was totally different." admitted Babka with a little chuckle.

Alexander sniffed a little.

“It’s Hugo ?”

Alexander swallowed and looked up, meeting his grandmother's dark eyes.

“Don’t tell me you’re not friends anymore, I wouldn’t believe you.”

“We’re still friends.” said Alexander in a little voice.

"If you have trouble, you know you can't count on him. He is a boy, he is your age, and he know you so well."

Yeah, thought Alexander, but what if Hugo is my trouble ?

“I’m convinced of it. I always knew it” insisted Babka. Then she had a little smile and added, “Haven’t you ever wondered how since you were little you always found yourself in the same class ?”

Alexander frowned. Babka pointed her thumbs at her chest.

"Thanks to me. Well, to be fair, we were two on this. See, one day you were on your room playing, then Hugo's mother came. She was tired and sad, Hugo was not doing very well at home. And school. She told me that you were the only thing that motivated him to go to school, which surprised me a lot, because between us, you were never very academic."

Alexander was surprised to hear this. Now that he thought about it, he never suspected that there was anyone behind the fact that he and Hugo had always found themselves in the same class.

"And then I told her that you were getting calmer around Hugo. She told me that you both had to be in the same class, and I went to see your school principal elementary to discuss it.”

"But…"

“Hugo’s mother took care of the middle school. For high school, it was both of us. In any case, we saw that it helped both Hugo and you so…”

Alexander felt a wave of gratitude mixed with immense sadness. He felt his eyes moisten despite himself.

“What’s wrong boy?”

“Nothing I-I-thank you.” he mumbled.

“Now, what’s wrong?”

“Ok. So…It’s just…Babka I…I have something to tell you.”

"Shoot. Is that what they said here ? I hate guns but the idea is making me smile. How do you explain that boy huh ?"

Alexander frowned.

"Babka please !"

"Ok, Sasha. Tell me."

"Please don't be angry." mumbled Alexander, suddenly very unsure of himself.

"What did you break ?"

"N-nothing !"

"Sure ? Ok. Then what it is ?"

"It's a bit important."

“You know, I don’t know who made you believe that old people have time to waste. Tell me.”

"Ok. Ok like...It's important but not that much. It's about me."

“Yes ?” encouraged his grandmother.

"I like...I mean I’m attracted to boys."

“And ?”

Alexander frowned. Babka continued to look at him, as if waiting for what happened next.

“What do you mean ?” he asked, a bit confused.

“That’s all you wanted to say ?”

“But...B-b-but didn’t you think I only liked girls ?” stammered the teenager, confused.

“Oh so you do like girls too ?” asked Babka.

"I'm...I don't know I...That doesn't surprise you ?" frowned Alexander, his heart beating so fast.

"Boy, I've watched you grow since you were three weeks old. And I've raised you since you were three. Yet you never failed to surprise me." said Babka calmly, gently.

"But...But are you not...A bit...A bit..."

"One day you will have to learn to finish your sentences young man. I love you, but truly, you should learn that." said Babka as she saw Alexander didn't seem like he could finish his sentence.

“I love you Babka.” genuinely realized Alexander, moved.

"You're shaking boy. Where you afraid to tell me ?" gently asked his grandmother.

"Yes. I guess. I don't know, everyone says it's hard with..."

"Watch your tongue. I may be old but that's no reason." cutted Babka, teasing him.

"So like...You're not disappointed in me ?" his voice sounded like he was 7 years old again.

"As long as you're happy and your man is a nice fellow, why should I be disappointed ?"

Alexander felt a wave of emotions striking him. His eyes where watering.

"Boy, I raised you as best as I could. And I'm proud of the result. But you raised me to in way. And know you definetely have to raising me. I don't know anything about men loving men."

"Well me neither" confessed nervously Alexander.

She made a funny face, Alexander cracked with a laugh and she laughed with him.

"Oh boy. Well you know what ? I know one thing : the important is to stay true to who you are. And if you fall in love, cause it’s just it, it’s just you, falling in love, isn’t it ? Well try to find you someone respectful. Kind. More serious than you. Someone who have a brain but also a heart with place for you. And please, choose a good looking one. I don’t want my grandchild dating a ugly guy."

Alexander chuckled but then sighed.

"Ugh. Where could I find someone like this ?"

He sit down next to his grandmother who took him in her arms. She gently stroked his hair.

Didn't he knew yet ? The answer to this seemed obvious. But maybe it wasn't her place to do it.

"Oh I don't think you need to look very far. You'll see." she said with a smile.

Alexander sighed softly and decided to stay here.

2019 – Present day

It had been a long night. Alexander had not stopped fidgeting, trembling and feverish. He didn't cough but almost sneezed every time he woke up. His sneezes were very wet and tired, he couldn't really control the sound they made anymore so it could vary between kitten sneezes or louder sneezes that he painfully muffled against the pillow.

Hugo had watched over him all night. He hadn't slept a wink, waking up with a start every time he dared to rest. He brought him tissues, tucked him in, cuddled him, served him glasses of water and checked what medications Alexander could take. He had massaged his chest and checked that his ankle was well positioned. He had helped Alexander go to the bathroom and when Alexander had finally fallen asleep around three or four in the morning, Hugo had stroked his hair gently and watched him sleep.

At six o'clock, Hugo had made the decision that he would not go to the morning conference but only the afternoon one. He got out of bed as carefully as possible and went to take a quick shower and get dressed. He returned to the bed. Alexander was still asleep, his mouth slightly open, snoring softly. Hugo placed his hand on Alexander's forehead. His night fever had broken.

“Good job Sasha.” he whispered, kissing him in the hair.

He stayed in this position for a little time, gently smelling Alexander’s hair, then blushing imagining what Alexander would think if he saw him doing it. He took a sheet of paper and wrote down a note to Alexander.

Alex,

Going to take the breakfast, coming back soon.

Hugo."

He walked quickly down the stairs to the chalet's dining room. He was sure that there would be no one there, it was only 6:30 after all, but actually, a waitress was busy setting the tables and a man was already here. A gorgeous black man covered in sparkling jewelry. Doctor Green. He was on the phone. Hugo helped himself to the table by placing a bit of everything available to the customers on a tray. He couldn't help it, he listened with one ear to the doctor's sweet voice echoing in the room.

"Sunshine I told you it was a terrible idea. This cat is going to make you live a living hell and..."

The doctor paused for thirty seconds.

"Bless you...15 times ? Again ? No but Matt be real and take your..."

He paused again and eventually smiled.

"J-jeez Matt" he said, suppressing a laugh and then gently "Bless you...kitten. Yes. Yes you did sound like a kitten. Oh well... Ok. Take care. Good night."

He hung up and his eyes fixed on Hugo who immediately turned away.

"Hey ! Hugo right ? How's your...Friend ?"

Hugo left the tray and grabbed a cup of coffee to create some composure before approaching the doctor.

"Sorry. Didn't mean to overheard."

Luke smiled.

"Don't worry. My friend is the kind of person you're noticing even when they're not here."

Hugo nodded.

"Yes...Same goes for Alex." he realized.

“Hey if he’s anything like my friend, keep him in your life” gently said Luke.

Hugo blushed lightly. He then focused hard on what Luke said.

"Hmm...He looked a bit...Better this morning. He was sleeping but his temperature was lower."

“Good sign.”

"He always has great health." Hugo confirmed.

"I see. And the ankle ? He didn't wake up in pain?"

“No.”

“How can you be sure of it ?”

And Hugo blushed again.

“I-I d-d-don’t I…”

“You’re sharing the room right ?” Luke encouraged.

“He didn’t wake up much. I didn’t sleep a lot anyways so I just checked on him” said Hugo.

He didn't know why but Luke was the kind of person you felt almost obliged to speak up and tell the truth.

“Hey, that’s sweet as hell but you could get some sleep too you know ?”

“I know that” frowned Hugo.

"Just saying. You seems...A bit tired" gently said Luke.

"It's... Alexander is always the one taking care of me. And it's my fault if he fell. And besides I just didn't want to sleep anyways" said quickly, nervously even, Hugo.

Luke gently smiled.

“It wasn’t your fault. You didn’t push him right ?”

“No but I screamed and he..”

Hugo's voice cracked a bit. His eyes moistened despite himself. Jeez he was feeling very sensitive this morning. Maybe because he didn't sleep at all ? He wiped nervously the corner of his eyes, shaking slightly. Luke stood up.

"Hey there. It's ok. You're just recovering from your emotions. Let them go a bit."

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to...I..." stammered Hugo.

“It’s ok” Luke repeated.

“Could you uhm…Check on him today ?” asked Hugo, worried.

"Of course. Here, it’s my number. When he’s awake, just call me. I’ll be around all day anyway." said Luke, giving him his card.

Hugo took the card and felt reassured.

"Thank you. "

He frowned lightly.

“How come a Californian doctor ends up in a remote village in the Alps ?”

Luke was surprised at the curiosity of this pale and shy young man. He smiles.

“How come two young New Yorkers find themselves in a remote village in the Alps ?”

Hugo cracked a smile.

“Sorry. I don’t…”

“I’m here for a doctors’ conference.”

“I’m there for a conference for the preservation of the environment.”

“Oh I know.”

Hugo raised his eyebrows.

"I have friends working at Berkeley." precised Luke with a smile "I remember one of them who couldn't shut up about how talented “Waterhouse, the New Yorker kid” was. Yesterday I saw a poster of the conference and I saw your name. I found the coincidence amusing ."

Hugo smiled shyly, blushing lightly. He wanted to talk but at the same time he was also thinking a lot about Alexander. At this point, he felt that Alexander possessed his mind. He took a sip of coffee. Then he frowned.

“Uh-sorry I have to go. I need to bring Alex something to eat.”

“Thought he was still sleeping” argued Luke, amused by the young man.

“I want to be here when he wakes up” shrugged Hugo.

He went back to take the tray. He turned to Luke.

“Se you then ?”

"Sure. Call me." said Luke, mimicking a phone with his hand.

Hugo bit his lips, nodded, took the tray and went back to the room. As he opened the door he saw Alexander turning and turning, his nostrils quivering and then he sneezed loudly.

"Huh-TSHIUH ! Hiiii-TSHIAH !"

Alexander blinked, almost surprised by the sound of his sneezes. He sniffed a little, passed a hand on his face and then saw Hugo approaching him with the tray. Hugo who felt his heart racing for no reason, just Alexander being loud and adorable at the same time, and what was he even thinking about ?

"What...What are you doing here?  What time is it ?" he frowned. his voice was raspy.

“Hello to you too. Well we have been sharing this room since a few days now. Don’t you remember ?” teased Hugo.

"Sorry. Hey. Ugh. No but I mean why are you not working ?"

“I’m going to eat first. Can I ?” teased Hugo.

“Yeah but…”

“What do you want ? I literally put everything they’ll have down there.”

Alexander looked at the tray, then Hugo, frowning. Hugo eventually looked at him too, since Alexander didn’t answer.

“What ?”

Alexander took Hugo’s chin in one hand gently and raised it a little to meet his gaze.

“You didn’t sleep at all.” he said after observing him a little while.

Hugo felt so confused at this contact, and he lost himself into Alexander’s black eyes.

“You needed someone to take care of you” he mumbled in a little voice.

“You didn’t sleep. I remember you were up every time I was. And I don’t remember how many times I woke up, but I know it was a lot” continued Alexander.

Hugo shrugged. He was both confused and glad. Alexander’s hand on his face felt warm. Felt safe.

“Thank you. You didn’t have to.” eventually said Alexander, then gently caressing Hugo’s cheek.

Hugo blushed and his heart made a little jump. He bit his lip softly.

“Well yes I had to. I mean, it’s what people do when they care about the other. And I…I care for you.”

He put his hand on Alexander’s forehead gently.

“Going to check your temp” he murmured, even though he already did it he needed a pretext to touch Alexander again.

Alexander let himself go, looking at Hugo. Something had changed, he felt it.

“So ?”

“You’re better.”

“Thanks to you.” immediately replied Alexander.

“Well, not real…” but Hugo was cut by Alexander’s hitching.

Alexander put his cupped hands to his face and sneezed multiple times.

"Hhhu-tshiiew ! Hutishuh ! Hhhh’Tshuuuh ! Hi-hi-hiTSHEW ! Huh-tshiuuuuuh ! Itshhhew !"

"Bless you. Are you ok ?"

"So-sorry. Yeah." mumbled Alexander into his hands.

“Alex, are you apologizing for sneezing ?”

Alexander blushed and shrugged.

“You don’t have to.” said gently Hugo.

“M-mmm” nodded Alexander, avoiding Hugo’s gaze.

Hugo didn’t insist.

"How’s your ankle ?"

"It’s ok. Hugo…"

Hugo still looked at Alexander.

"Yes ?" his eyes were hopeful.

"You should go. I don’t want you to be late because of me. "

"I can stay. I want to stay. I’m staying." said quickly Hugo.

"Please, you don’t want to be my gua-ah-AHtshuuuh !" he sneezed into his hand.

"Bless you" smiled Hugo.

"Th-thanks snff ! Why the smile ? "

"I’m sorry you’re sick but you’re like…I don’t know how to say it. You look uhm…Kinda…"

Alexander frowned, wiping his nose.

"Kinda helpless actually, and it's kinda funny. I mean cute. Well, cute and funny."

"Hey ! " protested Alexander.

They both laughing at the same time. Then they looked at each other, smiling.

"For real, Hugo. Go work." gently said Alexander.

Hugo fiddled with the doctor's card.

“Ok, but you’ll have to call doctor Green. And me, if you need anything.”

“Hey, I just realize I don’t have your nu-uh-upshiiiiew ! Snff, your number.”

“Bless you.”

Hugo took a pen and write his number on the back of the card. He gave the card to Alexander. Their fingers brushed.

“I’m good now. You can go, don’t worry” said Alexander with a smile he wanted reassuring.

"Ok. "

And Hugo was about to get up but Alexander, attentive, noticed a shadow in his clear eyes and placing his hand on Hugo's forearm, he forced him to sit down again.

“What’s wrong ? Something is wrong. Tell me.”

“I…It’s just it’s going to be a long day. A lot of people. And tonight I’m supposed to go to a work dinner actually.” said Hugo, his heart aching at the idea of spending so much time with people having to socialize and further away from Alexander.

"Uh. Fancy. And ?"

“I want you to come with me.” confessed Hugo, gathering all his courage.

Alexander sat up slightly. He frowned.

“Uhm Hugo…”

"I know. It's silly. Forget it."

“It’s just…”

“No but I get it seriously.” cutted Hugo

"Hey ! Hugo ?"

Hugo eventually looked at Alexander.

"Can you...Uh...Pass me...A tissue P-p-please ?" asked Alexander, a hand covering his mouth and nose, his breathing a bit deeper than usual.

Hugo nodded and took the box of tissues to Alexander. He quickly took one from the box and gazed lightly into the tissue then sneezed into it like a kitten.

“Iiii-Iiishiiiuh !”

Hugo smiled lightly.

"Uh. You're not done with the...Tiny sneezes are you ?"

Alexander blushed and sneezed again in the tissue.

"Hhh-huh-isssshiew ! Uuuuuh...."

“Bless you.” said Hugo gently, and a bit concerned.

Alexander pink's cheeks got a bit pinkier.

“T-t-thanks.” he said in a muffled whisper, gently wiping his nose.

Hugo looked away and sighed slowly.

"You're welcome."

Alexander felt he was melting internally. He didn't know why exactly.

"You know I...I have a sprained ankle and a pretty bad cold."

“Yes.” said Hugo, looking at Alexander again and wondering why he was stating facts.

“And I don’t have anything very fancy too were.” added Alexander.

“Are you just saying random things now ?” Hugo frowned, confused.

"Hugo...Please ? You're supposed to be the clever one" winced Alexander.

Hugo looked confused for two seconds as for him it was clear that Alexander was not going with him tonight but then he additionated what Alexander just said and his gaze genuinely cleared.

"What...You actually want to come with me ?" he asked, surprised.

"Well yeah, if you promise me to translate at least some of the rambling in french." grunted Alexander.

Hugo smiled. Alexander saw the freaking dimple on his cheek. He smiled too.

"Promise ! Oh thank you thank you, the fact that I will be not alone on this and with you is so...But like are you sure you're going to be ok ? I feel I'm selfish but I really want you to come."

"Of course" mumbled Alexander, touched by Hugo's words.

“Jeez if you were not that sick I could actually kiss you right now” claimed Hugo in the spontaneity of his joy.

Alexander blushed almost immediately and Hugo eventually did too.

"Like when I said kiss..." mumbled Hugo.

'Yes you wanted to say hug right ?'

“Right.”

“Right.”

They both look away.

Why did that feel like a lie ? Because you want to kiss this moron, you stupid Hugo.

Why did I say hug ? If he knew how much I wanted to kiss him right now he would made me go away, you stupid dumbass.

“You’re blushing, nerd.” whispered Alexander.

“You too, moron” answered Hugo in the same tone.

They looked at each other at the same time, they looked at each other’s mouth and their eyes met again. Hugo leaned a bit and awkwardly kissed Alexander on the cheek. Alexander felt he was burning up in a second. He turned slightly his head and their mouths met. They kissed very quickly, it was barely touched, feverish and tired lips.

“You should go. You’re getting late.” whispered Alexander against Hugo’s lips.

“Do you think I care about this right now ?” whispered Hugo, looking at Alexander’s mouth.

“Hugo. I know you do. It’s you. Of course you care. It’s ok. Just…Go. We uhm…Are you coming to pick me up for dinner ?”

“Uh-uh” mumbled Hugo, and he kissed Alexander again.

It was a longer kiss. He put his hand on Alexander’s neck. Alexander shivered. Hugo’s kiss felt like bliss in his mouth, in his whole body. Hugo left gently.

“Take care. And call the freakin’ doctor.” Hugo mumbled.

“Sure,” Alexander smiled.

“For real ?” seriously asked Hugo.

“For real” confirmed seriously Alexander too.

“Fuck…” realized Hugo about what they have done.

Alexander giggled.

“Hugo Waterhouse, stop swearing !”

"Shut up"

Hugo stole a kiss from him, got up reluctantly, gave him a little awkward and confused smile before leaving.

Alexander took a pillow and screamed in it from excitement and pure joy. He giggled alone for a moment. Hugo kissed him. They were going on a date tonight. Well, to be fair, it wasn’t a date at all, but Alexander didn’t care. They kissed.

Despite a sleepless night, Hugo had never looked so radiant since his arrival. He only thought of the night to come and hide a little giggle behind his mouth as he directing his steps towards the conference building.

What a fabulous update!  Since the only clothing one can find in the Alps tends to be sports related I am wondering if Luke might lend something to Alexander to help him get ready and shock Hugo in a beautiful suit? I think Luke would love playing the fairy Godfather :) 

And I loved the Matt reference but am slightly confused by the 2019 timeline? Did this already occur with Billy or is it current and as much as I love Billy, Matt can’t have a cat at home, can he?

AAAH they kissed! We've all been waiting for this moment hahaha 😆. I love how sensitive Alexander is behind the surface and Babka did such a good job of raising him and learning from him in the process, she's such a sweet character and I love to see her in the flashbacks ❤️. Thank you for these updates, I'd love to see where Alexander's fetish takes him considering he's still so shy and reserved about himself sneezing, let alone when Hugo will inevitably start again... I'm so excited to read more, thank you for updating!

The payout for this chapter was amazing!! I'm so glad that they finally kissed!! Though I do love a good slow burn, so I'm not disappointed in the slightest that it took this long to get to this point, just as long as they do get there. haha Though I am excited to see things heating up between these two and hope things continue to progress.

Babka is such a wonderful side character. Her comment to Alex about him making sure he dates someone who is good looking had me giggling. Her entire response to him coming out was just golden! And I love that she was well aware of who is just right for Alex. Such an insightful, wise women.

So sorry, I think I'm a little confused about the flashback timeline for this chapter. Just want to make sure I'm understanding properly. The flashbacks for this chapter begin in Sept of 2014 where we meet Hugo's boyfriend after summer break but then the next part is in April 2014 which would be prior to Sept, but you make reference to Hugo still being with Logan at that time so is the next update in the flashback supposed take place in April 2015 instead of 2014?

• 2 weeks later...