Sneeze Fetish Forum

Not As Cold As She Acts

sickfic_lover

Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a 34-year-old assistant.

Other times, I just wish my boss wasn't Courtney Quinn.

And then there's times when I'm really glad she is.

-----------Vivian's POV-------------

Great, I was running late. Again. This was my second time this week, except today I would've been on time if Starbucks didn't have an outrageous wait. The line was quite literally out the door and I was second to last.

I wouldn't have even gone there if Abrara's was open. Abrara's was a little mom-and-pop shop a couple miles away from Quinn Enterprises run by an old African couple. Courtney loved it there and refused to visit any other place. She hated chain coffee shops so I only got Starbucks when it was absolutely necessary.

I just figured I could put the drink into a mug before handing it off to my boss, but if I even had a slim chance of being on time, doing that would definitely make me late. I was close now. Or at least on the same floor that I needed to be. And Courtney's office was in sight. My heels clicked faster against the zebra wood floor. So close... Maybe I'd make it. I took a deep breath, prepared to face the HBIC herself before smacking straight into Reid Michaels, my COO.

"Holy shit! I mean-" He looked down at his previously white shirt, now stained with coffee, and sighed. "Vivian..." "Mr. Michaels, I'm really sor-" He held up a hand and flashed me a gentle smile. "Don't worry about it. You didn't do it on purpose."

I just stood there, not sure if I should thank him or pass out from embarrassment.

My 6'1, brown-haired, blue-eyed boss just gave me a pass for ruining his outfit.

Maybe I should propose.

"I do assume you didn't do it on purpose," he said jokingly, sensing my anxiety. "No! Of course not!" He reached out and touched my arm. "Relax, hun. I was joking." "Oh." "Seriously, don't worry about the shirt. I needed to buy a new one anyway."

He winked.

"Thanks, Reid."

"Don't mention it- Hey, heads up about Courtney, she's in a fucking spectacular mood," he said sarcastically, giving a little eye roll.

I groaned. "Great, my day just keeps getting better."

He chuckled.

"I'll see you around, sweetheart."

"Yeah, Reid, talk soon."

And yes, Reid is very gay and very taken.

So maybe it was a little weird that I wanted to jump his tall ass bones every time I saw him. 

----------------

After that, it didn't take long for me to enter Courtney's office. She was on the phone when I did.

"Yes... Uh-huh..."

Her eyes found mine as I creaked the door open. "Listen, Mario, I'm gonna put you on with my assistant... No, no, I am absolutely not trying to get off this call!" She gave a plastic laugh on her end and I cringed. "Oh, yes, you know I love talking to you too. Alright, Vivian's gonna set up a meeting... Okay... Bye, bye now." The line clicked and my landline began to ring.

Courtney eyed my empty hands and gave a disapproving look. This was not a good day.

I picked up the phone.

"Hello, Vivian Keppler speaking."

"Oh, hello, Veronica. How are you?" came the other voice.

"I'm well, Mr. Bianchi. It's Vivian, by the way."

"Of course, Valerie. You are Courtney's assistant, right?"

I internalized a sigh. "I am. What can I do for you?"

"Well, Courtney said you'll get me and her together for a meeting of some sorts. Could you do that for me, Vanessa?"

I pulled up Courtney's calendar on my desktop.

"I sure can, Mr. Bianchi. Any specific day you prefer?"

"Oh, no, honey, I'm not picky at all. As long as it's this week, I'm good."

"Sorry to say, Mr. Bianchi, but Ms. Quinn has no availability this week. She's booked up to the roof."

He gasped on the other line.

"Mr. Bianchi! Are you okay?"

"Of course, I'm not okay, Victoria! I want you to schedule a meeting with my colleague and I and you're refusing," he yelled.

"Mr. Bianchi, I'm not refusing. Ms. Quinn is a very busy woman and-"

"Can't you check her schedule."

I hung my head.

"Yes, sir, it's right in front of me. Next week might be a better opti-"

"Listen here, you little bitc-!"

Courtney snatched the phone out of my hand. I jumped. When the hell did she get over here? My back stiffened. She leaned over me, filling my nostrils with her vanilla-cinnamon body spray.

"No, you listen, Mario. You will not call my office and berate my employees. I don't give a flying fuck who you are. We'll schedule a lunch for next week. If you have a problem, you can forget a meeting, period. Now, apologize to Vivian. Not Veronica, Valerie, Velma, or fucking Venus. Vivian."

I looked at her, suprised.

Damn, that was... really hot actually.

Seeing Courtney get all protective like that was a sort of turn on I guess.

She pushed the telephone into my palm.

"Hi, Mr. Bianchi," I say. "Vivian, dear, I'm terribly sorry. My manners escaped me. I'm sure you're quite competent to have Courtney defend you so surely. Again, I apologize. Have a good evening," he explained quickly. "Yeah, you too Mr. Bianchi." Then I hung up.

When Courtney lost her cool, it was frightening, to say the least. But when she lost it for you, it did certain things to your head. Her emerald eyes searched mine for a second. "You're late today," she noted, still leaning over me. I shook my head.

"Yeah, I'm really sorry. I went to get you coffee but Abrara's was closed, so I went to Starbucks and they had a horrendous line. But I got that, luckily." She rose her eyebrow. "Then, where's the coffee." I rubbed the back of my neck. "Well, on my way to your office, I bumped into Reid." "Mr. Michaels?" "Yeah, and uh... I spilled your drink all over him."

She pinched the bridge of her nose. "You spilled coffee on your superior?" I bit my bottom lip. "Yes..." "Is he injured?" "No, why would he be injured? It's just coffee." "Maybe because you spilled a boiling liquid on his skin." I winced. "Oh, well, it was iced so-" "I specifically asked for hot coffee today, Vivian." I gulped. "You did?" "Yes, Ms. Keppler. I did." "I'm sorry, I didn't realize-"

"Vivian!" she snapped, standing in front of me now.

"This is the second time this week that you're late. You not only lost my coffee, but bought the wrong kind. You upset Mr. Bianchi. Do you want to be fired?" I stood quickly. "No, Ms. Quinn. Of course not! I'm so sorry. I promise to do better. This week's just been a little rough." She glowered at me. "Promises mean nothing to me, Vivian. Do better." I nod. "

Yes, ma'am. I can go get you another coffee if you'd like." She shook her head. "No, it's fine. I just have an awful sinus headache today. I was hoping something hot might clear me out." My stomach flipped. Sinus issues with Courtney usually meant really big fits. I tried to contain my excitement.

"Oh, no. Did you take your decongestants?" I asked, playing up the concerned employee role. She rubbed at her nose boyishly. "Yeah. They're just... not helping. I have to sneeze so bad. I just can't." I hummed softly. Today was getting better already. "Well, you know coffee never clears you out the right way. How about some tea? I can go make you some," I suggested.

She turned away from me, as if embarrased. A light blush came to her cheeks. "Oh, um.... Yeah, tea sounds nice. But after you get some work done. Our deadline for those documents is today and-" She gave a sharp gasp, placing a knuckle firmly underneath her nose.

"Hxgntch!"

I crossed my legs.

"Bless you, Court."

She sniffled.

"Ugh. Sorry."

I hated that she apologized after every sneeze instead of just excepting a blessing. I mean sure, it was cute, but after a while it was a bit sad. Almost as if she felt her sneezes burdened others. And while I love to see my stone cold boss display a little vulnerability, it kinda makes my heart hurt for her.

"You shouldn't hold them in like that," I scold in an almost whisper. "Huh?" My cheeks turned red. "I- Well, it's just better to sneeze normally than to stifle. I bet you'd feel better if you didn't hold them in."

She nodded and returned to her desk. Indicating that she'd consider my input.

"Alright, back to work, Vivian."

I smiled, at least a little satisfied, and pulled up a blank document to start typing on.

------------------------------

It had taken hours, but Courtney and I finished our work on time. She was sniffly the whole day and experienced a couple false starts. Which was both a bit exciting and a bit dissaponting for me. But after the tea, she did get a few good nose-blows in (and I was glad I was seated because my legs felt like jelly after each one).

I really hope the pollen count's high tomorrow. I didn't realize how desperate I was to see Courtney sneeze again until today. She was just so cute, and hot, and fucking sexy. Her sneezes made me feel things that you really shouldn't feel for your boss. I didn't wanna see her suffer though. Maybe I was just a little extra horny today. I mean, that would be a valid explanation considering I was currently in the middle of the cold and flu section of my local drug store, hoping to hear a sneeze from some poor vessel.

"Huuh'aithchew!"

My head snapped up a little too eagerly. That sounded so itchy. It's hard to believe my day started so shitty with all this luck.

I inched my way down the aisle to see if I could catch the culprit.

"What the hell do you mean it's declining? I have millions of dollars on that card, sir. Check again," hissed a wounding voice. It sounded all too familiar. "Ma'am, I did try. The machine won't take your card. W-we have an ATM over there if you wanna try that?" the boy at the front desk said. The poor kid looked no older than 18.

The woman in front of him had her back turned to me. She was tall and dirty blonde. Maybe 40 or so.

"Do I look like I want to use your ATM?"

He shifted uncomfortably. "I could just put your items back for you if you want, ma'am."

"I don't wanna put my items back! I want you to retry my card!" she snapped.

What a bitch. I wondered who the fuck this lady was and why she had the audacity to talk to people that way.

"I-I did retry your card, ma'am. Multiple times. The machine isn't taking it."

Kudos to this kid for standing his ground.

"Your machine is shi-ihh...hiH-!" She cupped her hands around her mouth and bent at the waist facing left.

"Hihhschieww!"

Oh, shit. Yeah, I was absolutely horny today. Oh, wow. I needed to get home, like now. If you know what I mean.

Her breasts shook with the force of the sneeze, catching the spray her hands couldn't contain.

I wanted to bless her so badly but she beat me to it.

"Excuse me," she said to the cashier before giving a liquid sniffle.

"I'm sorry."

Though congestion was evident in her voice, how I knew this woman finally clicked.

"Courtney?" I asked.

It couldn't be....

My boss turned around, teary eyed and red-nosed, sporting a messy bun and gray sweatpants.

God, she looked miserable.

And, so fucking adorable.

TBC....?

Sorry that there are no tags to this post, I clicked enter too soon and it posted.

But here they are:

Female,   F/F,      Cold,      Allergies

This is so amazing! I can't wait to read more if you're willing to continue! I'm a sucker for the Miranda Priestly type character being vulnerable

10 hours ago, sickfic_lover said:

Your machine is shi-ihh...hiH-!" She cupped her hands around her mouth and bent at the waist facing left.

"Hihhschieww!"

Oh, shit. Yeah, I was absolutely horny today. Oh, wow. I needed to get home, like now. If you know what I mean.

Her breasts shook with the force of the sneeze, catching the spray her hands couldn't contain.

^So many amazing details, in so few sentences :lol: Very much enjoyed reading, and would be more than happy to read more!

Wow this was an adorable read :) My heart flutters for where this TBC could go, hoping it does continue!

That was really good! I'm more into male sneezes, but I'm starting to love female sneezes more and more, especially when it's so well written!

Oh man, poor Courtney, there is nothing worse than having your card declined!!!  Especially when you are sick! I love where the plot is heading with these two. And badass Courtney raging out at the douche on the phone, is possibly the hottest thing I have read in a while!

• 2 months later...

Thank you everyone for the very kind comments. Sorry for the long break in between 😅. Here's part 2!

So yeah, Courtney Quinn, my boss Courtney Quinn, the one who dresses like Blair Waldorf with less flair, was standing in front of me looking like a hot mess express cold and flu poster child. Emphasis on the hot. 

She narrowed her eyes at me as if trying to decipher who I was. There was an awkward silence as she stared at me. I rocked on my feet before finally giving her a hint, "Vivian. That's my name. I'm the one girl who's been sitting in your office every day for the past five years," I said with a laugh. She didn't seem amused. "I know who you are, Vivian," she said, rubbing her nose with her pointer.

"Really? Because you were looking at me like I had two heads." A light blush began to creep up her neck and she turned her back to me. "Oh. I, uh, thought I had to sneeze." If only she had. That would've been great. Welp, my dumbassery wins again. "Oh," I said and looked at the cashier who cleared his throat. "Ma'am, if you aren't going to pay for your stuff, I'll really need you to put the items back," he said.

I  watched a fire light in Courtney's eyes and I took a step away from her like she was physically going to explode.  "Name," she demanded. He pointed to himself. "My name?" "No, my name," she spat sarcastically. "Uh, Kyle," he said. Courtney smiled. "Do you know who I am, Uh Kyle?" "Listen, lady-"

"Shut the fuck up. I wasn't done talking. If you're having trouble deciphering when I am, first attempt to remove your head from your ass and the answer might come more naturally. Every time you look down at your phone or drive your grandmother's minivan and wonder where all those parts came from, think of me, Uh Kyle. I have more money on this card, than you will ever dream of in your entire, pathetic, lonely life. Understand?" she lectured.

"I-"

Courtney reached over the counter and grabbed a plastic bag before packing her stuff in it and walking out the door. "Ma'am, you can't just do that!" he sighed after her. God, that was really painful to watch. Poor kid. I took a fifty out of my wallet and handed it to the clerk.

"I'm really sorry about that. Is this enough?" I asked. He nodded. "Can you believe that psycho? I mean, talk about a basket case. And who the hell claims to be a billionaire when they're dressed like Frank Gallagher and can't afford a box of tissues?" he laughed. Did she deserve that? Yes, absolutely. But something about her shopping for medicine at eleven p.m. told me Courtney wasn't feeling her best. And that must have made me a little more empathetic to her struggles because I ignored the cashier and left, telling him to keep the change.

I didn't have to look hard for Courtney when I stepped outside. She was leaning against the brick building, body wracked with coughs. "Aw, you okay, Court?" I asked softly. Her head snapped up to look at me. "Are you stalking me or something, Vivian?" she growled. "No, but I did just pay for your shit so being a little nicer to me wouldn't hurt." "You didn't need to do that," she said. I guess some people can't just take a friendly gesture. "Yeah, well, I didn't want you getting arrested for petty theft."

She hummed and then blinked a few times.

Courtney had beautiful eyelashes.

Her breath caught. Oh, she was gonna sneeze. Yum. She shook her head, uselessly trying to get rid of the tickle. Then she angled herself away from me but made no attempt to cover her mouth.

"heEEEScha! Herrrr'TSHIEWww!!" 

The sneezes were rough. They ripped through her throat and drew a fine mist of spray to the air in front of her, causing the droplets to scatter in the wind. "Bless, you," I managed barely. She pulled a crumpled tissue from her pants pocket and lifted it to her nose, dabbing and snorting. She gave a half-moan-half-groan sort of sound.

Whatever it was, it killed me.

"I'm sorry, Vivian. That was... I'm sorry." I took a step closer and rubbed her arm. Which, was covered in goosebumps by the way because it was cold outside and she was sick and she didn't have a jacket. But anyway...

"You don't have to apologize to me, Courtney. You can't help it," I said.

She took a soft breath from her mouth. I realized that she wasn't wearing makeup. Her lips were just naturally bright pink and she was rather wrinkle-free. She was gorgeous. I wonder what she would look like in bed.

Courtney tensed and cleared her throat. "Um, thank you. I should get going. I'd like to get some rest tonight and it was a longer walk than I expected," she said. Wait a minute. Back up. Walk? She looked like she was gonna pass out and she walked here?

"What the hell were you thinking?" I said out loud. She looked startled for a second before laughing. "What?" "It's the middle of the night! And you're a woman!" Wow, way to let misogyny win, Vivian. Courtney crossed her arms, clearly amused.

"I think I can handle myself just fine." "Yeah, everybody thinks they can handle themselves until a creep sees a sexy blonde strutting her ass around L.A. at 11:30! Don't you know nothing good happens after dark?" She smirked at my lecture. "So now I'm a sexy blonde who struts her ass all around the city?" she said playfully. My cheeks burned. "Uh, no- Well, I- That's not- Uh..."

Try words, Viv.

"Relax, this part of the city has a relatively low crime rate. And I have a taser in my pocket. If I could have driven, I would have. But, considering my most recent display of self-control or lack thereof, you'd understand my reluctance," she said.

Is it a fetish if you get turned on when people use big words? Add it to the list I guess.

"Well, can I drive you home then?" I asked. Courtney's eyes studied me. "This is gonna get you a raise or any sort of benefit," she said. Of course she thought I would do this to benefit myself in some way. Maybe I just wanted to commit an act of kindness.

I mean, I didn't.

I really just wanted to see her sneeze again (...and again).

But that was besides the point.

"I wouldn't expect it," I responded and led her to my car.

-----------Courtney's POV-------------

Vivian had a Jeep. 2011 by the looks of it. There was a cheetah print cover on the back seat, empty soda cans and take-out bags on the floor, and hot pink fuzzy dice hanging from the rearview mirror.

"It's all kinds of blast from the past in here, isn't it?" I said.

It was disappointing to see such a drastic change from her work life. She was usually quite organized. This... was not. "Yeah! My friend gave me all this before she moved to Arizona so," she said. Vivian threw the trash to the back of the car.

"I promise I'm not always this much of a slob!"

I hummed in response and took a seat on the passenger's side. She started the car up. In five years, Vivian had been to my house rarely. My appendix burst last year and I had her come over to complete some work since I couldn't make it to the office. Charlie and I take a trip at least once a year and each time we do, Vivian comes over to feed my pupfish and make sure the maid didn't steal anything.

But I've never had Vivian over as a friend.

Though, I supposed she was among the few I had.

Vivian reached behind her and handed me a gray sweatshirt from the backseat. "You should probably put that on. It's cold outside," she said. And, she wasn't wrong. It was a bit chilly outside and a hoodie sounded heavenly right now, but she and I were definitely not the same size. I'm 5'10 in heels and she's 5'3 on a good day. Additionally, my breasts were quite a bit fuller than hers.

So, I set it on my lap, thanked her, and rubbed my nose as discreetly as possible. There was a buzz in the back of my sinuses that never really went away. Sometimes sniffling helped, but sometimes it made everything worse. My nostrils flared. I rubbed harder. God, I was so sick of this shit. Vivian pulled out of the parking spot and I bent forward.

"Hinxtchh..."

Ugh... That was so unsatisfying. My nose was gonna make me pay for that later. "Excuse me, sorry," I sniffed. "Coming down with something?" she asked, nodding at my bag. I hope not. I have so much to do this week, getting sick is simply not an option. I couldn't care less if I caught the plague next week. But not this week. I needed to be at my best.

It was Charlie who was sick. He was the whole reason I had to go to the store in the first place. He's been my fiance for nine years but heaven forbid the tissue box catches the smallest speck of spray from my sneeze. He lit the most irritating scent of candle that I truly couldn't take. I really did try to cover my mouth, I just didn't make it in enough time. My body reacted so much quicker than my brain and I just... I'm so shitty.

"No. Charlie has a cold and he needed some extra things," I explained. "Oh," she whispered. Vivian turned on the radio to a low volume and hummed to whatever mindless song was on. She was so cute. Not sexually, of course! I'm her boss! She just has a bubbly personality sometimes and it suits her in a completely nonattractive way. But it wasn't unattractive (but also not attractive in any way).

My nose twitched again and I ducked my head for two more stifles. I felt so tickly. The buzz wasn't backing off and I knew I needed one, uncontained sneeze to satisfy my nose. "Heh..." I started digging in the bag. "Hehh..." I needed a travel pack. The wads in my pocket wouldn't do shit for me right now. "Ehhh...!" I dug my hand around until I found the pack. "Hih... Hihhh!" I ripped it open and brought three brand new tissues to my mouth.

"HEEhhppP'SSHhh!"

Oh, another one.

"Euh'ptshhoo!"

Ugh, that felt phenomenal. I know it's gross but I just needed to let my body have what it wanted. If I kept holding everything in, I'd probably blow a lung. And Charlie's so much of a germaphobe, he wouldn't be able to step inside the hospital long enough to pay my medical bills.

The tissues were ruined, so much so that my hands were sopping with mess. I grabbed some more tissues to try and clean myself up. As good as those sneezes felt, Vivian's look made it all unworth it. She was completely flushed and she looked almost embarrassed for me. My heart dropped to my stomach.

"That was awful, I'm so sorry. It really is just allergies. I would never-" "It's fine," she choked out, eyes fixed on the road. I just needed this ride to be over. At home, I could handle Charlie. I spent most of my time at work anyway and my time at home was usually spent sleeping. And sleeping with him. Which I never mind.

But I couldn't handle the looks of disgust at work. What if Vivian walked into the office tomorrow and told everyone how grotesque I was? All my employees would wash their hands in different sinks. Crying would be acceptable in this situation, I think. But then she'd tell everyone I was a snotty crybaby who couldn't handle paying for her own cart at the fucking drugstore.

I tried to blow my nose in tiny increments. Vivian turned up the radio. Oh God, she did think I was disgusting! I turned my face as far away from her as possible to scrub my tender nostrils.

Fuck, that tickle was coming back.

I wound down the window to try and drown out my sniffles. But the cold air was too much.

Oh, no...

I had to...

"Hxxnt!

Chxnt!

HNNGhxxx!"

I dug frantically for another tissue. "Hehhh... Hihhh.... HEEhh!" Oh, no. Fuck me. I stifled another sneeze into my wrist. The car stopped. Was she gonna kick me out? I opened my eyes for a nanosecond before holding in another sneeze. We were at a red light. You have got to be kidding me. Where the hell were my tissues? I lifted my head up and shook it back and forth before it flung forward with a waist-bending sneeze.

"Hrrr'RSHiewww! Aah'Tshieww!"

I just know the dashboard was covered. I used the last of my energy to direct the next fit out the window.

"Herr'shiEWww! HgnT'shhhAHhh!

Oh, my-

Hgnkt'chiew! HAH'tchIEWWww!!! Ahtshoo!

Excuse-

Eht'SHiii!

Oh..."

The wind blew the spray back into my face. My sinuses were thumping. I gave up trying to hold back the itch. I couldn't help it. I just needed to get this out. I pressed the gray hoodie to my face. The softness caressed my swollen nostrils so gently. I exploded into the fabric desperately three times and pulled away to gasp for air. Every hitch was muffled by the cotton.

The next sneeze building was teasing me. I felt so helpless. The prickle would shoot up and then back off just as quickly. I threw my body into each breathy gasp. My bra was being pushed to its limits. I wanted to roll over and die until I felt Vivian put her hand on my back.

She rubbed circles along my shoulder blades and lower back.

"Oh, honey," she whispered.

The buzz increased and I sneezed harshly into the sweatshirt.

"Huuh'aitshchew!

Ught'shiiew!"

So messy. I snuffled helplessly.

"God bless you," Vivian said softly, still rubbing my back.

There wasn't any repulsion in her voice. Which I found remarkable. She seemed concerned and sweet. Maybe she was just used to my fits by now. I'm not usually this bad at work, but Vivian's witnessed her fair share of my nasal attacks. Maybe she was just better at hiding her disgust than some people.

I kneaded the soft flesh of my nose, so worn out that it was probably as red as Rudolph's.

Vivian grabbed my wrist.

"Not so hard! Stop bullying your body for sneezing. It's natural and you can't help it," she said sternly.

I felt my cheeks heat up. "I'b sorry," I mumbled, stuffed to hell. She gave me a warm side hug and pulled into the lot of my complex as the light flicked green. "It's okay, Courtney," she assured me. She pulled into a spot near the front door.

For whatever reason I felt another 'natural response' building in my nose.

"Alright, this is you, right?" Vivian asked.

"Yes, thank y- 

Euh'tschieww!"

"Fuck, excuse me!" I exclaimed.

Although embarrassing, letting that out felt nearly erotic.

Vivian's eyes darted to the floor.

"Thank you for the ride, Vivian. I'm sorry for being such a mess," I said, bringing her attention back to me. She smiled. "Of course. And you don't need to apologize."

I began to exit the jeep.

"Hey, Vivian?" I asked.

"Yeah?" "Um. Do you think you could just make me tea tomorrow instead of coffee? Just like you did today with lemon and-"

"Milk? Yeah, I got you, Courtney," she said.

Then she winked at me.

"Tell Charlie I said feel better."

I tossed the hoodie to the passenger's side and nodded at her, making my way to the lobby.

Cute described her more than accurately.

Holy fuck...

Vivian’s eating well with this one lmao.

I really liked getting Courtney’s POV too. The interaction with the store clerk was too funny lmao. And omg I kinda loved the way you spelt her sneezes lol

I love this and I hope there is more to come! and maybe something between them???

Hmmm, fiance of 9 years?!  Yeah, one of them is NOT really IN that relationship.  Plus, a germaphobe with a chronic sneezer is never a good combo.  I suspect Vivian is going to save the day...at least I hope she is!!!

On 1/14/2024 at 2:43 AM, Cedar said:

Vivian’s eating well with this one lmao.

I really liked getting Courtney’s POV too. The interaction with the store clerk was too funny lmao. And omg I kinda loved the way you spelt her sneezes lol

Tysm! And you know Vivian's gonna be thinking about this one for a while 🤣

On 1/14/2024 at 5:01 AM, TartanSneezer said:

Love the way you described Courtney’s desperate sneezes. Enjoying this story! 

Thanks! I try to write them so that they don't sound super generic so I'm glad you liked.

On 1/15/2024 at 4:49 PM, Lunaconner said:

I love this and I hope there is more to come! and maybe something between them???

Thank you! and you'll just have to wait and see... 😉

On 1/15/2024 at 7:10 PM, funbusej said:

Hmmm, fiance of 9 years?!  Yeah, one of them is NOT really IN that relationship.  Plus, a germaphobe with a chronic sneezer is never a good combo.  I suspect Vivian is going to save the day...at least I hope she is!!!

Lol yeah. I suspect you're right.

21 hours ago, JustReading said:

Oh my god this is fantastic 

Tysm!

God this was something. Honestly I typically don’t go for the female ones, but something told me I’d like this one. Was not disappointed. 100/10 you’re way of describing not just the sneezing but the characters is just perfect. 

eagerly waiting for updates :) 

4 hours ago, uwus and love said:

God this was something. Honestly I typically don’t go for the female ones, but something told me I’d like this one. Was not disappointed. 100/10 you’re way of describing not just the sneezing but the characters is just perfect. 

eagerly waiting for updates :) 

Thank you! I'm glad you decided to give this one a shot 😉

• 1 month later...

This was amazing, genuinely great writing ;D

• 3 weeks later...

Alright, here's Part 3! TW: There's some abusive talking and mention about hitting your partner. Noting too much but be warned.

-----------Courtney's POV-------------

A wave of exhaustion crashed into me the moment I stepped through the door. My head was pounding and my nose would not stop running. My husband-'boyfriend'- was sitting on a kitchen stool. He was reading over some legal documents.

"Two days for rest and recovery. You couldn't take two days off work?" I joked, running my fingernails against his strong back. He smiled. "Hi, honey. I didn't even realize you were home, ears are so clogged." I gave him a sympathetic pout and pulled out the Nyquil. Charlie grasped my lips with his own in a grateful peck. "Thought this might help," I said. "You know it will," he said back, cracking open the bottle.

I chuckled, which turned into a raspy cough. The fit felt nearly asthmatic, crushing my lungs.

I covered with the crook of my elbow and sneezed harshly.

"Herr'PTSshhiee!"

"Oh, wow," I sighed, going to the sink to wash my hands. Charlie scooted away by a bit. "You're not getting sick, are you?" he asked skeptically.

Honestly, I wasn't a big cougher, even with allergies. And, while my sneezes were always hard to control, something undoubtedly was off. I didn't want to freak Charlie out though. My throat didn't even hurt yet. It was a little scratchy but not raw by any means. And my nose was still runny, not clogged, so that was a good sign. And my head hurt but it wasn't splintering. And my nose tickled but it always did to some degree.

I wasn't sick. Not yet anyway. If I was starting to come down with something, it would take 1-2 days for it to develop. Then, once the third day hit, I'd be down and out. But right now, I was fine. Just... sneezy.

"Of course, not. I hardly ever get sick. You know that," I said. He hummed. "I had a really bad day," I mumbled. Charlie stood up and gave me a giant hug. "Yeah?" "Yeah..." "I'm sorry that I yelled at you earlier," he apologized.

Charlie had anger issues. We met in a bar, where he nearly choked a guy out for touching my ass. And the first three years of our relationship were hellish when he was drunk. But, I told him if he didn't get help, I'd leave him. Now, he was almost seven years sober. The anger comes out every now and then but for the most part, he's like an ocean. Calm, beautiful, and, much more rarely, agitated.

"It's fine. I understand," I said, words muffled into his chest.

He had a new cologne on. It smelled cheap. Strange. Charlie didn't buy cheap cologne. And, even stranger, it smelled faintly familiar. It was... feminine. But, the thing was, I don't buy cheap scents either, so it wasn't mine. All very strange. And a little tickly.

Very tickly.

The distant prick in the back of my nose suddenly became more prominent. I tried to wiggle my body away from him. He nestled me into his chest. "I love you," he said. God. Now was not the fucking time for him to be all touchy-feely. "Ch... ChaHR-" I gasped in warning. His biceps, like pythons, tightened around my frame. Shit, shit, shit. I needed to sneeze. Badly.

"Bab... Heh..." Charlie chuckled softly. I supposed my hitching voice, combined with the muffling due to our close proximity, sounded like my excited voice. He brought his lips down to my ear. "Jesus. I don't fuck you for one night and a hug gets you hot and bothered."

He was such a cocky asshole.

My breath hitched more aggressively. "FuH... ck." A shockwave of tickles shot through my nasal passages, brushing the walls of my poor, swollen sinuses like a million tiny feathers. I gave it one last attempt to pull away from my fiance. Of course, he barely budged.

I tried so hard to stifle the urge to sneeze.

But the best I could do was turn the urge to sneeze into a very strangled stifle. 

"Nnng'tcHKk!"

Charlie's grip loosened immediately. I ripped myself away from him, chest heaving in an attempt to regain breath.

"K'tschHIEWww!

arrGT'shiEWww!"

My breath hitched into a false start and when I opened my eyes, I saw the cloud of spray hit the marble counter. I laid my pounding head back on Charlie's chest, hoping for some comfort.

The stifle was obviously a mistake. They always were. Rarely, with the exception of random, stray sneezes, does a stifle satisfy an itch for me. I almost always end up having a terrible fit afterward. And even now, I could sneeze a thousand more times if it weren't for the exhaustion in my lungs. My headache was growing and I sniffled weakly. I felt like a peasant.

Charlie shoved me away from him forcefully. I flinched in surprise. How stupid I was for forgetting who he was.

Even if for a second.

"What the fuck is wrong with you? Seriously? Did no one ever teach you how to cover your mouth, or are you just that fucking stupid?" he spat. Normally, I'd protest him calling me names, but I knew I deserved it now. I couldn't make the excuse that my hand-nose coordination was just bad, because I had had nearly a decade to work on it. I knew how much he hated germs. I should've been able to hold it back, or at least in.

"I'm sorry..." "Sorry? You fucking sneezed on me, Courtney!" he growled. "I tried to hold it in!" I said. He ripped off his shirt and threw it at me. It didn't hurt. Not at all. But it scared me. A lot.

"Oh, for the love of God! Stop fucking flinching! I've never hit you a day in my life, Courtney. Why would I start now? You're the fucking disgusting one and you wanna make me the bad guy!" he yelled. I didn't respond. I was still trying to will the tears away. What was wrong with me?

Charlie's voice softened a little, but it still held its harshness. "Just go take a shower or something, okay? Wash whatever's making you sneeze off," he said. I nodded promptly and went to the guest bathroom.

I locked the door behind me and sank into the toilet seat. My hands were shaking. Or, I guess it was my whole body that was shaking. I released a breath. Had I been holding that in? Pressing a hand to my face, I felt a wetness. I didn't even know I was crying. How could it be that I was CEO of one of the world's biggest companies one minute, and crying in my bathroom like a child the next.

I had no reason to be acting the way I was. Charlie was a good man. Before we started dating, he invested in Quinn Enterprises. I wouldn't have become a multi-billionaire without him. He did honest work. He bought me things. He told me he loved me. The ring on my finger was easily worth a million or more. Charlie was a good man. But, even still, I let a sob escape me. 

------------------------------------------------

After gathering myself, I started the shower. I discarded my clothing rather quickly, the steam an enticing invitation. I ran my fingers through my dark blonde hair and let the water flow down my back. My head was thumping, but little by little the tension in my sinuses eased up. My nose ran a bit and I sniffled.

A friend I had once was always sniffling. She had the worst allergies. But, the thing was, her husband embraced them. He would keep tissues on him so that he could help her blow her nose. If her hands were busy and he could tell she was about to sneeze, he'd cup a handkerchief around her mouth for her. He was amazing. I had asked her one day why he did those things for her, but she only shrugged. "He told me that I've got enough things making me miserable and I didn't deserve to add a husband who won't take care of me to the list," she said.

What a guy he was.

I thought of who might take care of me like that.

Certainly not Charlie.

The person who came to mind was a person who definitely should not have come to mind.

Vivian Keppler. S

he had always been so good at knowing what I needed just by the slightest glance. It always impressed me. Perhaps, that was just what her job required her to do though. I leaned my throbbing skull against the shower glass and allowed a small smile to tug at my lips despite my discomfort. Vivian was so gentle with me today. She didn't need to be, but she was. Most people would cringe at the very least when seeing me in such a vulnerable state, but not her.

No, Vivian, showed nothing close to repulsion. She treated me with so much love. I didn't deserve it. Lord knows my own boyfriend wouldn't do the same for me. But I couldn't understand why Vivian showed so much care.

If she was in the shower with me now, I could imagine she wouldn't run away. Even though my breath was starting to hitch. My body was starting to convulse. While I threw my head back to let the jagged breaths overcome me, she'd steady my frame. She'd let those red lips kiss down my neck as I sucked in air, fuelling the upcoming nasal explosion. And, when I was finally done being teased, and released a massive-

"EHHhh'TSHHIEWW!"

-she'd bless me sweetly.

Then she'd feel my abs tightening again upon another tormenting hitch, knowing I wasn't yet done. She wouldn't care that I didn't bother to cover. We're in the shower anyway. She'd still stay close when I turn to the side and-

"Huhppt'SHhoo!
Uh...
uuPT'shieww!"

-sneeze.

And she certainly wouldn't mind the outrageous bounce of my chest. The mess on my upperlip that I now needed to clean up by myself, would by cleaned up by her loving hands. Perhaps I could make her breath hitch too. Though, it would be in a completely different way.

Of course, I was not turned on by the idea of someone taking care of me. To imply I needed more than a warm body would be false. But, some tlc sounded really nice right about know. And who better to give it than Vivian?

I knew it was wrong to think of her that way but regardless, I thought of her for the rest of my shower.

And soon enough, my head wasn't the only thing thumping. 

-------------------------------

I went back to the kitchen once I was clean and clothed. Charlie smiled when he saw me.

"Feeling better?" he asked.

I shrugged. I felt good. This was because my thoughts in the shower morphed into a feeling- a fire- that needed to be extinguished. And boy did I extinguish it in my bedroom. But my body did feel a bit rundown. I was ready for rest.

"Yeah," I said, a bit of congestion in my voice. "I didn't mean to scare you," he said. "And I didn't mean to sneeze on you." He grinned and kissed my cheek. "I forgive you," Charlie promised. I smiled back at him. "Good, love. You should get some sleep," I said.

"I was just about to in a second."

"Yeah, I'm about ready for bed too."

He made a hissing sound.

"What?" I asked.

"Well, honey... You know I have that important meeting tomorrow. I need to be well rested. And you know I can't sleep with you sneezing and sniffling all night." Was he serious? "I think I can manage being quiet. And I'm sure you'll get enough rest for that 20 minute phone call," I laughed.

His expression grew darker. "Don't undermine me, Courtney." "I'm sorry, but it's not like you need to be terribly focussed." "Sleep on the couch," he demanded. "What?" "Sleep on the fucking couch. Even if you manage to stop fidgeting and sleep, your snoring will keep me up."

"I don't wanna sleep on the couch," I protested. "Courtney, I'd do it for you. Christ, you don't even care enough about me to do this one thing." I sighed. "That's not true. If... If you want me to sleep on the couch, then I will."

He beamed.

"Thank you, honey," he said.

Then he got up and went in the direction of our bedroom.

"Hey, Charlie," I called.

"Yes?" he asked.

"Don't forget our dinner tomorrow. The reservation has been in place for weeks," I said.

It took him a minute to answer. "I wouldn't miss it, dear. See you in the morning," he replied.

I nodded. "Okay, I love-"

He shut the bedroom door.

"-you..."

I pulled a comforter out of the closet and settled into the couch. I had a feeling the aches in my muscles wouldn't subside anytime soon.

But sleep took me quickly, and as I drifted off, I couldn't help but think about how Vivian would have let me sleep in the bed.

Poor Courtney. She’s sick and her boyfriend/fiancé is horrible. The part where she wants someone to take care of her was so sad! I hope she leaves Charlie, because it sounds like he’s cheating on her and he’s awful. Then maybe Vivian can step in and take care of her sneezy nose! Sick and sneezy CEO is my fav, but this really got me with the emotions. Can’t wait to see what’s next!

I’m so obsessed with this I had to break a 10 year lurking streak to tell you.