Sneeze Fetish Forum

How language difference affecting your fetish

Paulowno

Hi, everybody! I realised that I can talk about my fetish freely on English but can not even imagine say even basic things on that topic in my native language. I connect this fact with the thing that I always been searching lurking and posting stuff in English. Does anyone faced the similar situation? If you have please share the experience how you overcome it and what helped you in that thing. 

I completely relate to this, I can't even say "sneeze" in my mother tongue without feeling super weird. But now that I think of it, I speak five languages and I only feel comfortable talking about it in English. Perhaps it's just a matter of habit then... 

5 hours ago, Femilloween77 said:

I completely relate to this, I can't even say "sneeze" in my mother tongue without feeling super weird. But now that I think of it, I speak five languages and I only feel comfortable talking about it in English. Perhaps it's just a matter of habit then... 

Oh that is so interesting! I am glad to hear that I am not alone in that thing but it is kinda sad at the same time. Speaking on native language on that topic is def whole new level of accepting fetish for me). So does it sounds weird as well on other languages?

I generally speak German and when I got into it I had a really hard time talking about it in my language. I even feel some type of shame...but I. English it's different...normal

11 hours ago, Schnippi said:

I generally speak German and when I got into it I had a really hard time talking about it in my language. I even feel some type of shame...but I. English it's different...normal

It is kinda curious situation. Feels like sneeze fetish is partly connected with English. It is obvious that the main community and most of the sources of sneeze content are based in English but still weird to me that I am partly ashamed of it on my native language. Are there any smaller communties on each language? Personally i have not faced one on my own. 

Yeah, I can totally relate. I've told one of my good friends about my fetish and it felt so weird. I was looking for the right words in my own language to describe it. Never planned to do it, but she was very open so it just happened. 

Not sure why but I speak two languages and found that it’s easier to discuss the fetish in english than my native language. Certain words don’t translate over as easily.

@Paulowno Interesting topic! For me it depends on whether I talk about sneezing to people within our community, or about sneezing as "just sneezing" to people outside of our community.
Outside of the community, I can't say the words "sneeze" and "cold in the nose" in my native language German without extremely cringing inside 😱 , so I avoid it whenever possible. In English I don't have a problem with it.
But when talking to people inside of our community - wow! I hugely enjoy talking (= writing) about sneezing in my native language. 😊

I'm a native English speaker and this is kind of unrelated, but I've always found sneeze related words in other languages to be incredibly sexy, especially in Spanish, Portuguese, and Japanese.

"Sneeze" has always been kind of a weird word for me. It's fine, but I've always felt like it could be better. "Estornudo", "Espirro", and "Kushami", just have a kind of wonder and spiciness that "sneeze" just doesn't have (though I do like that saying the word "sneeze" can give away if you're sick/allergic because it turns into sdeeze)

It's a same with a lot of other words in those languages, especially "resfriado/resfriada" (cold in Spanish/Portugeuse), "Kafun" and "Kafunsho" (pollen and hay fever in Japanese) and basically all three of their words for the flu ("La Gripe" and "A Gripe" for Spanish and Porgueuse and "Infuruenza" for Japanese).

Maybe it's just me though. Does anyone else have any language envy for other langauges sneeze words?

Yeah I cannot write "sneeze" in my own language (french) but in english I don't have any problem