Sneeze Fetish Forum

Noseblowing in public - different countries

jjp3ter

Hi, I'm really curious about your thoughts on this:

In the Netherlands people don't blow their noses in public spaces, public transport or when they are around people. Sometimes older people do it, but I don't see young people blowing their nose often. Young people blow their nose in the toilet or they don't simply blow their nose and the just keep sniffling. 

I've been traveling a lot and I noticed that people in Germany and Belgium blow their nose in public often. In Germany actors even blow their noses in soaps and series. Also in Spain, Italy and Hungary people do it often. But in the northern part of Europe (Norwegian/Sweden) people don't blow their nose in public and I didn't see it in some Asian countries.

I'm really wondering if this is a culture thing. What are your thoughts about this?

I've mostly lived in Australia and New Zealand and both seem to be very much:

-People under 25 don't really blow their nose a lot unless they really have to

-People over 25 couldn't care less and will just blow their nose wherever

That's my experience anyway

6 hours ago, Trynasneeze said:

I've mostly lived in Australia and New Zealand and both seem to be very much:

-People under 25 don't really blow their nose a lot unless they really have to

-People over 25 couldn't care less and will just blow their nose wherever

That's my experience anyway

Here it's very similar, but I feel like people under let's say 50 don't blow there nose. 

I'm really wondering why there is such a difference between countries and between different ages.

• 1 month later...
On 10/28/2023 at 8:40 AM, jjp3ter said:

Young people blow their nose in the toilet or they don't simply blow their nose and the just keep sniffling

Do you think this is a cultural issue, or maybe just a lack of skills? When I do see younger people try to blow their noses these days, it's a bit of an iffy effort sometimes!

That's not a new thing, I remember when I was growing up, seeing people my own age being able to have a good solid blow was rare then! I do remember having a few friends of different ages then who would let me blow their noses for them, and they've all told me since that I did a better job than they would!