Sneeze Fetish Forum

How do y’all feel about fake sneezes?

Lavender Haze

My partner has known about my kink for about eight months. They haven’t asked very many questions, but they still want to try to indulge me. Recently they tried to indulge me by fake sneezing. I found it a little hit or miss if it was good, so I was curious what the rest of y’all think of fake sneezes. Do they do it for you? Does knowing that they’re fake ruin it for you? Do you like it in someways and not other ways? 

1 hour ago, Lavender Haze said:

My partner has known about my kink for about eight months. They haven’t asked very many questions, but they still want to try to indulge me. Recently they tried to indulge me by fake sneezing. I found it a little hit or miss if it was good, so I was curious what the rest of y’all think of fake sneezes. Do they do it for you? Does knowing that they’re fake ruin it for you? Do you like it in someways and not other ways? 

They can do it for me, but only under some circumstances. They kind of still have to hit all the right triggers. :lol: So, yes, context is important. 

Doesn’t do it for me either. It’s probably an irrational reaction, but a fake sneeze from someone doing it for my benefit almost feels like they are mocking me. Yes, I know it’s irrational. Doesn’t help. 

Gonna go against the grain a bit and say that I love fake sneezes if they're tailored to my preferences. Lots of dramatic build up, talking, and a loud release--they're almost better if they're acted out instead of real. But, it's easy to mess up, and a lot of people who try acting out sneezes drop the ball on the release in my opinion. It's very hard to fake the actual sneeze part of a sneeze even halfway decently (speaking as someone who has tried, haha). Also, I have zero tolerance for fake sneezes if someone is trying to pass them off as real. Like others have said, it's pretty easy to tell in almost every case. Fake sneezes can be great, but don't lie about them being real!

There are layers to this for me; like, if an actor I find attractive were to fake a sneeze in a movie/show (given that she does it well), that would be wonderful. I would still pick a real if I could choose, but a fake sneeze in character could be hot. But that's kind of the thing; if it's fake, it has to be as a character, you know? Fake sneeze, fake person, that I can get behind. Fake sneeze, real person? Don't think that could work for me. I'm too good at spotting a fake and suspension of disbelief doesn't carry all the way into real life for me. :lol:  

(always coming back to Sela Ward because that's the only actor I personally find attractive that I've seen both act out sneezes and sneeze for real, and she faked quite well, but the real thing was better. Buildup to die for.  :dribble:  )

Edited by Chanel_no5
4 hours ago, iojo said:

I absolutely dispose fake sneezes. they dont do anything for me and I do not like them at all.

Ditto

I only like fake sneezes if they're really well-acted and the "fake-sneezer" isn't trying to pass them off as real sneezes.

But it's very hard to find someone who can do a well-acted fake sneeze!

Fake sneezes are a complete turn off for me. Sometimes they even repulse me, especially if the sneezer is genuinely trying to make them believable as real sneezes, in a fetish context. 

I think if they're up-front about them being fake and especially if they're used in like a role play/fantasy setting, they can be a whole lot of fun, especially if there's a good scenario around them. I remember there being a channel on youtube a few years back (I think it was called Aster's sneeze skits) where a sneeze fetishist who was also big on voice acting made some cute little sneeze skits based on sneezes from cartoons (which were also fake) that I actually really enjoyed. 

Fake sneezes have their place I suppose in TV and movies. There's some decently acted ones.

As far as the fetish goes, I prefer real sneezing without a doubt. Fake does nothing for me

Not a fan of pretending to sneeze.  And, depending on the stituation, I think I might get irrationally annoyed by it, instead of liking it.  In the scenario of a partner fake sneezing to accommodate the fetish...nope, wouldn't work for me, unfortunately.

In the context of movies and roleplays with fictional characters they're great! (As long as they do a good job, and the scenario is appealing... The specific scenario is really more important to me than anything else in this case)

I think the reason fake sneezes fell so cringey and uninteresting to me personally is that the appeal of a real sneeze is the genuine vulnerability and loss of control that comes with it. When it's fake, it feels like it lacks the very thing that makes sneezing so erotic. 

I totally agree though that under the right circumstances, a fake sneeze from a character can hit right in the same way any fictional story involving sneezing can. Like even if it's not real, if you've really bought into the whole universe around it, it works. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/31/2023 at 9:46 PM, iojo said:

I absolutely dispose fake sneezes. they dont do anything for me and I do not like them at all.

Second this can’t stand them except in anime

• 3 weeks later...

I think a fake sneeze that really look like a real one is good. The rest is awkward I would say

I much prefer real sneezes, but if a fake sneeze is so well done that I can't tell if its real or not then, what the hell - I'm gonna love it, not going to lie :D 

However, an obvious fake sneeze is not appealing in any way to me

1 hour ago, NoV said:

I much prefer real sneezes, but if a fake sneeze is so well done that I can't tell if its real or not then, what the hell - I'm gonna love it, not going to lie :D 

However, an obvious fake sneeze is not appealing in any way to me

All of the above