Sneeze Fetish Forum

I was wondering about some of my old posts.

Daphine

I had over 7 years when I was unable to long onto this forum because I couldn't remember my password. Thanks to our wonderful moderators I was finally able to return a couple of years ago. The thing is when I came back it showed that I had far fewer posts than I had before I left. Right now it says that I have 829 posts but back in 2008 I had celebrated my 1500 post.  It doesn't really matter to me, I'm just curious.

This is probably a combination of two things.

Quite some time ago there was a very controversial deletion of older posts, to save server space. I don't know if that happened while you were gone. Sometimes the deleted posts could (can?) still be recovered on archive.org.

Another time, the forum switched to a new hosting service. It's not clear that anything was lost. But for some reason, peoples' post "counters" were rolled back a random number (for example a person might have 800 posts but suddenly the counter only read "600" or whatever). There was discussion about it because some people who were getting close to 1000 posts, suddenly had a long way to go again!

Anyway, water under the bridge. And to me it was a reminder to back up any crucial posts, just in case.