Sneeze Fetish Forum

thoughts on ai?

guy that does things

theres a few nuances to the rise of ai in this fetish. first off, what are some opinions on its takeover overall? whats your favorite method of ai (art, stories, even roleplays or videos)? how is it affecting the community, and will this be a positive thing?

second, how will it impact the community moving forward? will it end up fragmenting us to the point where most fetishists will just be isolated in their own personalized ai bubble? will these forums even have a point anymore? and how long will it take for ai to become the only thing we ever need for this fetish?

and finally, this is more a question of how you use it. what programs do you use? how do you make it write the way you want, or produce the art you want? has anyone made their own ai specifically for sneezing? and if you could choose, how would you alter ai to better suit your needs?

I'm sure the people who like it are going to keep doing whatever they want with it and I'm not gonna change anybody's minds, but frankly generative AI makes me sick. It creates product but it doesn't create art. I just feel nothing looking at this stuff, knowing it wasn't made by a person putting their own drive and passion into it. If I wanted something specific that wasn't already out there somewhere and that I couldn't make myself, I would rather go without it than turn to AI to get it.

I genuinely don't have a single positive thing to say about it, so I suppose I'll leave it at that.

3 hours ago, Blah!? said:

I'm sure the people who like it are going to keep doing whatever they want with it and I'm not gonna change anybody's minds, but frankly generative AI makes me sick. It creates product but it doesn't create art. I just feel nothing looking at this stuff, knowing it wasn't made by a person putting their own drive and passion into it. If I wanted something specific that wasn't already out there somewhere and that I couldn't make myself, I would rather go without it than turn to AI to get it.

I genuinely don't have a single positive thing to say about it, so I suppose I'll leave it at that.

Seconding all of this. If I was really that desperate for something I couldn’t make, I’d spend the money to commission an artist before I’d ever rely on ai. Being able to support another artist is just a bonus in that case, the way I see it.

My opinion is that it's an overall negative thing. I say that as somebody who's not interested in AI-generated art or stories, so, for me, all I see is an ever-worsening flood of soulless content. To me, it feels like AI content has already caught up to and possibly surpassed human-made work in terms of new volume, at least when it comes to this community. And that's just my own personal distaste for it. Not even mentioning the disaster it is for writers and artists and the blatant theft that goes into constructing most generative AI models.

I think, to an extent, some people will find in AI what they would've otherwise gotten from the community. But, I don't think this forum (or places like it at least) will stop existing, nor do I think there will ever be a point where AI is "the only thing we ever need for this fetish." The human element is important too, whether it's meeting people who are like you, appreciating a story/artwork because you know it was made by another person, or creating things you like and wanting to share them with others. The last thing I or anyone can do is predict the future though, so I'll just have to shrug and say "I don't know" ultimately.

All that said, I have dabbled in AI. Mostly story/RP writing rather than image generation. I can say that it's a poor second to reading a story someone wrote or roleplaying with a real person, and my interest in it fell off hard. I see potential in AI as a tool that can help people, but, as it stands right now, it seems to be replacing people instead without consideration for what happens to them, and the quality of the content it produces is still inferior. I feel like it always will be inferior since one of the main purposes of art is to express and share human experience, but I agree with Blah!? that the people who want to use AI will continue to, and I'm probably not going to change anybody's mind.

tl;dr: AI = bad

This is a really interesting topic. For me, I don't see it taking over, at least not in it's current form and capabilities. I've had a go with the stories and roleplays using it, even created a couple of my own characters, but the quality is nowhere near the same that you'd get from writing or roleplaying with an actual person.

From a personal perspective, it does at open up roleplaying to someone like me who is fairly shy and very, very rarely finds the courage to message someone to ask write or rp (much love to those who have kindly roleplayed/written with me in the past). If you're not willing to ask, then while ai roleplaying isn't great, it's perhaps preferable to not doing it at all.

Perhaps it's different for different kinds of content? I can understand and see the concern for artists who might otherwise have got a commission, and I can't pretend to know the answer there. My preference in this fetish is written stories/roleplays and, certainly in the latter, I'm not aware of paid for services in that area, so there at least, it isn't a either/or situation.

My concern is that we decry those who create content using AI - do we really want to ostracise people when our community is small enough already? If you're not naturally artistic, but have an ability to create meaningful content using AI, I'd perhaps consider that in itself to be a form of artistry. It'd take considerable effort to produce some of the pictures seen on this forum and elsewhere.  I'm not an artist, so I can't comment on relative effort levels between good AI content and more traditional forms, but to automatically write it off because it uses AI is maybe a little unfair? 

All this is just one person's opinion of course, and I'm far from feeling certain of my viewpoints with any of it! 

All in all, I think it's pretty bad. Not only is it bad for lacking the touch of a real person, the outcome, as of now, is lacking much when it comes to quality. When it comes to pictures, it always seems to me like the character is about to devour someone rather than sneeze. Facial expressions is something that AI seems to be struggling with, at least for now. As for stories, I agree with people who claim that it lacks soul. In my opinion, it can't compare to anything made by a real author. As someone who has some ability to write, I don't need it to create stories I like. It's different when it comes to drawing, since I can't draw to save my life. If there was a way to come up with more.... adequate(?) results using AI, perhaps I'd be using it to draw stuff I'd like to see, because that's an ability I wish I had.

Concerning the future of the fetish and the forum: Even if AI was so advanced I could've used it to create high-quality content tailor-made for me (even videos), it still couldn't replace the forum for me. Sharing something you created is one of the best things about being able to create and the forum allows you to do that with people who share your fetish. Having others (hopefully) enjoy my creations and getting their feedback is something that AI will never be able to replace. There's also the sense of community that comes with the forum, which is important to me. Finally, I would always be interested in seeing people's original creations. It's a whole world of potential that something computer-generated simply doesn't have.

I haven't used AI for much at all, more than to have it make me summaries for school stuff lol. But as far as this goes, I could only imagine that rping with AI would feel extremely flat. A big part of it for me is to create and share that experience with someone else. To be able to be creative together and decide where to take things, discuss character and story development and have the connection in writing something together. It is sososo fun and creative to continuously having to adapt to what someone else has written, and I guess AI could provide that feeling in a sense too, but I just feel like it wouldn't be the same to not have it be a real person I'm connecting with? Idk, it's also fun to sort of have that feeling of writing it for you and for the other person, sometimes when I'm proud of it I get this feeling of like: look at me!!! look at what I just came up with, and that would most certainly not feel the same if I didn't write with a real person. Also, the excitement of waiting for replies and anticipation of seeing where the other person choses to take the story??? That could never be the same. The sense of connecting and community is so important, so AI could never be a replacement for that for me.

But as some people have said, for us who cannot draw at all (like myself), it can be fun to play around and create images to make things come to life quickly that otherwise would take a lot of time to have commissioned (and honestly, I would probably not care enough about it to pay someone to draw something for me for a little RP) it can really add to the experience. But just as with the writing, having someone create something by themselves is so much better and it's incredible that people work on stuff and share it, so it's not comparable either. AI is different, and it can be a tool, but I don't think it will make the need of connecting with people through creativity and art disappear, at least I hope it won't. I think I can summarize me feelings like this: I don't hate it, but it's also not at all the same. But it can have certain uses. 

Although I personally dislike AI generated artwork (somehow the crudest pencil-drawn sneeze pic has a far greater effect on me than the most intricate and smooth AI image), I think it is probably early days for the medium and it will eventually become a tool to create another niche of sneeze content that we can choose to either engage with or not. So yes, it is not something I enjoy or engage with (both in artwork and fics), but I suspect it has its place and there are people who love it and the potential it offers.

I’m not interested in fetishy art, I never have been. But I am interested in hyper realistic scenarios created by AI. (E.g. telling a program to generate images of something specific, like young adult men sneezing into tissues or something like that). 

I have no idea which programs to use or how to go about doing that, however.