Sneeze Fetish Forum

Tips on how to blow my nose quieter?

Yep

Good morning all and Merry Christmas and Happy New Year (only saying it early because I am not sure if I will be online here during those days....lol).  

Anyways, I have been told quite a few times over the years that when I blow my nose, it is quite loud (loud enough to be heard on different floors (even through closed doors).  Personally, I don't think that my honking is THAT loud, but I digress.  

Well, as often as I blow my nose (at least 3-5 times per day EVERY day without a cold, usually with the first blow coming within the first 30-60 minutes after waking up and SO MUCH more with a cold or allergies), I have become quite self-conscious about my nose blowing.  Usually when I blow my nose, it starts off quite snotty and productive (blowing out of one nostril at a time), but then after looking after blowing (yes, I always look) and folding the tissue (usually Puffs Plus tissues) and blowing my nose again, that 2nd blow is usually where the loud honking comes in.  Oh, and did I mention that usually my blows can COMPLETELY soak one of those "soft and strong" tissues?  Yeah....I have issues....lol.

I have tried over the years to not honk, but it seems as though no matter how hard I try, I just can't seem to blow "softer" or "quieter".  I do feel relief (momentarily) after I blow my nose, so I have that going for me....lol.

Would anyone have any tips on how to be a little quieter when I blow my nose?  For those that are quieter nose blowers, how do you do it?  Is it the size of your nose that makes a difference or just a conscious choice?  My nose is a bit on the smaller size (I would think) with smaller nostrils.

Looking forward to hearing everyone's feedback!

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/24/2023 at 5:43 PM, Yep said:

For those that are quieter nose blowers, how do you do it?

Just put in less effort 😀

• 2 months later...

I’m sorry that some people have made you feel self-conscious about blowing your nose. It’s a natural thing everyone does at some point and from your description, it seems like your nose blows are fairly normal in terms of sound and wetness.

Nevertheless, off the top of my head, I suggest trying to blow one nostril at a time, not blowing it until the mucus is ready to leave your nose, using a hanky (this can help contain the wetness a lot better), and making the exhale as gradual as possible when blowing. 

• 2 weeks later...

The 2nd one is where I start honking too. If I'm around people I just come up with any excuse to walk away for a second and blow lol. Usually people don't notice

I'd also say 1 nostril at a time and a bit more gentle when blowing