Sneeze Fetish Forum

How to deal with sick parents

obsexion

So I'm at home for the holidays and I'll be here for a while and surprise surprise my father has a nasty cold and I'm going insane from how cringe and horrifying it is for me to witness it. So I'm curious, how do you all survive this? Because now I'm thinking, what if he passes it to my mother, I would literally die cause it's so disgusting and terrifying to see her sick for me, let alone sick, wet sneezes... omg I would rip my hair out. And what if I catch it and will have to go to family gatherings striving not to sneeze in front of them and being all disgusting from the runny nose 😭 Plus I have to study a lot cause I'm already so late for a deadline but when I'm sick I Iiterally can't do anything. I'm going insane you guys, all I hear are sniffles and sneezes and nose blowing and I wanna die every time, and then I know that there's a possibility that I could become that person and I won't have the opportunity to hide and be sick in peace because this is a week of relative visits and being social and I can't take it. Sorry if it's more of a rant, but if anyone has any advice it'll be more than welcome 🤗.

There is no easy way around this, because family members sneezing is the worst! Probably best to try and hide yourself away and study with a good pair of headphones on. I am sure I speak for the majority on here when I say I feel your pain :dead:

1 hour ago, NoV said:

There is no easy way around this, because family members sneezing is the worst! Probably best to try and hide yourself away and study with a good pair of headphones on. I am sure I speak for the majority on here when I say I feel your pain :dead:

I was on the verge of bursting my eardrums with rock music 💀🤙

Headphones and making up any excuse to stay as far apart as possible. Take walks and get fresh air, is one idea, makes the exposure to the viruses less heavy. It's a nightmare when you're already there and can't get out of it; I backed out of celebrating Christmas with my family this year because my sister was super sick and my mother was coming down with something too, probably the same thing because she just went there and spent time with them anyway. I was fully prepared to be guilt-tripped into participating, because just "I'd rather not get sick" isn't a valid reason to back out in my family. So I had to invent my own illness so I could back out by saying I didn't want to introduce even more illness to my sister's household especially not knowing what it was. They might have bullied me into it anyway but sis has a toddler with some asthma issues so they took it at face value. That ONLY worked because I wasn't already there. I can't even imagine the horror of being stuck in place with sick family members, for days. I mean, I can, because I've been there before when I lived with my parents, but I'd rather not think about it.

I understand the whole thing of not being able to do anything when sick too, I have the same issue. I can't focus on anything outside of how icky I feel, it's a complete sensory overload. I hope you dodge it. I don't really have anything more helpful to say but I agree with NoV, we feel your pain!! 

I'm so sorry!  As already mentioned, take breaks out of the house as much as you can get away with.  Noise cancelling headphones, wash your hands frequently.  And, no idea if it actually helps, but maybe Airborne or Emergen-C to boost your immune system?

Sorry you have to hear/see family sick, its aweful and I think most of us here completely understand.  Good luck avoiding it yourself!

thanks to you all! (happy new year 🎊)

I guess I'm lucky because no one in my family makes a production out of sneezing. They just get it over with.

Honestly see as little of them as possible when they’re sick, or try and block it out as much as possible. Sometimes easier said than done. 

• 2 weeks later...

Omg so I'm not the only one that hates this?? When my mother or father is sick I cringe so hard. I love them but like...no 😂😂😂😂