Sneeze Fetish Forum

Wishing I Could "Brag"

Likesn

One more thing to discuss and then I'm done for now.

I recently though about something that made me.... I don't know if "sad" is the word, maybe frustrated. You see, I've been writing fetishy stories for years now. Some of those stories were better than others, but I was pretty proud of myself for writing each and every one of them, even ones that weren't very well-received or that I liked less later. The thing is, my fetish is the only thing that motivates me to write. Over the years, I had many ideas for stories that weren't related to the fetish, but my drive to write them was pretty much zero. I don't regret not writing any of those ideas, but I do wish I could be open and tell people about the stories I did write. Obviously, the problem is they are all fetish stories. People in general don't talk about their fetishes or kinks, even ones that are much more widespread than ours, like foot-fetish. Maybe people who are into BDSM sometimes talk about it openly and even proudly, but that's about the only example I can think of and even that one is rare. The point is, there's this whole side of me that's very creative and passionate and I don't feel comfortable sharing it with people IRL. I wish it was like a hobby that I could talk about when going on dates, meeting new friends, maybe even during job interviews. This fetish (and most fetishes actually) is pretty harmless and also it has the amazing bonus of having an actual community that is very supportive and wholesome (not talking about the occasional creeps who ruin it for the rest of us), but because it's (for most people) a sexual thing it's still not socially acceptable to talk about it openly. I feel like life could've been much happier (for me at least, but I think for others as well) if we could celebrate this fetish openly.

There. Just had to get this rant out. Any thoughts?

My major thought is that I 100% agree, especially about the writing!

I used to write a lot of non-fetish things, but for the past years (it's almost closer to a decade now in fact) I've almost exclusively written sneezefics. I'm glad that I've at least kept writing, because without it I might have given up writing altogether, but I want to get back into writing things that I can actually show people when they ask what the fuck I do with my days. :rolleyes: 

I wouldn't want the fetish to be wider recogised just so I can share fics I write for myself or other fetishists for sexual gratification (even if not all fics I write are things I get off to myself, sometimes it's just an idea that my brain demands that I write but the scenario is something that could only work in these circles lol), I still feel like that's too private to share widely even if it were accepted. But sometimes I look at something I've written that I'm actually proud of and go "damn, I wish I could channel that wordsmithing energy and motivation into writing the stories that would have a wider audience." My writing outside of the sneeze kink circles is a completely different genre, too. I'd like to go back to that genre and see if my intense sneezefic writing has improved my overall writing even there. :lol: 

But yeah, I agree with the core sentiment. ^_^ I'm more confident now (she says, shaking every time she posts a new fic) so I think at this point I might actually have the guts to share my (regular) writing with people, and it sucks that I can't just whip out any of the fics I've written that I'm pleased with. :lol: 

I agree! I still say to people that I like to write though and that I do it a lot, but if people asks to see it I just say it's private and for me. Most people accept that, and if they don't then that's their problem honestly. I have written stuff that is not fetish related, but most of it was written a long time ago and not really something I want to show bc it's just not that good haha. I write the occasional poem too, and those I can share with people, but still it's extremely vulnerable. Like, I write for me and it's a very intimate thing to pour parts of yourself into words, and when I say that I find most people just thinks it's cool. People who draw or make music don't necessarily show that to people, but it's still a hobby they have that they can talk about. But it would be very cool to have writing that I'm proud of that I could show to people and be like: look I made this!! I can actually write stuff!! I don't just stare at my computer inside all day. Maybe for another day!! I still have this childhood dream of mine to actually write a proper story and have it be published, but we'll see about that haha. As of right now, most of my writing is in English (not my first language and it's very challenging sometimes but great fun), so for the actual proper story to ever be happening I would probably have to go back and try to type in my native language again. Maybe some day!! 

Yeah, I share your view. I think it's a quirk that could be compared to other fun facts about people that are not sexually related but still kinda weird. It's a unique thing that could lead to interesting conversations with people that do not know about this, but the sexual component is very awkward for today's society, I guess, so here we are...hiding

I've been a dumb blabber mouth and poured my heart out about my obsession with sneezes to too many girls, and I'm out here in NY tryna pursue a theatre career, so I have this sinking feeling that one day someone is gonna yap and it's gonna be a big headline. Assuming I attain the success I'm looking for. It's basically tearing me apart but I have to put it out of my mind and just hope that if it does come out, I can all of a sudden be open about it. I would have no problem talking about it to random people but idk how I'd ever face my family again.

I haven’t written a lot of fics, sneezefics or otherwise, but I’ve written a lot of blog posts that haven’t seen the light of day because I didn’t have the courage to share them. (Many of them are about my mental health struggles.)

What makes it more difficult, is my unique surname, which is directly traceable to my kids because my surname is their middle name.

So a few years ago, I finally decided to bite the bullet and start a blog on medium.com under a pseudonym. It went really well for a short time, until everything came crashing down when my Dad was admitted to aged care and my Mum got a terminal diagnosis.

I’ve only just started preparing to take it up again.

Anyway, I guess what I’m trying to say is, I get what it’s like to pour your heart into writing something, to find it hard to share it with others, and then when someone asks about your writing, you’re kind of torn about whether to tell them or not.

You are all incredibly courageous to have shared your writing with us, and I know I’m not the only one on the forum who worked up the courage to make an account after lurking for ages, just so I could leave feedback on a story I really loved. Thank you again @SexualOddity

I know some people frown on leaving a comment for a post that’s years old, but if it’s a story, you never know; it could be ten years after you’ve written it, then someone reads it and comments on it because it really made their day/week/year.

It may feel like you’re shouting into the void, but there’s heaps of us lurking who don’t yet have to courage to respond. If there’s hope for us oldies who dare to bite the bullet and sign up, there’s always hope!

5 hours ago, ALSF said:

I've been a dumb blabber mouth and poured my heart out about my obsession with sneezes to too many girls, and I'm out here in NY tryna pursue a theatre career, so I have this sinking feeling that one day someone is gonna yap and it's gonna be a big headline. Assuming I attain the success I'm looking for. It's basically tearing me apart but I have to put it out of my mind and just hope that if it does come out, I can all of a sudden be open about it. I would have no problem talking about it to random people but idk how I'd ever face my family again.

Oh man, I feel your pain. I know what it's like to pour your heart out to people and regret it later, though I've never done so when it comes to my fetish. I'm sorry that it happened to you and I hope you have a successful career, unaffected by past confessions about this harmless fetish.