Sneeze Fetish Forum

Favorite class you ever took?

1a2b3d4c5

I’m a college student, and last year I took a Greek and Roman history class that I absolutely loved. It has nothing to do with my degree but the prof was super engaging and I felt like I learned a ton without it seeming like work. 
I’m interested to hear any awesome classes people took in school (and maybe get some ideas for electives next year).

One elective I really liked was art history from ancient times to medieval time. Learning the different styles and how they evolved throughout time was really interesting

My university had a class about sex that truly felt like a fever dream the whole time. Each day was a diff topic, kinks, sex workers, female pleasure, male pleasure, how to use sex toys, etc. It was as fun as you can imagine. hell yea liberal arts uni

8 hours ago, milksteak said:

One elective I really liked was art history from ancient times to medieval time. Learning the different styles and how they evolved throughout time was really interesting

That’s a good idea, and it would probably go well with having done a bit of ancient history. My school does have a few of those so I’ll check that out! 

6 hours ago, Melody said:

My university had a class about sex that truly felt like a fever dream the whole time. Each day was a diff topic, kinks, sex workers, female pleasure, male pleasure, how to use sex toys, etc. It was as fun as you can imagine. hell yea liberal arts uni

Wow that must have been something! I’d probably be super uncomfortable the whole time but I bet you’d learn a lot.

I definitely preferred the social science type subjects to maths, science etc. Really enjoyed politics and history.

My favourite was probably an introductory course to social anthropology though. I never did pursue it further than that but it was really interesting. 

Definitely a nutrition class I took, among a few others. It also had nothing to do with my degree, but I find myself referring back to that class since graduating more than any other. I was already decently knowledgeable and interested in nutrition to begin with, but this class really hit it home for me. In fact, I think if I ever went back to school and changed paths, I might go for something nutrition related! The professor who taught the class really encouraged having a healthy relationship with food, and even more, one that doesn’t restrict from some of the foods a lot of us like to indulge in. Viewing food in terms of the energy vs nutrients it provides, which are both important, instead of viewing everything as “healthy” versus “unhealthy.” It feels like a natural habit now for me to be mindful about my choices, while still allowing space for the more indulgent foods I enjoy. It’s been more important than ever for me too, since a year or two after the class, I was diagnosed with a condition that requires me to be conscious of my choices. It’s really come full circle for me, haha. 

On 1/16/2024 at 9:03 PM, SnzDreams said:

Definitely a nutrition class I took, among a few others. It also had nothing to do with my degree, but I find myself referring back to that class since graduating more than any other. I was already decently knowledgeable and interested in nutrition to begin with, but this class really hit it home for me. In fact, I think if I ever went back to school and changed paths, I might go for something nutrition related! The professor who taught the class really encouraged having a healthy relationship with food, and even more, one that doesn’t restrict from some of the foods a lot of us like to indulge in. Viewing food in terms of the energy vs nutrients it provides, which are both important, instead of viewing everything as “healthy” versus “unhealthy.” It feels like a natural habit now for me to be mindful about my choices, while still allowing space for the more indulgent foods I enjoy. It’s been more important than ever for me too, since a year or two after the class, I was diagnosed with a condition that requires me to be conscious of my choices. It’s really come full circle for me, haha. 

Interesting! I’m actually in a nutrition class right now. I haven’t particularly enjoyed the first couple weeks, but I’m hoping it’ll get more interesting once we get some of the introductory stuff out of the way. I definitely think it’s important to learn since it applies to our whole lives! 

2 hours ago, 1a2b3d4c5 said:

Interesting! I’m actually in a nutrition class right now. I haven’t particularly enjoyed the first couple weeks, but I’m hoping it’ll get more interesting once we get some of the introductory stuff out of the way. I definitely think it’s important to learn since it applies to our whole lives! 

Neat! I hope you’re able to get something out of it like I was able to! 

My favorite random electives, neither of which had anything to do with my major, were Primatology and Satire. For Primatogy, I got to spend many hours hanging out at my local zoo, observing Black and White Colobus monkeys. They felt like family by the end of the semester.

I absolutely love satire, so that was so much fun for me. We read and analyzed satirical works throughout history, and I also wrote my own mini-satire, which was a blast. (And my professor was cool, and didn't mind my twisted sense of humor 🫠)

Edited by gingerdean
Oops

My favorite class actually led me to pursue adding the subject to my degree! Seeing as how it is kind of a niche thing and I've got 3 more years, I'm not going to get too into the details, but I think it's really cool and fun. I took an intro to floristry class last semester and I loved it. It allows me to be really creative, something my stem major is otherwise lacking in. Honestly it's also kind of a fallback plan now just in case something happens and I fail out of school lol.

18 hours ago, gingerdean said:

My favorite random electives, neither of which had anything to do with my major, were Primatology and Satire. For Primatogy, I got to spend many hours hanging out at my local zoo, observing Black and White Colobus monkeys. They felt like family by the end of the semester.

I absolutely love satire, so that was so much fun for me. We read and analyzed satirical works throughout history, and I also wrote my own mini-satire, which was a blast. (And my professor was cool, and didn't mind my twisted sense of humor 🫠)

That sounds so interesting! I don’t think my school offers those courses, there’s no zoo close enough 😂

14 hours ago, pinkypie said:

My favorite class actually led me to pursue adding the subject to my degree! Seeing as how it is kind of a niche thing and I've got 3 more years, I'm not going to get too into the details, but I think it's really cool and fun. I took an intro to floristry class last semester and I loved it. It allows me to be really creative, something my stem major is otherwise lacking in. Honestly it's also kind of a fallback plan now just in case something happens and I fail out of school lol.

That’s so cool! I’m also in stem and I always like taking some sort of non-stem class each semester as an elective. It’s nice to do something different that’s just fun and interesting, and it helps break up all the science 😅

My favorite class in college was a single credit astronomy lab. I remember the first class some of the other students were freaking out about ufos in the sky and I'm just like "Um guys? You do realize there's a small airport right near here? Those are planes." 😂

Unfortunately the class only met one night a week and half the time it was raining, so there wasn't much opportunity to actually use the telescopes, but on those nights we'd have interesting lectures indoors, sometimes even on the subject of aliens and ufos. I think it was the only class that I ever stayed after class to keep chatting with the professor just because I was enjoying the subject so much. In hindsight, I hope I wasn't annoying him given that it was a nighttime class and he probably wanted to go home.

My favorite course I’ve taken was during this past spring semester: Intro to Philosophy. I was already interested in theories of humanity and consciousness, but my professor brought the content into a new light. Amazing, amazing, person who even took a group of us out to brunch in the local area. I made my best effort to go to every single class that semester, and I came out of the experience with so many newfound curiosities to dive deeper into.

And because I may as well, I witnessed him sneeze once. Our lecture hall was medium sized, with large blackboards and a lectern up front. I had a specific seat in the very center of the room I would always choose (I’m particular about the angle in which I take in my surroundings in order to learn). One day, I walked in the doors and past my professor talking to another student before walking up the steps to my seat. I sat down, removed my over-ear headphones, and glanced upwards at the front. My professor had briefly paused the sentence he was in the middle of and his face and body away, tucking himself into his elbow. The sneeze was harsh, but it sounded satisfying and relieving. He turned back around, recovering, and excused himself before continuing his conversation. I believe the student blessed him and he smiled with a small thanks in response.

I never went to college/university but if I would, I'd choose gender studies and english literature. 

• 2 weeks later...

My favorite class was meant to be an elective and one i didn't even know my school at the time offered. It was 2020 so we couldn't have band class for what I hope is very obvious reasons. So anyone in band was suddenly left without their elective and had to quickly be assigned a new one. I got put into a class called "History of The Beatles" and not only was that class great because not only was 80% of it just obviously learning the history of The Beatles but the other 20% was spent listening to their music and it was a fantastic introduction to them as someone who nothing about them prior to that class. That class did make a bit of a monster though because I'm autistic and quickly latched onto it and now The Beatles are one of my biggest special interests 😭

My favorite class I ever took definitely has to be my Philosophy Class. I learned so many interesting things I never knew about the Human mind, and it has definitely changed my perspective on how I view human interaction and thought. It was hard, but very rewarding in terms of what I learned.

• 2 weeks later...

The best class I took until now has to be quantum computing.

Because I had a very good teacher and the subject felt like an intriguing mystery (and still does😂)

But next semester I probably will take foundamentals of neuroscience and it could be even better.