Sneeze Fetish Forum

Anyone else realizes that men are more sneezy than women are?

Sneeze lover

From my observation I’ve came to realize that men sneeze more than women do. I’ve mostly only heard or seen men sneeze in public rarely do I ever see or hear a woman sneeze in public. Even at school I’ve only heard the male professors sneeze and never the female professors and it’s the same for the students as well male students tend to sneeze more often than female students do.  Anyone else realizes this too?

Edited by Sneeze lover
  • Sneeze lover changed the title to Anyone else realizes that men are more sneezy than women are?

I think like most things in life men are more obnoxiously confident and possibly that includes with sneezing too. More likely to sneeze loudly than women who will maybe try to be discreet.

thats my theory based on.. absolutely nothing!

7 hours ago, TartanSneezer said:

I think like most things in life men are more obnoxiously confident and possibly that includes with sneezing too. More likely to sneeze loudly than women who will maybe try to be discreet.

thats my theory based on.. absolutely nothing!

I agree with this! It may also have to do with the area you live in whether or not it is an allergy prone area but I did a quick little google search and found this "In another study of 14 million blood tests, it was concluded that men exhibit higher sensitivity to 11 common allergens" and then it lists the allergens, including mold and ragweed. It also does say that in adolesence, boys are more likely to have allergies however women outnumber men with allergies once in adulthood. All that being said, I think Tartan's original statement is generally correct. Men are more likely to sneeze loudly and obnoxiously, which can be heard from farther away and you're more likely to remember a loud obnoxious display, rather than a reserved or silent display. 

Here's the article I found. https://www.caageorgia.com/about-us/blog/2021/may/do-men-suffer-from-allergies-more-than-women-/#:~:text=However%2C when females enter young,Ragweed

An old school teacher who was nearing retirement told me that "Girls are not meant to be heard when they sneeze". 😅

4 hours ago, ConstantlySneezing said:

An old school teacher who was nearing retirement told me that "Girls are not meant to be heard when they sneeze". 😅

If he was serious, he was an idiot! :banging:

@ConstantlySneezing Welcome back! 👋

It's just confirmation bias / frequency illusion. I like women's sneezes so I notice them and remember them. From my perspective women sneeze way more than men.

Edited by Shining Light

I only like female sneezing and yet I see men sneezing more than women. Which is ironic because I see girls cough more than they sneeze, even in anime. This really freaks me out!

From what I've noticed, it seems more guys don't really care about sneezing in public in comparison to the women. I'm sure there are a lot of sneezy ladies out there but they'd rather be discreet. When I'm out in public I always hear men sneeze in grocery stores, movie theaters, etc. but you never really hear loud ones from women that often! It really is interesting to think about. 

I’m a lady that would prefer to hear male sneezes… but end up hearing faaaaar more female sneezes. 

You have to take into account your regular environment. Example: I work in an office with women being the majority .. so if that’s who I’m around, that’s likely who I’m going to experience sneeze more.  

Also as an individual, each of our individual sample sizes of experiences are sooooo small compared to the general population to draw any meaningful conclusions from! 

I have worked mainly in offices with large amounts of workers for many years and have experienced both men and women sneezing.

I think it seems to be about equal based on anecdotal observations over the years. 

I have had many co-workers who were women who sneeze in lower-volume fits, that only people with-in a close proxmity to experience. There was a woman in her 50s where I worked who sneezed usually 10-15 times and they were very quiet and rapid but all sounded exactly the same. There was also a woman where I worked in her 20s who sneezed 3 to 7 times usually every hour at work. There are certainly some very sneezey women out there.

Just based on my observation, though it seems like a fairly high percentage of men who have strong seasonal allergies and ignore them that are quite strong and have strong sneezes that one can hear from a much larger area.

Many women I have worked with over the years seem to sneeze based on a routine throughout the year for some reason. More often with guys, one never knows. So many men I worked with have gone from no sneezing for months to being big sneezers and they don't even know they have allergies.

I have worked with men in the Spring-time before but not recently, who really think it's just a cold when it's one-hundred percent obvious that it's a guy with allergies.

Edited by colorado198219

i feel like the sneezes i want to hear are the ones i hear/ see less often but idk

On 1/17/2024 at 1:36 AM, pinkypie said:

I agree with this! It may also have to do with the area you live in whether or not it is an allergy prone area but I did a quick little google search and found this "In another study of 14 million blood tests, it was concluded that men exhibit higher sensitivity to 11 common allergens" and then it lists the allergens, including mold and ragweed. It also does say that in adolesence, boys are more likely to have allergies however women outnumber men with allergies once in adulthood. All that being said, I think Tartan's original statement is generally correct. Men are more likely to sneeze loudly and obnoxiously, which can be heard from farther away and you're more likely to remember a loud obnoxious display, rather than a reserved or silent display. 

Here's the article I found. https://www.caageorgia.com/about-us/blog/2021/may/do-men-suffer-from-allergies-more-than-women-/#:~:text=However%2C when females enter young,Ragweed

Many females won't develop allergies until they are pubescent, so in pre-pubescent kids , hayfever is more common in boys. But by high school age it should be even. 

Also, estrogen makes females more likely to have severe allergies than males. So the degree of sneeziness is more likely to be higher in women...my allergies were always more coughing than sneezing, though. 

On 1/17/2024 at 4:07 PM, kiku said:

Hi @Barbie ! 👋

@kiku how are ya? 

Hi @Barbie I'm fine, thanks, I hope you are too. 👋 😊

As for the topic here, I - as for myself - have never realized a difference in sneeziness between men and women. But I've read somewhere (here in the forum???) that many women have a tendency to stifle their sneezes which makes the tickle stronger so their noses are triggered to sneeze more... that would make sense to me. 👃

In my experience people of all genders sneeze very little save for some individuals. I agree with the people who've comented "confirmation bias" here.

16 hours ago, Juniebee said:

Many females won't develop allergies until they are pubescent, so in pre-pubescent kids , hayfever is more common in boys. But by high school age it should be even. 

Also, estrogen makes females more likely to have severe allergies than males. So the degree of sneeziness is more likely to be higher in women...my allergies were always more coughing than sneezing, though. 

Ahhh that explains why the sneezes seemed worse at beginning of every monthly cycle when I was younger. I dreaded that soooo much. To the point of wanting to stay home from school, work or anything which took me out of the house out of my comfort zone.

5 hours ago, kathleenh4656 said:

Ahhh that explains why the sneezes seemed worse at beginning of every monthly cycle when I was younger. I dreaded that soooo much. To the point of wanting to stay home from school, work or anything which took me out of the house out of my comfort zone.

I took a peak at your profile, and you're a bit older than me. I have kind of a niche fascination with older allergy treatments. Were there not as many medications, so if you couldn't get shots, you just had to be unwell? 

Exactly. My folks couldn't afford shots or may have thought they were unnecessary.

Mom was allergic to acacia and there was a large tree beside our house, in Berkeley, CA. I believe I am too, but I don't see any acacia trees in Virginia. May be Oak or Ash. Whatever has bright yellow pollen in Spring/Summer.

26 minutes ago, kathleenh4656 said:

Exactly. My folks couldn't afford shots or may have thought they were unnecessary.

1 hour ago, Juniebee said:

I took a peak at your profile, and you're a bit older than me. I have kind of a niche fascination with older allergy treatments. Were there not as many medications, so if you couldn't get shots, you just had to be unwell? 

@Junibee, medications like name brand Benedryl tend to upset my stomach, so I'll try something different in Spring, maybe testing and shots. The effect also wears off if used too often.

27 minutes ago, kathleenh4656 said:

@Junibee, medications like name brand Benedryl tend to upset my stomach, so I'll try something different in Spring, maybe testing and shots. The effect also wears off if used too often.

I found Benedryl knocked me out as a kid. Thank God for newer medications, although I had mostly a sore throat and eye symptoms, with not as much sneezing.  I had heard some people just got shots as children, but people didn't always take non-life threatening allergies ( like, not asthma) as seriously as they do now. 

Edited by Juniebee

The allergies seemed to have morphed over the years as well, now they include different foods and some meat, instead of just pollen. So far I'm doing alright for a Lyme disease survivor. FYI: Lyme disease does not have sneezing as a symptom.