Sneeze Fetish Forum

'I think of you'

Skylacticon

Hey. 😌 So last night I had this passing concept that sort of came in strange poetic lines like, 'your love makes me sick' or 'allergic to sentiment'. I don't know - in this, it seems like it's the extreme low temperature that makes them sneeze. But if you want, you could picture what they're thinking of has some sort of relation.

xxxx

-

I narrow my eyes against the bright lights and keep watch for the bus. Each breath is cold against the roof of my mouth. I’m shivering. My hands buried in the pockets of my coat.

I think of you. I think of your apartment, and the way I’d immediately throw on one of your sweaters when I arrive. I think of your arms around me, and by some contrary force, my body gets colder. As another wind passes, and take a deep breath, exhaling through chattering teeth.

I become antsy. My face feels like it’s frozen, and my nose is dripping. It feels numb - so cold, that I can’t even sniffle right. My sensitive sinuses are brushed by the next sharp breath of the cold outdoor air. And I think of the times that you’ve silently pulled a soft, burgundy bandana from your pocket, and offered it to me. I’m the type to start sneezing when the weather is cold and generally fluctuating. The smell of fresh rain can make me sneeze, and the changes in weather always seem to catch me off guard. But you’ve been with me long enough to know how it goes, and you’d be right there, ready with a spare handkerchief.

“…. *hsnrf!*”

But today, you had a doctor’s appointment.

I sniffle again, hard. The cool air both stings and numbs my sensitive nose at the same time. I wince a little, and sigh softly, wondering when the bus is going to come. I check the screen above. Six minutes. Alright, six minutes is nothing.

…Oh, my nose.

It’s lost all feeling except - cold, it seems. I try to sniffle, but I can’t tell if it’s actually moving anything. I sniffle again, hard, beginning to feel moisture running down my upper lip.

Did I bring any tissues?

Imagining the feel of the soft fabric of one of your hankies against my frozen nose, seems to make my nose run even more. God… I need a tissue.

I unzip the front pocket of my bag, remembering that I’d left a couple of napkins in there. As my hands are searching, my insufferable nose isn’t having it. It’s beginning to itch, the stinging cold setting into my poor, sensitive sinuses.

“*snnrff!* …. *hsnnrfff!!*”

I imagine that if you were here, you’d put a warm hand on my hitching frame, holding one of those soft, folded cloths in my peripheral vision.

“h-huHht… hh…. hEDj’zZSSCHHIUHHh!!”

Oh god. Oh god, oh god.

“*sddrff!!* ohh… *snnrgk!*”

And you’d say bless you, and the warm hand would be rubbing circles on my back.

I sniffle messily, thanking god that no one else is on this side of the bus terminal. Especially since I have to sneeze again.

You’re aware that I often don’t sneeze just once. Oh no. When something sets me off, it’s not unusual for me to have to do so quite a few times. I’d blush, apologizing for my overreacting system through itchy, rapid sneezes. Luckily they weren’t too loud, otherwise I’d probably attract a lot more attention.

I don’t know what it is with my sinuses. God, maybe I should take your advice, and-

“heht'AASCHHhiuu!!”

-see a doctor.

Blinking teary eyes, I exhale wearily. I’d finally managed to pull the napkins from the front pocket of my bag. Carefully, I wipe my cold, flushed nose, and pinch the folded napkin over my nose.

For a bit, I pant through my mouth.

I attempt to blow my nose. The satisfaction of it is debatable. I feel congested, but that might just be the cold freezing my face. The napkin is somewhat damp, but it’s still hard to breathe through my nose.

I look at the screen again. Three minutes.

I’ve always wondered how accurate these wait times were. Having seen the numbers flip back and forth in real time, it tends to be anyone’s guess, up in this region.

I imagine your warmth.

“… *snddrff!*”

I think of how one time, you surprised me with hot chocolate when I got home,

“hHeh… hh’rRRESSCHHhiuh!!”

And we sat snuggled up on the couch, me in your hoodie you left hanging on the railing,

“-huHt’AASSCHhieww! *snrk* hih-!”

And I fell asleep in your arms, exhausted, but finally warm.

“h-HAHdt’EEISSCHHIUHhh-!!”

“…unhh, *sddrff!*”

I raise the folded napkin and blow my nose, forcefully, as it’s still a bit numb. I sniff gently and let out a soft sigh, which vaporizes into the chilly air.

Finally, a long vehicle turns the corner, bearing the number that I’ve been waiting for. I breathe a small sigh of relief, and sniffle, raising the folded napkin to wipe my drippy nose. It doesn’t look like many are aboard. Maybe I’ll be able to find a seat. As the bus slows down by the terminal, a memory of you hits me.

You and me, in a crowded bus. One of your handkerchiefs clutched tightly to the lower half of my face. Thoughts of guilt and embarrassment running through my head. Your arm was around me, and held onto me as the bus occasionally jerked to a stop.

I sniffle, quite liquidly. I step into the bus, the inside of which is blissfully warm. As predicted, I find a seat by the window, and pull the second napkin from my pocket. My nose has gotten drippy again, slowly regaining its feeling.

In that memory, you stood as we rode the bus, holding onto a metal pole while I took the next available seat.

“*snNNrk!*…” Oh, gosh…

In that memory, the texture of your lovely tartan handkerchief is very slightly tickling my ultra-sensitive nose, and I am using it to pinch my nose, trying desperately to stop sneezing.

I rub my nose with the folded napkin, the material rough against my runny nose.

But it’s burning, urgently, becoming unbearable and impossible to hold in.

“hh-heihHt’ESSSCHHIEWWw!! ... *snrk* ... g'hh..."

My nose is no longer frozen. In fact, it’s quite hot, causing a thin stream of mucus to run down my upper lip.

You were talking to me gently about the shops and the restaurants that were passing by in the bus windows.

“*snnNrk!* …hnhh….”

The shops and restaurants that we chose to zoom by on a bus rather than walking, as I couldn’t go three steps without sneezing. As I wearily rubbed your soft handkerchief against my allergic nose, I listened to stories of when you were a kid. I learned where you tried horchata for the first time, and could never find a place with a horchata recipe just as good. I learned that there’s a music store near the pizza parlour that repaired one of your guitars for free.

“*snrff!*” I close my eyes and press the napkin against my trembling nose.

When the bus reached our stop, you kissed me on the forehead and helped me get off.

“aAAERSSCHHIEW!! -EEISSCHhh!!”

Goodness. I rub my warm, flushed nostrils.

I step out of the bus, back into the brisk chill of the night. The wind bites at my cheeks. I sniffle thickly. My nasal passages are tingling, thrown off easily by the change in temperature. A few seconds into the relatively short, but freezing walk towards your apartment, my nose starts to sting and drip again. I sniffle liquidly, blinking back moisture welling in my eyes.

I feel so tired of this brutal season.

But I can’t wait to be at home with you.

“….. hhaHt’EEISSCHHIUHhh-!! …*snrgk* ohh…”

THIS WAS INCREDIBLE! 
My oh my, just an exquisite read full of delicious details and an amazing concept very greatly executed! You get all the fire emojis just dropping this gem on us! 

I love this idea so much!! I would be cool to see what they’re like around their so!

• 2 weeks later...

Heyo~ Thought I'd revisit this one. Thanks so much for the sweet comments. ❤️ 

On 2/2/2024 at 7:15 PM, nyeee said:

I love this idea so much!! I would be cool to see what they’re like around their so!

Let's see. I imagine much misery, but also with much caretaking involved. Here goes.

-

You open the door and greet me with a kiss. As I take off my coat, you notice my rosy red nose, which is still tingly enough to cause my eyes to water. Your hand is nice and warm on my back, firmly running up and down to generate heat. You watch as I pause, blinking my teary eyes. I scrunch up my nose, my poor, sore sinuses barely able to handle the change in temperature. I try to keep it in, at least until after I’m able to take off my coat….

“*hsnnrff!* hnhh…”

"You okay?" you ask, your hands already moving to feel your pants pockets.

“Uhhb… *sdrff!* Yeah, just… *sddrffh!*”

I turn my head away and sniffled again hard, feeling my nose start to drip. I tried to move faster, tugging at the sleeves of my coat. As you moved a hand to steady me by my shoulder, I’d finally managed to remove my coat. After setting it aside, I hurriedly raised the crook of my arm and let out a rather exclaimed, desperate sneeze.

“h-huHhdt’TCHIEWWw!!”

Oof. Not to mention, wet.

“*snnnrgk!*… *hsnnrk!*”

I blink, a bit dazed, and sniffle thickly several times.

“Bless you, poor thing,” you kept your gentle hand on my frame, rubbing comfortingly.

In your other hand, you offer me the soft, burgundy bandana. Struck with relief, I suck in another sharp gasp, as my nose gives a ticklish twinge. My fingers close around the cloth, and I hurry to bury my nose in the cool folds.

“hh’Thahh- hih-! … th-thagk- hHAAESSCHHIEWw!!”

“Bless you,” you hum, running a warm hand over my back.

“-hd'zZZSSCHHhioo!!”

“Bless you.” You kiss me on the forehead.

I rub my nose fiercely with the cloth, feeling the itch flare up in my sinuses. It’s tickling so badly that my eyes grow bleary, and my nose stings. I gasp and hitch, glancing around for somewhere to sit. Gently, you guide me over to the couch.

“Here, come on… sit down, take a breath.”

“Sorry, I cad’t seeb to stop sdeeh… *snrk!* hh’sdeehH- hh-! Huhh’dDSSCHHIEWW!!! *snrff!* ...sdeezig.”

“It’s okay, just sneeze,” you say delicately, and rub a hand on my thigh. I rub my nose with the cloth. “Temperatures this week are crazy low, you must be freezing.” I nod. “Oh, guess what I got- Oh dear, bless you… Guess what I got from the store?”

As you were speaking, I’d let out a rather satisfying, explosive sneeze into the hanky. I sigh, winded, and keep rubbing my red nose through the cloth. I blink my teary eyes and turned to look at what you’re holding. A box of Puffs lotion tissues. I turn and cough a small chuckle, my eyelids fluttering and my sore, red nostrils flaring insistently.

“Wow, you’re… *snnrff!* Ugh, you’re a’d adgel,” I mumble wearily, still massaging my nose through the soft cloth. “I’b sorry, I-“ My sensitive sinuses are burning, my breath beginning to hitch involuntarily. “hh’I thigk I’b- huhh-!” My red nose twinges. “Hih! Thigk I’b caahH-hatchig a cold. *sdrf!* I've beed feelig so sdeezy lately…”

“I know. Poor thing,” you breathe, lightly running a hand over my back. “I made some soup.”

As the words leave your lips, my breath halts with a strong urge to sneeze.

“It’s beef noodle.”

I snuffle thickly, wrinkling my nose. “Oh, that sou’ds… *hsnnrk!* that sou’ds dice...”

“I added some seaweed,” You grin and hold up a pack of salted seaweed bits and sesame seeds. One of my favourite snacks, I can’t believe you remembered.

But it’s a bit difficult to respond- “hihh… hiH-!” I press the hanky against my twitching nostrils.

“If you want, I can boil eggs, for protein.”

“Yeah, go ahead…” I nod, my eyes narrowing, anticipating another bout of sneezes.

I was barely able to follow your words, baffled by the sudden unbearable urge to sneeze. Soup sounds amazing right now. I feel so congested and chilly.

“HAAESSCHHhhieww!!!” I sneeze again, violently, into the soft folds of the hanky.

“Bless you!”

“HAATSCHhhiew!! Oh, excuse be…”

“Bless you, baby.”

*snrgk!* Ohh…” I rub my troublesome nose with the cloth, and sniffle hard. After a brief pause, I let out a winded sigh. “Thagks.”

A gentle kiss on my cheek pulls me delicately from the miserable daze, and I look over as you get up to go to the kitchen. I stay put on the couch, gently rubbing my itchy, sore nose with the cool fabric of your bandana. The buzzing itch in my nasal passages slowly begins to ease up a little, making it easier to breathe. While you cook, I lean back, pinching the bridge of my nose. After a bit, I sniff gently, and sit up. Slowly, I stand, and wander over to the kitchen.

“So, how was your day?” I ask softly.

Your warm gaze meet mine over the kitchen counter. “It was alright. They’re starting construction along Main Street,” you pause, frowning. I grin sympathetically. “So, that’s been a change. But uh, yeah, it was good. Slow day.”

“Yeah?”

“Yeah…” Your expression quirks with a small grin. “There was this one girl who came in looking for glossy top coat paint, and she said she was head painter on a show that has giant candy and lollipops as part of their set, and I was like, holy shit that’s cool…”

I snuffle gently, and look over. “…What show?”

“Um- something Candyland related?”

“Oh, I rebe’ber that gabe, *sddrff!*”

Memories of the board game began to surface. It was one we used to play in my childhood home. I begin to think of the times you’d come around and stay for dinner. I’m pretty sure my little sister asked you to play it with her before.

“…*snnrk!*” I raise a curled knuckle to rub my nose. Quietly, my expression shifts - my jaw slackens, and my eyes begin to narrow.

“You okay?” You ask gently.

I sniffle wetly, blinking teary eyes. “B’ fide. *sdrf!*” I relax a little and breathe out. “I thigk I’b godda lie dowd.”

“You still cold?”

“Yeah…” I look away towards the living room. I need to sneeze. But it’s not here just yet. I can feel it coming.

“Here, why don’t you put on my sweater?” you say, pulling your arms from the sleeves of the large, warm garment.

I turn eagerly as you come nearer with the cardigan. The urge to sneeze is still looming, and I try to resist it, closing my eyes and pressing the soft, damp bandana over my nose.

“hH’GXNNnn!!-nhhh….” I smother it desperately, a small, pained noise escaping as I breathe out shakily into the cloth.

“Bless you,” you say softly, brushing my hair from my face. “Don’t stifle, you’ll give yourself a headache.”

“I kdow, I… *snrk!* I dod’t wadda- hg’TCHHIEWW!! *snrk!* …sdeeze od you. Ugh, sorry.”

“It’s okay,” you exhale more than say, and I can hear your lips form the words with you this close.

I can’t help it. The itchy sensation just won’t go away. As you drape the heavy, woollen sweater around my shoulders, I shiver faintly into the embrace of your body heat, and give in to a series of ticklish sneezes into the damp cloth.

“hUHt’ISSCHHh!! -aht’CHIEWW!! huhh… aaAAh'EESSCHHiuhh!! *snnrgk!* Oohh… hih-! ISSCHHiuhh!! ughh… *hsnnrk!*”

“Bless you,” you repeat, running a comforting hand over my back.

“AAEESSCHHhiuh!! *snrk* Thagks,” I pull a hand away from my face and put it through the sleeve you hold ready for me. I return the hand to my face and do the same with the other.

The bandana is now quite wet, and I lower it cautiously. I sniffle thickly, folding it before tucking it away into my pants pocket.

“You want any soup before you lie down?” you ask gently, after a bit.

I’m unsure if I can properly eat anything right now. But I haven’t eaten since lunch, and that was several hours ago. And it’s really nice, that you cooked. I pull the long sleeves of your cardigan over my icy hands.

“Ub, baybe a little, *sngk!*”

The cuff of the cardigan falls down my forearm as I raise a curled knuckle to rub my nose. You stroke my back again gently, and turn to walk back to the kitchen. As you begin to serve the ramen into our large bowl-sized mugs, I go over to the coffee table and open the box of tissues. I pull a couple and fold them to blow my nose. Afterward, I'm still congested, but the buzzing, itchy feeling has calmed, very slightly. I dry my eyes, then shuffle over to take a seat at the dining table, beneath the warm ceiling light.

OMG this is Amazing!!!!! Are they unknowingly allergic to the wool sweater as well?

It would be so amazing if you continued this story. Maybe a story of them going to bed? And maybe a bad night of sneezing? 

• 4 weeks later...

Hey all. Back with a bit more of this character and their strange, seemingly inconsistent illness. Hope you’ve been well.

-

🥞

I sort of felt like a kid again, in a good way, when I heard you were able to book a table at one of my old favourite restaurants on my birthday. I wasn’t feeling too well that day, but I was still in the mood to go out. I’d been looking forward to it. Although my sinuses felt sore and buzzy. By the time I’d gotten dressed, I was sniffling thickly, my eyes becoming watery as well. 

Perhaps I was coming down with something again - or maybe it was allergies? I’m not really sure. Lately I hadn’t had time to sort it out. It was more a nuisance than anything.

You had work in the day. Before you left, you prepared a lovely breakfast of pancakes with chocolate chips, which are my favourite. My nose was still stinging, sensitive to the delicious smell. The sight had to be less than pretty, me trying to properly slice and eat your perfectly cooked chocolate chip pancakes, delaying and firing off misting sneezes left and right. You chuckled and said ‘Bless you’ over and over, even when I stopped saying ‘Thank you’. Instead, I resorted to rubbing hard at my flushed, tingling nose.

Afterward, I’d seemed to have dozed off on the couch. You were very sweet when you woke me up. When I softly muttered that my sinuses seemed to be acting up again, you made me a hot cup of tea. It was nice and warm, but then I sneezed, and had to put the mug down. I felt your warm hand on my back as I sneezed again, and again. And again.

I wished you didn’t have to leave. You ran a soothing hand over my back, as both my hands pressed a folded tissue to my nose, its material growing more damp as I kept sneezing. I rubbed fiercely at my itchy nose and pulled more tissues. You told me that we could cancel the dinner if I wasn’t feeling up to it. In a soft, stuffy voice, I said I’d tell you if that was the case. You kissed the top of my head, and said you’d see me later tonight.

I stayed home for most of the day. Thankfully, my symptoms seemed to recede. I stopped sneezing for the most part, and felt generally better than when I woke up. Later, when Damion texted to say they were outside, I zipped up my jacket and headed out to the car. 

Our friends greeted me with excited birthday wishes, and sympathetic smiles at my slightly wilted state. Damion was driving, and Chet sat up front, our classmates from uni. My cousin Lacey and her girlfriend Dana were in the backseat, and scooted over to make space as I joined them. I was concerned that I might pass on this cold to them, if it was one, but they all just seemed like they wanted to go out and celebrate as long as I did.

A few minutes in, they started asking about you.

“Oh, there’s no one sweeter… *snff!*”

My achy nasal passages began to itch again. No… Shit. I was fine earlier. What did I do? I wrinkled my nose. As I paused to catch my breath, they kept asking.

“Yeah. I had the most amazing *snnrff* breakfast, *sdrff* -hih!” My hands flew to my pockets. As I tried to go on, my nose started to drip. “*snnrffh!* Sorry, I- I’m gonn- heHt’ISSCHHh!! -EEISSCHHioo!! *snnrgk* ‘Scuse be.” Ugh, not again...

“Bless you,” they all said.

One of your soft handkerchiefs was tucked away in my jacket pocket. I still wasn’t done - wrinkling my restless, itchy nose, trying hastily to fold the cloth before erupting with another bout of sneezes. “haAHt’ESSCHH!! dzZ’ISSCHHIEWw!! hih! EEISSCHIEWW!!!” Oh god…

“Bless you,” they started to say again, while I rubbed and pressed at my sore nose with the hanky.

“Thagk you, wow, sorry,” I snuffled softly into the cloth.

“All good,” Lacey ran a hand over my back. She asked if you got me a nice present.

I turned a little and coughed, my sinuses tingling, but too vaguely to trigger a sneeze. As I spoke, my nose began to burn, becoming more tingly with each word.

“Uhhb… *snrgk* Yeah. There’s this path along- *ahem* along the lakeshore that… ohh, *sndrff!* It’s the ode for bikes, usually.” I tried to go on, rubbing my buzzing, itchy nose.

“Yeah.”

“Yeah, so… *snrk* ugh, god, sorry, I- h-hiHh!” I hurriedly raised the cloth. “hUHdt’ISSCHHIEW!! -ISSCHHIEWW!! *sdrf!* EESSCHHIEWW!! -ughh... *snrk* Pardod be, *sdrff!*”

I rubbed back and forth under my ticklish, itchy nose, the sneezy urge still looming. Lacey kept running a comforting hand over my back.

“Bless you,” she breathed. “You okay?”

“I thigk so, *sdrf!*” I gave my nose another harsh rub.

“You were saying something about the lake?” Chet piped up from the passenger seat.

“Oh yeah,” I sniffed and lowered the hanky. I decided to try and power through the lingering tickle as I spoke. “There were these roller skates I’d beed lookig at, at the ball, *snrk!* the Couch Fire odes at Sk8ter Stop?”

“Oooh, yeah?”

“We have… *g’hmm*…” Ooh. My eyelids fluttered shut. I started to feel overcome by the sensation of feathers, lightly dancing and stroking my irritated sinuses. I really wanted to sneeze, but I also really wanted to finish my sentence, and it was an exciting one too, but I wasn’t the most keen on both happening at once.

“We…”

Right, okay. The pronoun. Now the verb. Then the subject. Alright, one at a time.

“We h-hhahve bahh… *akhmm~* W-we have…”

No. No, okay, it wouldn’t work. Quickly, I raised the handkerchief.

“hh-heiHh?? hhyieEH’AASSCHIEWW!!!”

“Bless you!!”

AASSCHhiu!! AASSCHHIOO!! -Aaschhiew!! ESSCHH!!” A rather rapid, frantic string of four, that seemed to scold me for trying to put the words before them. I took a couple of breaths, a bit winded, then pitched forward again- “HUHt’ESSCHHIEWWw!!”

“Bless you!”

“Thagk you. *sngk* Oh by god. Dod’t bide be, just…”

“You good?”

“Just dyig over here. *snnrk!*” I breathed casually, hoarsely.

I gave my nose a soft blow, and coughed gently. After a bit of a pause, I seemed to have caught my breath, still blinking bleary eyes.

“You were saying?” Dana asked after a bit, bashfully.

Lacey blinked. “Oh yeah, what was the present?”

“We’re still on the lakeshore!” Chet exclaimed.

“Oh yeah,” I grinned, and ran my fingers through my hair. “Ub- Jesus,” I laughed softly at this slow-moving plot, amused by how invested they were. “So,” I began again. “We…” My nose gave a vague twitch.

“We…?” Damion prompted, a teasing grin in his voice.

“We have batchig roller skates,” I stated, finally. There. I sniffled thickly and let out a soft huff.

“Nice,” Chet commented, as Dana went “Aww!”

“They’re holographic. I love theb, *snrgk!”

“Aww, that’s so sweet,” said Lacey.

“You can cosplay as Ken and Barbie,” Damion chirped, making me smile. 

“Yeah, I… I guess we cad- hih! huHt’USSCHHh-!! …unh, *snnrff!*” I let out another itchy sneeze into the hanky, vaguely dismayed at how damp it was already. It was a good thing I’d brought more than one. "But weren't they, ub... *sdrf!* Wered't they idlide skates?

“Bless you,” Lacey put a hand on my knee, and stroked lightly with her thumb. I lowered the hanky and snuffled. She was looking at me. “Sure you’ll be alright?” she asked in a softer voice.

“*sdrf*…” A short pause, as I took a moment to decide. My throat was a bit scratchy, but wasn’t phlegmy at all, which was good. If anything, it was the sneezing that was a bit tiring. Although… “*hsnrff! snff*” …right now, the itching felt a bit less intense than it did a moment ago. It was like that, usually. Strange, inconvenient, and unpredictable. “Yeah, *snrff!* I’ll be fide. *ahemm! ...'hem. snff!* I’ll order the soup,” I added, with a light grin.

Lacey’s lips spread into a sympathetic smile. “That sounds like a good idea.”