Sneeze Fetish Forum

Roommate accidentally saw my search history

nova_592

Thought I was more careful about this sort of thing yet here I am🥴 Tonight I wanted to show my roommate the new promo video our old college dance group created, so I decided to play it on our living room Apple TV. Now usually I occasionally will delete my YouTube search history so that no one accidentally sees it, but this time I forgot. Also, the dance group’s name starts with an “S”, so you can see where this is going. Although I voice dictated the name of the group instead of typing it in, the YouTube app still showed some of my recent searches that started with S for a split second. My roommate saw, and said “what’s all the sneezing I just saw pop up” and I wanted to die. I panicked and quickly responded “I’m sorry, idk what that was” and moved on as far as I could from the subject. Luckily, her attention quickly shifted to the dance video so I’m hoping she didn’t give that much thought, but oh well. Gonna be more careful about my YouTube search history😅

Eeeek, that’s an anxiety inducing experience! I’ve had a few close calls like this myself in the past but not with anyone who actually paused to question it, thank God. 😅

If it makes you feel better, sometimes Youtube will suggest the most unhinged things, so even if it was *obviously* sneeze kink, she may have wondered what YouTube was on about.

Oh no, that’s stressful. Unless the search history was overtly sexual though, I doubt it being a fetish would have crossed her mind. And if it was, I guess if neither of you said anything more you can just move on like nothing happened 😅

On 1/30/2024 at 7:56 PM, JustReading said:

If it makes you feel better, sometimes Youtube will suggest the most unhinged things, so even if it was *obviously* sneeze kink, she may have wondered what YouTube was on about.

That’s true, sometimes YouTube will suggest me the weirdest things lol. Hopefully this is what she was thinking and not jumping to “kink” as the conclusion!

On 1/30/2024 at 10:26 PM, 1a2b3d4c5 said:

Oh no, that’s stressful. Unless the search history was overtly sexual though, I doubt it being a fetish would have crossed her mind. And if it was, I guess if neither of you said anything more you can just move on like nothing happened 😅

I know, hopefully it never gets brought back up again and she’ll just forget about it🫠

God this brings up a memory I try very hard to forget. Back before I realized you could clear your search history in the Internet browser, a friend of mine was on my computer, and decided to have a look at my search history. Why would he do such a thing, you ask? I have no earthly idea. Needless to say, the forum was in my recently viewed webpages. (This was easily 20 years ago) I pretended I had discovered it because of a radio show I had listened to at the time that talked about oddities. He definitely gave me “a look“, but bless his soul, he never spoke of it again. We remain friends to this day, and my brain is thankfully able to put that memory aside whenever we see each other.  it literally becomes something I willfully forget. It also helps that I only see this particular friend once or twice a year, but it still makes me cringe HARD to think about.

Edited by Arvani

Sigh! This just gave me a moment of sighing 😮‍💨 How I wish we didn’t have to feel shy or embarrassed about our fetishes. I speak for all fetishists ….. @kiku what do you think?

Hi @Barbie and everybody else here in this topic 😃 I agree with what has been mentioned here in many posts: Sometimes Youtube comes up with the weirdest things... 🙃
And also, this is what I keep telling myself too: For everybody outside of our community, sneezing is just that - sneezing. Just a normal physical thing everybody does without thinking much about it. I know it's sometimes difficult to remember since *WE* think it's such a big deal, but for "the rest of the world" it's not.

Maybe it would help to imagine a scenario like this: We happen to see a friend's Youtube history which shows - let's say - a ton of videoclips about kitchen towels.
Probably we would ask, "Hey, what's all that stuff about kitchen towels popping up here", and if our friend said, "Huh, I don't know" or something like that, I'm sure we would just forget about it. (And never realize our friend might have a kitchen towel fetish. Who knows?)
Same goes for our friends discovering sneeze videos in our Youtube history. 🧐

Still, I personally prefer to keep my stuff private too.

Edited by kiku
21 minutes ago, kiku said:

Hi @Barbie and everybody else here in this topic 😃 I agree with what has been mentioned here in many posts: Sometimes Youtube comes up with the weirdest things... 🙃
And also, this is what I keep telling myself too: For everybody outside of our community, sneezing is just that - sneezing. Just a normal physical thing everybody does without thinking much about it. I know it's sometimes difficult to remember since *WE* think it's such a big deal, but for "the rest of the world" it's not.

Maybe it would help to imagine a scenario like this: We happen to see a friend's Youtube history which shows - let's say - a ton of videoclips about kitchen towels.
Probably we would ask, "Hey, what's all that stuff about kitchen towels popping up here", and if our friend said, "Huh, I don't know" or something like that, I'm sure we would just forget about it. (And never realize our friend might have a kitchen towel fetish. Who knows?)

I agree! Personally I like my YT History deleted as well as my Google search history but yeah, in the end it's "just" a fetish.

Some people like feet, we like sneezes but I'm all in for privacy, personally. 

You certainly are not the first one on the forum who has had the 'heart dropping through the floor' moment of search histories revealed, forgotten tabs left open or last page viewed popping up :lol:  I have had a few moments in the past where I am sure someone has seen what I have been looking at but I can only thank them for never having brought it up with me! It never gets easier :D 

Somebody made 100 questions of original characters and I answered that for fun. I put sneeze fetish when it asked “do you have a fetish, if so, what is it?” and my friend completely saw that once 😑She started staring and overreacting at me when we sneeze or see someone sneezes. (to see my reaction) 🗿it passes over 10 years, hope she forgets or slide it

I think I'd just die, lol. I'm always extra careful about deleting any searches for sneezes, but then again I'm fortunate enough to not have a roommate to worry about it much

I would personally recommend using an incognito tab when looking up anything fetishy, since it helps prevent the search history from being saved, assuming you close the tab when you're done on the sites. For YouTube, if you tend to look up fetish content a lot, I would highly recommend just turning off your search history. Although it does suck you might not be able to find a video you watched in your history, it will prevent situations like this from happening.

On 2/3/2024 at 3:32 PM, kiku said:

@kiku you’re so right. You seem to be very knowledgeable 😅 You mentioned you live in Germany? I’d like to be friends 😊…if you don’t mind.

On 2/3/2024 at 12:32 PM, kiku said:

Wow you make a great point! It’s so easy to forget how sneezing is just like any regular bodily function to others and means essentially nothing. Meanwhile it means soooo much more to all of us here hehe

On 2/4/2024 at 5:42 PM, MrMrMrManManMan said:

I would personally recommend using an incognito tab when looking up anything fetishy, since it helps prevent the search history from being saved, assuming you close the tab when you're done on the sites. For YouTube, if you tend to look up fetish content a lot, I would highly recommend just turning off your search history. Although it does suck you might not be able to find a video you watched in your history, it will prevent situations like this from happening.

I turned off Y.T. search history simply because the list kept being soooo long, for anything I looked up. Pain in the neck to delete them all.

• 3 weeks later...