Sneeze Fetish Forum

A Midsummer's Night Dream 🌊☁️

babyganja

Authors Note: 
Hi my friends, I hope you’re all doing well! I just got back from DK for winter break and while I was there I was feeling rather ahem…  inspired 🤭  and the muse struck yet again. I’m going back for the summer and I honestly can’t wait because I miss Copenhagen (and the men in Copenhagen) so  I write stuff like this lmfao 😭  This short fic  is set a couple months after the Fastelavn party in my previous story- Fisherman’s Friend.  In this chapter Chris and Sybil celebrate Sankt Hans Aften- or Midsummer- together because its like my favorite time of year in DK it's such a nice summery backdrop for a romance like this

(and a former boyfriend of mine had bad allergies around this time of year lol should I call him)

ANYWAY here is the story : 

A Midsummer's Night Dream 🌊☁️⚓️

Late June was a stark contrast to the darkness of winter Sybil had first experienced. The golden, sun drenched days of Danish summer had cast a spell over the city, and Sankt Hans Aften was fast approaching.
Her bond with Christoffer had flourished over these past months- Their relationship, once a cautious dance of group outings and shy glances, had evolved into something much deeper- something that neither of them had predicted but both secretly yearned for.
So when Chris invited her to join him and his friends for a traditional celebration by the sea, Sybil couldn't resist the offer. She was always eager to soak up Danish culture and- if she were being honest, to spend more time with Christoffer.
Truth be told, she couldn't help but think that it was the perfect occasion for her and Chris to deepen the bond that had begun on that chilly Fastelavn night. She had never felt this way before- not with anyone else. Chris was charming and easy on the eyes, sure, but more notably he was good- truly, and genuinely good at heart. He was so different from any man she had ever met, and she knew deep down that this was different from any other fling she had been in. Despite her somewhat man-eating past, the sailor had effortlessly stolen her heart and she found herself teetering on the edge of something she had never experienced before.
Sybil hated to admit it so soon- she wasn't one to fall in love easily- but it seemed that with Chris, it was almost inevitable. Hopeless even.
But hey, she figured, who the hell could blame her?
Summoning the cojones to tell him however... well was a different beast altogether.
On Midsummer, the warm breeze carried the scent of salt and sweet wood smoke from the bonfires being lit along the coast, casting a warm glow on the dusky sky. 
Sybil arrived at Chris's place by the harbor in a sundress- the white one she knew he particularly liked. She wore tiny pearl studs in her ears and left her auburn hair long and loose down her back. She took a deep breath to steady herself before tapping out a playful rhythm on the door- shave and a haircut- two bits. It was quiet for a second before there was a brief shuffling of feet heard. Her heart leapt into her throat when Christoffer opened the door with a warm smile. He looked blonde and dashing as ever in a linen shirt and jeans. And maybe just a tad bit nervous.
"Wow- You look beautiful," he said a little breathlessly and Sybil blushed hot as a coal stove.
"Thank you, " she managed to say without melting into a puddle at his feet. "You clean up pretty nice  yourself, sailor."
Chris chuckled, that familiar twinkle in his blue eyes. "Just trying to keep up with you, Sybil." 
He offered her his arm, and she eagerly took it, feeling a sense of comfort wash over her as they set off towards the beach to meet the rest of their group. As they walked, she couldn't help but sneak looks at Chris, his strong profile against the waning light of the day, the way his hand felt warm and secure in hers.
Anticipation bubbled inside Sybil like a fizzy drink, a heady cocktail of excitement and nerves that threatened to spill over.
He seemed a little sniffly as they trudged through the tall coastal grass and Sybil quirked an eyebrow playfully. 
"Caught a cold, Chris?" she smirked, unable to resist teasing him.
Chris gave a low chuckle, his breath tickling her ear. "Nah, just hay fever. The summer blooms always get to me," he replied with a hint of amusement.
Sybil's heart leapt into her throat at that and she cleared her throat theatrically to maintain a little nonchalance. Leave it to Chris to make her sweat. "Right- just like alcohol and losing at cards? I should have known."
Chris grinned and lightly bumped his shoulder against hers. "Watch yourself, Sybil. One day I might surprise you and actually win." 
"Sure, sure-" she countered with a playful nudge back. "You know what, I'll believe it when I see it."
The merry sound of laughter and music grew louder and the aroma of grilled fish and fresh bread filled the air, mingling with the salty tang of the sea. The bonfires along the coast flickered like stars come down to Earth, casting a golden light on the faces of the gathering crowd. Sybil's eyes sparkled with excitement as she took in the scene - she thought Festelavn was quite the party but this blew everything out of the water.
"There they are," Christoffer pointed out, nodding towards a group that had congregated near one of the larger bonfires. The familiar faces of Lars,  and Erik, and a few others from their Fastelavn gathering were there, along with some new ones. 
Eagle-eyed Erik, was the first to spot their approach, and he waved them over excitedly, mischief in every cranny of his expression.
"Finally, you lovebirds made it!" he exclaimed, slapping Chris on the back with brotherly vigor.
"The prodigal Yank returns," Lars joined in with a wide toothy grin. "Just in time for the witch burning."
Sybil raised a curious eyebrow, a playful smirk quirking up the corners of her lips. "Um- The Witch burning?"
“Just the straw one," Chris teased, tickling her sides. "You won’t burst into flames, I promise."
“Hey!" Sybil swatted at his hands and stuck out her tongue. "I’m off duty, remember?”
Christoffer chuckled, draping a strong arm across her shoulders. "It's a tradition. We burn an effigy of a witch to send her away to Bloksbjerg, which is said to be a mountain in Germany where witches gather. It's symbolic, of course." 
Sybil melted into Christoffer's embrace, her eyes following the flickering flames that leapt towards the starry sky. "Sending witches to Germany, huh? You Danes have quite the colorful imagination."
He grinned, his eyes ablaze with the inferno's orange glow. "Wait until you hear the songs and see the dances. It's old folklore, but it brings us together."
She watched as the effigy, a bundle of straw fashioned into a crude representation of a witch, was placed atop the bonfire. The flames leapt higher, consuming it in fiery red tongues that elicited cheers and applause from the crowd. The warmth of the fire against the cool sea breeze created a mesmerizing dance of heat and chill.
Sybil felt the strange blend of pagan tradition and modern festivity wash over her. It was both eerie and enthralling, and she couldn't help but be drawn into the spirit of the occasion. 
"It's beautiful," she whispered, her eyes reflecting the fire's glow. "A little spooky. It's like magic."
As the blaze reached its zenith, the group fell into a respectful silence, each lost in their thoughts as they watched the flames dance and leap. Christoffer's hand found hers, their fingers intertwining naturally. He sniffled softly beside her and quietly cleared his throat- Sybil could feel a blush creeping up her cheeks, her palm suddenly feeling clammy. She hoped to god he didn't notice, but thankfully he seemed preoccupied.
Christoffer blinked as he ground his nose against his shoulder- the straw smoke was making it burn and a crawling itch clawed its way up his sinuses. 
The moment was becoming a little too idyllic to bear apparently. 
"IhhHRSSHue!"
The spell was broken, and there was a brief moment of silence as everyone struggled to bite back grins.
"He's starting early," Erik joked in a loud whisper causing a little giggle to escape from the group.
Sybil elbowed him lightly, unable to resist teasing him. "Yeah, you can't be sneezing already Chris - we haven't even started drinking yet!" 
Christoffer's laughter was interrupted by a guttering breath as he geared up for another.
"h!...k'XXt'xsh! Maybe we should get started then," he chuckled on the exhale, his voice muffled by the crook of his arm. "hrRR’ISSCHHhhoo !"
Unable to contain herself any longer, Sybil busted up till she was doubled over. "Yeah, you're right," she gasped through her giggles. "Let's just cut our losses and call it a night."
The group erupted in stitches and Lars leaned over to whisper something to Erik, a devilish glint in his eye. Erik retreated to the Coleman cooler, returning moments later with Snaps in hand, and the group cheered as he presented the bottle.
"Looks like we're about to kick this thing into gear," Lars declared, raising his voice above the crackling of the burning birch. 
The Snaps flowed freely as they settled back around the fire, and Erik passed glasses around the circle. "To Midsummer," he toasted. "SkĂĽl!"
"SkĂĽl!" the group chorused, and Sybil clinked her glass with Christoffer's, savoring the sound that echoed through the night.
She took a cautious sip, finding the herbal flavor of the Snaps surprisingly pleasant, and snuck a glance at Christoffer, remembering their first encounter with Aquavit. He caught her eye and winked, a knowing smile on his lips. Sybil felt a red hot blush creep up her neck at the memory- she couldn't help but feel a warm flush of affection for this man who had captured her heart so completely.
"So, Sybil," Lars' voice broke through her thoughts, sly and teasing. "Has Christoffer taken you sailing yet?"
"Not yet," she replied with a hint of cheekiness, a playful glint in her eye. "I'm still waiting for my invitation."
Christoffer, caught off guard, chuckled. "Consider it extended. How about next weekend?"
Sybil's heart fluttered at the thought of spending time with him on the open sea. "Okay, Cap- I'd love that."
The conversation flowed naturally, and Sybil found herself more and more enchanted with Christoffer and his world. He was different here, surrounded by friends and the sea – more open, more himself. She loved him all the more for it.
Feeling the liquor and tired of eating, the group decided to play a game of Kubb, or Viking chess. Teams were formed, and Sybil found herself partnered with Christoffer against Lars and Erik. The game was simple yet strategic, and Sybil delighted in the playful competitiveness that bubbled up between them.
"Quite the natural," Christoffer complimented, as Sybil successfully knocked over one of the wooden blocks.
"It must be all those American backyard games," she teased back, her eyes sparkling with amusement.
As the evening went on- Sybil had honestly lost track of time and drinks at this point- Erik, ever the jokester, announced, "Time for the Midsummer game!" He produced a deck of cards, much to the amusement of the group. "Let's see if Christoffer can keep his sneezing in check this time."
The group erupted into laughter, and Sybil playfully elbowed Christoffer. "Oh man- You'd better win Chris, you’re already in hot water," she teased as he let out a deep rolling laugh.
"Ye of little faith," he replied with a wink.
As they played the Midsummer game, the laughter continued to flow, punctuated by playful trash talk and the odd curse word when someone lost a round. Sybil couldn't help but watch with delight as Christoffer engaged in friendly razzing with Erik and Lars, his charming personality on full display.
As the game progressed, it became clear that Sybil and Christoffer were a force to be reckoned with. Their chemistry and playfulness made them an almost unbeatable team, and as the final round approached, they found themselves in a heated battle against Lars and Erik. The tension in the air was palpable, but it only added to the thrill of the game. As they studied their hand- things were looking pretty damn good- Sybil and Chris shared a sly glance.  
"Let's take these boys to school,” she whispered, her expression pure mischief. 
Christopher grinned like the cat that caught the canary. "You read my mind."
Their hands moved swiftly across the cards, their minds in perfect sync. Suddenly- and yet somehow predictably, much to everyone's amusement- Chris's brow furrowed and his broad chest swelled as he drew a sharp involuntary breath. He lowered his card, as he buried his face in the crook of his arm and swiveled away from the game. "hhHRSSHHHuh!- IhhHRSSHue!" He sneezed twice in crushing succession and cursed under his breath.
"Cut it out, we're winning!" Sybil playfully scolded over the chorus of laughter.
"You witch, you're jinxing us," Chris sniffled as if nothing had delayed him to begin with, mischief sparkling up his eye.
"Oh yeah?" she shot back, smirking. "Then we'd better play quick." 
As they resumed the game, their laughter and teasing grew louder, filling the night air with a sense of joy and camaraderie. The stakes of the game seemed to rise with each turn, but so did their enjoyment. Sybil and Christoffer moved as if they were two parts of a whole, complementing each other's strategies.
"Watch out, guys," Lars called out, chuckling. "The lovebirds are on fire tonight!"
As the  round reached its climax, Sybil and Christoffer played their last card with triumphant grins. Their victory was met with cheers and mock groans from Lars and Erik who threw his hands up in mock exasperation. "I'm never betting against these two again!" he declared, and Chris swept Sybil into a celebratory hug.
She looked up at him, cheeks flushed with Snaps and the warm glow of the fire, heart pounding from more than just the thrill of the game.  "I guess we make a pretty good team, huh?"
"The best," he agreed, his voice warm and affectionate.
As the gang settled down from the excitement, growing drowsy from the booze, the conversation turned more relaxed and meandering. Stories were exchanged in typical sea-faring fashion, each more amusing or outlandish than the last.
Sybil scooted closer to Christoffer on the blanket. The misty air was cool, but she felt a comforting warmth radiating from him. She rested her head against his shoulder and Christoffer tightened his arm around her, pulling her closer. He loved the way Sybil fit so seamlessly into his life, as if she had always belonged there. 
Sybil fell uncharacteristically quiet as she watched the glowing embers dance, lost in thought. She felt Christoffer's gaze on her, his presence grounding and steady.
"You okay?" he whispered, his voice soft in her ear.
"Yeah, just thinking," she replied, snuggling a little closer to him. "About us, this night, everything. It feels like a dream."
Chris's hand tightened around hers, his grip warm and sure. "The best kind, I hope."
"The very best," Sybil assured him- she swallowed down the lump in  her throat, her heart swelling with emotion. If this was all a dream she didn't want to wake up. 
As the fire began to dwindle and smoke, Lars stood up, stretching his arms. "Who's up for a swim? Tradition calls!"
A chorus of cheers and playful groans filled the air, and Chris and Sybil shared an impish glance. 
"I'm game," she shrugged as she joined the group in stripping down to their skivvies. Half naked and giggling, they made their way down to the water's edge, the low hanging moon casting a silvery glow over the sea. Sybil felt a rush of adrenaline as she and Christoffer joined hands, making a break for it into the cool waves. The water was a shock at first, but soon it embraced them, the group of friends splashing and laughing under the stars.
Sybil filled her belly with air and floated on her back to look up at the indigo sky. The sound of the sea over her ears was a soothing lullaby, and she felt dreamy- weightless. Christoffer swam up beside her, deep blue eyes reflecting the silver on the water. She wrapped her arms around his neck without a second thought and he scooped her up, their bodies weightless in the buoyant sea.
The waves carried them gently up and down, and Christoffer pointed out towards the horizon. "See that light out there? That's a lighthouse. My father used to take me sailing out past it when I was a kid."
Sybil looked at the distant light, a steady beacon in the blue. "It's beautiful."
In that moment, something shifted between them. It was as if the weight of their unspoken feelings had become too heavy to bear. Christoffer took a deep breath, his voice low and filled with vulnerability. "Sybil," he said softly, "there's something I need to tell you. Ever since that night at Fastelavn, I've felt..."
Oh god. This was it, the moment she had been both anticipating and dreading. The world seemed to stand still as she waited for his words. Blood roared in Sybil's ears and her heart threatened to burst from her chest. 
"...It's more than just attraction. I don't want to rush things or scare you away, but I need you to know," he took a deep breath and brushed a thumb across her wet cheek, "I'm falling for you, Sybil. Really falling." 
Sybil's heart soared at his words, her own confession of love screaming at her to just spit it out. She had tried to hold back her feelings, afraid that they were moving too fast, afraid of being vulnerable. But in that moment, all of her doubts and fears melted away, replaced by a deep sense of trust and an overwhelming desire to be with him.
"Oh Chris I- I'm honestly already there. I’ve been at rock bottom for a while," she admitted, feeling vulnerable and a little choked up under the weight of her confession. "Seriously, I'm done for. I was so scared to admit it, even to myself, but being with you... just feels so right. I've never felt this way before, and it freaks me out in the best possible way."
Christoffer's eyes softened as he listened to Sybil's confession, the moonlight casting a gentle glow on her face, her long hair floating in dark tendrils around her shoulders. She looked like a mermaid, some beautiful creature who had emerged from the depths of the sea just for him. For a moment, they simply floated there, the world around them fading into insignificance. The moonlight shimmered across the water, basking them in a soft, silvery glow.
"You have no idea how long I've wanted to hear you say that," he whispered, his voice thick with emotion. He pulled her closer, their bodies pressed together in the gentle swirl of the tide. "I was so afraid of ruining everything, moving too fast."
Their faces were inches apart, the tension and electricity between them palpable. Her heart raced in her chest and she reached up to touch his strong jaw, feeling the roughness of his blonde stubble under her fingertips. "You could never ruin anything Chris."
As if pulled by an invisible force, their lips met in a tender kiss, soft and exploratory at first, but growing in passion as they clung to each other in the moonlit sea. He tasted like salt and Snaps and she could feel her heart thundering against her ribs, head spinning with a heady mix of desire and the dizzying rush of newfound love.
Just as things began to heat up to their boiling point, Christoffer tore himself from the kiss with a sharp gasp, and snapped his head to the side just in time to spare Sybil the brunt of a powerful sneeze.
"hHrR’SHue!" He hastily directed it  towards the water which rippled slightly in protest at being spat upon.
"Sorry," he chuckled breathlessly through a sheepish sniffle. “Snuck up on me.”
"Damn it Chris!" Erik's voice boomed from where he and Lars were attempting to drown each other in some drunken aquatic brawl. "You're scaring the fish!"
Loosened up by the liquor, Sybil couldn't contain herself and she laughed until she cried. "God bless you, Chris!" she managed to gasp, her sides in stitches, face aflame. "You know what, I'm getting some serious Deja Vu here."
Christoffer raised an eyebrow, a wry smile spreading across his face. "Apparently history has a way of repeating itself," he remarked, wiping away a tear of laughter from the side of Sybil's freckled nose.
She cheekily splashed water at him with a casual flick of her palm, a wicked twinkle in her emerald eye. "Well, in that case I wouldn't mind reliving that night at Fastelavn again."  
Christoffer's wolfish grin widened as he lunged forward and grabbed her playfully. "Oh, you wouldn't, would you?" he teased over her shrieking, tickling her ribs.  
Eventually, they made their way back to the shore, the chill of the night air causing them to shiver as they stepped onto the sand. Lars, ever the instigator, raised an eyebrow but chose to hold his tongue, a rare show of tact. Erik, on the other hand, couldn't resist a gentle ribbing. "Well, well, look who's finally caught up with the rest of us. Looks like you two found the real magic of Midsummer."
As the fire finally died and dwindled to ash and the sky began to lighten with the grey dawn, the friends started saying their goodbyes.
"It's the longest day of the year," Christoffer said quietly as they began to pack up their things. "But somehow, it still feels too short."
Sybil nodded, feeling a sense of melancholy at the thought of the evening coming to an end. Yet, the warmth of Christoffer's declaration, still fresh in her mind, filled her with an afterglow that the cold light of day couldn't dim. “I guess so,” she admitted. “But it was kind of the best day I’ve ever had.”
"Me too," Chris agreed as he took her hand to start their walk back to the harbor. "We can have more of them." 
"Yeah. Lots more."
The city was quiet, the usual hustle and bustle of daily life yet to begin, allowing them a peaceful walk back to Christoffer’s place by the harbor. The air was crisp and it smelled like petrichor and summer. 
They walked in companionable silence for a couple minutes but when they approached his flat, the reality of the night's events finally began to settle in. Sybil turned to Christoffer, searching his eyes for any sign of hesitation, any hint that the magic of the night might have been just that—magic, ephemeral and fleeting. But all she found was certainty and warmth.
"Look, Chris," she began with a flutter of nerves, "tonight was…  I don't even have the words. I'm just so glad that I met you."
Christoffer took her hands in his, his thumbs gently caressing her skin. "Sybil, I've never been more sure about anything in my life. I don't want this to just be a summer thing. I want us to see where this goes, together."
The intensity of his gaze made her breath catch in her throat. She reached up, tracing the line of his jaw with her fingers. "I like the sound of that."
As if on cue, the first droplets of rain descended from the blue grey sky, landing softly on their eyelashes and noses. 
"Come on," Christoffer said, taking her hand and pulling her toward the shelter of his apartment building. "Let's not end this night soaked to the bone."
They raced up the stairs, the laughter and excitement from the night fueling their steps. Christoffer kissed her feverishly as they stepped inside letting the door slam shut behind them. 
Exhaustion from the night's festivities finally caught up with them, and they collapsed onto the couch, wrapped in each other's arms. The sound of the storm tapping at the windows lulled Sybil to sleep, dreaming of midsummer nights, bonfires by the sea, and the sailor who had captured her heart.
Outside, the world awoke to the longest day of the year, but inside, Sybil and Christoffer found their own timeless space, a place where the night never had to end. And as they slept, and the city around them stirred to life, Sybil and Christoffer knew that what they had found in each other was just the beginning.

I took my ADHD medication last night for SCHOOL and I ended up writing more of this instead so have an epilogue as a lil treat ✨ haha

Epilogue 🐟

As the world awoke to the longest day of the year, Sybil and Christoffer found sanctuary in their own private dimension, where the night never had to end.

But as dawn crept closer, reality came crashing down on Sybil. Her head throbbed with a hangover from hell, throat raw and scratchy from last nights fun and games. She reached for Christoffer, but his side of the bed was empty. Sybil sat up with a start as she realized where exactly she was.

His bed. Holy shit.

She was in his bed- had Chris seriously carried her like a baby while she was out cold? 

Blinking away her bleary vision and pulling his knit sweater over her head to cover herself (surely he wouldn't mind) Sybil stumbled out of bed in search of him. She found him in the kitchen, nursing a steaming cup of coffee with droopy eyes that brightened up at the sight of her.

"Morning," he croaked, still half-asleep. 

"Morning," Sybil replied, trying to hide the gravel in her own voice.

They exchanged a knowing look, both sporting red-rimmed eyes that reflected a mix of amusement and stubbornness

It was clear that neither of them wanted to admit to feeling under the weather, unwilling to show more vulnerability after their mutual declaration of love last night.

Sybil shuffled over to the coffee pot and poured herself a mug- it steamed invitingly and she was momentarily distracted by its heavenly aroma. They both sipped their hot drinks in awkward silence, the weight of the elephant in the room hanging between them. The quiet was about to drive her insane and Sybil cleared her scratchy throat as she cast a cheeky sideways glance at Christoffer.

"So... how did you sleep?"

Christoffer chuckled hoarsely, the congested timbre of his voice giving him away. 

"Oh, like a baby," he winked at her mischievously over the rim of his mug. Sybil couldn't help but smirk- their charade was crumbling before them.

As they continued to sip their coffee, the truth became harder to ignore. The tickle in Sybil's throat threatened to erupt into a crackling cough, and Christoffer’s broad chest swelled as he drew an involuntary breath. He lowered his coffee slightly before setting it down on the table, his brows knitting inwards, full top lip curling into a snarl. 

A few raspy coughs escaped him before he hunched forward and steepled his hands over his nose and mouth, stifling the otherwise powerful release towards his lap.

"…hh!...k'XXNt'xsh!” Christoffer grimaced as his sinuses throbbed with pressure. He didn’t look at all appeased by the outburst, expression still hazy.

"Don't hold back on my account," Sybil hid her smirk behind her mug, unable to resist teasing him.

He shot her a look before his erratic breath sharpened and he squinted up at the dim lights overhead.

“hrRR’ISSCHHhhoo! Damn,” he swore under his breath, pressing the heel of his palm to his forehead. Surprisingly, his eardrums were still intact.

Sybil couldn't help but find both his stubbornness and the situation absurdly endearing.

"You sure you're feeling okay?" she asked, her concern slipping through her attempt at nonchalance.

Christoffer shrugged, but there was a definite flush creeping onto his cheeks. "Just a little tired, I guess."

Sybil scoffed at that and she couldn't resist reaching out to touch his forehead, checking for a fever. As expected, his skin was hot beneath her fingertips.  "Tired, my ass. You're sick," she declared.

"And you're not?" he countered with a sly grin.

"I am not! I'm made of sterner stuff than you," Sybil boasted, though she couldn't hide her sniffly muffled voice.

“Poor thing,” Chris chuckled as he tucked a lock of her copper hair behind her ear, looking both sympathetic and amused. “You're not fooling anyone. You sound full of cold.” 

There was no use arguing really- Chris was no fool and the jig was up. Sybil stuck her tongue out at him and stubbornly crossed her arms over her chest. “Well, so do you- and you have a funny accent so let’s not throw any stones.” 

"Fair enough," he conceded with a chuckle. "I guess we're both a bit worse for wear."

"I suppose it's only fair that we both suffer together."

"Suppose so," Chris replied, his voice filled with warmth and affection. "But you know what they say about misery, right?"

A naughty gleam sparkled up Sybil's eyes and she inched a little closer to him. "That it loves company?"

He grinned wolfishly, returning her spirit. "Exactly."

(fin. haha 🐟)