Sneeze Fetish Forum

History of the Forum

On 2/8/2024 at 12:49 PM, gryffin said:

I think Yahoo! discontinued the groups many years ago. But those I were in had long stopped being active already; probably all the discussion and sharing activity had migrated here.

That sounds very accurate, if I recall those groups were very active from about 2000 to 2004, there were times where there were quite a few people posting observations on those forums and then other times where it would be weeks between posts.

I think people transitioned to this forum in droves because this forum had many times the volume on people posting different observations. At least time there were dozens of posts per day on this forum, compared to times on the groups where might be a week between posts at times.

It was a very exciting night for me, when I found this forum back in 2005. I believe I read many different observations for hours. 

I had been into sneezing for as long as I could remember.  I'd go through phases of thinking it was fine to be into, guilt about it, trying to suppress it, and back again.  I always assumed i was the only one into it.  Then once the internet matured enough to have good search engines and such, one day in my mid 20s (late 90s) I started googling 'sneezing' and other combinations involving that and I soon stumbled upon a ...blog i think?  called 'diary of a sneeze fetishist' I forgot the author but I read it and though 'omg im not a freak, this is something that other people experience!'  and later that day or the next i started finding places like bondi's page and tarot of sneezing, etc and then soon after the forums :) I did sadly spend a very long time as a lurker until I got involved at all.  If I do remember I think I was a bit active on one of the old yahoo groups though and I recall chatrooms too - yahoo messenger or aim or something?