Sneeze Fetish Forum

Beneath the Surface

SneezingGenius

Hello everyone. I hope that you are all doing well. Yes, I am supposed to be finishing (and by finishing, I mean starting) a Lab report at the current moment… but instead, I have been sitting here for the past couple of hours writing. I don’t think I am finished writing, but if you have any ideas on where the story should lead, let me know! 😁

---------------------------

Natalie Jones: Natalie is a 28-year-old woman who radiates an undeniable aura of strength and self-assuredness. Her raven-black hair is impeccably styled, often in a sleek, shoulder-length bob that frames her face with sharp precision. Her piercing, dark brown eyes are fierce, reflecting her unwavering determination and intelligence. Her complexion exudes resilience, with a few faint scars on her hands, a testament to her hands-on approach to life. Natalie boasts a statuesque and athletic figure, moving with a purposeful grace that demands attention. Her wardrobe reflects her assertive personality, favouring tailored suits and structured attire that accentuate her confidence and professionalism. She often wears bold statement jewelry pieces and signature red lipstick, adding to her commanding presence.

Jordyn Thompson: Jordyn is an energetic 25-year-old woman with a cascade of chestnut brown hair that dances with life as it falls to her shoulders. Her hair's natural waves frame her face, giving her a playful and approachable appearance. Her almond-shaped, hazel eyes sparkle with curiosity and a touch of mischief, framed by long, expressive lashes. Jordyn has a heartwarming smile that can brighten even the gloomiest of days. Standing at an average height, her fashion sense is a blend of casual and trendy, often seen in well-fitted jeans, graphic tees, and colourful sneakers. Her innate sense of style effortlessly captures her youthful and carefree spirit.

Jordyn leaned against the polished bar counter, her fingers tracing invisible patterns on the cool surface of her cocktail glass. The dimly lit bar was alive with laughter and music, an atmosphere her friends had eagerly embraced. But for Jordyn, it felt suffocating, like a scene from a movie she'd seen a thousand times before. She sighed inwardly, wishing she could teleport herself to the comfort of her cozy apartment.

Jordyn's gaze wandered as her friends clinked glasses and shouted over the booming bass. Dylan, she had sworn, was the man of her dreams, her future, her life as a whole. But, just before her first week of teacher's college, Dylan had decided that the small town of Pinebrook, including a life with Jordyn, was not what he pictured for himself in the future. 

The wild, high-energy experience of "The Electric Pulse" bar and nightclub was not the scene Jordyn wished to be immersed in at the moment, but her friends insisted on a night out to "forget about him" and "move on." However, the more she sat at the bar counter, the more she continued to think about the sad, lonely persona she most definitely emanated. 

"Old Fashioned," a voice requested to a nearby bartender. 

Her head turned slightly to her right in astonishment. As an up-and-coming bar in their small town, the "Old Fashioned" was not a popular drink, but Jordyn had always enjoyed its timeless nature. 

There, catching Jordyn's attention as she sat beside her, was a tall, dark-haired woman. Her sharp, dark suit could only leave Jordyn imagining what high-end, important business meeting she had just attended. Out of nowhere, Jordyn's confidence, which emerged once in a blue moon, decided she had to know more about this woman. 

"Long day?" Jordyn inquired.

The woman sipped her Old Fashioned and said, "Tell me about it." 

Jordyn didn't know why, but this mysterious woman truly excited her. Her depressed thoughts regarding Dylan quickly faded as she focused more on the woman's confident and fierce physique.  

Jordyn decided she might as well continue her inquiries while her alcohol-induced sense of confidence was still going strong. 

"I haven't seen you around; are you near here?" Jordyn asked, trying to act calm, cool, and collected.

"I just moved," the woman responded, taking another sip of her Old Fashioned in between as if she were in no rush to complete her sentence. "My company had an opening."

According to Jordyn's analysis, this company position must have been essential for her to wear " after-work" attire. 

"I'm Jordyn, by the way," Jordyn mentioned, remembering that she had forgotten to introduce herself. 

"Nice to meet you, Jordyn; I'm Natalie," the mysterious woman stated as she turned toward Jordyn with a slight grin. 

As if on queue, one of Jordyn's best friends ran over in a drunken daze and gave her an extremely floppy hug. 

"Aren't you having the bessssttt nighttt everrrr Jordyyy?" the girl asked.

But Jordyn didn't even have a chance to respond before the girl noticed that her best friend Jordyn was no longer alone at the bar. 

"Ooo, who's the hotty?" the girl promptly stated as if she had no care in the world, "You know a rebound is all you could use after that dick Dylan."

"Okay, sweetie. I think you've had enough to drink tonight," Jordyn said quickly as she turned around on the bar stool and looked at the smiling girl as if to say, " What do you think you are doing? "

"Okayyyy, whatever you sayyyy Jordyyy," the girl said as she waltzed back to the party, "But she's biiiii, by the wayyyy."

Jordyn couldn't be more embarrassed. However, as she slowly turned back around to face Natalie, she couldn't help but notice a slight grin on the woman's face. 

"Sure sounds like a fun party over there," Natalie stated, chuckling at the statement. 

"Oh yeahhhh," Jordyn sighed, "buckets of fun."

Jordyn rubbed the tips of her fingers against her forehead, trying to avoid eye contact with Natalie. How could she ever face her again after that extremely embarrassing experience? 

"Two Old Fashioned," Natalie stated when the bartender came back around near the two women. "and two shots of tequila."

Jordyn couldn't help but perk up at the request. Did the mysteriously beautiful woman order her a drink and a shot? 

When the bartender came over with the two freshly prepared beverages, Natalie slid the Old Fashioned and shot over in front of Jordyn. 

"I figured you could use something on top of that measly glass of wine," the woman stated, leaning closer toward Jordyn.

The two women clinked the two tequila shots together and finished them promptly. 

"So," Natalie began, "tell me about this so-called 'dick' named Dylan."

"Ohhhh, where do I even begin," Jordyn stated. But the alcohol had fully taken over at this point, and words began spilling out of her like water out of a tap.  

"Ah, I see," said Natalie once the story of Jordyn's had finally ended. 

"I am very sorry for the TMI," Jordyn said, realizing her story had gone on much longer than expected. I am sure you did not come to the bar after a long day of work and choose to be bombarded with useless information provided by a stranger."

Jesus, the words kept coming—no wonder the once-full glass of Old Fashioned now had only an ice cube remaining. 

But despite her embarrassment, Natalie began to giggle. An adorable, slight giggle that made Jordyn smile ear to ear. 

"I think that's exactly what I needed after a long day of work," Natalie smiled. 

Following this night-altering conversation, more drinks were ordered, and as some may say, one thing led to another. 

Jordyn felt like a character in a television drama series. However, as the woman from the bar the night before lay quietly in her bed, she knew instantly that the events had, in fact, not been a dream. 

Natalie's once perfectly done-up outfit was now strewn across Jordyn's bedroom floor. Her perfectly straight black hair now seemed slightly curly. But what Jordyn noticed the most was how beautiful the mysterious woman from the bar looked, especially in her bed. 

Natalie turned over to meet Jordyn's wandering eyes, "Good Morning, Beautiful," she stated. 

"Pinch me," Jordyn commented, smiling down at Natalie as the two women's mouths met in a kiss. 

As the two women were embraced, Natalie's phone began to ring. She quickly flipped over to grab the phone from her pant pocket and stood up promptly, reading the number. 

"I have to take this," she stated "I am very sorry."

Natalie quickly left the room before answering the person on the other end. Suddenly, Jordyn was left with her thoughts. Had that night truly just happened? Was the mysterious woman from the bar the night before truly walking around her house naked and on the phone at this very moment? 

She turned over to read the multiple notifications on her phone from her group of friends about their adventurous nights. Jordyn couldn't wait to tell them about the genuinely breathtaking night she had just experienced. 

Just then, Natalie burst through the door, quickly gathering her items. 

"I am very sorry, but I have to go," she said, scrambling to put on the dress pants she had been wearing the night before. 

"Is everything okay?" Jordyn stated, but the woman had already left the bedroom and began to head out the door. 

Jordyn wished she could have followed her, but she felt as though she owed it to her neighbours not to run butt naked outside onto the street to follow a woman she had met the night before.  

Jordyn sat alone in her bedroom, still with the same endless thoughts. Only now, she was also left with the thought of why the most beautiful woman in the world had decided to leave her alone in her quite comfy bed. Had she done something wrong? 

But Jordyn didn't know that Natalie was keeping a secret from her- the true reason she had ended up in Pinebrook in the first place. 

Liam, a spirited two-year-old, toddled across the sun-drenched backyard, his golden locks bouncing with each unsteady step. His bright blue eyes were wide with wonder as he explored the world around him. In one hand, he clutched a plush teddy bear, his loyal companion in his grand backyard expedition.

"Pwetty fwowers!" he declared with a toothy grin, picking a few and clutching them tightly, a bouquet for his teddy bear.

"Liam, honey, where are you?" a woman exclaimed from a distance. The little boy toddled toward the back door of the cozy suburban bungalow he would call home. 

"Mama! Wook at da pwetty fwowers I found!" Liam exclaimed with extreme joy. The boy handed the flowers to his mother, grinning ear to ear. 

"Those are wonderful, darling. Now come inside for lunch! I made dino nuggies!" the women said picking up the boy and carrying him inside. 

Liam sat down and began to eat the dino nuggies while his mother began to put the tiny fresh-picked flowers into a small vase. 

"Oh wow! Look at those pretty flowers!" Another older woman exclaimed as she entered the kitchen where the little boy sat. "Did you pick those yourself, Liam?"

"I did Gama! I did!" Liam exclaimed, taking a big bite of one of the dino nuggies placed in front of him. 

"That's my Lady's Boy," the woman said as she patted the boy. 

The older woman turned to the boy's mother with a worried expression. 

"Gabe called," the woman began. “He is demanding to see Liam. You need to get yourself a lawyer. Do you understand the danger you are putting your son in?"

"You don't understand, Mom," the other woman said. “The CEO of one of the largest companies in these parts cannot be seen in court. All the men already expect me to fall! I can't like this, not now."

Just then, the woman's phone began to ring.

Jordyn...

"Who is that?" the older woman asked, "I swear if it is him..."

"It's not Mom, okay?!" Natalie yelled, "I know what I am doing; stop trying to tell me what I should or shouldn't be doing!"

Natalie ran out of the kitchen toward her bedroom and began to sob. The night before, she had met one of the most beautiful women, but how would Jordyn react when she realized that Natalie had a child? What would she think of her?

Natalie couldn't get herself to answer the phone. She just couldn't, not now. Nobody could see her in this state, especially not someone as beautiful and intriguing as Jordyn. But she would have to share her secret eventually, wouldn't she? 

At this point, Jordyn had waited by the phone for what felt like a century. Days and nights had passed with no sign of Natalie. Missed call after missed call, no answer. 

Jordyn sat on the edge of her bed, nervously tapping her phone against her thigh. The room was dimly lit, with the soft glow of a nearby lamp casting a warm, amber hue across the walls. She couldn't help but hope for a call or a text from the mysterious girl from the bar, the one with the captivating smile and the mischievous sparkle in her eyes. 

The memory of their conversation replayed in her mind like a broken record. Jordyn had felt an instant connection, the kind she hadn't experienced in a long time. She had even divulged some of her deepest secrets to this stranger, which felt liberating.

But now, in the quiet solitude of her room, Jordyn's excitement had given way to uncertainty. She wondered if she had misread the signals. The minutes ticked by, and the anticipation gnawed at her.

Jordyn sat in the stillness of her bedroom; the only sound accompanying her thoughts was the rhythmic pattern of raindrops against the windowpane. The soft, soothing melody of rain created a cocoon of tranquillity around her, wrapping the room in a comforting embrace.

Suddenly, Jordyn's reverie was interrupted by an unexpected knock on her door.

Jordyn’s heart thudded as she stood frozen, staring at Natalie on her doorstep. Raindrops clung to Natalie’s dishevelled hair, her usually impeccable style now a tangled mess. 

"Natalie, wha— what are you doing here?" Jordyn's voice wavered between concern and frustration.

Natalie stood at the door in a drenched, oversized t-shirt that clung to her, its once-bright colour now muted by the rain. Loose-fitting jeans, soaked and heavy, replaced her usually sharp slacks. The contrast to her usual impeccably tailored attire was stark, emphasizing the turmoil she was experiencing.

"I- I'm sorry... I know I should've called." Natalie's body trembled in the aftermath of the rain's icy embrace. Each quiver seemed to echo the storm's intensity, her teeth chattering an erratic percussion. The cool air, a relentless accomplice of the downpour, wrapped around her like an unforgiving cloak, seeping into her bones and stealing away any hint of warmth. 

Jordyn's concern outweighed any frustration she felt at Natalie's unannounced arrival. With a hurried step forward, she reached out and gently took Natalie's trembling hand, pulling her inside, away from the relentless downpour.

"Come in, quick," Jordyn urged, her voice a mix of worry and relief.

Natalie stumbled forward, her shivering frame leaning on Jordyn for support. The chill from the rain had seeped into her, evident in how her body quivered. Jordyn guided her into the warmth of the living room, leading her away from the doorway.

"Wait here," Jordyn said softly, her eyes reflecting concern and curiosity. She disappeared briefly into the hallway, returning with a pile of clothes.

"Here, these should help." Jordyn handed Natalie a bundle of clothes. "The bathroom's just there, first door on the left. Get changed, and I'll make some tea."

Natalie nodded weakly, her usually composed demeanour replaced by vulnerability. She stumbled towards the bathroom, her steps unsteady, and closed the door behind her.

Jordyn hurried to the kitchen, setting a kettle on the stove. Her mind raced with questions, but seeing Natalie's state, she focused on preparing something warm and comforting. As the tea brewed, she laid a cozy blanket on the couch, anticipating Natalie's return.

Moments later, the bathroom door creaked open, and Natalie emerged, clad in borrowed clothes, her wet hair pulled back into a messy ponytail. She seemed more composed now, the warmth of the dry clothes a stark contrast to the cold she had endured.

"Thank you," Natalie murmured, her voice still carrying the remnants of her earlier distress.

Jordyn smiled comfortingly. "You're welcome. The tea's almost ready. Sit down, get warm."

Natalie settled onto the couch, the blanket wrapping around her. Jordyn handed her a mug of steaming tea, and as Natalie cradled it in her hands, a sense of calm settled between them, the unspoken questions lingering in the air.

Sitting beside her on the couch, Jordyn spoke softly, choosing her words carefully.

"Natalie, I've been worried. Is everything okay?" Jordyn's voice conveyed genuine concern.

Natalie took a deep breath, her eyes conveying nervousness and relief as she prepared to share a significant part of her life with Jordyn. "Jordyn, there's something important I haven't told you," she began, her voice tinged with hesitation.

Jordyn nodded, giving her an encouraging look, silently urging Natalie to continue.

"Gabe..." Natalie sighed, her voice faltering for a moment. "My ex-boyfriend. Or should I say, my abusive ex-boyfriend."

Jordyn's expression shifted to one of concern and empathy.

"It's been a challenge, especially with work. But there's something else I haven't shared—I have a son named Liam." Natalie stated as her gaze returned to the floor. 

Jordyn's eyes widened slightly in surprise before softening with warmth. "Liam... you have a son?"

"I wasn't sure how you'd react, and I've been struggling to protect him from my ex, " Natalie said, feeling as though she had to explain herself. 

Jordyn noticed the unease in Natalie's demeanour, sensing her discomfort. With a gentle touch to Natalie's arm, she interrupted gently. "Natalie, you don't have to explain anything. Son or no son, I care about you. That's what matters to me."

Surprise flickered across Natalie's face at Jordyn's interruption. Her heart swelled with gratitude, her eyes meeting Jordyn's in disbelief. "But... you don't understand. Liam—"

"I understand that you've been through a lot, Natalie," Jordyn interjected, her tone firm but comforting. "And I want to be there for you. Whatever you've faced, whatever you're dealing with, it doesn't change how I feel about you."

Jordyn pulled Natalie into a reassuring hug. "You don't have to face this alone. I'm here for you, no matter what."

A tear ran down Natalie's face; however, as she embraced Jordyn's warm, loving hug, she felt a subtle tickle as though a feather brushed against the inside of her nose. 

Natalie felt a mix of emotions—comfort in Jordyn's embrace and the unwelcome urge to sneeze. As much as she cherished the warmth enveloping her, the persistent tickle in her nose grew more vigorous, almost insistent.

When she realized that the insistent tickle was quickly transitioning into a sneeze, Natalie pulled away, attempting to suppress the impending sneeze.

"Ha-ehKnx!" 

However, despite her efforts to pull away quickly, a slight spray mist landed lightly on Jordyn's arm. Natalie's heart sank with embarrassment. 

"Oh my god, I am so sorry," Natalie exclaimed, her cheeks crimson. Jordyn swiftly grabbed a tissue from the box on the coffee table beside the couch, where they sat without missing a beat. 

Jordyn softly chuckled as she handed the tissue to Natalie, "Natalie, it's okay. No harm done."

Yet, as Jordyn spoke, her attention shifted, and she noticed a change in Natalie's demeanour. Natalie's nose appeared slightly reddened, and her expression showed a hint of discomfort, like someone on the verge of catching a cold. 

As Natalie blew her nose gently so as not to draw attention to the embarrassing situation, Jordyn observed her subtle signs of discomfort. Despite Natalie's attempt to brush it off, Jordyn sensed something was amiss.

"Natalie, are you sure you're feeling okay?" Jordyn asked gently, her brow furrowing with worry.

Natalie forced a smile, though it didn't quite reach her eyes. "Oh, I'm fine, really," she insisted, her voice strained. “It's probably dust or something.”

Jordyn smirked slightly, "I'm going” to ignore the fact that you suggested my humble abode is dusty."

However, while Jordyn finished her witty statement, Natalie returned the crumpled tissue to her face.

"huh- HGxh... Eiknxt... Eiknxt..." Natalie stayed still, her eyes closed, analyzing whether the sneezes had completed their mission.

"Bless yo-"

"Egh- tshieuu!" The quick sneezing fit completed itself with a non-stifled and stronger final sneeze. 

"Jeez, Nat! Bless you, " Jordyn said while placing another fresh tissue in Natalie's palm.  

Natalie brought the tissue up to her face, her cheeks bright red with embarrassment. 

"Sorry..." she said shyly, removing the tissues from her now bright red nose. “I don't know what came over me."

Jordny sighed slightly, looking Natalie in the eyes. "You know, Nat, even a person as strong and beautiful as you can occasionally come down with a cold. It's allowed."

Natalie chuckled slightly, gently touching her forehead to rub her frontal sinus before looking up at Jordyn. 

"As the strong, beautiful woman you speak of, I can assure you that I feel fine."

Jordyn shook her head slightly before taking a quick sip of tea from the mug before her. She wished Natalie would feel comfortable enough to admit to her illness. But as a single mother, she was sure Natalie had grown a solid resistance to help. 

Just as Jordyn placed the mug back onto the coffee table, Natalie's phone began to ring. 

"It's my mother..." Natalie sighed, answering the phone.

When Natalie answered the phone, she was surprised to hear that Liam's pre-school had called and stated that Liam must be picked up immediately as he had begun to run a high fever. 

"Okay, Mom, don't worry. I'll head over there now." Natalie stated, letting out a sigh.

She hung up the phone and turned toward Jordyn, who was sitting, one eye brown raised, waiting for Natalie's explanation. 

"Liam has a fever..." Natalie, grabbing the bag of wet clothing she had arrived in, said, "I have to go pick him up from pre-school."

Knowing that Natalie was most likely coming down with this pre-school bug, Jordyn jumped up from the couch and headed toward the kitchen, picking up her purse.

"Where are you going?" asked Natalie.

Now, deep in her front closet, looking for a rain jacket, Jordyn quickly answered, "I'm coming with you."

"Woah! Jordyn, hold on. There is no reason for you to come along. I am capable of handling my child." Natalie stated, almost insulted, as if Jordyn was questioning her parenting skills.

Jordyn quickly popped her head out of the closet and began putting on her bright pink rain jacket. 

"Oh, I know! And, although handling a sick child while also ignoring your health seems to be your specialty, I would like to be as helpful as possible." Jordyn slyly smiled as she bent down to put on her running shoes. 

Natalie stood there shaking her head. She didn't know whether to argue with the strong-headed woman or let her come along.

"I haven't even been able to introduce you properly to my family, let alone Liam. I'm unsure if he will understand... and if I'm ready to tell him."

"Tell him what?" Jordyn asked. 

"That... that you are my girlfriend," Natalie said shyly, looking back toward the ground.

Jordyn's heart leapt with joy as she reflected on the burgeoning relationship she shared with Natalie. Despite its recent beginnings, the bond between the two women felt natural and reassuring. Jordyn was acutely aware of Natalie's deep affection for her son, Liam, and the lengths she had gone to shield him from the influence of her abusive ex-boyfriend. However, Jordyn harboured her intentions. She loved Natalie dearly and was determined to safeguard Liam's innocence at any cost, knowing she would stop at nothing to ensure his happiness and peace of mind.

"So, for now, I am just a friend." Jordyn lifted Natalie's head, nodding with reassurance. "And when you feel comfortable, you can open the topic with him one-on-one. I am simply here to help, Nat."

Jordyn leaned in and gently caressed the tall, dark-haired woman's lips. Natalie couldn't help but smile as they headed toward Natalie's car. 

"Woah!" Jordyn exclaimed, geeking out just a bit. "An Audi Q3? It beats my Cruze!"

Natalie chuckled as the two women hopped into the vehicle. 

"Well, the CEO of a large investment firm does deserve a half-decent car, I believe," Natalie stated, turning on the car and quickly dialling up the heat. The onset of gentle snowflakes signalled the transition from the cool fall rain.

"CEO? " Jordyn asked as if in shock. Despite her professional appearance and luxurious car, the fact that Jordyn's girlfriend was a CEO was surprising.

Natalie chuckled, "Indeed. You slept with a CEO." 

Yet, the chill in the air had finally aggravated Natalie's sinuses. Jordyn chuckled in response, and Natalie swiftly reached towards the backseat, where a tissue box rested beside a car seat.

"Hhih-Tshoo!" Natalie sneezed, sounding wetter than before. 

"Bless you, cutie." Jordyn grinned, "I guess the dust followed us out to the car?"

Natalie rolled her eyes, swiftly wiping her nose and disposing of the crumpled tissue in the cup holder beside her before pulling out of the driveway.

The drive from Jordyn's house to the pre-school took no longer than 20 minutes, and Natalie constantly rubbed at the bridge of her bright pink nose. Despite her efforts to appear unaffected, Jordyn noticed Natalie's occasional sniffles and the way she repeatedly cleared her throat. 

Jordyn read the sign on the small, colourful building, "Tiny Treasures Learning Center."

"I'll be right back," Natalie stated, leaving the car on with Jordyn patiently waiting inside. 

A few moments later, Natalie emerged from the building, carrying a small blonde-haired boy who clung tightly to her. 

Natalie opened the back door of the Audi and gently placed the small boy into the car seat. She brushed the boy's blonde locks off his forehead, checking for any signs of fever. His eyes widened as Jordyn turned around and greeted him with a friendly smile. 

"Liam, sweetheart, this is my friend Jordyn," Natalie introduced, observing the boy's reaction to seeing a new woman seated in the front seat. 

"Well, you must be Liam!" Jordyn exclaimed, flashing a grin at the young boy. "Your mommy mentioned you're not feeling too great, huh?"

The boy nodded, promptly inserting his thumb into his mouth.

Natalie swiftly removed his finger, cautioning, "The more that finger goes into your mouth, the worse you'll feel, sweetie."

However, the boy's simple reaction came as a gentle "ah-choo!" sprinkling slightly onto his mother before him.

Natalie swiftly retrieved a tissue from the conveniently located box beside the car seat and wiped the boy's nose.

"Remember what Mommy taught you?" she gently reminded him. “When we sneeze, we cover our mouth with our arm, alright?"

"Kay, mommy, " the boy said as Natalie closed the door to the back seat and opened her own. 

Once more, the woman shivered as the chill of the outdoor breeze enveloped her.

"How do you know my mommy?" questioned the young boy. 

Jordyn smiled gently at Liam's question, considering her response carefully. "Your mommy and I met through some friends," she explained. "We became good friends, and now we spend time together." This response avoided mentioning the romantic aspect of their relationship while still providing a plausible explanation for their connection.

Like many toddlers his age, Liam continued to chatter enthusiastically about his classmates, recounting their dinosaur playtime adventures and proudly boasting about his ability to count from 1 to 10 all by himself.

"I love playing dinosaurs!" exclaimed Jordyn, mirroring the young boy's grin. "Perhaps we could have fun playing together when you're feeling better!"

Liam beamed from ear to ear, holding his stuffed teddy bear tightly. Jordyn sensed an immediate connection between them, much like the bond she shared with Natalie.

She glanced back at Natalie, who was again fidgeting with her nose.

"Hey buddy," Jordyn pivoted back towards the boy. "Could you hand me a tissue from beside you?"

The boy nodded eagerly, retrieving a tissue from the box beside him and passing it to Jordyn.

As Jordyn anticipated, Natalie swiftly leaned over, stifling a potent "H'KCHK-ahh" into her lap, maintaining both hands on the steering wheel.

Jordyn handed the tissue to Natalie, who let out another, even more forceful "Eishhooo!"

Just as Natalie recovered from the powerful sneeze, Liam exclaimed, "When we sneeze, we cower ow mouth wit our awm, mommy!"

Jordyn chuckled, pivoting back toward the young boy. "Absolutely Liam! Little boys and mommies need to cover their mouths when they sneeze."

Natalie added the tissue to the others in the cup holder beside her. "Gosh! I'm starting to feel a bit outnumbered over here!"

Jordyn rested her hand on Natalie's thigh, gently running her thumb along the fabric of her jeans.

"Mommy?" the boy questioned.

"Yes, my love?" Natalie responded. 

"I fink Jowdyn showd stay wit us for a wittle bit"

The two women turned to each other, smiling. 

"I don't know, buddy, you'll have to ask her," Natalie grinned. 

Jordyn glanced back at the young boy once again. "I'd be thrilled to, buddy!"

Halfway through the trip home, Liam had fallen into a peaceful sleep in his car seat, breathing steadily, leaving Natalie and Jordyn once more alone with their thoughts.

Natalie, pondering how she had ever been so fortunate to have a woman as beautiful and kind as Jordyn in her life, persisted in rubbing at her nose, trying to ignore the persistent tickle that kept resurfacing.

Fully aware of the task ahead, Jordyn pondered how to persuade her determined girlfriend to acknowledge her condition and allow her to care for her.

Before long, the Audi arrived in the driveway of a meticulously kept bungalow, painted in a soothing neutral hue that radiated an inviting allure. The front yard boasted neatly trimmed bushes and a sprinkling of colourful flowers, injecting a lively energy into the surroundings.

Natalie swiftly exited the car, hurrying to the back door to carefully lift Liam from his car seat. The young boy stirred from his slumber, accepting his mother's embrace while clutching his teddy bear tightly.

Meanwhile, Jordyn retrieved Liam’s dinosaur backpack and purse from the back of the car and prepared to take them inside.

Natalie pushed open the front door, placed her purse to the side, and slipped off her sneakers, leaving them neatly on the welcome mat. Jordyn followed suit, mimicking Natalie's actions.

"Here's my little guy," a voice echoed from the living room. The open-plan living room seamlessly connected to the kitchen, adorned with chic furnishings and scattered with many of Liam’s toys.

Swiftly, the woman set aside the book she had been reading in the living room and approached the front entrance. Just shy of 40, her short, sleek black hair framed her face with effortless elegance. Standing slightly taller than average, she possessed a presence that commanded attention without overshadowing those around her. Her dark eyes glimmered with warmth and intelligence, suggesting a depth to her character. With graceful movements and a gentle demeanour, she radiated a quiet strength and unwavering love for her family.

The woman gently pressed her hand against the young boy's forehead, feeling his warmth as he reached for his grandmother.

"Come on, sweetheart, it's time for some medicine," the woman said, scooping up the boy and leading him around the corner.

"Your home is lovely," Jordyn remarked, admiring the family photos adorning the walls.

The photographs featured the two women and the young boy, showcasing their bond. A recurring theme emerged, noticeable in the absence of a father figure.

"My father left us when I was about 8 years old," Natalie revealed, her gaze drifting to the picture on the wall. "Despite that, I had an exceptional childhood thanks to my mother. I'm committed to ensuring Liam experiences the same love and happiness."

Jordyn leaned in and rested her head against Natalie's shoulder. "You're doing an amazing job, Natalie," she murmured.

Natalie pulled away suddenly, turning to her side once more.

“Ieg'Xsh-uh! Hhh-hih-hh! Hg’Tch-hh…” she sneezed, slightly stifled but forceful. 

"The plague strikes once more," remarked the older woman as she reentered the central area.

Jordyn couldn't help but suppress a chuckle, acknowledging the sentiment with a nod. However, Natalie wasn't quite prepared to concede to the illness yet.

“I’m fine, Mom,” Natalie stated, turning toward the woman, “Just the cold air getting to my nose.”

"Uh huh..." the older woman uttered, approaching the two women standing in the front entryway. "Well, come on in! Take a seat! I just gave Liam some Children’s Tylenol and tucked him into bed. Poor thing looks so pale!"

The three women sat in the small front living room area where the woman had been reading initially. 

"And now I understand why you've been out all morning," remarked the older woman, studying Jordyn intently. "I'm Jo, by the way."

"Jordyn," she replied with a smile. "It's lovely to meet you."

"Beautiful and kind," Jo remarked with a smirk, raising her eyebrows in Natalie's direction. "She's a catch."

"Mom!" Natalie exclaimed while Jordyn chuckled. "We're just friends."

"Is that why you're wearing Miss Jordyn's clothes?" Jo questioned, prompting the two women to exchange glances. "A mother always knows," Jo chuckled.

"Alright, but as far as Liam's concerned, we're just friends," Natalie clarified. "I want to have a proper conversation with him before he knows anything."

"I get it," Jo exclaimed when suddenly, a soft cry echoed from one of the rooms down the hall.

"I'll go check on him," Natalie suggested, going down the hallway and disappearing from view.

"Natalie isn't the type to admit she's under the weather," Jo explained. "She's a resilient one, that's for sure. But everyone needs to take a break now and then."

"I can see that," Jordyn started, "But I'm optimistic that I can persuade her to take a break!"

Natalie reappeared from around the corner and settled on the couch beside Jordyn. But as soon as she sat down, her phone began to ring.

"Jones speaking," she answered swiftly, rising and making her way toward her laptop at the desk.

"Good luck," Jo offered as she headed to the kitchen to check on the chicken noodle soup she had started earlier.

Jordyn trailed behind them, joining them in the kitchen and sitting on the stool next to Natalie, who spoke rapidly to the person on the other end of the line.

"Have we received all the required paperwork from the client?" Natalie inquired, her tone distinct from her usual relaxed demeanour outside of work.

Suddenly, Jordyn observed Natalie again fidgeting with her nose as if resisting a sneeze.

"Oka— sniff —and what's the estimated timeline for processing their claim?" Natalie inquired, her voice slightly strained.

"H-h-have we encountered any delays or issues tha- sniff - that could affect the processing time?" Natalie continued, struggling to suppress the impending sneeze.

"O-o-okay, Derek, thank - sniff - you," she concluded abruptly, ending the call and succumbing to a sudden sneezing fit.

“Hih-Tschoo! Egh-Tshieuu! Eghhh..kng-tsieww! Eishhooo! Iht-TSHt! Eihht-SHOO!” Each sneeze sounded progressively more desperate and distinct from the last.

Jo retrieved the tissue box from the kitchen counter and set it down in front of her daughter while Jordyn gently rubbed circles on Natalie's back with the palm of her hand.

"Bless you, sneezy!" exclaimed Jordyn, fetching a tissue from the box and slipping it into Natalie's hand.

Jordyn extended her hand toward Natalie's forehead, gently brushing aside hair strands from her face. Natalie pressed into Jordyn's cool hand as Jordyn sighed in disapproval.

"You're running a fever, Nat," Jordyn said, gently turning the woman's head to face hers. "I think it's time for you to lie down."

“I’b find,” Natalie stated, her voice thick with congestion.

"You can argue when you can say 'I'm fine' correctly," Jordyn pointed out, closing Natalie’s laptop.

"I believe my pronunciation of the term is up to par," Natalie retorted, gently blowing her nose into the tissue Jordyn had offered.

"The proper pronunciation ends with an 'e,' not a 'd'," Jo pointed out, pressing the back of her hand against her daughter's forehead. “Go put on your pyjamas, and I'll ladle some of this chicken noodle soup into a bowl," Jo suggested.

Natalie rose gradually from her seat and went down the hallway toward her room. "I'll listen this time... but I'm not admitting to anything!" she declared stubbornly.

"Stubborn was putting it mildly..." Jo stated, "hard-headed is more accurate."

TBC?

this is pretty good so far, I wonder what you will come up with next.

I love this! Not sure why it has t gotten more comments. Your writing is really good and I hope you continue this!

• 2 weeks later...

Loving this so far, please do continue!! 😍

• 4 weeks later...