Sneeze Fetish Forum

Could our sneeze fetish be genetically related?

Barbie

I honestly believe that I inherited the fetish from my mom. I think she’s one of us but she never could open up to me about it. My dad sneezes a lot maybe that’s what got her attracted to him the first place? I remember about a few years ago, I told my mum that my next door neighbor has some wild allergies and he sneezes very loudly and I intentionally recorded one intense sneezing fit from my  neighbor because I could hear him sneezing from my room. So, I forwarded the audio to my mom and to my surprise, she quickly came to visit me straight from work that night for whatever reason I yet to find out! Since then she’s always been asking about my “sneezing neighbor “ .. like she’d go like “ Hey, how’s your sneezing neighbor doing “ lmaoo 🤣🤣 there are so many little instances I’ve noticed about her reactions to people sneezing that I strongly believe I inherited the fetish from her. Who else can relate to this?

Oh good GOD I hope not!!! What an absolute horror!! :shocking:

In all honesty sometimes I have wondered about my mom too because she always wants to bring up colds and allergies and stuff like that in conversation and seems to love discussing her cold symptoms in excruciating detail, but surely it can't be? Like, if it's a sexual thing, why the fuck would you bring that up with your own child?? UGH! :yuck: :puke: 

I know I've read somewhere that the predisposition to develop fetishes is hereditary, which is cringeworthy to think about as it is, but I really hope it doesn't mean that you'll inherit the same fetish because ugh. I need to shower in bleach to get rid of the ick now. :lol: 

LOL yeah, the idea of sharing this fetish with a family member is so weird to me haha. But like in the grand scheme I don’t doubt that it’s impossible! In fact, I think there used to be (still are?) a couple of people active on this forum who were irl twin siblings. So while I don’t think EVERY instance of a fetish is shared genetically, there must be times where it does happen. It is a fascinating thought even though I’d prefer to not personally have that situation lol. 

😂😂😂😂welp! Genes don’t lie 

• 2 weeks later...

Can't deny that it feels a little weird, but honestly I've been wondering about the fetish's origin forever. Genetics might be a part, but.... I'm considering it as a part of the brain. Perhaps its the result of something that happened in childhood? Some weird or incorrect associations between the 2 and a half neurons I have? It's honestly quite fascinating for me.

There’s probably a genetic component, but AFAIK a fetish is most likely to form as a result of early childhood experiences. A family member, carer, friend or other person we spend time with who has a sneezing incident that makes an impression on us is quite possibly the catalyst, though many find their first awareness of it is from sneezing featuring in TV shows or movies. But I reckon that is probably the result of being primed by an earlier sneezing incident that we might be too young to remember.

@Barbie It’s entirely possible that your mother finds your neighbour’s sneezing attractive, maybe she finds him attractive in general, maybe she is attracted to sneezing in general. And maybe she’s hoping you’re going to record him again! Is your mum not tech savvy enough to do things like search for sneezing content online?

Also, would you consider writing some observations about your neighbour in the Obs forum?

Does sneezing or talking about sneezing in front of your parents not weird you out? It seems like the overwhelming majority of us can't stand the thought of it, so it is interesting that you can!

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/14/2024 at 12:45 PM, solitaire-au said:

There’s probably a genetic component, but AFAIK a fetish is most likely to form as a result of early childhood experiences. A family member, carer, friend or other person we spend time with who has a sneezing incident that makes an impression on us is quite possibly the catalyst, though many find their first awareness of it is from sneezing featuring in TV shows or movies. But I reckon that is probably the result of being primed by an earlier sneezing incident that we might be too young to remember.

@Barbie It’s entirely possible that your mother finds your neighbour’s sneezing attractive, maybe she finds him attractive in general, maybe she is attracted to sneezing in general. And maybe she’s hoping you’re going to record him again! Is your mum not tech savvy enough to do things like search for sneezing content online?

Also, would you consider writing some observations about your neighbour in the Obs forum?

Sure @solitaire-au I’m going to write some obs about my formal sneezy neighbor!